Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«3 »
  • Locked thread
Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Freak: +0 | Danger: +1 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +2 | Mundane: +1
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: Awkward time!

I hang on tight to Ashe as we fly in the Sparrow, trying to think of... well, anything ta say, but I'm too nervous to speak. I want to ask her what she meant when she said she was "planning on throwing herself at me," but I'm not sure how. O-oh God, she can't be talking about- No way! She just means more kissing, right? Right!? Oh man, oh man, oh man, what if was talking about that? I've never even done it before! poo poo, I haven't even kissed anybody until a few hours ago! What do I even do!?

"O-oh! D-d-don't worry about it! Friends are supposed ta help each other out, ya know!?" Wait, do we still count as 'friends,' or are we more than that now? Before I could think about it, Ashe starts sharing more of her troubles with me. She used to be a slave? That's... wow. And then she starts panicking before I could say anything. "Hey, hey, hey, come on Ashe. Ya don't need ta be nervous around me," I say, even though I'm feeling incredibly nervous myself now, "Look, the whole curse thing sucks, but ya can't let it control you. Life's too short, ya know? Ya gotta learn ta live a little, an' enjoy life while ya can. Ya can't let fear take ya over, and besides, yer not alone, ya know? Ya got me, an' I'll help ya out anyway I can. Ya don't have to deal with this alone anymore."

"Tell ya what, how about we grab a few beers an' chill at my place for a while? Uh... if ya don't mind, anyways..."

Growing Closer to Ashe. She gets to shift my labels. I'm shifting her Mundane Up, and her Danger Down.

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at Jun 6, 2017 around 20:38

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrree
Jan 15, 2008

the history of all dead generations,


Freak: +1 | Danger: -2 | Saviour: +3 | Superior: -1 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 1/5! | Conditions: None! Location: Ice Cream

"Uhh." Morgan takes a quick look around. The other half of the team was already gone, and the senior heroes seemed to have everything under control. "I guess our job is done here, then? Yeah. Ice Cream sounds nice."

And they head off to the nearest Ice Cream place...

>>>

One Minute from the Museum...

"Wait." Morgan stops their walk, "I forgot something at the Museum! I'll be right back, just, one or two minutes at most!" With a deeply concerned look on his face, the young hero runs back to the museum.

>>>

Four Minutes Later...

"Sorry!" Morgan is running as fast as he could back towards Romhack. Bouncing unhappily in his arms is a dumb-looking cat.



He skids to halt as he reached Romhack, "This..." huff "Is Sabbat..." puff "my cat..." Morgan places a hand on his throat and took a deep breath, trying to recollect his composure after sprinting back and forth between the Museum. "He's supposed to be at my house, but he just wandered into the battle... Serah took him for safekeeping after we entered the museum, but," No luck, his composure was fully gone, "when I asked for him back she was such a pill about it! She made me bargain for my own cat! It's, it's like, aren't you my cousin? How am I related to someone so selfish!?"

Sabbat climbs out of his arms and takes perch on Morgan's shoulder, gracefully holding it's balance as it's master fumes. "First, she's the one who gets to replace Adele for the party. Then she doesn't noticed the spiked cake and gets knocked out, and then the first thing she does when she wakes up is ask what I did wrong! Can you believe it? Then you invite me out for Ice Cream, and I just want to go grab my cat, and then she delays me and makes me look like," he pauses, finally recognizing how petulant he looks, "like, I'm... tardy?"

Morgan lets out a long sigh, and puts a hand over his face to hide the growing blush, "I'm sorry. I don't like to whine. It's just, being around Serah always gets me riled up, because...." He takes a second to really look at Romhack. Can he trust her? Oh god, she saved his life like three times today, of course he could trust her! "Me and her, we're kind of... rival claimants? You know my Aunt Adele, the awesome hero, right? Well, officially she's still the successor to the family leadership, but unofficially," Morgan lowers his voice to a conspiratorial level, "Adele has told the family she won't take the position. Too much trouble, or something? And that means that right now there's no heir. Me and Serah are just about the same age of Great Granny when she first stepped out of the shadows and made a name as a hero. A lot of eyes are on the two of us." Then he frowns, "Or, her, really, 'cause I'm a boy witch and that's not really normal."

