Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
I forgot which episode this is but I really liked the scene where (nothing major): Conway meets with the black caucus and they're just like "we want to hear a plan, not just generic drug stuff" and Conway had nothing. Now that I think about it, they totally missed out on trashing Ben Carson. Should had Conway start randomly spouting off stuff about the inner cities unprovoked.

Can anyone remind me who the guy working for Conway is again? He's kinda giving me a huge Bannon vibe (during the whole "President Bannon" thing when we all still thought he was puppet master, which seems so long ago) but I don't remember if we met him before in the last season. I thought he was just the owner of that data company or whatever but why does he use access to congresspeople?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Just finished this last night. What a load of poo poo. The first few episodes were promising but then the rest of it was 💩.

I agree with everyone that Tom was a colossal waste of time. I also started skipping every single scene with him. I don't know what exactly it was but I think it's just that his actor is bad and slow at talking, everything he has to say is uninteresting, and a lot more that I just don't remember. His entire purpose seemed to be "main character's boyfriend" and if he was removed I feel like the story would be the same. Maybe that was the point, maybe the writers were playing 8th dimensional chess here and trying to ironically bring attention to the stereotypical "useless girlfriend" roles but I think that's giving them too much credit.

I also didn't like the two strategists they brought on board. I think the whole puppet master thing is interesting, but they really need to be careful about how they write those characters. If they give the puppet masters too much insight, like they clearly did here, then it makes us the audience feel 100% detached because it's obvious that there's no way they can lose. Every setback they encounter had me thinking "okay is this real, or is this planned, it's probably planned." I think the lady consultant character was the worse offender here because her smug attitude was just insufferable.

I think they should get one more final season because there's just no point in this anymore. The first season was great because we attached ourselves to Frank and were right there with him, watching him plan things and do things to get into power. Now we're just here for the ride, watching the story spin around and around. It's not as interesting.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Pump it up! Do it! posted:

Her and that campaign manager dude just showed up and are super important and know everyone now apparently. I love see Kevin Spacey chew scenery as much as the next guy but this show has just turned to poo poo and the pacing is just awful. Like they have focused on this election bullshit for three seasons and has scandal after scandal hit the Underwoods. I thought that they were going to work towards establishing a dictatorship and consolidating power by starting some bullshit wars.

That's what I thought too after seeing the preview where they aired the "2016, 2020, 2024, 2028, 2032" scene. I thought that the election would have been resolved in like an episode or two to put the underwoods into power, and then the rest of the season would show them slowly taking over the country and declaring martial law.

But no, we got like half the season focused on the election, after which the opponent just disappeared, and then the second half with Tom bullshit.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Michael Corleone posted:

How would 2032 happen without overriding term limits? Oh, I think Frank actually talked about that. He could do 16 and 20, Claire 24 and 28, but then what? Not like we'll ever find out, but with him resigning like right after he got elected could he STILL serve 2 more full terms?

That's the point. It's not possible under the current laws, but when he said 2032 it was suppose to be an "oh poo poo, he/they want to be king" moment. This doesn't work so well if he resigns.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

gmq posted:

The Gear VR placement this season was particularly bad. "It's like you're there!"

As someone not invested in VR or know anything about it other than the name "oculus" I didn't think it was overt at all. The VR headset/scene just looked like the same VR headset in every other picture I've seen and the only reason I know it's a specific one is just cause you mentioned it in your post.

If anything I would have just assumed it was an oculus, in the same sense that "Kleenex" is just a generic name for tissue nowadays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

tminz posted:

Lots of hate but everyone binge-watched in less than a week. The show jumped the shark awhile ago but goddamn if the end of this season wasn't fun. Acting like the Durant thing was so out of character is ridiculous, Frank literally murdered Zoe Barnes in public in season 2.

Do you not see a difference between pushing Zoe into an oncoming train and pushing Cathy down 4 steps?

• Locked thread