Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The only good thing Tom ever did was show Frank The Stanley Parable (which was one of my favorite scenes in the whole show to be fair). I have no idea why they kept him around for 3 seasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I think I forgot that scene.

Apparently, every season has Frank involved with a video game, but my memory fails me.

S1 was Call of Duty: Insert Subtitle Here
S2 Monument Valley?
S3 Stanley Parable?
S4 was Agario
S5 Some driving game on his exercise bike.

Do I have that correct? I don't actually remember him playing Monument Valley, but someone mentioned it was one of the games.

Monument Valley was also season 3, Tom introduced it to him as well. I don't remember if Season 2 featured a particular game beyond Frank discovering that he could no longer play CoD online once he became VP.

Here's the Stanley Parable scene:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWUNxcvZCpg

It always stuck with me because Frank not "getting" SP due to the fact that it doesn't follow normal narrative or gameplay conventions was just so perfect. He likes video games because they let him feel powerful and in control. A game that deliberately antagonizes the player and doesn't have normal goals or objectives is completely baffling to him.

• Locked thread