Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«3 »
  • Locked thread
Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage



Evening in beautiful downtown Halcyon City!

The street in front of the Halcyon City Museum is bustling with a large crowd as spotlights cut through the air and faint music emanates from within. A large banner above the entrance to the museum proclaims "HALCYON CITY MUSEUM welcomes WEAPONS OF MYTH AND LEGEND" and it seems that all the notables of Halcyon City are in attendance. You, however, are not. Not on the inside, anyways. While the heroes of the Justice Alliance wine and dine with celebrities and the incredibly rich alike, you four pulled guard duty.

Such is the glamorous life of the Guard Girls! In a way, though, it does speak to their confidence in you. You've been getting some good buzz on the news for your work at the convention center. That said, it is cold outside and the food in there smells super good. Maybe they won't notice if you sneak in for a bit? Or—

A loud crash in the street interrupts your thoughts. So much for a quiet evening! Through the masses of people scattering every which way, you barely make out the figure of...


THE BLOODCRAZED BERSERKER, DEMONFIST

A sweep of his namesake arm sends hapless civilians flying through the air, where they crash into an incredibly convenient series of couches, mattresses, and assorted other soft objects waiting for disposal at the charity shop across the street. You... have a feeling that might not happen again next time. He chops a car in half for good measure, then stands there roaring for a moment. You gotta finish this guy fast or your newfound media stardom will be done for! What do you-

Before you can even finish that thought, you hear the crash of glass and see a lithe shadow slipping into one of the windows on the museum's upper level. It could only be...


THE SILENT ASSASSIN, SHI-NO-BI

Uh oh. You can't ignore Demonfist, but Shi-No-Bi has to be going for the artifacts in the exhibit! Well, maybe you could leave that to the heroes inside, but that would probably look really bad to the rest of the Alliance.

...speaking of, it seems like things got really quiet inside. What could be going on in there?

Romhack: Man, these chumps have you working guard duty? Well, I guess it does make sense with the team name and all, but... Anyways, how are the fans reacting to the new team? Any particularly juicy rumors about your fellow teammates? What's your online presence like, anyways? And, uh, what games did you study up on? I know you have that big tournament coming up...

What do you do?

The Armor Witch: Congrats, dude! You're the leader! Everyone had complete confidence in your ability to lead them to victory or, perhaps, just didn't want to deal with it. What do you think the best way to herd this particular group of cats is going to be? Did you get any advice on leading a team from your family? Actually, who all from your legacy is attending the event inside?

What do you do?

DARKKLAW: Man, this is the pits. The party's inside, whether or not you even want to be chilling with that crowd, and you're stuck out in the cold running sweeps on the surrounding streets. How have the guests been treating you? Is your possibly-temporary celebrity enough to offset the mutant prejudice? ...did you sneak off half-way through the evening to do something naughty? You can tell me, I promise I won't be mad.

What do you do?

Ashe: Wow! You're part of a team! How's that been so far? I notice you found yourself working the door and checking invitations. Meet anyone interesting? Do you think that this might be a good time to really break out all the stops and impress DARKKLAW? What did you get in your latest care package from home and why do you think it'll be just the thing you need tonight?

What do you do?

Enter Battle posted:

When you enter battle against a dangerous foe as a team, add two team to the pool.
● If the leader has Influence over every teammate, add another team. (No)
● If everyone has the same purpose in the fight, add another team. (No)
● If any team member mistrusts the leader or the team, remove a team. (No)
● If your team is ill-prepared or off-balance, remove a team. (Yes)

Final Total: 1 team!

OOC Thread
Influence Sheet

Tricky fucked around with this message at May 2, 2017 around 21:43

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: +2 | Danger: -1 | Saviour: +1 | Superior: +2 | Mundane: -1
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: Out in the cold you jerks

Romhack stares off into the distance with a distinct look of boredom on her face. Sure, things were going very well indeed! Not only were her fans absolutely thrilled to see her on a team - after all, hero teamups were always a fan favorite. But, holy poo poo, the fans went crazy with shipping. RomhackXAshe, RomhackXDarkKlaw (AS IF), RomhackXRomhack (???) were some of the most upvoted pairings for herself, but it wasn't like the fans were going to leave the teammates alone, either. AsheXDarkklaw, AsheXArmor, AsheXJusticeclaw (???), AsheXTamrick (??????????), and so on and so on.

All in all, the semi-official website for the team she just launched already is going crazy high in visits. Server already crashed thrice today! Good times.

And on her civilian side, the team got confirmed for the Halcyon Invitational for Overwatch. So, naturally, she was hype as hell about that. After all, while the Fight Girls aren't solely playing Overwatch, it's their main one. As such, Buttonmasher has been playing a metric fuckton of her mains - Tracer, Genji, Sombra, and so on. Somewhat overlooked characters, she's infamous for being incredibly skilled with them, always catching people off-balance and often winning teamfights before they even started by taking out key targets.

Or, as detractor would call it, being literally the most irritating person on earth. Romhack couldn't help but smirk as she reminsced about that comment. They surely intended it as an insult, but for her, it was a mark of pride.

But then, the sudden crash dragged her right ouf her memories. A villain? No, two villains, it seemed. Perhaps things aren't going to be as boring as she thought.

However, if there's something you need as a progamer, it's situational awareness. Indeed, it is what allows Buttonmasher to be as effective as she is. And seeing Shinobi sneak in while this brute smashes things up is far, far too obvious of a giveaway.

First, she opens up her communicator and informs the Justice Alliance. "Romhack here. We got a situation at the Halcyon City Museum. Villains Demon Fist and Shi-No-Bi sighted. Something is going on inside the building as well, so it's possible that there are more villains present." Romhack informs Central.

Following that, she opens a channel to her teammates. "I'm fairly drat sure Demon Fist is just a distraction. The placement is just too perfect for him not to be - he's out here, making noise, while Shinobi sneaks in. But it's too quiet inside - and Shi-No-Bi just entered. There might be a third villain persent, so watch out for a double fake-out." she advises the team.

Following that, she focuses on Tracer in her mind and with a visual effect that looks like a graphical glitch fixing itself, Romhack's form shifted into Tracers.


quote:

Romhack (Yami) - Today at 2:59 AM
Rockhack assesses the situation!

/r 2d6+2
SidekickBOT - Today at 2:59 AM
@Romhack (Yami): 2d6+2 = (4+2)+2 = 8
Romhack (Yami) - Today at 3:00 AM
Okay, my question will be "What here is in the greatest danger?" since I have a feeling Demonfist is just a distraction


quote:

The Star
Name: Madison Gremlin
Look: (Varies, shapeshifter)
Woman, White, Designer Clothing, Ridiculous Costume)
Hero Name: Romhack


Abilities:

Digital Mimicry - Some sorta fancy name for what my power does - basically, the more I get "into" playing a character, the better I am at turning into them. Anyway, this is the part where it gets good. Once I played a video game character for a bit, I can assume their form!

Complete with most of the stuff they're able to do in the games, too. Half of which are basically superpowers anyway. Even works with real-life heroes turned into video game characters! However, the copy is only about 70% as powerful as the original. I guess my power decided to play fair, heh.

And no, I have no clue how any of this stuff works. I kinda gave up on trying to make sense of any of it long before the paid supernerds did. Lot of it shouldn't be possible, like scifi guns and whatever.


Labels:
Freak +2
Danger -1
Savior +1
Superior +2
Mundane -1

Moves:

Been reading the files:
You’ve learned about the superhuman world through your mentor’s resources. When you first encounter an important superpowered phenomenon (your call), roll +Superior. On a hit, tell the team one important detail you’ve learned from your studies. The GM will tell you what, if anything, seems different from what you remember. On a 10+, ask the GM a follow-up question; they will answer it honestly. On a miss, the situation is well outside your base of knowledge; the GM will tell you why.

Time for the show: When you put on a flamboyant display of your powers,
roll +Superior. On a 10+, hold 3. On a 7-9, hold 1. Spend your hold 1-for-1 to name an NPC
present and choose one:
● This person must meet me
● This person loves me
● This person volunteers help or information
● This person admires my team
● This person must have my help

Stage-fighting: When you directly engage a threat with an audience watching, mark a condition to roll +Superior instead of Danger.


You are a celebrity in the city—although being a celebrity doesn’t always mean you’re liked. By default, your audience is a limited group of interested fans, and you speak to them through after-action interviews and infrequent press conferences.

Why does your audience love you?
You’re just like them, You're stunning, unique, and beautiful, You're a firebrand, a rabblerouser

Choose two advantages:
You have a dedicated internet following, you have a solid sideline doing commercials

Choose two demands your audience makes on you:
They require constant stimulation, they require novelty and brand new action.

.
When you seek help from your audience, roll+Superior. On a hit, someone in your audience can hook you up. On a 10+, they'll only make a small demand. On a 7-9, their demands are a lot higher. On a miss, you've made a mistake, and your audience won't help you until you've
redeemed yourself in their eyes.


Moment of Truth:
Sometimes it can be hard to tell where the show stops and where you begin—but not today. Not now. Because right now, there is no show. Right now, you are the thing you pretend to be—bold and bright and beautiful and amazing and powerful and confident. Right now, you draw strength from your audience, comfort from their belief in you, and you can do anything they think you can. Of course, after such an impassioned performance, your audience is just going to have even more demands...


Team Moves:
When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, say whether it's part of the show or not.
If it is, then you can shift your Labels as you choose. If it is not, then they shift your Labels, and you can clear a condition or mark potential.

When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, ask them if they will tell anyone the truth about you. If they agree to keep it a secret, clear a condition or mark potential. If they don't agree, then they shift your Labels according to how they see you now.


When our team first came together...
We, as a team, attracted media attention within the city, thanks to our efforts. Who are
they? Why do they support us?


Relationships:

quote:

Ashe might wind up being more of a star than me some day.

Ya kidding me? Legend of Legallia is super popular. And she's apparently the real deal or something? gently caress if I know, makes just about as much sense as I do! But, you know, she might make it big. Might.


quote:

The Armor Witch would be a great sidekick.

Well, great is maybe a bit of an overstatement. They'd be an useful sidekick. Their legacy is really well known, and by association, I would be well know. Shame about them living in the technological stone age, though...


Influence:
If you see the team as a means to an end, give no one Influence.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Jun 9, 2017 around 20:17

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage



Romhack: Central responds, "Confirmed, Romhack. We'll let the other heroes on-site know. Expect reinforcements shortly."

Your instincts are screaming that there's something deeper going on, but any way you cut it the civilians are in the greatest danger here. The artifacts can be recovered if stolen and there's no way that the ballroom is in half as much trouble with all those heroes in there.

Romhack takes +1 forward to saving the civilians until the Demonfist situation is resolved or the situation otherwise changes!

