Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012

drunken officeparty posted:

I just got to the beginning of episode 12. What was that, like 3 feet? I'd rather they just go full fiction and call in Jason Bourne

Also this whole season I have no idea who the important older blonde lady is. I just go with it but I seriously don't know what her official job is and how she just appeared out of nowhere and is now a major player.

Her and that campaign manager dude just showed up and are super important and know everyone now apparently. I love see Kevin Spacey chew scenery as much as the next guy but this show has just turned to poo poo and the pacing is just awful. Like they have focused on this election bullshit for three seasons and has scandal after scandal hit the Underwoods. I thought that they were going to work towards establishing a dictatorship and consolidating power by starting some bullshit wars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012

Michael Corleone posted:

How would 2032 happen without overriding term limits? Oh, I think Frank actually talked about that. He could do 16 and 20, Claire 24 and 28, but then what? Not like we'll ever find out, but with him resigning like right after he got elected could he STILL serve 2 more full terms?

Probably get rid of the Twenty-second Amendment and do a FDR. I thought they would do that by creating chaos and argue for a strong leader but I have no idea what the gently caress is going on in this show any more. I don't understand at all either why anyone would want Claire as President either and how the democratic party isn't completely dead after having two presidents resigning in a row. The more I think about this show the stupider it gets, honestly the only show that I can think of that has become a caricature of itself in the same way is probably Dexter.

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012

Jeoh posted:

They're going to pull a Putin / Medvedev. Except it's FUnderwood / CUnderwood.

The 22nd ammendment still has to go for that to happen, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twenty-second_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution . In both of them can just be elected one more time so they can only do 2020 and 2024. While if Frank had stayed in power they could have done 2020,2024, and 2028. Which means to get 2032 and 2036 they would have to change the constitution, which I thought this season would be about after seeing the trailer for it.

• Locked thread