Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage



Everyone:

After those heartfelt moments, your attention is drawn to your communicators. Or Ashe's communicator, in DARKKLAW's case.

The crackling voice of Central says, "Reinforcements are close, Guard Girls. ETA is about two minutes."

As you look over either the wartorn streets outside the Museum or the strange, devastated Candyland inside the Museum, you realize that there's a pretty pressing need to get your stories straight and take care of any remaining villain threats. No matter that you — more or less — saved the day, the whole gala and everything did get kind of ruined on your watch. That's going to be a tough sell when the media and the Alliance get on your case.

DARKKLAW & Ashe: Wow! That was really something, huh? Of course, it did give Shi-No-Bi free reign to do what she wanted. Maybe you should... check on that? If you do, what weapons do you find are conspicuously missing from the Weapons of Myth exhibit when you enter? If you don't, how do you prep for the arrival of reinforcements?

What do you do?

If you do go up to the exhibit, I'll mini-prompt with the situation inside.

Romhack & Armor Witch: With Demonfist down, it looks like all the excitement is inside the museum! Nothing to do but head inside, right? Assuming you do, what do you make of the inside? Where do you think all those cakes and whatnot came from? And, uh, why are all the heroes and VIPs snoozing in piles of frosting? If not, then as always...

What do you do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Freak: +0 | Danger: +0 | Saviour: +0 | Superior: +3 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: | Location: Outside the museum back entrance!

Ashe's dreamlike state is suddenly and rudely interrupted by the bark of her comm. She groans. Partly at the comm, and partly what DarkKlaw just did with her tongue.

"Ahh... we should probably try and find that ninja..." she couldn't keep the disappointment out of her voice. Thought it was probably best to pick this back up somewhere more secluded.

Ashe dashed upstairs having extracted herself somehow. The Ninja's trail ended here. Mythic weapons? Ashe had no idea this world had any myths. Clearly she still had a lot to learn. Then again, there had been no campfire gatherings, and the pubs here played their music way too loud to get a good myth going. It was a wonder anyone managed to go on quests at all!

Given the style of Shi-no-bi's weapons, Ashe had expected her to head straight for the curved swords and Katakana. But curiously, they hadn't.



Ashe discovered a broken pain of glass, and a photo of a conspicuously missing knife. She read the little blurb of text.

quote:

The Unsubtle Knife.

A rare find, the blade is said to have been discovered in the ruins of the Aztec city of Tenochtitlan. It is remarkable for three reasons. One, it is made of a rare meteorite alloy. Two, it's method of crafting and quality is in far advanced of anything crafted at the time. Three, the computer chips are fully functioning.

Conspiracy theories abound that this is evidence of alien patronage. But recent studies suggest it may have been left behind by a future time traveller. As of this date, no one has been able to access any information that may have been stored on the drives. The aztec legends suggest that it was a gift given by the Feathered Serpent when he fell from the skies.

Crap, that sounded important. It also strongly reminded Ashe of something, but she couldn't put her finger on it. Where had she seen that design before?

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Freak: +0 | Danger: +1 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +2 | Mundane: +1
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: It keeps happening!

Ugh. Stupid comms. They had ta go and ruin the moment, didn't they? "Y-yea. We should... probably go do that..."

I follow behind Ashe on her way up the stairs, still unable to get over what just happened. We actually kissed! An' it felt good. Like, really, really good. Like... wow. Wow.

I've managed to untangle myself by the time we reach the Weapons of Myth exhibit. I take a quick look around the room, an' the first thing I notice is that the Dragon Gauntlets are missing now. Aw man, no fair! [i[I[/i] wanted ta take those things first! They're gauntlets that're shaped like a dragon's head, an' they're powered by the spirits of two ancient dragon gods! Or at least, that's what I heard. Don't actually know if it's true. Man, what a bummer. I was plannin' on, uh, "borrowing" those gauntlets after the party, but SH-NO-BI beat me to it!

...What? I was only going to borrow them for a few days! Honest!

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage



DARKKLAW & Ashe:

As you slowly move through the exhibit, a roar draws your attention. Is that... a dragon?? You two clear the last corner of the exhibit to see Shi-No-Bi, clad in all sorts of new weapons, literally shooting a dragon at... something. A weapon, you'd imagine, but it's hard to make out what it is with all the lights and sounds. It looks like she's trying to use the Dragon Gauntlets to break through the magical security barriers.

What do you do?

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Freak: +0 | Danger: +0 | Saviour: +0 | Superior: +3 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: | Location: Outside the museum back entrance!


Ashe looked at the light show for longer then she probably should do. She was mystified. What on earth was she trying to achieve? At least it meant that Ashe didn't need to use the Sparrow's headlights. She glanced at DarkKlaw.

"... I kinda get the impression we should stop her..." She whispered. But what if the artifacts get damaged? Ashe would normally just shoot her, two in the body, one in the head. Guaranteed sleepy time. But relics were rare! Her Sparrow was a relic! She'd be devastated if anyone stole it! The snatching cables had proven their abilities so far. Maybe they could do some good here too!

"HEY! YOU... um..." Ashe paused, she'd not thought up a good name before she began. "You...? gently caress it." She threw the snatcher arms forwards, grabbing at the gauntlets and the knife! "GIMME!"


- - -

@Ashe (Arashi): 2d6+3 Ashe Directly Engage Shi-No-Bi! = (2+2)+3 = 7

- Taking the stolen Weapons of Myth back!

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Freak: +0 | Danger: +1 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +2 | Mundane: +1
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: It keeps happening!

"Awright! Nice one, Ashe!" Now that Ashe took the weapons away from her, it's time ta make sure she doesn't get away again.

I teleport right in front of SH-NO-BI, and say, "Man, y'know, fer someone who's supposed ta be a super sneaky ninja, ya kinda stink at yer job!" She throws a punch aimed directly at my face, which I dodge easily, "Ooooh, musta touched a nerve there!" Another punch, another dodge. She's gettin' super frustrated. "Silent Assassin? More like SILENT FARTS! BWAHAHAHAHA!!!"

It might not look like I'm doin' much 'cept get her mad, but I've been circling her, and slowly wrappin' the red string around her, and by the time she notices what I was doing, it's too late. I've got her all wrapped up now. "Gotta say, red's a good look on you!" I trip her while she's tryin' to untangle herself from the string, an' give a little self-satisfied smile when she smacks her head on the ground.

Oh, man! I really hope Ashe was impressed by that!

quote:

@DARKKLAW (Hugzilla): 2d6+2 DARKKLAW is going to do what she does best and annoy the crap out of SH-NO-BI = (6+1)+2 = 9

- you get an opportunity
- you avoid further entanglement

Scrree
Jan 15, 2008

the history of all dead generations,


Freak: +0 | Danger: -2 | Saviour: +3 | Superior: +0 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: Afraid! Guilty! Hopeless!| Location: HALCYON CITY MUSEUM

Armor Witch let out a gasp of surprise when he stepped through the museum doors. He’d expected a lot of destruction, and had even braced himself (as best he could) for the possibility of bloodshed, but… cake? Giant gobs of icing? It was outside of his imagination. At least the people seemed okay.

Armor Witch stepped quickly towards the VIPs, smashing pastries underfoot. Some of the most important figures in Halcyon City attended the museum’s exhibition, and now they were sleeping in beds made of frosting. Chunks of solidified sugar clung to their fine suits and dresses. Several mustaches had been delicately placed on the guest’s faces. It was… okay, Armor Witch had to admit, it was a pretty funny sight. After doing a quick check of their vitals, he turned back to Romhack, “Everyone looks fine! Just a bit sticky...” He ripped a chunk of hardened frosting from a nearby mound, showing it to Romhack, “It’s all made of sweets… Do you know who could’ve done this? I, er, haven’t fully memorized the Dossier of the Known Villains of Halcyon City yet...” Several nights where he should’ve been studying, but instead procrastinated in order to play with Sabbat came back all at once in a flash of embarrassed regret.