Scrree
Jan 15, 2008

the history of all dead generations,


Freak: +0 | Danger: -1 | Saviour: +2 | Superior: +0 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Afriad! | Location: HALCYON CITY MUSEUM

The air was chill, but Morgan's handcrafted sweater and gloves kept him warm. He sat stoically near the Museum's Entrance, face alert and eyes warily watching the crowd. Well, that's what he hoped he looked like. In truth, his mind was completely consumed in reflection of the past few days. Subconsciously, he reached for the knitting supplies in his bag, and began to move his needles in an incredibly well-practiced motion. The rhythm of knitting helped him relax; although, it wasn't the most intimidating activity for a guard...

knit knit

He had been voted -- unanimously -- team leader!? It had been quite the surprise to Morgan. He felt certain that, despite his years of training as a witch, he had the least experience in actual Heroics out of everyone in the team. Yes, in retrospect it made sense; the Delagrotte family name is renowned, and honestly, the other Guard Girls seemed not too interested in the bother of leadership... Ah! And that name! It had been the first thing Ashe and Romhack had agreed upon after hours of argument. Morgan supported it without really hearing the words, he'd been desperate. Ending his first day as Team Leader without even being able to get the team to agree to a name would've been a very bad omen. Oh, how his family had laughed when he'd reported the name of the newly-christened team.

knit knit knit

Morgan shook his head, trying to throw off the embarrassing memory. He wasn't being fair to his family; they had all been very supportive of him. There were enough letters of congratulations piled in his room to start a small bonfire, and even Great Granny showed a small smile when he told her he'd been placed in a real team as a real hero. The first she'd shown him since that stunt he’d pulled with Darkklaw. Seeing that had felt nice. Yet, a small flicker of doubt still played within his heart -- what had he really done to deserve congratulations? There was no way, with his last name, that he would be rejected by the Justice Alliance. Until he himself felt like a hero, Morgan could not accept the Delagrotte’s earnest praise into his heart.

Their advice, however, was a different matter. Adele had spoken to him just the day before. She didn’t bother to congratulate him, “Now the hard part starts. Trying to lead a team of heroes is like trying to lead,” She paused. She knew Sabbat was an incredibly compliant cat, “a murder of crows. Everyone wants to fly off to the first shiny thing they see. My advice? Don’t even bother trying to command people; just make a plan good enough that people naturally want to follow it.” Then she’d ruffled his hair, wished him luck, and flew off on her broomstick. Adele was always reliable. How Morgan wished she was here now.

knit knit clink clink

Morgan’s motions became sloppy; needles running into each other. She was supposed to be here now, but hero business had called her away at the last moment. Her understudy, Serah, had taken her place inside the museum. Which was fine. He wasn’t envious. Really, he wasn’t! It’s just, for him to be outside on guard duty, and for her – who barely respected tradition! – to be on the inside representing the family… It just…

If there was a rivalry between them, it was undeclared. But only one Witch could succeed Gertrude as head of the family, and that was almost certainly Adele. Then, only one Witch could succeed Adele, and there were two standouts in the current generation…

These dark thoughts were banished by the arrival of Demonfist and, in the shadows above, Shi-no-bi.

Armor Witch looked at the roaring berserker, then up at the fleeing ninja, then back down again. As Team Leader, he had to make a decision. His mouth opened, but before he could speak, Romhack’s voice filled his ears. She knew magic? Wait, no, it was the communicators. He wasn’t great with them, or any technology, but he pressed the button that he was pretty sure opened a line to his teammates.

“Romhack is right, but,” Armor Witch had a premonition that he’d say those words a lot, “Even if he’s just a distraction, Demonfist can’t be ignored. We need to split our forces. Romhack and I will stay out here and keep the civilians safe. Ashe! Darkklaw!” Actually, where was Darkklaw? He couldn’t see her around. Well, as long as she had her communicator on things would work out, “You two will chase after Shi-no-bi, and, er, make sure she doesn’t get away. And find out what’s happening inside!”

He flinched at the weakness of his words. Stopping Demonfist was a simple job, but how were the other two supposed to track a master of stealth like Shi-no-bi? Adele’s words came to his mind, if you want others to follow the plan, you have to make the plan good.

Armor Witch ran, not towards Demonfist, but towards Ashe. In his hand was a half-finished scarf. There was something he could do. Stopping just a few feet in front of his teammate, he suddenly halted and spun towards the broken window at the top of the museum. Armor Witch took a deep breath, clutched the scarf hard to his chest, and cast --

“Unweave.”

quote:

The Armor Witch (Scrree) - Today at 9:13 AM
/r 2d6 #Armor Witch Unleashes His Witchcraft!
SidekickBOT - Today at 9:13 AM
@The Armor Witch (Scrree): 2d6 Armor Witch Unleashes His Witchcraft! = (4+5) = 9

The word had a strange weight. It’s sounds echoing beyond it’s volume, and for a brief second, all light dimmed around Armor Witch. He felt his stomach drop as the spell washed over him. It was always risky to manipulate fate, even when it was something as pedestrian as ’these two shall meet again’. Not anything grand like a tragic love or a grand death – Armor Witch cursed himself as those thoughts entered his head. The magic responded to his musings, morphed out of control, and –

He clamped down on his fear. He tore the scarf in his hands into raw fabric, and finished the spell, “Weave.”

Marking Afraid to make my Unleash stable and long-lasting!

If he was going to stumble today, it wouldn’t be on the first step! With the spell complete, the scarf was gone. The witch now held in his hands a red wool ball. A taut string led from the ball, up into the broken window of the museum, and ultimately ended in a neat bow around the right pinky of Shi-No-Bi.


basically this!

Armor Witch let out a shuddering breath, turned towards Ashe, “I’ve laid a curse upon the thief. The string cannot be broken. Follow it to her.” He tossed the wool ball too her, and without waiting for a reply began to sprint towards Demonfist.

Scrree fucked around with this message at May 2, 2017 around 17:37

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Freak: +0 | Danger: +1 | Saviour: -1 | Superior: +2 | Mundane: +1
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: The Museum of National Jerks

Ya better believe I ditched the place as soon as I could.

I got into this whole hero biz ta help th' people who need it, and ta look cool doin' it. I don't ever remember signin' up ta protect a buncha greedy, rich assholes who don't even give a crap about people like me. Oh, sure, now they all want ta talk to me, an' tell me how much of a "brave hero" I am now that I'm sorta well-known, but when I was a starving, homeless, mutant kid? They'd treat me like I was worse than dirt.

Eff 'em. I ain't wastin' my time on a buncha two-faced bastards. People like Brooke were bad, but at least they were honest about who they are.

So I decided ta head out fer a walk instead. Got ta chill out with a few non-powered teens an' even joined 'em in th' illegal act of underage drinking, made a quick stop at the local McDonalds to grab myself a burg, an' I even managed ta stop a few muggings here and there. I don't give a poo poo if I get inta trouble fer ditchin' guard duty. I ain't gonna-

*CRASH*

Whoa! What the crap was that!? Oh poo poo, we got a villain! Wait, we got TWO villains! An' one of 'em is bein' all sneaky like. I shoooouuuuuuuuulllllllllddddddddd prolly do somethin' about Mr. Badass over there, but I'm way more curious about what Ms. Ninjaz is doin' up there. Besides, I'm sure th' others'll handle the whatshisface over there.

I toss away my soda into the nearest recycling bin (What? Did ya think I wuz gonna litter? I'm not THAT big of a jerk!), and poof away in a cloud of purple smoke, and re-appear right behind Ms. Ninjaz. I lean in, looking over her shoulder, and place my claw hand on her shoulder. "Heya. Watcha sneakin' around here for?"

Ms. Ninjaz reacts to my sudden appearance with a roundhouse kick, but I poof away from her attack, and appear behind her again. "Whoa whoa whoa!" I raise my hands up, and give her a mock look of surprise, "Gettin' a little too aggressive there, dontcha think?" Another attack, another poof dodge. "Aw, come on! I just wanted ta talk!" Poof! "I guess yer like the strong, silent type, huh? I can respect that."And poof again!

It might not look like I'm doin' much aside from annoyin' the crap outta her, but everytime I dodge one of her attacks, I've been touching her with my claw hand, and slowly absorbing whatever powers or skills she's got. Plus, it's fun ta mess around with her like this!

quote:

@DARKKLAW (Hugzilla): 2d6+2 DARKKLAW is distracting the heck outta SH-NO-BI = (6+1)+2 = 9

Using "Team? What Team?" to make that into a 10, and marking potential. From my options, I'm choosing;
- you get an opportunity
- you expose a weakness or flaw
- you confuse them for some time

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Freak: +1 | Danger: +0 | Saviour: +0 | Superior: +2 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: | Location: HALCYON CITY MUSEUM

I'm used to being part of a team. But nothing like this.This is a whole new kinda crazy. I mean... 4 3 girls, and one guy. Not one lord or noble amongst them! That alone is mad enough. But they're all my age... Which I really don't get. Okay, sure, I'm a hero. But the people I served with, some of them were trained soldiers, spies, spell casters with decades of experience. We...

We are definitely not that.

I mean, we do have a spell caster. Armour Witch. But they're not even into their second decade yet! (Okay, sure maybe magic works differently here. But still...) At least he seemed to be handling the responsibility of leading them reasonably well. If anything she was actually enjoying the guard duty. There were so many people to meet. None of them saw the slave girl. They all saw the hero. That felt pretty good. And by god was she getting a lot of attention at the door. As much as Ashe would like to try and impress Darkklaw, she was so swarmed by suitors and press that there just wasn't any time for it.

She was already carrying no less then thirty different phone numbers, given by both men and women. Some were for business purposes. The press really wanted to interview her about the show. The others? Teens just like her, who'd taken one look and their jaws had hit the floor. To be fair, the body suit she was was rather tight, and she'd been blessed with natural beauty from a young age. It was just... overwhelming to get that kind of attention. She was flattered. It would be hard not to be. But it put Ashe on edge. She was terrified of making a slip up.

Then the Chaos kicked off. She watched the civs fly through the air. Landing safely. God... you couldn't have pulled that of as a fluke if you tried... That was fishy. Then the ninja snuck inside. Two of them! What the hell! She heard the chatter over the com, half listening. Summoning her weapon wheel. A literal circle of guns materialised around her hands, cycling through until she found her stun pistols. Pretty underused recently. But their electric charge bolts should at least stop any kill shots if someone gets in the way.

Armour Witch ran over, and after casting a spell (which honestly, made Ashe feel a hell of a lot more confident. There was something familiar about magic that always relaxed her.) Handed her a big ball of yarn. She opened her mouth to reply, but Armour Witch was already heading into battle.

"...right you are." She took to the air. Follow the ball of yarn. Stun pistol in hard. Ready to take aim and fire.

"Darkklaw. Come in! Where are you?" Ashe muttered into her headset. She could call the Sparrow. But it was too early to play her trump card.

Then she spotted her teammate playing tag with... some kinda rouge...? With her teleportation around like that, there was no way that she'd be able to take a clean snapshot. So she'd have to time this justttt right. Ashe glanced around the room, trying to work out what was going on.


- - -

@Ashe (Arashi): 2d6+2 Ashe assessing the situation inside the building! = (1+1)+2 = 4

+1 Potential

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at May 2, 2017 around 22:19

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage



DARKKLAW: Your strategy seems to be paying dividends! Her movements are slowing from "inhumanly fast" to merely "really fast" and you've got her too busy attempting to counter your attacks to even think about going for the exhibit. Your skirmish takes you through the better part of the upstairs and you can see the stairs leading down to the main floor of the museum where the party is. It's, uh, kind of weirdly quiet, right? You'd think those rich snobs would be chatting up a storm. Fortuitously, you get the opportunity to finish tangling her up in that weird red string tied to her pinky and kick her down the stairs. Normally she'd be out of that in seconds, but she's clearly struggling with her decreased coordination. You're pretty sure that she's not going to get out of there any time soon... if you keep pestering her.

Your eyes sweep across the party and— Oh god, not her. You see sleeping bodies slumped together in piles, some almost buried in icing, massive desserts spotting the dance floor, and a few particularly rich guests being marched out towards the emergency exits in the back by literal gingerbread men. You know that this can only be the work of one villain...


THE CALAMITOUS CATERER, PÂTISSIER

And... yep. Looks like she got the drop on the heroes inside. Spiked the punch or somesuch, you imagine. This probably wasn't your fault, but... Well, you probably don't want to let the fact that you were goofing off instead of watching for villains make the rounds in the Justice Alliance.

