Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 39 days!
At least Cody is keeping alive the Rhodes family tradition of winning the NWA World title, holding it for a short length of time, and then losing it back to the guy he won it from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 39 days!
Watching POWERRR right now and good lord I love it already. It's mashing all my 1980s nostalgia buttons. Now I have AEW and NJPW for the big event feel, and NWA POWERRR for that smaller (and wonderfully cheesy) vibe. Very happy camper here. Wrestling is so much fun again :)

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 39 days!
I enjoyed this week's show. Of course it wasn't as good as last week's, but then I wasn't expecting much when I saw last week's show, and was very pleasantly surprised. I was still entertained by this week's offering, though.

E: just gonna leave this here

Sydney Bottocks fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Oct 16, 2019

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 39 days!

coconono posted:

He's been uniformly terrible everywhere else. This format is perfect for him. All the OVW/Rip Rogers guys are trained exactly for studio TV wrestling so its like watching hand meet glove for the first time.

Just to confirm this, he was pretty good in Championship Wrestling From Hollywood, which was a similar type of studio wrestling as Powerrr but with like 1/100th of the budget.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 39 days!
Kamille is awesome because when you first see her you're thinking she's just there to be eye candy, but as things progress she really adds a lot to Aldis in his interviews and during his matches. All without saying a word. :allears:

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 39 days!
As J-Ru said in another thread, I have become a fan of Tim Storm; and am genuinely invested in his storyline of "older former champ looking to prove that he still has it".

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 39 days!
I really enjoyed the end of this week's episode, where little by little just about everyone on the roster came out and argued with each other, but it didn't disintegrate into a giant brawl. Not that I would have minded if it did, but it was a refreshing change of pace. :)

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 39 days!
Yeah, kinda glad in retrospect that I didn't order the NWA PPV. Cornette can go gently caress himself and I'm done with Powerrr until they shitcan him and the people who let him say that unedited (which probably won't happen since I'm guessing it'd probably mean getting rid of everyone who runs the show).

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 39 days!
Replacing Dokken with Pantera? Man, they just keep giving me reasons not to watch this show.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 39 days!

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Once upon a time ROH did an iPPV with buffering issues.

Then they said they fixed it and the issues were worse on the next show.

Then they said they fixed it again and the issues were even worse on the next show.

I'm half-convinced it was all just a ploy to make Hulkamatt (at least I think it was Hulkamatt) look like a dang fool for talking about what good value each show was going to be shortly before each one started.

Am I misremembering, or wasn't one of their iPPVs affected by the fact that the place they held it in had no/very lovely Internet, and they ended up trying to stream it off of someone's cellphone/wireless hotspot? I vaguely remember this happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 39 days!

rare Magic card l00k posted:

It's possible this also happened in ROH (and the building having lovely internet story is one I recall from around that time), but this definitely happened for a non-PPV TNA event.

I vaguely remembered it being an ROH iPPV that took place somewhere in Florida, so I did some digging and I think it was Showdown in the Sun 2012. I remembered it being one of the many other indy iPPVs and shows that took place around Wrestlemania time that year.