As if on queue, Sabbat meowed loudly in his ear and shifted from behind his neck to the very front of the helmet’s visor. Face full of cat rear end, Armor Witch spun around rapidly, desperately trying to find what was drawing Sabbat’s attention. There, embedded in the sea of frosting, was a very familiar person – Serah. Oh, right, Adele had been invited, but Serah had replaced her when the older witch couldn’t make it. Armor Witch walked over to unconscious body, lifted her out of her sugary prison, and began to haul her back towards a clearer spot near the entrance.

Really, his head was still spinning from Romhack’s… provocativeness. There was a lot to consider. Backup would arrive shortly. Ashe and Darkklaw were nowhere in sight, and Armor Witch doubted Shi-No-Bi was the one who baked all these… evil sweets. That meant there was a third villain, and the inside team was evenly matched – or worse! As Armor Witch headed back to the entrance he stepped over the fragments of several nearly-priceless artifacts. Only a villain would’ve intentionally destroyed such treasures. Could there be another berseker, like Demonfist, working with the enemy? If so, then Ashe and Darkklaw would’ve been outnumbered, and Armor Witch suddenly felt very worried over their lack of communication.

But other heroes from the Justice Alliance were on the way, and leaving the guests undefended was an inexcusable error, right? But if Ashe and Darkklaw were fighting, outnumbered, right now, then he needed to reunite with them ASAP. But if they had the situation under control, and him leaving the VIPs undefended let the villains take hostages, then… But if, but if, but if! Armor Witch’s thinking spun in circles, and so he just did what came naturally to him.

Reaching the outside edge of the pastry sea, he laid Serah gently (but not quite as gently as he could) on the ground. He took off his helmet; Sabbat lept from his head onto to Serah’s collarbone, meowing loudly.

OOC Note to Romhack: Serah and Morgan look extremely alike, with similar hair color, facial structure, and height! They almost look like identical twins, despite being cousins.

“It is quite unbecoming for a Witch of the Delagrotte Coven to slumber while evil goes unpunished, Serah.” He lectured to his sleeping cousin. Sabbat began to lick the sugary bits of frosting stuck to her cheek; that would probably help in waking her up. “So if you could awaken and carry through with your anointed duties,” and cast some spell to track down the villains because you’re better at magic than me, Armor Witch added in his head, “that would be good.” Having ran out of sugar to lick, Sabbat began bopping Serah lightly on the cheek, as if asking for more. “…Please wake up.” Armor Witch asked, a little desperate.

Scrree fucked around with this message at May 20, 2017 around 19:00

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: +2 | Danger: -2 | Saviour: +1 | Superior: +3 | Mundane: -1
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Angry, Hopeless | Location: Blaze of Glory


Romhack sighs when she sees the interior. Deep down, she wants to blame Dorkclaw for this, but even she was aware that only ONE person could create such an incredible mess.

"Pâtissier." Romhack exclaims, her tone still halfway into a sigh. "It's probably Pâtissier. Only she does... THIS."

Stepping forward, she looks around a bit, seeing Armor Witch step forward for what appears to be... a close relative. Androgenity seems to run in the family, it seems.

"Let her have her beauty sleep, Witch Boy, she isn't going to wake up anytime soon. Pâtissier's bakery tends to last for a long time. Let's go find the two people who clearly didn't do their job properly." she advises.

"Shinpan!" she yells out, and a symbol made out of fire appears on top of her head.



quote:

http://shakugan.wikia.com/wiki/Shinpan

Looking around for a few seconds, she steps forward. "This way. They're upstairs with the ninja. Pâtissier isn't around anymore." she states, matter-of-factly. Running forward, she jumps up before turning into Genji midair.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage



Armor Witch

After a few moments of worry and bopping, Sabbat curls up on Serah's face and falls asleep with a mighty cat yawn. For a moment it seems as though she'll sleep through that as well, but a sudden flailing catches your eye and she starts to cough. She sits bolt-upright, launching Sabbat back into your hands, obviously a little confused as to what exactly is happening. Her eyes are wide as she looks around the room, then narrow slightly as they focus in on you.

She finally says, "What did you do, Morgan?"

Isn't that just classic? You wake up your sorta-rival from some sort of sweets-based slumber and it's all your fault?

What do you do?

---

Team Ninja Fight, pt. 2!

Shi-No-Bi spins as she feels the tug of the Sparrow's snatching cables. A look of rage crosses her face as the cables snatch away her ill-gotten goods. The light show of the dragon grinding away at the barrier fades as the gauntlets leave her hands. Before Ashe can react, Shi-No-Bi's revolvers are in her hands spitting silent (??) bullets at the power-armored hero. Ninjas, right?

Ashe Takes a Powerful Blow! Shi-No-Bi marks Insecure!

DARKKLAW takes the opportunity to entangle her in the red string and needle her with a few barbed comments! Apparently the power-interfering properties of it aren't just limited to teleportation, as she attempts to melt into the shadows but seems unable to do so!

...and it's about this time that Romhack enters the scene in her own ninja guise.

What do you all do?

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Freak: +0 | Danger: +0 | Saviour: +0 | Superior: +3 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: | Location: Outside the museum back entrance!

*Twip!* there goes the relics! Ashe felt a moment of satisfaction. Then Shi-No-Bi turned. Hands moving from behind her hips. Ashe breathed out. Pupils narrowed, fingers twitch, weapon selections shuffle by, seeking the familiar handles. Her target's fingers tightened on her custom weapons. Ashe moved, it felt slow, so impossibly slow. But it was those scant moments. Where time stood still. She felt her heart pulse. She started to breath in. Finding exactly what she was looking for.



Her favourite pistols. The duel custom Equaliser Revolvers. Sans the ammo belts. Just one cylinder. She wouldn't need more. Reloading wasn't a requirement, when you can reload by magic. She moved in close, sweeping her hand up from low, flicking her head left, and her opponents weapon right. *Bang!* Shi-No-Bi's round sinks into the floor, her kill shot parried. She swings her other pistol to bare....!

- - -

@Ashe (Arashi): 2d6 Ashe Takes a powerful blow! = (3+1) = 4

+1 potential

@Ashe (Arashi): 2d6+3 Ashe Directly engages Shi-No-Bi! = (6+2)+3 = 11

- Avoid blows,
- Impress, surprise, or frighten the opposition

- - -

Basically this

The gunfire was furious! Each seeking to outmanoeuvre the other. Ashe danced. She was a Flame Dancer, and she was dancing with flames right now. There was no doubt the ninja was good. But Ashe was in her element! She disarmed her dancing partner. Slapping the wrapped handled pistols out of Shi-No-Bi's hands. She struck her opponent hard enough to send her stumbling backwards! She felt the sparks, the rush! The Sparrow shifted in front of her, she vaulted off of it, flipping through the air! It was time for the technique the fans had entitled The Phoenix Drop Take Down!

BAM! Ashe aimed her pistol at Shi-No-Bi's face so she could see it. Finger off the trigger. Pistol held to her chest in a secure two handed grip. Pinning the slippery woman to the floor with her legs! She really hoped that DarkKlaw didn't feel jealous.... banishing the thought, she put her mind to the task again. "Surrender! You're done!" She yelled. She had the ninja dead to rights! Let's see her slip out of this!

But get out of this she did!

Ashe yelped as Shi-No-Bi threw her legs up around Ashe's neck and yanked her backwards, throwing her off of the ninja. Ashe rolled with the impact, coming up in a kneeling pose, weapon aimed!

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at May 24, 2017 around 18:33

Scrree
Jan 15, 2008

the history of all dead generations,


Freak: +0 | Danger: -2 | Saviour: +3 | Superior: +0 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: Afraid! Guilty! Hopeless!| Location: HALCYON CITY MUSEUM

"What!? I didn't do anything!" He scowled, that sounded weak, "Er, I mean, we were outside and," pause, deep breath, need to get the story straight, "My team was assigned to guarding the Museum entrance. Roughly half an hour ago, two villains appeared and began to assault nearby civilians. We defeated one villain, Demonfist, if you know of him, and the rest of the team is pursuing the second one now. There is apparently a third villain named 'Pâtissier' who did," he gestured to the complete mess of cake and frosting, "this.'