A saccharine sweet voice rings out across the ballroom, "Oh my~! Another guest for the party? I'll have you eat your fill~"

Uh oh. She's definitely talking to you, but it's tough to spot her with all those desserts in the way. You could have sworn you heard a muffled thud somewhere behind you, but can you take your eyes off of Shi-No-Bi? Or, for that matter, afford to get distracted when Pâtissier is still on the loose?

What do you do?

Ashe: As you follow DARKKLAW and Shi-No-Bi out towards the main hall, you're temporarily dazzled by the transition from the dark halls above to the shining lights of the party. You're just starting to process the situation when a giant glob of icing knocks you out of the air and nails you to the wall. Oh no! Pâtissier slinks out of the shadows and runs a finger along your cheek, "Fashionably late, I see~! Don't worry, there's more than enough for everyone~"

You feel a brief burning sensation and smell of burnt sugar as she does something to your arms and— Oh no. The slave mark of weakness heats up and you can feel the strength start to slip out of your limbs. You just need to focus and— This feels right, doesn't it? This is all a slave like you deserves.

Honor your master, slave.


Everyone: Central's voice crackles across your comms, "We've had no luck raising any of the heroes on site. We're routing additional heroes to the museum, but the closest are are at least five minutes away. You'll need to hold them off until then."

Outside: Demonfist roars and swipes a car before charging towards the entrance of the museum. It flips and tumbles end over end... towards a group of hapless civilians! You don't have any time to lose!

Romhack: It's time to show your moves! DARKKLAW is god-knows-where, but at least Ashe is taking care of Shi-No-Bi. What do you think is going to play better for your fans? Putting the hurt on Demonfist? Saving the civilians? What do you make of that message from Central?

What do you do?

The Armor Witch: Finally! An opportunity to show just how manly you are! ...or it would be, if you didn't have like a million butterflies in your stomach. It's so tempting just to cut and run... Or leave a big, scary villain like that for Romhack and help Ashe out with Shi-No-Bi. What do you make of that message from Central?

What do you do?

Tricky fucked around with this message at May 2, 2017 around 23:24

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: +2 | Danger: -1 | Saviour: +1 | Superior: +2 | Mundane: -1
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: Under a Car probably

There were a lot of things that she wanted to think about right now, such as the message from central, or what could be best, but right now... She kind of had to act, not think. With Tracer's absurd mobility, Romhack dives in front of of the flipping car, hoping to stop it by turning into a more bulky hero like Reinhardt.

Gracefully vaulting over the car, she swaps to Reinhardt, and holds up the car about to hit a group of civilians!

"Don't worry, friends! I am your shield." she quips. The fans are gonna love that stunt, for sure!


quote:

Romhack (Yami) - Today at 4:52 PM
/r 2d6+1 #Romhack HOPEFULLY gracefully saves some civvies(edited)
bleh
/r 2d6+1 #Romhack hopefully gracefully save some civvies
SidekickBOT - Today at 4:53 PM
@Romhack (Yami): 2d6+1 Romhack hopefully gracefully save some civvies = (3+2)+1 = 6 7, because of the assess roll
Adding a team to the pool.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Freak: +0 | Danger: +0 | Saviour: +0 | Superior: +3 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: | Location: Cake'd to the wall inside museum

"Oof!" Ashe felt the air rush out of her lungs as the dough hit her hard enough to blast her off her feet. The wall she hit provided little comfort. She cried out as she impacted. Dust and debris scattering from the blow. Stars swum in front of her eyes, and she blinked quickly to clear them. Just in time to lock eyes with the girl responsible. She tried to shy away as PÂTISSIER ran her finger down Ashe's cheek. Ashe knew what would happen next. No matter how many times she experienced it, it still filled her with dread. Even as the dough swelled to pin her tightly against the wall. Even as the baker wrapped lattice pastry around her wrists.

She could feel the burn building.

The mark flailed to life. Ashe, let out a strangled cry of pain. Her bread prison burning as it came close to the curse's brand. She struggled desparately to try and free her hands. Free herself. Do anything before...

There it was. Step two of the Slave Marks suppression. Mental commands. She could give in now. She was a slave wasn't she? Just a piece of meat, a toy for her Master's amusement. She was nothing. She was less then nothing.

She was pissed. Inside the confines of her mind, Ashe screamed in raw anger.

She was terrified as well, unquestionably. But Ashe had found that her fury was a powerful tool against the Curse. Shear bloody minded willpower. So she focused. Biting her lip against the burning pain.

- - -

SidekickBOT - Today at 6:25 PM
@Ashe (Arashi): 2d6 Ashe attempting to resist influence from the Slave Mark and break free from the bonds = (6+5) = 11

Ashe (Arashi) - Today at 6:25 PM
OHTHANKGOD

- Clear a condition or mark potential by immediately acting to prove them wrong (+1 Potential)
- Shift one Label up and one Label down, your choice (-Freak + Superior)

- - -

Ashe screamed in pain and terror and fury. Heaving with all of her diminishing might. The mark flared harder in response. The pain made her angrier. And she forced that anger into shaking limbs. She wasn't sure what gave. The wall, or her bonds. But something broke. She fell onto the floor, the hardened dough shattering on impact. Freed from the constricting goo! The burning from between her shoulder blades faded. She blinked away the tears that had formed. Standing up slowly, purposefully, wrathfully. She pulled out a thin card like shape. She had done it. She'd bested the mark. The curse that left her little more then a freak. But she couldn't take the slight against her dignity. To be... treated in such a manner. It demanded an answer.

"You know... I was going to consider stunning you. Leaving you unconscious. Short and painless... But you've just done something I find quite unforgivable..." Ashe said quietly. "So this isn't going to be quick." With a flick the card started to unfold over her form. Wrapping around her, forming mechanisms and shapes. The Sparrow followed it's pilots unspoken commands to the letter. Forming into it's dancer form. A shape quite suited to fighting in reasonably tight confines.

"This isn't going to be painless." The Sparrow bleeped to signal it was finished it's form shift.

- - -

@Ashe (Arashi): 2d6+3 Ashe Directly Engage the PÂTISSIER (Kirby Craft) = (2+1)+3 = 6

O.O
Team plz....?
- If successful, picking Avoiding Blows.
+1 Potential ether way

- - -

Ashe had acted in anger. She hadn't counted on the presence of the unconscious party goers. Meaning she had to watch her footwork even more!

Scrree
Jan 15, 2008

the history of all dead generations,


Freak: +0 | Danger: -1 | Saviour: +2 | Superior: +0 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Afriad! | Location: HALCYON CITY MUSEUM, posing dramatically!

Oh, thank god for Romhack! Armor Witch's heart had nearly burst out of his chest when he saw the car go flying, but then she'd taken care of it by transforming into... some big guy. He really didn't know games that well. But what he knew, right now, was that Romhack was a pro.

And despite that they were still in deep trouble. Five minutes before backup could arrive!? A lot could happen in five minutes. A lot of people could get hurt.

He shook his head. That wouldn't happen, he'd make sure that wouldn't happen. Right now, Demonfist was engaging in purely wild destruction -- endangering everyone equally, but if the Berserker's attention could just be drawn towards a single target...

Armor Witch walked calmly towards Demonfist. Every step caused a fresh wave of nausea to assail his body, but he pushed through it. His face was calm, his fists were clenched, and with a searing cord of fear crawling up his spine, he drew the Berserker's attention,

"Villain! By the power invested in me by the Justice Allliance, and," Armor Witch held out his right hand, and in his palm was a spark of the Devil's Fire. From that spark, flame rapidly enwreathed his entire body, "by the Law of the Coven, who ever tread upon the Devil's servants, I--!"

And at that name, at those words. A flash of recognition appeared in Demonfist's eyes.....

-----

Some time ago; a very old lady was looking after one of her great-granddaughters for the day. She decided to take her to the bank and open a savings account for her, as that's what responsible citizens do, and the girl was concerned her pigbank was almost too full.

And some time ago, a group of hotheaded villains decided the classics were classics for a reason, and set off to rob a bank. A man with a fist and mind as red as blood pounded furiously against the vault. It's hinges weakening with every blow.

When the old lady entered the bank, she guided her grandchild behind her, held out her palm, and began to say the words. And when the bloodied man heard the words he turned around, and in her palm he saw the spark. And then, behind the old lady, he saw a pair of wings appear. They were beautiful, made of light itself, angelic. They pulled back -- larger than the bank, so large they touched seemed to touch the sky -- and suddenly all the bloodied man could see was pure white.

Some time ago, half a bank was destroyed by a burst of angelic energy, Halcyon City was reminded why Gertrude was one of the greatest heroes of her era, and an angry young man was very lucky to be blown so far away as to avoid capture from the pursuing heroes

-----

Without knowing any of that, Armor Witch formed the Devil's Fire into his armor, and continued his order,

quote:

The Armor Witch (Scrree) - Today at 11:18 AM
/r 2d6+2 #Armor Witch Wants to be a Martyr!
SidekickBOT - Today at 11:18 AM
@The Armor Witch (Scrree): 2d6+2 Armor Witch Wants to be a Martyr! = (1+6)+2 = 9

"I, The Armor Witch, chosen leader of the Guard Girls -- do order you to cease now or face unyielding justice!"

Scrree fucked around with this message at May 3, 2017 around 18:21

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Freak: +0 | Danger: +1 | Saviour: -1 | Superior: +2 | Mundane: +1
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: The Museum of National Jerks

"Whoo! Yea! Go kick 'er butt, Ashe!"

That.is.so.BADASS! Her bike turned into like, power armor or some poo poo! I'd love ta get in on th' action, but that'd mean takin' my eyes off Ms. Ninjaz. Maybe there's a way I can help Ashe out from here? Let's see, what can I do... hmmmm...

I carefully scan the room, looking for anything I could use. My eyes stop at a really expensive looking stone bust that happens to be right next to me. Hmmm, I wonder. I bet somebody musta paid a lotta money for the thing. It'd be a real shame if something were to happen to it...

I grab the bust, and yell out, "Hey! Pastydouche! Heads up!" before I throw th' thing directly at 'er. Of course, I don't stop there. I run up to a nearby painting, an' toss that at 'er too! An' then another! An' then another! I toss whatever I could get my hands on. Artifacts, paintings, whatever! I might have "accidently" tipped over a few statues here an' there. It's all ta help Ashe, o' course! An' hey, ain't my fault if most of this crap happens ta break really easily!

Don't think this means I've taken my eyes off of SH-NO-BI, though. I've been lookin' back at 'er every now and then ta make sure she's still there. There's gotta be a way ta make sure she doesn't pull a dissapearing act on us while we're dealin' with Pastydouche.

quote:

@DARKKLAW (Hugzilla): 2d6+2 DARKKLAW is going to asses the situation with her CRIMINALZ MIND = (6+1)+2 = 9

Asking: -What here can I use to make sure SH-NO-BI doesn't escape?
- what here is useful or valuable to me?

Also using a Team to bump up Ashe's roll to a 7 via ART VANDALISM! And I get a +1 forward to my next roll thanks to "Team? What Team?"

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage



Team Outside

Romhack: With speed and strength borne of dedicated gaming, your armored transformation is easily able to halt the car before it can flatten the crowd behind you. For a moment you bask in self-satisfaction only to hear an annoying teenaged voice pipe up, "Reinhardt? Uh, lllllllaaaaaaaame! You should have just used Lucio's sound amps. At least we would have gotten a real show out of it!" Uh, what? What?? The rage that surely provoked draws your attention away for a brief, but all too vital, instant. Before you can identify the offending party, you hear a rapidly approaching roar of rage and indignation. Uh oh.

