Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cda

by Hand Knit
the other day i needed to go somewhere and instead of driving myself i just used an app to get someone else to drive me there and it got me thinking how much easier it would be if i could do that with other things that are too much trouble. like what if you could just hire someone to have sex with you. i think this might be a million dollar idea. even better, what if you could hire two people to have sex so you didn't have to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peg Sliderskew
You should make an app that comes up with million dollar ideas so that I don't have to. I will give you $5 per idea.

Courtesy of Manifisto

Plebian Parasite

i have so many videogames that i can't really ever get through them all, so it'd be pretty handy to have like a community of people who have chronicled all the cool parts of videogames so i can just watch those instead of wasting my time by playing them.

google THIS

I enjoy my tropical produce but I just don't have the time to fly all the way down there to harvest it myself. perhaps there's a way that we could pay people that live down there to pick it for us? or even, not pay them, but have them pick it anyway?

alnilam

Here's my pitch fora new app called GrowSIR
sometimes i get tired of growing and harvesting my own food, it'd be cool if a bunch of people (the "sir" part of the name) did it for me and then brought it to various locations, called GrowSIR-y Stores, so i could pay money for the pre grown food instead of growing it myself all the time

alnilam

An app for people to steal my thunder, called ThorSwipr

I see google this is already a user

FutonForensic

an app to request professional ghost writers to make great posts for me, without anyone knowing it wasn't me

:siren: THIS POST WAS BROUGHT TO YOU BY YOBR, THE DISCREET POSTING SERVICE FOR DISCERNING CHUCKLEMEISTERS. YOBR. ASK FOR IT BY NAME ON THE APP STORE :siren:

Kthulhu5000

by R. Guyovich
I think an app called Suber would be great. Request a submarine or hero sandwich or what have you, and have it delivered to you.

This would obviate the need to go out and get your own sandwich, and it means no mean dealing with the shaky reliability of sandwich chains that claim to offer delivery, but charge twice what your sandwich costs for it and they don't deliver it with love and it flies forward into the floorboards from the passenger seat and you end up with a big sopping wet expensive mess of a sandwich that makes you question the validity of every life decision you've made up to that point.

I think many recognize this pain I'm describing, and we're all waiting for our lives to be disrupted out of it.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Manifisto

cyrano de bergerapp

payment contingent on results

ty nesamdoom!

They Might Be

tuber

it's like uber, but a fleshy underground stem or root serving as food storage or a reproductive budding site (if you know what I mean)

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
uber for dogs

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

City of Glompton

Muver, someone watches a movie for you and tells you what you think of it, based on your responses to a short questionnaire completed during registration

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

City of Glompton

friend: so what do you think of the 5th Indiana Jones movie that's coming out, pretty cool huh?

me: 5th? there's only three movies, idiot.

friend: there's four, they made another one

me, checking Muver: nope. according to feedback filtered through my preferences, my last Muver watcher, LeighAnne C. says that a 4th Indiana Jones movie doesn't exist. there's only three of them

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

mags

I am a congenital optimist.
an app where you can get someone to die instead of you

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)
Fredrik1

Gopherslayer
:rock:
*Checks the Muber app*

Ha ha, I love memes.

Twenty Four

An app that gets rid of all the stupid apps you have, but it starts with itself first.

Peg Sliderskew
Puber would be great for those 'In an important meeting with food poisoning' moments.

Courtesy of Manifisto

deep dish peat moss

I used to work for Uber and some of the jokes in this thread aren't far off from things they actually did or planned to do

deep dish peat moss

Nosfereefer posted:

uber for dogs

Like this. Uber has a few days a year where you can request a car full of dogs comes to you and you lie under a blanket of puppies for 15 mins.

deep dish peat moss

Suber is real too...

deep dish peat moss

mister magpie posted:

an app where you can get someone to die instead of you

This goes well with my idea for Scaryoke, it's like Karaoke but instead of covering a song you cover a death scene from a horror movie.

Plebian Parasite

you stole my idea for Harikarioke

myDad

ce n'est pas ma mère

deep dish peat moss posted:

Like this. Uber has a few days a year where you can request a car full of dogs comes to you and you lie under a blanket of puppies for 15 mins.

lol

sig by vanisher™®

cda

by Hand Knit

deep dish peat moss posted:

i am not going to look this up because iw ant it to be real

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

myDad

ce n'est pas ma mère
Puper, so you don't have to waste precious time from your day

sig by vanisher™®

deep dish peat moss

cda posted:

i am not going to look this up because iw ant it to be real

It's not a joke it's even free + you can adopt the dogs
https://www.uber.com/info/sg-uberpuppies/

deep dish peat moss

They do it in places that aren't Singapore too but that was the first result on google

vanisher

I wanted to get bulked up so I downloaded the Lyft app

The dude I hired is making really impressive progress

Peg Sliderskew
Buber would be great for those 'In an important meeting but forgot your bra' moments.

Courtesy of Manifisto

3D GAY WORLD
I love coffee but I'm sick of spending an hour grinding my beans every single morning, that's why I invented Grindr.

vanisher

3D GAY WORLD posted:

I love coffee but I'm sick of spending an hour grinding my beans every single morning, that's why I invented Grindr.

Installed, got a guy to come over to grind my beans but there was a misunderstanding

Peg Sliderskew

vanisher posted:

Installed, got a guy to come over to grind my beans but there was a misunderstanding

Did he forget to use Luber?

Courtesy of Manifisto

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hey uber, drive me to the store and back

[Dead uber driver didn't stay cool in the car after waiting 30 mins for me to leave ralph's]

alnilam

hockey jockey posted:

Did he forget to use Luber?

joke_explainer

Gruber, the app for when you are looking for professional criminals to help you with your genius plan in which you hide a relatively minor criminal act by openly committing a far more serious major terrorist act in the process

google THIS

I was finally able to start my campfire with Tindr, but it took forever. Maybe it's because they used the old "rubbing two sticks together" method, and maybe because instead of sending one person they sent hundreds, and they each swiped the stick left only once. Not very efficient.

myDad

ce n'est pas ma mère
Bendr, so I don't have to deal with the hangover Monday morning

sig by vanisher™®

Fredflonston

Where you can call a drone with your phone or iwatch to bring you sauces and condiments like ketchup and sriracha and maybe like jalapenos and you call it Squirtr.

Twenty Four

Fridgr - Someone drives to my house, goes to my fridge, and gets me a beer, because I don't want to get up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peg Sliderskew

joke_explainer posted:

Gruber, the app for when you are looking for professional criminals to help you with your genius plan in which you hide a relatively minor criminal act by openly committing a far more serious major terrorist act in the process

Courtesy of Manifisto

• Locked thread