Most of that was... technically true. It skipped over the part where he got thrown into a wall, twice, and was generally a hindrance in the battle. It was important to relate the story to Serah that way because, otherwise, he'd be... embarrassed? He chided himself, and then chided himself for chiding himself. The mission was still on, there wasn't any time to sink into a mushy pile of guilt. And really, the person who he should be mad at isn't himself, it's ---

"I woke you up to see if you had any information on what happened inside the museum, but I guess you don't?" He stood a little straight as if trying to tower over Serah (they were nearly the same height, so...), "Taken totally unawares. Hm."

He wasn't being an rear end in a top hat. He was just paying back her accusation. That was fair, right?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: +2 | Danger: -2 | Saviour: +1 | Superior: +3 | Mundane: -1
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Angry, Hopeless | Location: Shooting logs

Using Genji's cyberdash, Romhack charges past Shi-No-Bi, punching her airborne from the momentum in the same motion.

"Hey there, ladies. How about we wrap this up?" she greets her teammates as she changes form into Hanzo, taking the time to high five Darkklaw. Shi-No-Bi's trajectory finally having caught up with her, she continues the combo by kicking her airborne! Int he same motion, she backflips, and the arrow begins to glow!

"Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!" Romhack yells out, and with that inchantation, the infamous twin dragons appear out of thin air with a thunderous roar, one of which snaps up the silent assassin and carries her ever forward and over the stairs!

Romhack, having changed into Tracer's form during this, blinks forwards, catching up as Shi-No-Bi finally gets released as the twin dragon's range has reached it limit, and the second Shi-No-Bi hits the floor, Romhack follows!

The two of them now on the floor, Shi-No-Bi has no chance to move before Tracers twin rapid-fire pistols are in her face!

"No need to interrupt your beauty sleep, darlin'!" she greets Serah, who has finally woken up. "We got this."


quote:

Romhack (Yami) - Today at 12:38 AM
Alright! Romhack's gonna put on a show!
/roll 2d6+3
SidekickBOT - Today at 12:39 AM
@Romhack (Yami): 2d6+3 = (2+4)+3 = 9
Naming Serah.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at May 23, 2017 around 23:09

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Freak: +0 | Danger: +1 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +2 | Mundane: +1
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: IT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG

"Hell yea!" I high-five Romhack back with my claw hand. Sweet! Now I've got her power! 'Cept I ain't gonna use it to turn inta anything lame, like she does. I'm gonna transform into somethin' super cool, an' use it ta kick some ninja butt! And maybe I can impress Ashe, too, while I'm at it!

Awright, let's do this! I just need ta think of a videogame character, right, and I'll turn into 'em, right? How hard can it be! If Romhack can do it, than so can I, and I'll make it even more awesome!

I make sure to strike a cool pose first, and yell out, "TRANSFORM!"

quote:

@DARKKLAW (Hugzilla): 2d6+1 NOW DARKKLAW IS PLAYING WITH POWER = (1+1)+1 = 3

Welp. Marking Potential!

Awright, now it's time ta finish the ninja off with my awesome new fo- Wait, when did everything get so big? An' why don't I have any arms or legs? An'.... why do I feel all squishy?



"...Oh GODDAMMIT!"

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at May 25, 2017 around 16:23

Scrree
Jan 15, 2008

the history of all dead generations,


Freak: +0 | Danger: -2 | Saviour: +3 | Superior: +0 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 5/5! | Conditions: Afraid! Guilty! Hopeless!| Location: HALCYON CITY MUSEUM

Suddenly, Shi-No-Bi fell from the sky! The ninja was followed by a gun-woman in tight spandex who,, hold on, given her unrealistic proportions, it was probably Romhack.

Great! If Romhack was willing to be so flashy, it probably meant that the others were okay. Still, while that move had been very impressive looking, Shi-No-Bi wasn't incapacitated. Not yet, at least.

"Hold her down, I'll restrain her!" Armor Witch yelled to his teammate. He slammed his helmet back in place, taking only the briefest second to make sure Sabbat was still in Serah's arms -- good, he was. He'd be safe there.

Armor Witch began to jog over to the pair, trying to get his hands on the ninja before she could pull any tricks. He kept his pace steady, resisting the urge to rush. There were eye's on him -- Romhack's, Serah's, even Shi-No-Bis, and in a couple minutes the senior Heroes would arrive. What Armor Witch wanted to show them a room of unhurt guests, a team of able junior heroes, and the two villains they'd incapacitated in battle. It'd be enough, he hoped, to outshine the stain of this whole debacle happening in the first place. Plus, it's not like the Heroes on the inside of the museum were blameless, letting themselves get incapacitated without resistance.

Assuming he could incapacitate Shi-No-Bi, he wouldn't need to defend his team's conduct before the League Superiors. Heck, they might even be generous enough to offer a reward or accreditation!

quote:

The Armor Witch (Scrree) - Today at 3:58 PM
/roll 2d6-3 #LET
SidekickBOT - Today at 3:58 PM
@The Armor Witch (Scrree): 2d6-3 LET = (1+4)-3 = 2
Marking Potential!

And as he let his mind wander, so did his feet.

slip

His left foot slide on a stray pastry. A brief moment of panic. He took the next step with his right foot harder, slamming it into the floor to regain balance.

slip!

He stepped on an entire cake!? How had he not seen it? He held out his arms to brace his fall, and landed in a big pile of frosting.

The sugary paste filled the visor of his helmet. Ah! It was lemon! The citrus in his eyes was agony. He tried to push himself up, but his hands were covered in slick icing, and they scrapped tractionless over the floor.

He needed to take it slow. He needed to be calm. But if there wasn't a dripping wall of frosting over his mouth, he'd be screaming.

I'll pick the advance later!

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage



Team CRIME SLIME Fun Time!

Ashe: Well, overall, that went pretty well! You showed Shi-No-Bi just what a Flame Dancer could do! And, as Romhack sent the ninja flying back downstairs, she gave you a look that essentially said, "You've got some serious chops, kid. I'll remember your face!"

Shi-No-Bi marks Angry and is Impressed!

Of course, your attention is drawn right back as DARKKLAW decides to tap into her totally stolen totally sweet new transformation powers! And... Oh my god. Is that not the cutest thing you've ever seen?

What do you do?

DARKKLAW CRIME SLIME: And transform you did! You're about a foot and a half tall, all jiggly and slimy, and you're not quite sure how to move very well. Well, it could be worse. Romhack's always flipping between forms, right? You just need to do the transform thing again and... Huh. It's not happening. Maybe you're outta transform juice? How are you even going to get any more if you don't have a sweet claw hand?

What do you do?

---

Team MAX BUBSY!

Romhack: Man, you're in fine form today! Sure, there's been a few minor scrapes and screw ups along the way, but it hasn't been your fault... But, uh, noticing anything missing? You're feeling way tapped out after that latest show, even if Serah is looking at you with eyes full of... Wait, no, she's looking at... What is Armor Witch doing? You're almost too distracted by the sight to notice the faint hint of smoke beneath you where Shi-No-Bi... Wait, that's not Shi-No-Bi at all! That's a log covered in ninja bombs! Holy poo poo!

Serah definitely noticed your show, but is a little too distracted to do anything at the moment! Also, your powers are near exhaustion! -1 forward to any moves involving your transformation powers!

What do you do?

Armor Witch: My friend, today has not been your day. All the same, you'll surely have your moment! Once you clean the delightful and, as it happens, incredibly painful confections out of your face. Of course, that little exchange with Serah earlier has got to be especially embarrassing now. Is there anything you can do to smooth things over?

Take -1 to your Legacy roll at the End of Session, since Serah is definitely telling the witches about this!

What do you do?

Scrree
Jan 15, 2008

the history of all dead generations,


Freak: +0 | Danger: -2 | Saviour: +3 | Superior: +0 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 5/5! | Conditions: Afraid! Guilty! Hopeless!| Location: Over THE BOMB

After a few moments of angry, futile struggling, Armor Witch accepted that he needed to move slowly to extract himself from the slick frosting. Carefully, he wiped clean his stuffed visor, revealing --

Where was Shi-No-BI? Was that a bomb!?

Something suddenly snapped within him. Or maybe something had been bending for a long time, and had finally bent too far? It didn't matter, he didn't care. What he needed to do right now was stop that bomb from hurting anyone else.

