Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

is not that "everything sucks" but House of Cards was at its best with Frank and Claire maneuvering to get to the White House, but the plot with them ruling as well as discarding things left right and centre with no major repercussions (a massive clusterfuck in Palestine and no big deal? sheesh) as gone downhill pretty fast

and now there is the no small issue of reality beating the poo poo out of its plot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

House of Cards truly has a problem of working like a tv series when netflix affords them an absurd amount of flexibility

they get rid of characters and plots like a 90s tv drama

edit (because I justposted and didn't finish):

the writer is a fantastic example of a character that was added for... what reason

Lucas got shot for what (ok that might be a commentary on post-facts presidencies and what not)

remember that if the writers are actually keeping pace on things, the american social service net is gone, an educational reform went through that fucks everything up, FEMA is done, poo poo has gone down in Palestine that would have actually led to a very hot war and so forth but nevermind forget everything

also the actor playing conway is pretty bad for a politician character imho

dead gay comedy forums fucked around with this message at 16:28 on May 31, 2017

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

the thing I dislike most about house of cards right now is where are the people

trump can't have a random fart without 3 different leaks to the WaPo, an illegal president with this amount of poo poo should be on the rails all the time

like I said before the showrunners forget plots and structure for a supposed sake of the immediate

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Antti posted:

So, again, I've watch S1 and S2 and Frank suddenly caring about money instead of power is a ridiculous contrivance. I mean, gently caress, season 2 is basically all about an adversary of Frank's (Tusk) who has loads of money and who Frank fucks over.

loving hell

the whole "power is a building of stone" speech was brilliant in the characterization of frank, now that is one hell of a 180-degrees turn

• Locked thread