Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King of Foolians
Mar 16, 2006
Long live the King!
One thing I think is also missing in the American version that the BBC did well was seeing how murdering Mattie (the BBC's Zoe-Charcter) messed with Francis mentally. Frank has pretty much zero remorse or guilt for her death and at this point adding it in would feel like it's shoehorned in. I thought they were going to start going in that direction when Frank was in the hospital after getting shot but nope.
My worry is that this show will keep going on season after season far past when it should end (it's pretty much there already). The whole point of House of Cards is that the ruthless drive for power is unsustainable and eventually it all comes crashing down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Foolians
Mar 16, 2006
Long live the King!
This show goes really off-course anytime it focuses on Frank or Claire having lovers on the side.
Except for the Secret Service guy. I liked him.

King of Foolians
Mar 16, 2006
Long live the King!

This is amazing but it super bothers me that he is wearing a watch in in the bath.

King of Foolians
Mar 16, 2006
Long live the King!
What was up with the scene with Tom in socks? Was it supposed to demonstrate that he had become to comfortable and casual in the White House and had to go? It was such a bizarre character moment.

King of Foolians
Mar 16, 2006
Long live the King!

Delivery McGee posted:

Also Claire kinda telegraphed the breaking of the fourth wall, she turned and smiled at the camera when Frank launched off on a monologue at a few points before she spoke to us.

She actually telegraphed it at the last scene in Season 4 when Frank breaks the fourth wall and she looks at him before they both look right at the camera and then the season ends.

• Locked thread