He ran. It was an awkward shuffling gait, with the treads on his boots filled with icing, but anything less embarrassing would've been slower. And that would be unacceptable.

Armor Witch didn't even slow down as he scoop the bomb directly into his chest. He paused for a second, a little surprised it didn't explode.

That gave him an opportunity to communicate. He turned towards Romhack and used his free hand to point away, towards where Shi-No-Bi likely fled. Follow her, he gestured.

Serah was watching. She looked... unimpressed, but she was family, she'd do him a favor, right? Armor Witch turned towards her and tried to yell, look after Sabbat for me!, but there was too much frosting still stuffed into his helm and mouth so it just came out, "Mmph ammph Mmmmnm Phoph mmm!". Well, he hoped she understood.

Then he fell on the bomb.

quote:

/roll 2d6+3 #Armor Witch Defends Everyone!
SidekickBOT - Yesterday at 9:18 PM
@The Armor Witch (Scrree): 2d6+3 Armor Witch Defends Everyone! = (5+1)+3 = 9
Making a reckless, self sacrificial action to Clear Guilty at the end of the scene, and Taking Influence over Romhack!

Suddenly he was in the air, spinning wildly upwards. It was odd, he could remember the explosion, but it didn't feel like it happened too him... Well, his armor was very good.

Well, he'd survived the bomb, but would he survive the fall? Armor Witch tried to catch sight of something soft to land on, but then chided himself. This was a Museum of Weapons, not a Museum of Beds. The best he could hope for was a hardwood floor, the worst...

His momentum upwards exhausted itself. Gravity pulled him downwards.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Freak: +0 | Danger: +0 | Saviour: +0 | Superior: +3 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: | Location: Outside the museum back entrance!

Um, okay, wow. What... what just happened? Did Rom just... steal her opponent? Seriously? She was having fun! She had this handled! There was no need to step in like you did all the work! She turned to give DarkKlaw a look. But DarkKlaw was not standing where she should be. She glanced left and right, and then caught motion out the corner of her eye.

There was a blue transparent blob on the floor.

It had eyes, and a face, and it was staring up at her, with an expression that could ether be confused sass, or cheeky amazement. It was cute. It was SO CUTE!! Ashe had a thing for unusual animals as pets. She'd always wanted a slime, ever since she fell into a pit with one. Carefully she knelt down and picked it up, cradling it to her chest. It took her a few moments to feel a familiar tingling. It was undoubtedly DarkKlaw.

DarkKlaw was now a slime.

And she'd got her resting on her chest.

Ashe coloured perceptively, and she held the creature at arms length. Clearing her throat self consciously.

"What... What happened? I mean... I've heard of people melting, but never in a literal sense." From the floor below, Ashe heard the sound of fuckery. Ninja fuckery to be precise. She ran, carrying the Slime (which seemed to be whispering 'crime slime' to itself.) Finding an over looking balcony, and what looked like Armour Witch jumping onto... something?

Oh Gods that's a bomb! Ashe started to move, but froze, as the Slime form of DarkKlaw started to sink around her hands. Slime's bodies were never very solid, and Ashe found both her hands sucked inside. The moment's distraction (and not wholly unpleasant sensation) sucked up the scant seconds before the bomb went off. Armour Witch started to fly. Ashe reacted in the only way she knew how. Slimes made wonderful impact cancellers, as she'd found out all those years ago.

"I am so apologising for this later." She said, and then swung her arms, hard! There was a *SHLUCK!* sound and Crime Slime flew skywards! Finding it's target on Armour Witch and creating a lovely gel barrier against the foul evil of the floor.

- - -

Spending 1 Team to boost Armour Witch's roll to a 10!

- - -

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: +2 | Danger: -2 | Saviour: +1 | Superior: +3 | Mundane: -1
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Angry, Hopeless | Location: 47 shots, one kill


Romhack was shocked for a moment. Armor Witch had a serious martyrer's complex, it seems. But still, she couldn't belp but respect his complete lack of hesitation to protect others.

Giving him a knowing nod, she dashes out of the explosion range before transforming again - This time into Widowmaker.

... and the transformation immediately breaks. Goddamnit. Couldn't her power hold up just a LITTLE bit longer?! Damnit, at this rate Shi-No-Bi is getting away!


quote:

Romhack (Yami) - Today at 5:55 PM
/roll 2d6+1 #Romhack unleashes to find Shi-No-Bi!
SidekickBOT - Today at 5:55 PM
@Romhack (Yami): 2d6+1 Romhack unleashes to find Shi-No-Bi! = (6+1)+1 = 8
actually a 6 - forgot about Hopeless.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Freak: +0 | Danger: +1 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +2 | Mundane: +1
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: CRYME TIME



Okay.

Okay, this is nowhere near as bad as it looks. Romhack does the whole transforming thing all the time, doesn't she? I'm sure I can do it, too! Alls I gotta is focus, annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnndddddddddddd nothing.

Alright, so I can't turn back into myself again. What about teleporting? Can I still teleport?

"Mmmmmmmmmrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhh!!!"

Nope, can't teleport.

Well, this sure effing blows.

Ugh, why'd this have ta happen in front'a Ashe? God, I must look so lame right now. Huh, I wonder why she's looking at me like that? "Whoa!" An' before I knew it, she picked me up, an' held me close to her chest. Really close. "Uh!" I could feel my entire slimy body heating up, an' turning red. I try my best to form words, but the only thing that comes out of my mouth are, "Um!" an' "Uh!"

I think she finally realized it was me when she held me at arm's length, "Uh, well... I, uh, 'borrowed' Romhack's power, an', well, this happened." We hear a commotion happening at the floor below us, an' Ashe runs to check it out, carrying me along with her.

...Ya know, maybe being a slime isn't all that bad. Sure, I can't teleport, an' I can't absorb powers, but I can probably slip into places I normally can't. I bet I can commit some crimes in this form, an' nobody'd ever suspect me! I'm just a cute, little, innocent slime, with the most innocent face.

I'd be a slime, that commits crime! "Crime Slime!"

"Huh? Apologize for whaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!" Ashe tosses me right at Armor Witch, causing me to collide right into him.

*SPLAT!*

"Ugghhhhh..." I slide out from underneath Armor Witch's body. It's a good thing my body's so squishy, or else that woulda been really painful. Doesn't make the experience suck any less, though. Getting squished under all that heavy armor left me feeling really disoriented. The whole world's spinning around me, as I stumble forward. I bump into Romhack's feet, and then fall back, and collapse into a little puddle of goo underneath her.

"Crime Slime... is all... crimed out..."

Teaming Romhack by giving her some of her power back via slime transfer! That makes her roll a success!

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at May 29, 2017 around 18:38

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: +2 | Danger: -2 | Saviour: +1 | Superior: +3 | Mundane: -1
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Angry, Hopeless | Location: 47 shots, one kill

Noticing the weird slime, she suddenly feels a rush of power.

Wait, that's Darkklaw!? Oh, that explains why she suddenly felt so powerless.

She attempts transforming again, and this time it works. "Thanks, ... Crime... Slime..."

"Personne n'échappe ŕ mon regard." she cries out, and suddenly, her teammates can spot people through walls as red silhouettes. How?

Don't ask. It's reality warping.

Since Shi-No-Bi is the only moving person, it's painfully easy to spot her.

"This way, everyone!" Romhack yells out, transforming into Genji once more as she chases after the ninja. "It won't last long!

Roll boosted to 7! I'll let it be unstable/temporary.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at May 30, 2017 around 17:26

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage



The Final Countdown!

All at once, it seemed as if everything happened. Armor Witch dramatically leaped on a bomb, saving the incapacitated crowd and the few pieces of surviving art in the main room. Ashe hurled DARKKLAW's newly diminutive and squishy form to break his fall. And Romhack? She was doing her level best to find the errant ninja. If only she had just a touch more power...! And that's when she felt DARKKLAW squish onto her feet and melt into a puddle.

With the sudden boost in power from an incredibly crimed-out slime, Romhack is easily able to pinpoint Shi-No-Bi's position. She's on the chandelier above you! It's coming down to the last moments before reinforcements arrive and it'd look pretty darn good if you had subdued two villains while the heroes inside had been caught off guard and incapacitated... And, you know, it looks like she's doing something to that chandelier. Can't be good, right?