Demonfist sails through the air, bringing his namesake down in an incredibly potent overhand strike. It smashes through the the chassis of the car like it was little more than cardboard, sending you to your knees. You see that glitching effect is covering you once more... Uh oh. That's going to be a problem. You're too busy holding him and the car up to do much of anything. Is this the end?

quote:

SidekickBOT - Yesterday at 8:41 AM
@Romhack (Yami): 2d6 Romhack gets hit by a car = (2+5) = 7

Romhack (Yami) - Yesterday at 8:41 AM
goddamnit
this is also somehow darkklaws fault
okay, uh, enemy gets opportunity seems approriate
kinda busy holding up a car?

Demonfist roars triumphantly, "▂▂▂▂▂▂▃▃▃▃▃▃▄▄▄▄▄▄▅▅▅▅▅▅▄▄▄▄▄▄▃▃▃▃▃▃▂▂▂▂▂▂!!!" You can see that wicked looking sword swing down towards your head and—

The Armor Witch: Your words stop him in his tracks! His sword stops mere inches from the transformed Romhack and he hops off of the car as he stomps towards you. His face, normally hard to read, goes through a mix of emotions. Eventually, it settles on something resembling a level beyond his original rage. He contemptuously hurls his sword off to the side, where it smashes through a window and lands somewhere inside the museum. He's sprinting towards you pretty fast, though!

What do you do?

Romhack: With Demonfist no longer on top of the car, you're able to deposit the pieces to the side before your transformation fades. Uh, that's not good. You're going to need to spend some time debugging your mojo, which means you're not going to be much help unless... Is there anything plain old Romhack can do to help Armor Witch, even without powers?

Romhack's powers are out of whack this prompt!

What do you do?

Current Property Destruction — $57,492!

---

Team Inside

Ashe: Between your rage and overwhelming firepower, Pâtissier is forced to dip, duck, and dodge between an assortment of delicious — and rage-provoking, as you remember your now-shattered caramel bindings — desserts. You can't quite get a bead on her, as she uses the sleeping civilians to block your line of fire. As you speed after her you realize you've made a terrible mistake. She's actually managed to lure you into a position where gingerbread men loom above with eclairs held like rocket launchers!

You see a bit of creme leak from the end of one of them and it sizzles and crackles as it hits the floor! That's... that's basically acid! Forget the Sparrow, there might not even be anything left of you if you get plastered in something like that!

Pâtissier's hand raises and she begins to say, "Fi—"

Before she can finish, though, a rain of precious and completely irreplaceable artwork knocks her silly! That was close! You look up and see DARKKLAW doing her best to bury the baker under anything she can get her hands on. Wow! She saved you! What do you think of that, lady~

Pâtissier marks Afraid!

When you look back down, Pâtissier is gone! All that's left in the pile of art is an elaborate layer cake! ...and it's ticking? Uh oh.

What do you do?

DARKKLAW: Your plan worked! Better hope that the Justice Alliance and the museum's curators don't realize it was you, though... you're pretty sure you'd be in debt until the end of time. Anyways, you've been doing a good job keeping an eye on Shi-No-Bi. She's close to working her way free, but you should have a little time to... of course! You look up and see the massive chandelier hanging above the room. If you hog-tied her and secured her to the chandelier... Well, that'd buy you quite a bit of time. Not even a ninja can escape a situation like that easily!

A crash draws your attention as a large, red sword flies in through the window. It spins and arcs through the air before eventually impaling a wall by the stairs. Huh. What's going on outside...?

What do you do?

Current Property Destruction — $15,915,723!

Scrree
Jan 15, 2008

the history of all dead generations,


Freak: +0 | Danger: -1 | Saviour: +2 | Superior: +0 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Afriad! | Location: HALCYON CITY MUSEUM, Losing Dramatically!

Alright, it worked! The brute's attention was on him, now all Armor Witch needed to do was keep him busy until backup could arrive.

But wow, that sword went really far. And that roar was really loud. Just how strong is Demonfist, anyways? If he's strong enough to throw a car, is he strong enough to shatter bone, even through armor? Armor Witch flinched at the thought; he was very grateful no one could see his face at the moment. He struggled to take in a big gulp of air and recollect himself. He looked at his palm, still outstretched from his speech, and instinctively closed it into a mailed fist.

Yes, he didn't need to win, he just needed to fight. And he could fight. His armor was strong, his spirit was strong, his family's magic was strong! A confidence of iron and blood filled Armor Witch's heart. He took a step forward, intending to start a counter-charge against Demonfist, and --

quote:

The Armor Witch (Scrree) - Today at 7:44 PM
Armor Witch Emulates That Song From Mulan But Messes Up And it's Only The First Half Where She Gets Her rear end Kicked!
/r 2d6-2
SidekickBOT - Today at 7:44 PM
@The Armor Witch (Scrree): 2d6-2 = (4+1)-2 = 3
Romhack (Yami) - Today at 7:44 PM
rip

-- and he learned that the world doesn't stop moving while you give yourself pep talks. Demonfist was right in front of him! It was all happening too fast; there was no time to do anything... expect let out a high-pitched scream of panic.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: +2 | Danger: -1 | Saviour: +1 | Superior: +2 | Mundane: -1
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: Under a Car probably


Right now, Romhack was glad she wears a mask even under her transformation. She always thought it unnecessary, but in the end, paranoia won out.

Of course, that doesn't mean she's in a lot of trouble. She'd have to figure out how to --

quote:

Reinhardt? Uh, lllllllaaaaaaaame! You should have just used Lucio's sound amps. At least we would have gotten a real show out of it!"

Lucio?! What a loving casual --

"What kind of loving casual are you? What would Lucio even do here? Boop him once and then get cut in in half? Do you even THINK before you speak? Jesus christ, shut up and go play your dumb loving hero who takes no skill somewhere else!" Romhack snarks at the teen with downright venom in her voice.

... Now, where was she?


quote:

Romhack (Yami) - Today at 7:06 PM
Romhack assesses the situation!
/roll 2d6+2
SidekickBOT - Today at 7:07 PM
@Romhack (Yami): 2d6+2 = (2+1)+2 = 5
Romhack (Yami) - Today at 7:07 PM
goes I'm going to yell at the filthy casual instead

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at May 5, 2017 around 21:22

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Freak: +0 | Danger: +0 | Saviour: +0 | Superior: +3 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: | Location: Cake'd to the wall inside museum

Ashe's heart stopped, as she tried to reverse motion. But there was someone right behind her! The Gingerbread soldiers lined up their shots. Ashe raised her weapons, she could take down 4, maybe 5 before they fired! But there was too many of them!

Suddenly a painting flew over her shoulder, smacking the target of her anger right on the nose! Ouch! That had to hurt! She glanced back over her shoulder at DK. Partly to make sure she wasn't going to clock her with the bust she was throwing next!

"Thanks for the support!" She called back to her attractive, if destructive team mate.

What was that ticking sound...?

- - -

SidekickBOT - Today at 8:06 PM
@Ashe (Arashi): 2d6+3 Ashe Defending the civies and DK by flying away with the cake bomb! = (1+1)+3 = 5

+1 Potential

- - -

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Freak: +0 | Danger: +1 | Saviour: -1 | Superior: +2 | Mundane: +1
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: The Museum of National Jerks

I give Ashe a thumbs-up. Nothin' better than saving a team-mate AND smashing up a bunch of valuable objects!

A'right, time ta make sure SH-NO-BI doesn't go anywhere for a while. I dunno what's happenin' outside, but I'm sure Romhack and Armor Witch have it covered. I hop over to the tied up ninja, an' fling her over my shoulder, an' poof! We're on top'a th' chandelier now! Now I just gotta tie her 'er up, an-

...Hey, where did she go?

quote:

@DARKKLAW (Hugzilla): 2d6+1 DARKKLAW is unleashing her power to tie up SH-NO-BI! = (4+1)+1 = 6

Marking potential!

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage



Team Outside

Romhack: Those words keep echoing around in your head! That... That... Casual? When you spin to confront her, though, you realize she's anything but. Luckily it doesn't seem like she recognized your voice, but that's unmistakably your greatest gaming rival! Why is she even here??


ROMHACK'S WORST NIGHTMARE, CLOVER 'KUROBAFIELD' JONES

You remember how easily she was thrashing you in For Honor over the weekend and, man, that is the last thing you need on your mind right now!

Romhack marks Angry!

Of course, whatever that glitch was from that hit you took seems to have cleared up just in time! You hear an incredibly feminine scream from the direction of Armor Witch. Clover adds a parting shot, "Whatever, loser. Sounds like you just need to git gud. You should probably go save your girlfriend instead of defending your e-honor." Arrgh! Well, she is right. You should probably do that.

What do you do?

Armor Witch: Your magical armor holds up pretty well against the red hand of Demonfist, preventing any crushing of bones and/or liquification of flesh you may have feared, but it still sends you flying head-over-heels and into an alley nearby. The impact sends masonry flying everywhere and the wall you crashed into starts to wobble and sway. That... that wasn't your proudest moment. Good thing you got him to get rid of the sword, though, that could have gotten really ugly.

Armor Witch Takes a Powerful Blow.

As you regain your feet, you notice that the wall is pretty much toast... and there's someone in the line of fire!

What do you do?

Current Property Destruction — $65,201!

---

Team Inside

Ashe: The cake...! It must be a bomb! As you grab it and push the Sparrow to the limit to get it away from DARKKLAW and the incapacitated crowd, you hear it start to ring! Oh no, it's gonna— A cute Pâtissier doll pops out of the top of the cake instead of the massive explosion you were expecting. As it bounces and sways in the air, it boops your nose several times. It was... it was a diversion. You spin around the room, but it seems like she made a clean break!

Mark a condition of your choice!

...Hopefully the people she kidnapped will be fine, at least until you can catch up. And where did your cute, clawed teammate get to?

What do you do?

DARKKLAW: As you grab her and teleport up onto the chandelier, you notice something odd. The string that had been connected to her pinky was now connected to yours! You're still not quite sure where it even came from, though it does look like that stuff Armor Witch was knitting with earlier. Uhh... Well, you're not exactly an expert on magic or anything, but maybe absorbing so much of Shi-No-Bi's mojo got the spell all confused?

Anyways, all that thinking leads you to be a little too slow to react to Shi-No-Bi's sudden kick from behind. She's not nearly as quick as she could be, but she's still got years of training. As you tumble and fall to the floor, you have a brief glimpse of the wall where you were sure that sword was. It didn't grow legs and walk... Someone must have grabbed it!

Take a Powerful Blow!

What do you do?

Current Property Destruction — $15,915,723!

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: +2 | Danger: -1 | Saviour: +1 | Superior: +2 | Mundane: -1
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Angry | Location: Rules of Nature


'You got to be kidding me!' Romhack thought to herself. Jones, here? WHY? Jesus gently caress, this annoying camw---

Having trouble staying calm, her mind also sees fit to remind her of just how badly she got trashed in For Honor. Sure, there were a couple reasons, such as playing a lot less, but it was loving Jones, and she hated her.

Never the less, she forced herself to ignore the thoughts, she stepped forward. "Whatever. I'm going to do something actually meaningful now, so why don't you run off and hide somewhere instead of being a pointless distraction for the good guys."

