Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Jerusalem posted:

Also how terrifying Claire joining Frank in looking directly at the audience at the end of season 4 was :ohdear:

That is probably one of my favourite moments in TV-history. Last season was a bit uneven for me but it ended on the loving top of Everest of quality land.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Slashrat posted:

E2: Goddamn, Donald Blythe savaged Cathy. He's going out quietly, but not taking poo poo over it from anyone who were even deeper into the mess than him.

Yeah, he's had an interesting character arc. He was played, but he knows it, and I guess the business with his wife really made him cynical.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Conway's wife has a really annoyingly British accent. Good acting, but cringy voice.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

clown shoes posted:

She had that accent last season, too.

I know. Hated it then as well.

There's no reason for her to be British, I think she could pull off an American one.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

I see the goon-esque attitude of "everything sucks" don't spare the Underwoods.

Seen 5 episodes so far. I thought the first 4 were really solid, while the 5th was real sloppy, as if the writers themselves didn't fully understand the legislature they were writing about.

Look forward to see the rest.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Le Saboteur posted:

The NSA really needs to work on their security protocols. Dude broke in by standing outside a door and waiting for someone to leave.

That was dumb, yeah.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

loving on the press room podium has to be a reference to the weekly Spicer fuckups, right?

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Slashrat posted:

Remy Danton and Jackie Sharp decided to no longer give a gently caress about their careers and/or the blackmail Frank had on them, and instead just cut ties with Washington and ran off together.

Good for them, honestly. Two likeable characters that don't end up killed by Doug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I'm only on S5E4, but holy jesus christ, this is the best show :munch:

It takes a bit of a dip at E5 but yeah, first for episodes are really solid.

Rest I've seen isn't bad either but it feels less exciting, somehow.

• Locked thread