Armor Witch: Ow, your everything. Good news? You've saved the day! You didn't die! Heck, Serah was probably really impressed by something you did for once! The bad news? You've still got one ticked-off ninja trying to bring down the house. What's the plan, leader?

What do you do?

Ashe: Right on! Your plan worked perfectly, but DARKKLAW seems a little... Well, she seems a little worse for the wear. You might need to make it up to her, right? Any ideas on how? What about Shi-No-Bi?

What do you do?

CRIME SLIME: Ow, your everything. You can feel your body slowly gathering back into your usual badass and beautiful DARKKLAW form, but it seemed like Ashe really liked holding you like that... Hm. Well, how are you feeling about the situation with Ashe, anyways? Any last minute plan to really impress her? Like, say, showing that ninja what for?

What do you do?

Romhack: Woof. You're gonna need to focus on keeping the tracker up if you don't want her to be able to slip away. But... are you really going to risk letting one of the others grab the final blow and get all the glory? What's the plan?

What do you do?

Tricky fucked around with this message at May 30, 2017 around 17:31

Scrree
Jan 15, 2008

the history of all dead generations,


Freak: +0 | Danger: -2 | Saviour: +3 | Superior: +0 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 5/5! | Conditions: Afraid! Guilty! Hopeless!| Location: Yelling At The Roof!

Armor Witch had survived the fall, that was good news! He was caked in frosting, that was expected news. He was always drenched in slime ooze, that was very unexpected news. "Thank you, Darkkl--... Crime Slime?" Just what had Darkklaw and Ashe been up too this whole time? And then Romhack yelled out something in French, and suddenly he could see Shi-No-Bi on top of the chandelier, and he lost it.

Or rather, lost several things.

The first was his helmet, which he hurled sloppily at Shi-Ni-Bi. It bounced harmlessly off the ceiling, disintegrating into ashes once it got far from his body, but the noise drew her attention to him. His uncovered face was splattered with icing and slime, but somehow still elluring. It was the kind of messy look one had when they completed a strenuous physical labor -- stained, but not conscious of it at all.

The second was his temper. "Who do!" clang, he pounded his gauntlets together, "You think!", clang, again, "We are!?" clang, a third time. "A chandelier!? You think dropping a chandelier will stop us? Are you trying to escape, or entertain a kindergarten class? We are -- let me tell you who we are."

He stepped between the rest of his team, gesturing towards them with a broad movement of his arms, "I am Morgan Delagrotte,

"The Armor Witch, the one with witch's arts bestowed\
"Otherworldly Ashe, who dances with sparkling flame\
"Redeemed DARKKLAW, who reaps justice from shadows\
"Renowned Romhack, master of one hundred thousand games\

A commonly known thing about witches is that, when they start to rhyme, something is going to happen.

"And we are the Guard Girls!" Armor Witch brought his gauntlet's together again, clang, ash and embers leaked from his armor, flowing up into the air above him, forming into something almost recognizable. "A bomb didn't stop us! A chandelier is not going to stop us! You're not going to get away! So," Once last time, louder than all the times before, he let his fists sing -- clang!

And the ash above him took shape,



"So get down here, now."

quote:

The Armor Witch (Scrree) - Today at 6:10 PM
/roll 2d6+3 #AW Yells at the Roof Ninja
SidekickBOT - Today at 6:10 PM
@The Armor Witch (Scrree): 2d6+3 AW Yells at the Roof Ninja = (6+3)+3 = 12
On a +10, they can choose one of the four options:
- do what you say
- get out of your way
- attack you at a disadvantage
- freeze

And no matter what Armor Witch takes +1 Forward against Shi-No-Bi.

Scrree fucked around with this message at May 30, 2017 around 23:28

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Freak: +0 | Danger: +1 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +2 | Mundane: +1
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: Serious Time!

I could feel the effects of the transformation wear off as I turn back into regular ol' DARKKLAW. I could stay as CRIME SLIME for a little while longer, but... nah, I think I'd rather take down a ninja instead.

"Yo, that was cool an' all, Morgy, but," I jump back up onto my feet, "But yellin' at her ain't gonna get her to give up," I tilt my head up to look at the ninja I spent most of the night fighting, with a serious look on my face, "Lemme handle this." I disappear in a cloud of purple smoke, an' re-appear on the chandelier.

"Hey," she gives me an irritated look, the kind of look that says "Not YOU again!", "Yea, I'm as tired of this as you are." here's no hint of my usual playfulness in my voice, "I think it's time for you an' me," I hold up my fists in front of me, and go into a boxing stance, the same boxing stance Brooke goes into when it's serious time for her, "To go for the final round."

SH-NO-BI tries to go for the first strike, but I slip out of the way, and hit her with a right hook to the face. I weave through her next attack, and counter with a few quick jabs. She's not the only trained fighter around here; I spent years learning how to box under Brooke, and I'm gonna use all I've learned to take her down! Every hit I make with my claw hand drains more and more of her speed, and increasing mine, until my fists are nothing but a blurr. She goes for one, last, desperate attack, but I duck underneath it. I plant my foot on the ground, rear my arm back, and BAM! Hit her with an uppercut that sends her flying off her feet, knocking her out. "Guess we know who the real bad rear end is around here now."

I fling the now-unconsious SH-NO-BI over my shoulder, and teleport us back down to where Morgy is. "Consider our little ninja problem solved."

quote:

@CRIME SLIME (Hugzilla): 2d6+1 DARKKLAW is going to punch the heck out of a ninja! = (3+3)+1 = 7

Gonna resist her blows!

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: +2 | Danger: -2 | Saviour: +1 | Superior: +3 | Mundane: -1
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Angry, Hopeless | Location: Nep Nep


Turning back into her "default" form of Neptunia, Romhack walks to Armor Witch, seeing as Dork Klaw finished off the ninja.

"First off, good god, don't call me that ever again, that sounds so incredibly dorky when you say it."

She walks up close, and a wide smile forms on her face. "Secondly... good work." Romhack tells him as she pats his shoulder. "Told you it'll work out if you attempt it from a different angle, didn't I? Now, come on. Put on a smile. For the cameras."



quote:

Romhack (Yami) - Today at 5:52 PM
/roll 2d6-3 #Romhack tries to comfort Armor Witch!
SidekickBOT - Today at 5:52 PM
@Romhack (Yami): 2d6-3 Romhack tries to comfort Armor Witch! = (5+6)-3 = 89, because I forgot about influence
damnit... usual comfort options for AW, it is.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Freak: +0 | Danger: +0 | Saviour: +0 | Superior: +3 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: | Location: Outside the museum back entrance!

Ashe picked up the fallen relics carefully. Placing them back in their broken cases. She bowed in front of them, whispering a small prayer to the dragons. Such artifacts were living things. And one should never ignore or disrespect them. With that done. Ashe turned back, heading down into the main room, where Dark Claw had just finished punching out Shi-No-Bi. Amazing! She'd been worried about that! Clearly she needed to congratulate her, and the team, but mostly her! She skipped her way across to the others.

"Hey, DarkKlaw! We-"

- - -

SidekickBOT - Today at 7:22 PM
@Ashe (Arashi): 2d6+1 Ashe comforts and supports DK! = (3+1)+1 = 5
+1 potential

- - -

Ashe felt her foot skip out from under her, she felt herself fly forwards. Right at DarkKlaw! This.... this was going to suck

Scrree
Jan 15, 2008

the history of all dead generations,


Freak: +0 | Danger: -2 | Saviour: +3 | Superior: +0 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 0/5! | Conditions: Afraid! Guilty! Location: Messy As Heck.

Armor Witch let the briefest flash of surprise roll over his face at Romhack's words. Honestly, he'd kind of been throwing a tantrum, "Are you serious?" Doh! What a goofy thing to say! If she looked and sounded serious, she was probably serious. A slight blush rose to his cheeks, "Er, I mean, the advice you gave me was good, so it's no surprise that when I followed it, things worked out." He reflexively brought his fingers together in a twiddling motion.