Now turning into Raiden,

quote:

(You should know who he is by now...)
, she dashes forward before Jones can snipe back, and immediately slams her sword into his back. Irritatingly hard, it nevertheless gets his attention, but just a second too late- Romhack frontflips over the villain, and roundhouse kicks him away from Armor Witch, before immediately continuing her relentless assault, using her superior speed and reflexes to her advantage!"


quote:

Romhack (Yami) - Today at 11:25 PM
/roll 2d6+2 #Romhack directly engages Demonfist while also showing off to the crowd!
SidekickBOT - Today at 11:25 PM
@Romhack (Yami): 2d6+2 Romhack directly engages Demonfist while also showing off to the crowd! = (6+2)+2 = 10
Choosing: Resist blows, and create an opportunity.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at May 7, 2017 around 01:56

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Freak: +0 | Danger: +0 | Saviour: +0 | Superior: +3 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Hopeless | Location: Cake'd to the wall inside museum

Ashe grabs for the bomb, and flies up towards the skylight. Pure terror adding a horrible inaccuracy to her actions. She fumbles to free the bomb from out under the artwork. The ticking speeding up worryingly. She Tries to fly to the cealing. She was going to die. She was going to die away from her friends, with prince Tamrick unsaved. This was horrible, this was terrible! She didn't want to die!

*Beep*
*Sprong*
*bonk*
*bonk*
*bonk*
*bonk*

It was a dud...

Ashe hovered down to the floor. Resting on her knees. She wanted this day to be over. She'd had some really lovely days, but this was just the loving worst. The only thing that could make it worse was Mongol showing up to mock her. She looked around to check. Nope, she was alone... ish. She needed to find this woman.... Who knows what else she had planned...

- - -

Marking Hopeless
SidekickBOT - Today at 11:07 PM
@Ashe (Arashi): 2d6+3 Ashe tries to Assesses the Situation! = (2+2)+3 = 7


SidekickBOT - Today at 11:23 PM
@Ashe (Arashi): 2d6+2 Ashe Unleashes her powers to track down Pâtissier = (1+2)+2 = 5

Spending 1 hold from Belong in two worlds: to clear Hopeless condition. +2 to roll result.

Role result 7. Partial success
The effect is temporary of unstable.

- - -

Ashe felt something bump against her leg. She looked down... it was the memento! Dusty had sent it to her. Made out of the tooth she knocked out of his mouth the first time they met. He'd always kept it as a reminder to be humble, and because the story amused him greatly. She'd been embarrassed by it before. After all, Dusty was a lord! He outranked her vastly! But he'd never held a grudge. Over time, she found it comforting. A symbol of her will to overcome the odds, and do the impossible! He'd sent it on their last contact. He knew her so well. She ran her finger along the inch and a half canine. It was polished to a sheen, smooth to the touch.

She'd been in crazy situations before. They'd always pulled through. She'd never been alone. Even now, she wasn't truly without her friends. Slow down. Stop panicking. She's a evil baker. You shouldn't let her get the best of you. Ashe took a deep calming breath. She pulled out the ipod. Slipping it into her ears. She needed to settle her mind. She hit random. She'd been played by the Pâtissier at every step. So it was time to dance to her own beat.

She pulled the doll off of the spring. Holding it in her left hand. In her right, she cycled through her weapon selector. There! She pulled out a curious little number. A scout rifle, known as the WASP. She wasn't a huge fan of it. But it's unique properties had their uses. It had tracer abilities. The rounds could track a target. She ran a scan on the doll. The link was weak, but it was there. She unloaded a single round. It spun in the air, and she caught it with one hand. Unequiping the cumbersome rifle. Choosing instead to crack the round. A small blue drone, the size of a blue bottle fly drifted into the air. Letting of a glow. It set off erratically in pursuit of the Pâtissier.

Scrree
Jan 15, 2008

the history of all dead generations,


Freak: +0 | Danger: -1 | Saviour: +2 | Superior: +0 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Afraid! Guilty! | Location: HALCYON CITY MUSEUM's Side Alley, Saving A Friend!

Morgan had flown once before, resting behind one of his aunts as they took him on a nighttime broomstick ride over Halcyon City. It was terrifying at the time, but aged into a sweet memory.

Being lifted into the air by the force of Demonfist's blows, and sent flying into a stone wall -- Morgan was pretty sure this memory would never turn sweet.

quote:

Armor Witch Takes a Powerful Blow!
/roll 2d6+1
SidekickBOT - Last Friday at 11:42 PM
@The Armor Witch (Scrree): 2d6+1 = (2+5)+1 = 8

The sound of metal scrapping stone filled his ears as he slide down the stone wall. Armor Witch was surprisingly unhurt. A small trick of blood leaked from his nose where he'd bumped the inside of his helmet from the recoil of hitting the wall, but his bones were well-intact for someone who'd just taken a demonfist from Demonfist. His mental state, however...

Armor Witch Struggles Past the Pain, Marking Hopeless and Guilty!

What was he even doing? He'd make a big show, calling on the authority of his position and his lineage, and just frozen up? Armor Witch didn't feel like a hero. He didn't feel like a leader. He didn't feel like a witch. Old worries bubbled up to surface. He'd been born in the wrong family. Delagrotte witches weren't supposed to be male. The words of support and love from his family felt faint as a mantra repeated in his head, over and over. He was born wrong. He had lived wrong. He could only do wrong.

Idly, he watched Romhack attack Demonfist, drawing the Berserker's attention. She'd probably just saved his life. Armor Witch needed to get up, needed to go and help her, but it felt so hard to move...

Then, the sound of crumbling masonry.

In the corner of his eye, a flash of familiar black fur.

Incredulous surprise, quickly overwhelmed by the final crack of the wall giving way.

Armor Witch felt his hands grip into the sidewalk, felt his boots tear downwards for traction. He pushed all of his power into a sloppy, full body dive.

quote:

WHY IS MY CAT HERE
/roll 2d6+2
SidekickBOT - Today at 4:30 PM
@The Armor Witch (Scrree): 2d6+2 = (3+6)+2 = 11
Clearing Hopeless!

He reached his target just in time; bricks bounced off his armored back as he cradled the merely crushed cat. Armor Witch felt incredibly happy it was safe, and incredibly angry it'd endangered itself in the first place! "Why are you here?" He nearly yelled.



Sabbat looked up with his normal, somewhat unfocused gaze. He raised a paw, booped Armor Witch on the front of his helmet. boop. boop boop. After taking a quick glance to make sure Demonfist was still preoccupied, Armor Witch raised his helmet halfway up. Sabbat crawled into through the gap, coiled around his neck, rested its mouth right next to his ear, and began to purr. Armor Witch pulled his helmet down and latched it in place; given how well it had protected him earlier, there probably wasn't a safer place on a chaotic battlefield then inside his armor... Or at least, that's what he told himself. A part of him just wanted the close comfort of his best friend.

And Armor Witch did feel better. He was worried, and wanted to do better (and to have done better), but his thoughts no longer enervated his fighting spirit. He ran from the collapsing alley, back into the public square and Romhack's battle with Demonfist, feeling that if nothing else, there were things worth protecting in this world.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Freak: +0 | Danger: +1 | Saviour: -1 | Superior: +2 | Mundane: +1
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: The Museum of National Jerks

"Grk!" Crap! I let my guard down an' let her get a free hit in! She kicked me right off the chandelier, which might be a problem...

...If I didn't have freakin' sweet-rear end teleport powers!

quote:

@DARKKLAW (Hugzilla): 2d6 taking a powerful blow! = (4+2) = 6

Marking potential!

And with a poof, I'm back on the chandelier again. "Phew! That was close! It's a good thing I could teleport, huh?" I see her get into a fighting stance, and I grin, "So, y'wanna dance, huh? A'right," I pull my earbuds out of my pocket, an' insert 'em into my ear.

"Let's dance!"

I let my body flow with the music, turning our little chandelier battle into more of a dance-off. A dance-off I'm winning, of course. I dodge all her attacks, while bobbing my head to the music. I even manage to get a few good hits in. An elbow strike here, a leg sweep there, all in time with the rhythm. She's practically struggling ta keep up with me.

She might be a badass ninja lady with years'a combat experience, but when it comes ta dance battles, I'm the effin' undefeated king!

quote:

@DARKKLAW (Hugzilla): 2d6+1 Now can DARKKLAW Directly Engage ninja lady!? = (3+6)+1 = 10
- resist or avoid their blows
- impress, surprise, or frighten the opposition

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage



Team Outside:

Romhack: With the speed, strength, and high-frequency blade of an advanced combat cyborg, you're easily able to put Demonfist on the defensive! A particularly vicious overhead strike sends sparks flying as it grinds across his incredibly hard skin and drives him to the ground. The nearby crowd, including your rival that nuisance, take advantage of his fall to retreat a safe distance. They're still watching you fight, with varying degrees of awe and/or contempt, but they should be safe!

...what happened to Armor Witch, anyways?

Demonfist marks Angry!

Of course, he's not down for long. He slams the ground, the force of the impact sending you flying back and shattering the pavement beneath him. A wave of dust billows out, enveloping the area. Of course, you're easily able to flip to your feet before you land. Still, it's a good thing you bought those civilians some time and distance! You can barely make out his silhouette making for the entrance to the Museum.

What do you do?

Armor Witch: As Sabbat's sandpapery tongue licks at your ear, you certainly feel a lot better. Or, at the least, more hopeful. An explosion of sound and dust catches your attention. It looks like Demonfist is making for the Museum! At the same time, you feel a small hand patting against your armor. As you look down, you see the tear-stained face of a little girl. She looks up at your helmeted visage, "I can't find my mommy!" She sniffles, snot trickling down her face. "Do you know where she went?"

What do you do?

Current Property Destruction — $216,441!

---

Team Out The Back:

Ashe: Your tracker is working! It's taking a slow and somewhat meandering route, thanks to the interference of all that weird baking magic in the air, but it eventually leads you out the emergency exit in the back and you can see a faint trail of frosting and cookie crumbs. That must be from those gingerbread guards! Maybe Pâtissier decided to cut her losses and run with the people she nabbed earlier? You're faced with a tough choice. The power source on the WASP round isn't meant for long-term use. You either need to power on after her, leaving DARKKLAW to face Shi-No-Bi alone, or abandon the chase.

What do you do?

Current Property Destruction — $0!

---

Team Chandelier Ninja Fight:

DARKKLAW: Welp, Ashe just peaced out the back! Good thing you're the mother-flippin' best dance fighter around and don't need no help, am I right? Shi-No-Bi's moves are still slower than she's used to and, thanks to that, you manage to get her with a solid side kick and send her flying off the chandelier. Her eyes widen in fear as she topples backward, grasping onto whatever she can to slow her descent.

Shi-No-Bi marks Afraid!

Well, the handiest thing ended up being that string that's still on your pinky. You're enjoying your well-deserved victory over that overwrought ninja when you feel a sharp tug at your pinky send you flying down after her. The brief terror stops almost immediately as you find yourself twisted up in a net of red string. Huh. Well, no matter, you can just teleport out, right? Your brow narrows in concentration and... nothing. Double huh.

Roll +Freak before you do anything else and I'll tell you what happens.

Current Property Destruction — $15,916,741!

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Freak: +0 | Danger: +0 | Saviour: +0 | Superior: +3 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: | Location: Outside the museum back entrance!

Music pulsed in her ear as Ashe followed the little WASP round. She could see it's power giving out. But it was enough. She had her target in sight. One crazy meringue making menace, and a platoon of gingerbreads carrying trussed up heroes. Not happening. Ashe was not letting them get away without a fight!

Ashe flew up into the air. Unclipping from the Sparrow and falling downwards in a graceful arc. Landing in the midst of the gingerbread squad!

"I'm sorry, I didn't say we were done yet." The sparrow swooped back down, set to start snatching up the hostages as Ashe freed them!

