Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

grack posted:

Aldis hosed up that Cloverleaf in hilarious fashion.

the main event at All In!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
aldis' accent is so weird. he almost sounds Australian

I have no idea why this show works but it does.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I want more Yosemite Sam poo poo in my commentary. Hick it up to the max

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
mister kennedy needs to hit the drat gym

i like colt enough but i dont think his style fits this show.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

LividLiquid posted:

Dave Lagana interview on Wrestling Observer Radio was a great listen.

Agreed. Have a listen if you have a chance.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
This show is so good. Aldis is a great heel. Even his benevolent actions seem patronising like checking up on Storm after the match. And Tim Storm is so good! He’s the kind of white meat baby face that eludes WWE entirely. How is Tim Storm good?!??

Also the commentator with the “I’m a serious investigative journalist” gimmick is great. He’s such a dork but I don’t want to see the wrestlers beat him up.

Also the heels suck and I would like to boo them irl because they suck.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

LividLiquid posted:

I've had the opposite experience. I've found that I care more about a headlock in NWA than I do a dive to the outside in every other promotion, so I guess a lot of the old guys were right when they said to slow things down, but if everybody were doing this, the few high flyers would stand out and feel more important, so mostly I just appreciate how different, in this case, slow, the wrestling can be.

NWA are proof positive that the most basic wrestling (both in-ring and promos) can be incredibly compelling if done with care and sincerity.

Sydney Bottocks posted:

As J-Ru said in another thread, I have become a fan of Tim Storm; and am genuinely invested in his storyline of "older former champ looking to prove that he still has it".

I remember when before CorganNWA started and people googled the NWA Champion to find it was some old lumpy school teacher who only wrestled in lovely indies. Forgive us Tim Storm we knew not what we did.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Eli Drake: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJRL5iXg8Qo

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I liked that Colt promo. It’s the first thing Colt’s done on this show that I’ve liked.

Nice work by Drake to shut down the question mark chant and get the attention back to him.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Yes. I think he does a good job other than those moments.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
god help me im considering buying an NWA PPV in 2019

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

WatermelonGun posted:

yeah i saw. shocking the washed up rock star who goes on alex jones saw nothing wrong with that little quip. not buying the ppv anymore.

yeah I’m not buying the PPV anymore or watching Powerrr until Cornette is gone, at least. Pity cause I enjoyed Powerrr for what it was!

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Glad Cornette’s gone but I still don’t think I’ll pick NWA back up. If it was a live show I could understand but the fact it was taped speaks to either incompetence or malice and I don’t feel like rewarding either at least right now.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
The only thing I miss about this show is Tim Storm

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Davros1 posted:

Stu Bennett is joining the NWA announce team.

Hey Bennett. Over here Bennett. Hopefully next year, this company won’t be around!!!

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
how's stu on commentary?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Cody would drop to #2 face if Mama Storm’s baby boy was All Elite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

quote:

That's why I said "explicitly," because there's levels to this poo poo and his only TV or TV adjacent gigs have been with the promotion that tried to exterminate gay people in Africa

whats this now