Clearing Hopeless because there's a lot of places we can go from here, baby!

squish. That was odd, normally his gauntlet go clank. He looked down at his hand. His fingers were covered in Crime Slime's criminal slime. Armor Witch showed it to Romhack, "Maybe we should clean up before the others arrive...?"

To his side, there was a loud crash as Ashe slipped on the frosting. She was heading right towards Darkklaw! Oh. Well, at least he wouldn't be the only messy one...

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage



Reinforcements Arrive!

Even as Armor Witch's words hang in the air and DARKKLAW and Ashe meet an all-too-sweet fate, the long-promised reinforcements finally arrive dramatically through the front door. You immediately notice the forms of Justice Claw, Paladin, and Artemis. They stop, clearly shocked by the state of the museum, and their eyes settle on Armor Witch and Romhack.

As the silence stretches to an incredibly awkward degree, Justice Claw finally says, "...So what the hell happened here?"

Serah, still holding Sabbat, walks over, "The place was like this when I came to. There was... something in the refreshments, we didn't stand a chance. If it wasn't for the Guard Girls..." She doesn't exactly finish her thought, but the adult heroes look somewhat surprised by the admission.

Paladin nods sagely, "Villains often strike in cowardly manners, it would seem that we all must endeavor to remain on our guard. Even in times of celebration."

Artemis, still scanning the premises, finally lowers her rifle, "It looks like the perimeter is secure. We saw Demonfist outside. What's the status of the rest of the opposition?"

Romhack, Armor Witch: It looks like they want an overview of what happened. Who steps up to provide it? What do you think about Serah stepping up to bat for the Guard Girls?

What do you do?

Ashe, DARKKLAW: The bad news? You two are more tangled up than ever - to say nothing of Shi-No-Bi who is also in the pile - and there's no way you're going to look impressive if the reinforcements notice you. The good news? You're pretty well camouflaged in your sweets-based coating and it doesn't look like they're looking your way...

What do you do?

This is going to be the final prompt before we transition to the next issue!

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: +2 | Danger: -2 | Saviour: +1 | Superior: +3 | Mundane: -1
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: Angry, Hopeless | Location: Nep Nep


Romhack strikes a pose before the assembled senior heroes.



"Hi there! Sorry for calling you in only to end up finishing up before you arrive, but... you know." Romhack starts off. "Better safe than sorry."

She turns around to look at Darkklaw, only to have lost track of her in all this cake. "Well, it started off when Demon Fist started throwing people - and cars - around without any warning whatsoever, while Shi-No-Bi split off to sneak off into the building."

Taking a short breather, she continues. "We similarily split up. Ashe and Darkklaw ran into Pâtissier, going by our surroundings.. Anyway, I beat Demon Fist senseless in between making sure nobody's getting crushed by any cars. We then followed in right after, but at that point Pâtissier already escaped in the confusion as Shi-No-Bi went to the upper levels for the weapons."

Having finished that part, she continues. "Which means we've got both Demon Fist and Shi-No-Bi ready to get locked up, but Pâtissier's still on the loose."


quote:

Romhack (Yami) - Today at 12:03 AM
/roll 2d6+3 #Romhack reports to the senior heroes!
SidekickBOT - Today at 12:03 AM
@Romhack (Yami): 2d6+3 Romhack reports to the senior heroes! = (2+6)+3 = 11

Your report will bring you an opportunity from a senior hero, your report frames you, in particular, as a successful and noteworthy hero of the city; mark potential, and you don’t anger or upset a senior hero with your conduct.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Jun 1, 2017 around 10:07

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Freak: +0 | Danger: +0 | Saviour: +0 | Superior: +3 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: | Location: Outside the museum back entrance!


Ashe slammed into DarkKlaw, throwing the two girls into a pile of cake, hiding them completely. In the darkness of their cakey hiding place, Ashe tried to work out where she'd landed. She was holding onto DarkKlaw, she knew that much. She smelt like DarkKlaw anyway. But it wasn't exactly bright enough for her to make out where her hands were. She gave an experimental squeeze. Stomach maybe? She froze as the doors slammed open. "Quick, teleport us back up to the balcony!" she hissed. The trio disappear back up to the balcony. Finally Ashe could see.

See that she was taking a full handed hold of DarkKlaw's chest.

Ashe gulped, red rising on her cheeks. She let's go... hesitantly. She catches DarkKlaw's eye and a shy smile spreads across her face. She wipes some of the cake off of DarkKlaw's face.

"S-Sorry" She says. "I-I wasn't t-thinking of flinging myself at you until we got home... The cake disagrees apparently. Y-You're not hurt are you?" Ashe joked, but it was clear she was worried by what just happened and obviously embarrassed, if hopeful for a positive response.

Voices raise up from the room below. Romhack's explanation of what went on. Ah, that must be the reinforcements. She looked back. Trying to remove some of the cake, make herself as presentable as possible. She'd have to make a report. Tell them about what happened with the baker. She took a few deep breaths. Glancing back at DarkKlaw

"Kiss for luck?"

- - -

SidekickBOT - Today at 11:29 AM
@Ashe (Arashi): 2d6+3 Ashe reports to the heroes = (6+4)+3 = 13

• you convince the senior heroes to see your team according to a Label of your choice [picking Savior]
• your report frames you, in particular, as a successful and noteworthy hero of the city; mark potential
• you don’t anger or upset a senior hero with your conduct

- - -

Ashe walked down the stairs. "Sorry for the delay, making sure that the relics that Shi-No-Bi stole were put back in their proper place!" She gave a bright smile, and (carefully) walked across to the gathering. "All the hostages are present and accounted for. Pâtissier made an attempt to plant a fake bomb, and escape with the hostages. A mix of heroes and people of influence. I chased her down. You'll find roughly 24 destroyed gingerbread goons, outside the back door. I was able to rescue those she was trying to kidnap. She took a shot at one of them, and I stepped in the way. But it was a gumshot. So she tracked me, and made her escape while I broke free. I don't know where she escaped too. But I do have this doll." She pulled out the doll from the bomb. "It's charged with her essence, so it's possible to track her using magic. After that I came back to help DarkKlaw who was fighting Shi-No-Bi one on one. The ninja was attempting to use stolen weapons's of Myth to break into one of the vaults. But we stopped her. With Armour Witch distracting Shi-No-Bi from dropping a chandelier on everyone, and DarkKlaw used the distraction to knock her out cold. Everyone took every step we could to protect both hero and civilian." She gave a thumbs up. "Guard Girls go!"

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at Jun 1, 2017 around 17:39

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Freak: +0 | Danger: +1 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +2 | Mundane: +1
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: Serious Time!

I teleport us out of the pile of cakes, like Ashe asked me to... an' that's when I notice she's got her hand on my chest this time. My cheeks get as red as hers, an' go even redder when she mentions she was planning on flinging herself at me. "I'm..." I gulp, "I'm fine! Totally fine! As fine as could be! Boy, is it just me, or did it get a little hot in here!?" I laugh, nervously.

Before things could get even more awkward, I hear a familiar voice in the floor below us. Oh poo poo, is that Artemis!? Oh, hell, it is! She must've shown up to check on me. I was totally planning on ditching the place, but I can't now that she's here. Artemis... was the only hero who believed in me. Everyone else wanted ta lock me up, but she fought hard to make sure that wouldn't happen. She put her whole career on the line for me, an' I don't even know why. Why would she go out of her way ta help a "troublemaking mutant" like me? I jus' don't get it.

"Huh? A k-k-kiss? Uh, o-o-o-okay." I kiss Ashe, in the most awkward way possible. Look, I never said I was a good kisser, alright!?

We make our way down, and I speak up once Ashe was done speaking, "Yea, we kicked some serious rear end! Oh, man, ya should've seen it! SH-NO-BI never stood a chance against us! She tried using those stolen weapons against us, but we took 'em back, and kicked her ninja butt! She tried ta run away, but me, bein' the hero that I am now, couldn't let her do that, so I gave her a coupla these," I jab the air a few times, "An' a coupla these," I throw out a right cross, "An' then BAM!" I mimic the uppercut I used ta knock her out, "She was down fer the count! So, yea, we kicked some serious bad guy butt, an' we ended up saving the day, too!"