- - -

@Ashe (Arashi): 2d6+3 Ashe Directly Engage the evil baker to try save the hostages! = (4+1)+3 = 8

- Taking something from Pâtissier! The Hostages

- - -

The beat kicked in. Ashe snapped to her feet. Raising her arms, and popping the two gingerbread's right in their massive heads with single shots. Their cookie forms crumbling. The sparrow darted past, snatching up the hostages as they fell. Ashe let the rush of air spin her, pirotetting through the air, slamming her heel into the back of the leg of one, dropping it to the floor. She snapped still. Unloading onto the fallen goon with one pistol, while firing at the feet off of another. Gingerbread swing, aiming for her head. Ashe flowed around it, spinning low onto her knees around behind the lumbering attacker. She rolled backwards, and sprung, flying backwards through the air, popping shots off, shattering that one as well. A quick little twist and she landed feet first into the chest of another, Topping it backwards! Ashe rolled with the impact, transfering into a graceful backflip. Shooting two more mid-flip and then landing again on her springboards chest and snapping it in half! Two more came at her. Ashe flicked her pistols out defensively, parrying the punch of one, and twisting it over into an arm lock. Smashing her knee into it's face brutally. She body tossed it, up into the air, and the Sparrow rammed it in mid air! Ashe felt the bready grip of death lock around her body, forcing her forwards. She banished her pistols, rolling out a short shotgun. Flipping it in her hand to hold it by the barrel, swinging it up and smashing it butt first into the gingerface! It stumbles backwards from the impact, and doesn't recover in time to avoid Ashe smoothly spinning and blowing a hole through it with the shotgun. Boom!

Throughout it all, the Sparrow darted back and forth, plucking the hostages from the grasp of their kidnappers one after the other! It flashed back into the battle, banking in mid air to slam into another gingerbread soldier. Ashe Vaulted it, spinning in mid air. The Sparrow reacted instinctively to it's pilot, switching from bike, back to armour. Clicking around her before Ashe's feel could touch the floor! She boosted left, and then right suddenly! Dodging a acid cream jet! A quick circle strafe like she was dancing on ice! She blew apart the offending goon A quick form shift back to bike and the Sparrow jumped forward! Stopping suddenly enough to throw Ashe from the pilot seat! She slammed her hands down into a Kong vault, throwing her legs out and around the head and shoulders of her next target, letting the momentum turn it into a somersault throw, dashing her grappled throw into the concrete! She rolled backwards, and unloaded another blast from her shotgun just to be sure. The Sparrow scooped up another hostage! That was all of them! Hostages saved!

She racked the slide on the shotgun. The music reaching it's natural conclusion. Now... where was that baker...?

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at May 10, 2017 around 20:57

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: +2 | Danger: -1 | Saviour: +1 | Superior: +2 | Mundane: -1
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Angry | Location: Rules of Nature


Romhack stylishly lands on her feet and immediately dashes after Demon Fist.

Thanks to huge mobility of the cyborg body she was currently 'simulating', it was no trouble at all to catch up with the comparatively slugging berserker.

Grabbing him by the shoulder, she twists him around as she berates him. "Oi. Don't run, your fight is with me, bro."

Anticipating his obvious counterattack, she flips over Demon fist and assaults with with a furious barrage of blows, before finishing off the combo with a forceful kick that sends him right back where he started!

"I could use a little help here!" she off-handedly berates Armor Witch as she charges after Demon fist, who undoubtedly would prove a giant headache if she let off him for even a second.


quote:

Romhack (Yami) - Today at 4:38 PM
/roll 2d6+2 #Romhack directly engages in front of a crowd!
SidekickBOT - Today at 4:38 PM
@Romhack (Yami): 2d6+2 Romhack directly engages in front of a crowd! = (3+2)+2 = 7
Taking away his chance to enter the museum!

Scrree
Jan 15, 2008

the history of all dead generations,


Freak: +0 | Danger: -1 | Saviour: +2 | Superior: +0 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Afraid! Guilty! | Location: HALCYON CITY MUSEUM, Mood Music!!!

Morgan looked down at the child; a little stunned. He honestly wasn't THAT much older than her -- when the matriarch of your Coven is in her triple digits, a dozen years can seem like a short amount of time -- and If he were in this girl's position, if he were asking for help in a time of desperation, what would he want them to do? Morgan began to lower his hand, ready to wrap the girl's grasping fingers within his own, and lead her to safety.

Then Romhack's voice reached him from the museum entrance.

Armor Witch brushed the girl's hand's off of his skirt. "No." He replied to her question, "But I'm sure she's safe. I cannot help you now. There is still evil to vanquish..." Dammit. Dammit. drat him to the Devil's maw! Why did he become so loquacious when flustered? "I, We, We still need to beat the bad guy." He explained lamely. Armor Witch stood there, silent and uncertain, staring into the girl's crying eyes.

...

Then he dropped down and physically turned the girl around, pointing her towards the crowd. "Go to them, tell them what you told me. They should be able to help. Go." He gave her a light shove for emphasis, "Go." Once he was sure she was moving, Armor Witch turned back towards the battle between Romhack and Demonfist. He started to run towards them.

He needed to do something. He could throw himself in Demonfist's way -- distract the berserker, and let Romhack get the flank on him. She seemed to be a fairly agile form now; even a minute distraction could swing the battle in their favor. As he ran, he saw the girl's tearstained gaze in his head.

He couldn't think about it . There was evil about, and it needed to be avenged. The Delagrotte family tradition was long and proud in its dedication to justice. Had they not served humanity faithfully for generations? Had they not offended the Devil since their conception? For Armor Witch to fail now was not only to fail the name he bore, but the blood that seeped from his bones.

Armor Witch accelerated his pace to a sprint.

He couldn't think about it. To be a leader to was to bear such burdens easily. His team had confidence in him, and he needed to rise to their hopes. Romhack was attached to video games and disaffected from humanity, and he needed to pierce that shroud and reach her heart. Darkklaw was a good person, but a bad hero. Disrespect for authority lead her to frivolous and counterproductive actions. He needed to show her the proper way. Ashe was... Ashe was good, but at odds with the world itself. She carried the weight and traditions of a different universe. She was very pretty. If Armor Witch wanted to do anything, it was to teach her how to live on Earth. To tell her that, that -- if she could never go back, it would still be okay.

His sprint turned into a mad rush; Sabbat bounced unhappily against his neck. He'd take Demonfist's counterattack, stand strong, and let Romhack continue her assault unopposed!

He couldn't think about it. Everything depended on him not thinking about the girl's tear-stained eyes.

quote:

The Armor Witch (Scrree) - Today at 4:40 PM
/roll 2d6+2 #Armor Witch Defends Romhack From the repercussions of her Directly Engage!
SidekickBOT - Today at 4:40 PM
@The Armor Witch (Scrree): 2d6+2 Armor Witch Defends Romhack From the repercussions of her Directly Engage! = (1+1)+2 = 4
Unrecoverable Failure. Marking Potential.

So why did he keep thinking about it?

Scrree fucked around with this message at May 11, 2017 around 02:35

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Freak: +0 | Danger: +1 | Saviour: -1 | Superior: +2 | Mundane: +1
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: The Museum of National Jerks

"Ha-ha! Yea! Suck it! Ya ain't got poo poo on me, girl! I'm da best mutant dancer aroooooooooaaaaawoaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!"

Awww frick. I forgot about the flipping string! Eh, whatever. I'll just teleport to a safer location, annnnndddddddd why am I not teleporting?

It's prolly cuz I'm panicking. Yep, that's probably it. I just gotta calm down, concentrate, annnnnnnnnnnnnnndddddd nope still nothing.

poo poo, poo poo, poo poo, poo poo! The floor's getting closer! Why do my powers have ta flake on me now!?

Okay, okay, okay, calm down, Jessie. Ya just gotta concentrate even harder. That's right. Close your eyes, and focus. Concentrate harder than you ever had before.

Come on, Jessie, you can do this! Don't let this be the end of you! Come on! COME ON!!!

quote:

@DARKKLAW (Hugzilla): 2d6 rolling freak = (4+3) = 7

Tricky - Today at 1:25 AM
alright cool. @DARKKLAW (Hugzilla) Take -1 forward as you manage to untangle yourself through teleportation and resume the chase, but you're still a little tripped up by how tangled this unbreakable string is getting!

Poof! I manage to teleport to safety at the very last second. Holy 'effing poo poo that was close! I'm 'effing exhausted! I don't think I've ever had ta strain so much to use my own drat powers!

This string's a real big problem, an' I can't do much with it still on me. I gotta find a way to get this poo poo under control. Let's see, the source of the string shoooouuuuuld be somewhere close...

quote:

@DARKKLAW (Hugzilla): 2d6+2 Assessing to find the source of this darn string! = (4+5)+2 = 11

• what here can I use to control this darn thing?
• how could we best end this quickly?

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage



Team Outside:

As Demonfist sails through the air, propelled by Romhack's bootleg cyborg ninja moves, he crashes into a telephone pole and snaps it in half. Sparks dance across the evening sky as the power flickers and dies in the block surrounding the museum. You see the bright blue explosion of a transformer on a distant pole. That's... unfortunate. You don't have much time to consider the ramifications, though, because he's back on his feet quicker than you thought possible! Armor Witch nobly charges in front of Romhack, ready to take the hit, but, man, Demonfist can hit. Armor Witch is sent flying by the force of the impact and Romhack goes along for the ride.

Demonfist marks Angrier! Both of you Take A Powerful Blow!

Armor Witch: Sabbat grumpily meows as if to say, "Keep your head in the game, dude!" He does at least soften the blow by nibbling at your ears and shifting around your neck to find The Most Comfortable Spot. What a cat! What a pal!

What do you do?

Romhack: All of a sudden it hits you: how can you showboat in front of your adoring fans if they can't see you?? This is the worst. This is even worse than how badly you were getting thrashed on stream last weekend. For Honor is a chumps game, right?

Unless you cleverly pick a form that stands out from the darkness, you aren't going to be Stage-Fighting. If you do... Well, it's going to give Demonfist a very clear idea of where you are and what you're doing. Fair warning.

What do you do?

---

Team Out The Back:

As the music reached it's climax and you hefted your shotgun, your question turned out to be quite prescient. That tell-tale sound of icing flying through the air causes your heart to sink even as globs of sticky, sugary material drop you to the ground. Your gun is out of reach, the Sparrow is busy finishing the rescue of that last civilian, and... Yeah, not looking good. You can barely lift your head high enough to see Pâtissier's surprisingly understated heels carefully stepping towards you before a timer rings on her apron. She gasps, "Oh my! It's getting that late already~?" She shuffles through a pouch and sets a cupcake in front of you. You can barely make out the words You're Invited! on the card wedged into the frosting.

Pâtissier spins a few times and then skips off into the distance. It didn't seem like she got what she wanted... but she's happy about it? Villains, am I right?

Pâtissier marks Insecure and retreats!

It takes a few moments to get yourself unstuck, but it is just frosting. Without the caramel involved, it wasn't even enough to trigger the mark.

What do you do?

---

Team Tangled:

Alright, well, it got really dark all of a sudden, but luckily you were able to spot the red ball that's the source of all the string. It's right down where Ashe was when she got gooped to the wall. So grabbing it should be a pretty simple matter, but actually untangling yourself? That'll take a bit more time.

Either Give Ground and allow Shi-No-Bi to do ??? or keep that -1 forward as you're still pretty well tangled in thread.

Speaking of Shi-No-Bi, you see her silhouette cutting up the main stairs. It looks like she's taking another run at that Weapons exhibit upstairs!

The best way to end this quickly would be to stop her from getting up there! +1 forward (net zero, counting the penalty) to do so!

What do you do?

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Freak: +0 | Danger: +1 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +2 | Mundane: +1
Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: The Museum of National Jerks

Whoa! Who the heck turned the lights off?