I not-so-subtly glance at Artemis, trying to see what's her reaction to my story. Oh gosh, oh gosh, oh gosh, I hope that's enough to impress her!

quote:

@CRIME SLIME (Hugzilla): 2d6+2 DARKKLAW is reports to the heroes! (But she's mostly trying to impress Artemis) = (6+3)+2 = 11

• your conduct wins a senior hero over; take Influence over them
• your report frames you, in particular, as a successful and noteworthy hero of the city; mark potential
• you don’t anger or upset a senior hero with your conduct

Scrree
Jan 15, 2008

the history of all dead generations,


Freak: +0 | Danger: -2 | Saviour: +3 | Superior: +0 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 0/5! | Conditions: Afraid! Guilty! Location: Present and Accounted For!

With the rest of the team giving such thorough reports, Armor Witch felt the temptation of just staying quiet and slipping away. Did he really need to tell three senior heroes, including Paladin -- The Paladin! -- about all of his failures today? No. So why not just affirm what the other's said, and move on?

But there was more than mushed cake sticking Armor Witch's feet to the floor. He stepped up to the heroes and looked them in the eye, "As the others reported, when Demonfist and Shi-No-Bi stormed the front of the museum I ordered the team split in half. I had no knowledge of Pâtissier's involvement at the time, and the fact that Ashe and Darkklaw performed so well despite her involved is a testament to their prowess as heroes."

"And," Armor Witch took a shuddering breath, "I... To put it bluntly, if it wasn't for Romhack, I wouldn't be standing here before you right now." Armor Witch's gaze drop from the heroes to his own hands; if Paladin's expression changed to disappointment, he wouldn't be able to continue speaking, so he just needed to not be able to see her face. "I tried to engage Demonfist in combat several times, but each time we clashed I was thrown back. He was just.... too much... If Romhack hadn't," Armor Witch's voice hitched, "If Romhack hadn't saved the civilians, and me, by single-handedly overcoming Demonfist it would've been a lot worse out there. My own efforts were... I managed to have an innocent from a falling wall, but..." Armor Witch shook his head, not technically a lie, but why did he feel the need to boost himself? This wasn't about him, it was about her.

"In the battle against Demonfist, Romhack was a Hero the people of Halcyon city could rely on. I... hope to learn much from her example."

He finally found the courage to raise his eyes, but they didn't go to the senior heroes. Instead, they sought out Romhack. His words had been honest, his feelings a little tumultuous, his face a little red. How would she react?

quote:

The Armor Witch (Scrree) - Today at 7:31 PM
/roll 2d6+3 #AW Supports Romhack as a thanks for keeping him alive!
SidekickBOT - Today at 7:31 PM
@The Armor Witch (Scrree): 2d6+3 AW Supports Romhack as a thanks for keeping him alive! = (4+2)+3 = 9
Clear, Shift, Mark! You know the drill!

Scrree
Jan 15, 2008

the history of all dead generations,


Freak: +0 | Danger: -2 | Saviour: +3 | Superior: +0 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 0/5! | Conditions: Afraid! Guilty! Location: ~In the Future~

Shortly After Romhack and the Heroes' Reaction to AW's speech,

It was over, at last. Armor Witch couldn't wait to get back home, rinse the cake and goo off his body, and tell mom and dad about this crazy day--

The thought shattered his fantasy like a hammer. He turned back towards the senior heroes, a little frantic, "Hey! I mean, excuse me, it's just, during the battle with Demonfist a girl approached me saying she'd be separated from her mother. I brought her to a group of civilians, but given the situation, there was no way to reunite the pair. No one looking for their child approached us before we entered the museum, so,," Armor Witch bit his lip, the next words coming out as whispers, "There weren't any causalities out front, were there?" The worry that the girl and her mother might never have an opportunity to reunite was plain on his face.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: +2 | Danger: -2 | Saviour: +1 | Superior: +3 | Mundane: -1
Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: Angry, Hopeless | Location: Nep Nep


Romhack's face changes as she listens to Armor Witch. It's a mixture of worry and gratefulness, a bitter smile. "I appreciate it, Armor Witch, but... there's no reason to undersell yourself like that. You did save everyone here present from a bomb. That takes real courage." she replies, half to Armor Witch, half to the heroes present. "So get that gloom and doom off your face. Ice cream later? My treat."


Marking potential!

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage



All's Well That Ends Well!

The reports go off without a hitch! You think you see a few faint smiles when you really sell yourself, but between Serah's testimony and the fact that nobody really got hurt — the museum was a bit wrecked, but you did save it from getting blown up — they seem content to let you have your moment in the spotlight. You spend a little less than an hour working with the senior heroes to clean up some of the damage and ensure that everyone is transferred to a medical center for a full check-up. During which...

Romhack: After about fifteen minutes, Justice Claw pulls you aside for a private chat. He says, "You did good today, kid. I knew you had the right stuff. Hey, uh, listen." He looks back and forth to make sure nobody is watching. "I've heard you've had a few run-ins with Oni Mask. Officially, her team is here representing the Panasian Heroic League, so we need to play nice. Unofficially? We've got our suspicions. It'd be a little dicey, but if you could get us some info..." He slips you a communicator-compatible data chit. "The Alliance would make it well worth your time. Maybe you could suggest a joint op with 'em to your team?"

Justice Claw offers an opportunity for a secretive mission with lucrative rewards!

Ashe and DARKKLAW: You two find yourself working with Artemis, sweeping the building for any surprises that Shi-No-Bi or Pâtissier might have left behind. Speaking of which... Ashe, did you ever read that invitation that Pâtissier gave you? If so, what did it say? Regardless, the sweep ends up clean and you find yourselves standing in front of the weapon that Shi-No-Bi was trying to steal. It's a beautiful sword, plunged into a stone. Artemis shakes her head, "So she was after the sword in the stone itself, huh? I told the Alliance that putting this thing out on display would be trouble, but..." A wry grin crosses her face. "drat good thing you lot were here to stop her, huh?" She ruffles DARKKLAW's hair. "You did good, kiddo. I knew you had what it takes."

As you wrap up, you notice her looking at the Sparrow with a keen eye. She looks at it thoughtfully, "You know, the construction of this looks pretty similar to a stash of future-tech I confiscated in a bust a few months back. Bet it'd be a real pain if this beauty gets banged up, huh? Tell you what, I'll send 'em your way and maybe you can let me take her for a ride some time." Artemis pats Ashe on the back heartily.

Artemis offers some useful future-tech parts and materials to Ashe and gives influence to DARKKLAW!

Armor Witch: You and Paladin end up working the outside perimeter and coordinating with response crews. And, of course, you see that formerly-crying child hugging the woman you can only assume to be her mother. Aww. The first twenty minutes are little more than a blur, but eventually everyone seems to understand where resources need to be allocated and you have a chance to chat. Paladin starts the conversation, perhaps surprisingly. She says, "It sounds as though you had a tough day, Armor Witch. Being a leader is never easy." She lets that sit a moment. "I must admit, though, that you've impressed me. Not many would sacrifice themselves so readily for the good of others. Just... remember this." Paladin meets your gaze. "You are irreplaceable. Only you can decide what your justice is."

Paladin is telling you how the world works...? Shift labels: +Any/-Any.

Everyone: Afterwards, you're officially free to go. What did you think about all that? What's your go-to after a tough mission? How are you going to spend your downtime?

Alright! Resolve End of Issue moves and feel free to combine sharing a celebration or weakness in that narrative.

Tricky fucked around with this message at Jun 4, 2017 around 15:45

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Freak: +0 | Danger: +0 | Saviour: +0 | Superior: +3 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: | Location:

Ashe felt a little nostalgic. Clearing rooms like she was back being a rebel gorilla. Checking for traps, and bad guys. She almost enjoyed it. It was nice working with another gunner. And also DarkKlaw. Thought it was a little difficult to focus when she was in the room. She'd never felt so self-conscious wearing this skintight body suit. On the other hand, it did make her look amazing. They arrived at the final room. This sword in the Stone. Ashe wasn't super impressed by it. What use was a sword in a stone? Where was the magical labyrinth of traps surrounding it? Or the ethereal spector guard ready to fight the potentially worthy?