Aw well, it doesn't really matter. It ain't like I have much trouble seein' in the dark, an' right now, I'm seein' the source of all my problems! I poof over to th' red yarn ball, an' pick it up. I could try to untangle myself outta this thing, but meh. I'll do it after I'm done kicking SH-NO-BI's ninja butt!

I teleport myself up to the top of the main stairs, and block her way up, "Hey. Don't think you could lose me that easily," I grin, "We ain't even done with our dance! I hope yer ready, cuz it's time for Round tttttwwwwwwwwwoooooooooAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!"

Whoops, I just tripped over a string. Y'know, in hindsight, maaaaaaayyyybbbbbbbbeeeeeee I shoulda tried untangling myself first. I should get around to doing that soon...

...After I'm done tumbling down these stairs.

quote:

@DARKKLAW (Hugzilla): 2d6+1 Can DARKKLAW continue to be super mega awesome!? (Directly Engaging Sh-no-bi) = (1+2)+1 = 4

Marking potential!



"AGH! CRAP! FRICKIN-! OW! UGH! OOF! SON OF A-! GAH! OW! OW! OW! AH! FU-! poo poo! BWAH! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!"

*WHOMP!*

I land, face first, onto the floor, and I'm pretty sure my everything is broken now. "Ow..."

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: +2 | Danger: -1 | Saviour: +1 | Superior: +2 | Mundane: -1
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Angry, Insecure, Hopeless | Location: Blaze of Glory


Oof! As it turns out, Armor Witch is wearing armor, and is therefore HEAVY. Romhack rolls a few meters, before groggily getting up. That really, really, stung, but she was all too aware that getting punched in the face by Demon Fist would hurt a hell of a lot more.

The problem is it's really bloody dark!

Thankfully, she was prepared. It's time for Shana! (Note: See first teamup blurb for who that is: fire based sword fighter. Can also fly.)


Taking into the air with her wings of flame, Romhack flies about the area, illuminating it. Having found Demon Fist in the darkness, she dives down on him, imbueing the blade with fire as she swings at him, making both herself and Demon Fist very visible. Getting Demon Fist off-balance, she finishes off her combo by creating a large fist of fire and striking him with it!



quote:

Romhack (Yami) - Today at 3:49 PM
/roll 2d6+1 #Romhack takes a powerful blow
SidekickBOT - Today at 3:49 PM
@Romhack (Yami): 2d6+1 Romhack takes a powerful blow = (4+4)+1 = 9
Romhack (Yami) - Today at 3:49 PM
wipes off sweat(edited)
too close for comfort
Struggling past the pain - Marking Insecure and Hopeless.

quote:

Romhack (Yami) - Today at 6:26 PM
/roll 2d6+2 #Romhack BLAZINGLY engages Demon Fist!
SidekickBOT - Today at 6:26 PM
@Romhack (Yami): 2d6+2 Romhack BLAZINGLY engages Demon Fist! = (3+4)+2 = 9
Romhack (Yami) - Today at 6:26 PM
second nine in a row, lol
Resisting his blows!

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Freak: +0 | Danger: +0 | Saviour: +0 | Superior: +3 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: | Location: Outside the museum back entrance!

Ashe struggled, pinned to the floor, she was in an even worse position. Bent over backwards, with her feet beneath her. Ashe had a pretty good stomach, strong muscles. But not strong enough to overcome that position. Hands pinned to the floor, her weapon out of reach. She gasped. Trying to find some weakness... Past experience told her she wasn't going to like where this was going. She was likely about to be beaten, at worse she'd become the new hostage, and get beaten. She braced herself for the coming blow, shutting her eyes tightly....

Nothing, then a curious ringing. Ashe opened her eyes to observe the surprisingly simple shoes (they were super cute actually, in a really understated way). She had expected a beating.

She got a cupcake instead.

Ashe... didn't really know what to make of it. Especially as the girl made her exit. She was used to her bad guys being ready to kill her. Not... give her presents and actually be kinda adorable. She mannaged to free herself. Great, her suit was just covered in white sticky power! Uggg! It was going to take ages to wash that out. She picked up the cake. Examining the card for some kinda clue. Invited to what? And why? Was this one of those dates? Jess seemed to go on dates all the time. Was this how they worked? Courting here was so... confusing. No, it couldn't be a date, what sense would that make?

It was at that point, that the lights went out.

"Uhhhh..." Ashe murmured, the Sparrow jumped back to her side. Clicking into place and activating it's beams. Illuminating her surroundings. She spun around quickly when she heard a crash from back inside the musium. She really shouldn't leave the hostages. But what if DK was in trouble? Her heart beat a little faster with worry. She headed back inside, moving quickly, trying to identify where the fight had got too... She stopped next to the staircase, scanning the area, her lights giving the pastry architecture a much more creepy look. She gulped. Wondering if there was any of those ginger bread soldiers left. Sudden bumping and curses fill the air behind her! She spun around quickly, her lights illuminating the quickly moving form of DarkKlaw falling down the stairs towards her, tangled in red string! Ashe had enough time to give a quick squeal of terror before her team mate was upon her!

- - -

@Ashe (Arashi): 2d6+3 Ashe Attempts to defend DarkKlaw's face from the floor! = (6+2)+3 = 11
Adding Team to the pool

- - -

The Sparrow gave a quick little boost, helping slow Ashe's backwards fall. But it didn't stop her toppling backwards, the mutant girl landing on top of her. Ashe wrapped her arms around her. Risking getting tangled in the thread. What she hadn't counted on was where DarkKlaw had landed on her...

Scrree
Jan 15, 2008

the history of all dead generations,


Freak: +0 | Danger: -1 | Saviour: +2 | Superior: +0 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Afraid! Guilty! Insecure! Hopeless!| Location: HALCYON CITY MUSEUM

There was no great moment of understanding. No flashing of his life before his eyes. Armor Witch simply stepped in front of Demonfist's blow, felt the shock of it rebound through his armor, felt the force of it tear his feet off the ground, felt Romhack's strange pseudo-real cybernetic skin press against his back, and realized that once again he had failed.

quote:

The Armor Witch (Scrree) - Today at 5:03 PM
!2d6+2 Morgan takes a powerful blow!
/roll 2d6+2
SidekickBOT - Today at 5:03 PM
@The Armor Witch (Scrree): 2d6+2 = (6+2)+2 = 10

The only reason he stood up was the raw fact he was still conscious. To simply lie down seemed impossible, but now that he was up... now that he was up, what could he do? What force could he muster? How much more could his heart bear? Nothing. Nothing. Nothing.

As he stood, still and quivering, he heard a loud metalic crak! to his left. He turned, but saw nothing there. Armor Witch tried to shake off sound as just a falling rock, but then another crak! came from his right, and then a whole cacophony started all around him. No, not around him, on him. His armor was breaking apart, shattering more and more by the second. Armor Witch gazed downwards at his own gauntlet's; they were dissolving into ash and ember. Then, with a sound like the crumbling of an ancient fossil, his helm fell off his head and landed in his palms.

Buckling under his own burdens, the Armor Witch was unmade.

Struggling through the pain: Marking Hopeless and Insecure. Also choosing to Give Ground; the opposition will gain an opportunity.

Morgan stood wordlessly in the darkness. He was very tired of his own failure. His now bare hands gripped the hard-metal of his crumbling helm. The tension on his skin gave him no relief. Even his cat was upset with him.

It was enough to make him want to curl up in a ball. To start crying out for Great Granny or Adele or even his own mother; anyone to step in and take him away from this horrible place. But again, the simple fact he was still conscious kept him standing. Even if he couldn't move, he could look ahead. And what he saw was...

Romhack, turning into some kind of blazing warrior. She rose into the sky on bright wings of flame without even saying a word to him. That was okay. Better than okay, it was kind of inspiring -- she was focused on the mission. She could still move, so she was attacking. It was, yes, Morgan felt himself take a breath, felt the blood stir through his limbs, yes, even if he couldn't do anything, even if he couldn't save anything (Sabbat bit on his ear; he knew that wasn't true... but then why did it feel that way!?), there was someone here who could.

And he had to support her anyway he could.

Morgan gathered the faint embers of his ruined armor into his palm. It was a pathetic flame, but it was enough. Morgan sent it trailing after Romhack, obscuring it in the far brighter light of her wings, "Romhack!" He shouted, just as she revealed Demonfist from within the darkness, "Show him why you're the star!"

quote:

The Armor Witch (Scrree) - Today at 5:10 PM
/roll 2d6+2 #AW Supports Romhack as best he's able!
SidekickBOT - Today at 5:10 PM
@The Armor Witch (Scrree): 2d6+2 AW Supports Romhack as best he's able! = (4+1)+2 = 7
Romhack is successfully supported! 'On a hit, they hear you: they mark potential, clear a condition, or shift Labels if they open up to you.'

And as Romhack reached Demonfist, as the berserker reared back for a counterblow, the small embers Morgan had sent behind her suddenly burst into a flare of pure, white, blinding light. The flare only lasted the briefest second, but while it lived the twilight was pushed back, and daytime returned to the Museum entrance.

Burning a point of team to boost Romhack's roll from a 9 to a 10!

Darkness quickly returned. Morgan let his arms fall, the last embers of the armor he'd summoned spent, and then he realized --

He was very, very cold.

Scrree fucked around with this message at May 15, 2017 around 23:32

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: +2 | Danger: -1 | Saviour: +1 | Superior: +2 | Mundane: -1
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Angry, Hopeless | Location: Blaze of Glory

It was only then when she realizes the state Armor Witch was in. She had been far too focused -- no, that wasn't right. She was precisely as focused on Demon Fist as she had to be - but it didn't allow her to keep track of her own ally.

"Oh poo poo!" she curses to herself, as she realizes how vulnerable her ally is right now. "Take cover!" she yells out, as she swings gathers fire around her sword. ""No way I will let someone down who believes in me!" she yells out, bringing down the sword. Barely missing him, she suddenly brings it back up again, and...


this happens.

The now heavily singed, but surprisingly okay villain FINALLY stops moving, and after a few moment making sure that Demon fist is going to STAY down, Romhack finally turns to Armor Witch.

"No way I was going to let a mindless like that beat me. Fight smart, not hard, eh? But... thanks for the assist."

Clearing Insecure.

"Come on, we can't sit around. We have to make sure Dork Claw didn't somehow break the entire museum."

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage



Team Outside:

Indeed, the terrifying Demonfist seems to be down for the count! There's a smattering of cheers, but it seems the majority of the crowd decided to disperse when the lights went out. After a brief moment luxuriating in the appreciation of the crowds, crashing sounds draw your attention from within the Museum. Sounds like there's still action going on inside!

Demonfist is KO'd!

Romhack: Nice job! You finally brought him down. For a berserker-type, he was a pretty canny fighter. Good thing Armor Witch got him to toss his weapon, right? That thing... It seemed wrong, somehow. It's kinda nice to hear some appreciation too, right? And where's Jones now anyway? Classic, huh? There to razz you when you're down and gone before you can show her how wrong she was.

What do you do?

Armor Witch: You made a difference! She heard you and listened. Hey, maybe you haven't had the greatest night. It happens. But at least you helped Romhack out when it mattered, right? Of course, there is still the situation inside the museum... Feeling up for it?

What do you do?

Refunding the team because of the timing!

---

Team I Told You About Stairs:

DARKKLAW: Well, you landed face first alright. But, uh, since when was the floor so soft? Or smell so good? Or... Wait. Your clawed hand brushes against something that is most definitely not floor. That feels... Well, it feels about what you'd imagine Ashe's chest would feel like. And what's that strange feeling rushing up your arm?