She read the little card. The sword was used to pick kings? No, a specific king. Huh. Neat. She'd never been one for swords. But maybe Prince Tamrick would like it? Oh.....

Ashe shook the thought from her head. There was other things to worry about right now. She glanced at Artemis as she started speaking. Ashe too a comfortable position, leaning back and resting against the Sparrow. A smile on her face as DarkKlaw got some praise. Good, she did a great job! She owed her a bit of congratulations as well, and some apologies. She jumped as Artemis looked her way, looking back at the sword. Wait... why? It wasn't like she was in trouble... she turned her head back and met the older hero's eye. Then she did something Ashe never expected. She offered her potential godly artifacts.

Ashe's eyes went wide! The Sparrow was a relic of the Gods. So was her weapons spell. The idea that they would have something like that.... She was still wearing her shocked expression when Artemis patted her on the back. She turned and quickly dropped to one knee, one hand over her heart. Head down, eye's on the floor.

"I-I'm not worthy o-o-of such an offer! But if you w-would give them. I have n-no choice but t-t-to accept!" She stammered. Not realising she'd gone straight to a pose of respect given to Lords back home. The realisation hit her, and a blush hit her cheeks. But she stayed where she was. She probably looked like a fool. But this was a relic of the gods. It didn't matter if you were faithful or not. You showed respect to those who bore the God's gifts.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage



Ashe, DARKKLAW: Artemis seems a little confused by Ashe's reaction and looks questioningly at DARKKLAW. After a moment, she shakes her head, smiles and pats Ashe on the shoulder, "Of course you're worthy, Ashe. I wouldn't have offered if I thought otherwise. Besides, it'd be a shame for them to just sit in Alliance impound." She runs a finger across the Sparrow's smooth curves. "I have a feeling you might need it. Call it..." She grins. "Experience talking. Not everyone you fight is going to share that same appreciation for such a beauty."

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Freak: +0 | Danger: +1 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +2 | Mundane: +1
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: Serious Time!

"Oh, uh, it's no big deal!" I put my hands on my hips, and puff up my chest, "I was jus' doin' what any hero would do!" I try to play it cool, but I can't hide the big, goofy smile on my face right now. Yea, I did do a good job, didn't I? Oh, sure, I smashed up a bunch of expensive poo poo, but it's not like anything I smashed was important! What is important is that we stopped the bad dudes, and we did a drat good job doing it!

...Huh? Why the heck is Ashe reacting like that? "H-hey! C-calm down, Ashe! Don't say that about yerself! Artemis is right, yer totally worthy, an' she ain't the type a person who'd lie about that! You're like, super worthy! You're the worthiest person I know! So, uh..." my voice drops as I struggle to find something to say, "D-don't put yerself down like that, o-okay?"

quote:

@CRIME SLIME (Hugzilla): 2d6+2 Comforting Ashe (+1 from influence) = (6+4)+2 = 12

Ashe gets the usual, and I'll choose to add a Team to the pool!

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at Jun 5, 2017 around 18:26

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Freak: +1 | Danger: +0 | Saviour: +0 | Superior: +3 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: | Location:

- - -

Adding +1 Potential
4/5 Potential
- - -

Ashe blushed, embarrassed at the reaction. "You don't understand! The Sparrow is an relic of the gods! I nearly died proving I was worthy of it! To have something like that offered so casually...." She says a little too quickly. Then she shakes her head. "Sorry... maybe they're not so rare to the people of this world. But to me... they're priceless." She spoke earnestly, honestly. But she did stand back up. "I accept your gift, Lady Artem-" She winced as she caught herself using honorifics. Even after all this time being free, she still couldn't break the old habits of the slave-girl. "Um, I-I mean, Artemis, I would be honoured, I shall use it with pride." Archaic address. "Umm, I-I'd be really g-grateful..... I'm j-just going to s-stop talking now..."

Ashe shuffled over to DarkKlaw, and places her head on her shoulder, taking a moment to compose herself. Before turning back around, and took a deep breath. "Uhhh... Is there anything else we need to do here? I'd like to go and take a bath. I'm kinda...sticky." She gestured to the hardened cake mixture still clinging to her.

Oh, yeah, speaking of cake. She pulled out the muffin. Picking the card from the top.

quote:

Dear Hero.

You are cordially invited to a tea party.
[Address here] 12pm
Evening wear only.

The Pâtissier

Okay, it was a trap. It had to be a trap. She'd share that with the rest of the team later.

She looked back to her teammate. "If you're ready to go, I can give you a lift home." She offered to DarkKlaw, a smile flickering across her face.

.....

Ashe was flying maybe a little faster they she would do normally. But she did have DarkKlaw's arms around her waist. Heart hammering against her ribcage in the privicy of the Sparrow's pilot seat. She was trying to work out how to ask for DarkKlaw to join her in the bath (There was a lot of cake mix in her hair! She totally needed help getting that out! Nothing to do with being naked with her, no sirree! Definitely no fantasies about having DarkKlaw take control of the situation, and letting her hands wander. No! NOTHING OF THE SORT!)

"Hey.... Thanks for cheering me on. It means a lot to me. Knowing you were there when that baker stuck me to the wall. That was a pretty scary moment for me..." she started. Was this really want she was starting with? Well, in for a penny in for a pound. "I've got this mark on me. A curse. I lose all my strength when I'm tied up. I get this voice in my head, it tries to make me surrender, to give in. Pâtissier managed to trigger it. I used to be a slave... it's how they controlled us...." Oh god she was killing the mood. Quick! "So! I was super glad to have you close! Knowing you'd probably save me, you know?" She giggled nervously. "I mean, I wouldn't mind... if it was you who tied me up...." Ashe registered the worlds about 3 seconds too late after they came out of her mouth. "....aaaaand I'm just... gonna... shut up..... ohgodIalwaystalktoomuchwhenI'mnervious,youknow?"

- - -

Sharing a weakness with DarkKlaw!
- When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, they tell you what you should do to fit in more. Take +1 forward to do it, and mark potential if you do

Growing Closer to DarkKlaw! DarkKlaw can shift Ashe's Lables.
+1 Potential!
5/5 Potential
Rearrange your Labels as you choose, and add +1 to a Label [Adding to Freak, Freak now at +1]

Scrree
Jan 15, 2008

the history of all dead generations,


Freak: +1 | Danger: -2 | Saviour: +3 | Superior: -1 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 0/5! | Conditions: Afraid! Guilty! Location: In Front of PALADIN HOLY MOLY

Armor Witch met Paladin's gaze with every iota of composure left in his body, "...Thank you, those words mean a lot to me, and, I understand."

Inside, he was squealing, howling wildly into the privacy of his own mind. He'd impressed Paladin? THE PALADIN SAID THAT HE'D IMPRESSED HER!?!?! And he was IRREPLACEABLE!? He wanted that to be his new hero name -- Irreplaceable Witch. Why did she think that? Was it because the armor he summoned was so incredibly sturdy, or, or was it being the only male witch in the family? He'd always been kind of... scared by that fact before, but if he turned his perspective around, it really did make him one of a kind.

If Armor Witch was a little older, or thought a little harder about Paladin's words, he would've realized, oh, everybody is irreplaceable.

But,

Shift +1 Freak/-1 Superior!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: +2 | Danger: -2 | Saviour: +1 | Superior: +3 | Mundane: -1
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Angry, Hopeless | Location: Nep Nep

Romhack takes the data chit. "I'll have to discuss it with the others beforehand. I'll get back to you later." she replies to Justie Claw with a smile. "Thanks for the vote of confidence, though."

-------

A little bit later

Romhack finds Armor Witch again. "Hey there! You still up for some celebratory ice-cream?" she asks, playfully.


Sharing a triumphant celebration with AW!

When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, say whether it’s part of the show or
not. If it is, then you can shift your Labels as you choose. If it is not, then they shift your Labels,
and you can clear a condition or mark potential.
- it's not! After all, this is (meant to be) at least a little private moment. AW gets to shift my labels!

Also, due to the teamup, Romhack feels a lot closer to Armor Witch, since she feels she got a better grasp on him as a person. As such, he gets Influence over me AGAIN (triggering a second label shift), and I mark potential.

  • Locked thread