Ashe: DARKKLAW managed to land just about square on top of you. Which would be fine if she wasn't... what was she doing?? As the Swallow swings a light on the two of you, you notice...

Both: Wow, how have you not noticed how hot she was before? Or, I suppose, how have you not acted on that?

DARKKLAW and Ashe are entranced by the other's stunning beauty! If you choose to give into that, both of you can resolve a successful comfort/support as your action for the prompt.

What do you do?

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Freak: +0 | Danger: +0 | Saviour: +0 | Superior: +3 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: | Location: Outside the museum back entrance!


Ashe opened her eyes slowly. Someone was on top of her, warm, yet soft. She tried to move. But they were right between her hips. She was effectively trapped until they let her up. Not that she minded. DarkKlaw was right now pinning her to the ground. She thanked the gods that it was nearly pitch black in here. Because her face had gone bright red. She felt her team mate move and bit her lip as sensation rushed through her. Trying not to make a sound. Ashe couldn't deny the feeling. It was good. She liked it.

The Sparrow brought it's lights to bare, illuminating DarkKlaw's face, her eyes, her... lips. Ashe's heart hammered in her chest. Her breathing heavy. She'd been so lonely. For so long. Why not give in? Who was there to judge her? The Prince? Dusty? Ereive? No, none of them where here. Here she wasn't a slave girl. Here she had choice. Here she had freedom in ways she never could back home.

Ashe locked eyes with the mutant girl on top of her. Heart pounding. Her full lips parted. Her eyes started to close. Caught up in the moment. Ashe melted, hoping beyond hope, that DarkKlaw would see what Ashe could never say, and take this open and willing opportunity to help her become a little more free.

- - -

Taking the offered comfort move. If accepted, marking Potential.
5/5
LEVEL UP!

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Freak: +0 | Danger: +1 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +2 | Mundane: +1
Potential: 5/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: It keeps happening!

"Urgh..." Okay, so that wasn't exactly my finest moment, an' my entire body's pretty much aching in pain, but at least the landing wasn't that bad. Musta landed on some pillows or something. Gotta say, these are some really soft pillows. Smell pretty nice, too.

Hey, didn't I just see Ashe while I was fallin' down? Guess she took care of Pastydouche. I knew she could do it! Maybe I can get her to help me take down that ninja jerk. Alright, just gotta pick myself back up and- Oh, there's Ashe. Wow, she's way closer than I thought she'd be.

...She's really, really close, actually

Huh. I guess I musta landed on top of her, which means those soft pillows musta been...

...

...

...OH MY GOD

Oh my god oh my god oh my god! Those pillows, they weren't pillows at all! They were- oh my god! Ahhhhhhh, what do I do!? I hope she's not mad at me! It's not like I meant to land on her chest! Okay, okay, okay, don't panic, just- OH HOLY CRAP MY HAND'S STILL ON HER CHEST TAKE IT OFF QUICK!

Okay, okay, okay, okay. Calm down, Jessie. Just... apologize, and hope she's not mad at you. Oh my god please don't be mad at me! I really, really, really, really don't want Ashe to be mad at me!!!

"Ashe! I-"

...Uh, why... why is she looking at me like that? And uh, did she... always look this beautiful? "I... I....I.... I..." I stammer, unable to look away from those really pretty eyes of hers. My heart feels like it's about to leap outta my chest. My body starts to move closer to her, my lips trembling. I close my eyes, and...

...I kiss her.

...My first kiss, and it's with Ashe...

Totally taking the comfort move, which means I advance! Taking Troublemaker for my advance!

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: +2 | Danger: -1 | Saviour: +1 | Superior: +2 | Mundane: -1
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Angry, Hopeless | Location: Blaze of Glory


Still in the form of Shana, Romhack walks up to Armor Witch. Still pretty hot (Both literally and visually, of course), a gentle warmth washes over him. "Yo, Armor Witch. I know you kinda got your rear end kicked here, but don't let it get to you, okay? Sometimes you just get hard countered, you know?"

A moment later, Romhack realizes that AW has no idea what that game term means. "Uh... what I mean is that sometimes you meet people yo just can't win against because their power just works too well against yours, you know? And someone like him, he can just charge in before you can do your magic nonsense. This is why I'm so effective - because i can tailor my powers to counter the enemy's, to an extent."

Romhack heartily pats Armor Witch on his shoulder as she walks past him, sneaking in a quick neck rub on the cat. Shortly after, she extends her fist for a brofist. "Cheer up man! You did good considering the circumstances."


quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 10:24 PM
@Romhack (Yami): 2d6-1 Romhack tries to comfort Armor Witch! Using way too much game termology = (5+3)-1 = 7


quote:

When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, say whether it’s part of the show or
not. If it is, then you can shift your Labels as you choose. If it is not, then they shift your Labels,
and you can clear a condition or mark potential.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at May 16, 2017 around 20:49

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Freak: +0 | Danger: +0 | Saviour: +0 | Superior: +3 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: | Location: Outside the museum back entrance!

This time Ashe couldn't hold back her voice. Ether from how her chest was being squeezed, nor from how DarkKlaw kissed her. She gave in immediately. Her body burning up with long suppressed passion, moving against the girl pinning her to the floor. Lost in the moment. Lost in her lips. She wasn't mad, how could she be? When this was the first thing that had gone right since she'd gotten here.

She broke the kiss with a shuddering breath. She wanted more. She wanted so much more. But there was something rattling around in the back of her head. Something about a ninja....

Oh.

- - -

Taking Game Face as Ashe's advance.

Scrree
Jan 15, 2008

the history of all dead generations,


Freak: +0 | Danger: -1 | Saviour: +2 | Superior: +0 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: Afraid! Guilty! Hopeless!| Location: HALCYON CITY MUSEUM

Breath in, breath out.

Was it really over? Morgan eyed Demonfist's body warily, but despite his fear, the berserker stayed down. It was strange, how victory seemed so impossible until it suddenly fell into his lap. Their lap? Her lap, really. All Morgan had done the whole time was scramble around and get thrown into walls, Romhack had been the one to actually fight Demonfist. (But you helped, the part of him that refused to cower insisted, you helped and it mattered.) Ah, there she was now.

Morgan prepared himself for a scolding from the veteran hero, but instead Romhack was... comforting? "Yes, your powers are incredibly versatile, and impressive. Mine are... limited." He idly reached up a petted Sabbat for support, "But that's only because I'm still a novice. The older members of the Coven are far greater at, hah, 'magic nonsense' than me. I just... I just have a lot to learn." And he would. If this fight showed Morgan anything, it's that there was a lot he needed to learn, fast.

Romhack's fist hovered in the air. What was she.. oh, oh, his cousin Serah had done this once! It was a fraternal fist, and the correct response was to match their fist and say something celebratory. He reached out to Romhack's waiting hand, "Goo--"d job, he wanted to say. But right when their knuckles scrapped...

Accepting Romhack's comfort! Clearing Insecure!

Her hand was so hot! From her touch a gentle warmth spread throughout his body, bringing with it shivers that pushed out the cold enshrouding him. Morgan sucked in a deep breath and straightened his back, no wonder Romhack was comforting him, he must've looked as pathetic and gloomy Sabbat after a bath!

Feeling surprisingly rejuvenated, Morgan tried to recover from his halted speech, "er, Go... Go Guard Girls!" An oddly exuberant yell, but were the feelings behind it dishonest?

No. Morgan looked Romhack in the eyes, face a little flushed from the odd warmth of her skin, "Demonfist is the first villain, well, person-villain that I've ever fought, and I'm glad it was with you." He spoke softly but sincerely, "Growing up in the family, with so many stories and so many heroes, it made me think that the heroes of the city were the Delagrotte Witchs. The only heroes, even. But today, you proved... you were great. You fought so intelligently, and you made sure to save the civilians from that car! If you were part of the family, we'd be proud of you. But, eh, you're not, and that's what I learned today?" He trailed off, point a little muddled, but hoped Romhack understood him.

Triggering a Legacy Team Move!

quote:

When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, tell them whether you see them as an equal. If you do, give them Influence over you and mark potential. If you don’t, shift Superior up and any other Label down
Marking potential!

Also, in accordance with Romhack's team move, shifting her labels +Superior/-Danger; as Armor Witch views Romhack as someone who values fighting in a controlled and calculated (and show-off-able) way over brute force.

"Anyways, we should go inside and check on the others. It would be wrong for the leader to relax before making sure everyone is safe." He took a single step towards the entrance before turning back towards Romhack, "Do you think it's right for me to be team leader?"

quote:

The Armor Witch (Scrree) - Today at 5:09 PM
/roll 2d6+2 #Armor Witch pierces Romhack's mask!
SidekickBOT - Today at 5:09 PM
@The Armor Witch (Scrree): 2d6+2 Armor Witch pierces Romhack's mask! = (1+2)+2 = 5
Marking Potential!

Oh dammit, there must've been a better way to ask that question. But it came out of his mouth without passing through his mind. "Er, don't misunderstand, I'm okay being team leader... I mean, I want to be leader! I do. It's just that, if I'm too weak, if I'm the chink in our armor, than maybe it's wrong?" Morgan turned towards Demonfist, "I never want to be thrown around like that again. I want to become stronger. I want to be able to protect the innocent," he thought of the little girl, "and guide the weak. But, I don't know if I can. And if I can't, doesn't that just make me a liability? A leader should be... the opposite." He finished weakly.

Answering Romhack's free Pierce question of 'What do you intend to do?' -- He does want to lead the team, both for personal reasons and because of the prestige it gives to his family, but also because he has the (perhaps not incorrect?) view that greater responsibility will naturally lead to faster growth. That is as long as he doesn't fail or break, the thought of which is currently haunting him.

Sabbat nipped at his ear. Morgan's face turned red. That wasn't from the heat of her hand, that was from embarrassment.

Scrree fucked around with this message at May 16, 2017 around 22:28

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: +2 | Danger: -2 | Saviour: +1 | Superior: +3 | Mundane: -1
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Angry, Hopeless | Location: Blaze of Glory


Romhack shifts up her neck slightly, as if pondering how to answer for a moment. "I think you're just going at it the wrong way. It's not the leader's job to do everything themselves and shoulder the entire burden. It's your job to make sure you succeed - and more often than not that means having people more suited to the task at hand do it in your place. There's a reason leading from the front is a stupid idea, you know?"

Her eyes briefly moving from staring into his eyes to the rest of the face, she let's out a chuckle.

"What's the matter?" she asks, with a sly, and very much over-the top smug grin on her face as she leans in far too close to his face. "Got the hots for me?"


Romhack currently sees Armor Witch as a senseless Martyr who doesn't really understand where his strengths are yet, and... also not very much of a front-line fighter. +Savior, -Danger.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at May 16, 2017 around 22:44

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrree
Jan 15, 2008

the history of all dead generations,


Freak: +0 | Danger: -2 | Saviour: +3 | Superior: +0 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: Afraid! Guilty! Hopeless!| Location: HALCYON CITY MUSEUM

Immediately after Those Words left Romhack's mouth, a great heat seizes Morgan's body. When Romhack leans in (so close!), defensive instincts kick in.

Clink!

His helmet mercifully blocks Romhack's view of his burning face. The rest of his armor shimmers as it reappears on his body. He takes one step back, turns fully on his heel towards the Museum, and marches awkwardly through the entrance.

"Darkklaw!" He yells, a bit too high pitched, into his communicator, "We've subdued the villain outdoors; last I saw Ashe, she was pursuing a second villain. If you're near her now let her know we're on our way in for backup!"

Armor Witch shakes his head, did he just hear a strange, tinny echo of his own message to Darkklaw? No, it must be nerves.

  • Locked thread
«3 »