"So when I look at her I see a family member I know I'm supposed to love, but also someone who might take something I want from me. And that's me feel..." He struggles for a word, "bad."

There is a moment of silence as his admission sits in the air.

Sharing a Moment of Vulnerability with Romhack! Informing her of the Secret Delagrotte Succession Crisis! Giving her influence over Armor Witch and clearing a condition. Also, Clinging to Romhack as my end of issue action! Giving her Influence over Armor Witch and marking potential!

Romhack may shift Armor Witch's Labels x2!


...

Sabbat meows.

"Oh!" Morgan takes a slip of paper and presents it to Romhack, "The only way I could get Serah to give up Sabbat was to promise her I could get her your autograph... She was really impressed with that move you pulled on Shi-No-Bi." He also takes out a pen, "You're a real celebrity, so I'm sure you're used to signing your own name, haha." Oh god, that was so lame, the blush was coming back, "If you wouldn't mind..."

Shifting Romhack's Labels +Freak/-Savior, as Armor Witch realizes she's famous in a way he's not used to dealing with!

edit: Also shifting labels +Mundane/-Freak, because actually asking him out for Ice Cream is a pretty normal thing for her to do.

Scrree fucked around with this message at Jun 6, 2017 around 22:56

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: +3 | Danger: -2 | Saviour: -0 | Superior: +3 | Mundane: -1
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Angry, Hopeless | Location: Nep Nep

Romhack laughs heartily. "Sounds like you had quite the adventure on your quest for your cat."

She then takes a look around. "I'm not sure if this really is the place to talk about your family troubles, but honestly you shouldn't worry so much. There's a german phrase I like to quote - 'Es ist noch kein Meister vom Himmel gefallen.' Roughly translated, it means 'No master has yet fallen from heaven.' I don't think your great grandma was the amazing, powerful, secure hero she is now when she first stepped into the spotlight either. This is one of the things you've got to grow into."

Taking the paper, she looks back towards the museum. "Can't let down a fan, now can I. I'll need a moment, could you go find us a nice place to sit?"

Using the wall as a support for writing, she writes on the piece of paper.


quote:

Hi Serah!

I heard you wanted an autograph, but figured I'd go beyond that.

First off, you're pretty famous yourself! I was kind of surprised to get asked for an autograph by another celebrity, haha. Glad to hear you liked my performance, though!

But there is something I want to ask of you. Be nicer to your cousin, would you? It's true that he isn't as powerful as you or me, but he's trying very hard. And it is a matter of fact that you can't really change what power you are born with - if any. And consider this - despite the difference in power, it was you who took a cakenap, not him. It's not just talent that makes the hero!

But, I'm drifting off here - all I'm saying is, please play nice you two!

Love, Romhack.


Following that, she wraps the paper into some more paper. ... No need for Armor Witch to see her be a bleeding heart. But still, Romhack couldn't deny that she took a liking to the boy. He was so delightfully mundane beneath all that magic. In a way, it was very endearing.

Finally, she shut off her transformation, now with only the mask and a still very stylish (and perhaps a little TOO form-fitting...) catsuit with a depiction of Neptune, which she deliberately turned into the "iconic" form of her hero identity.



Yes, outside of her transformation, she had THIS as her "insignia".

It was very much meant as a joke, especially since most of the time she uses Neptune as her 'disguise', but right now she couldn't help but think that Armor Witch was nearly certain not to get the joke, and just be distracted by it's goofiness. Regardless, she'd chosen to drop the transformation both to recharge her power a bit, and to attract less attention.

As such, she hoped that her good looks would distract Armor Witch better than the goofy face on her chest.

Walking up to Armor Witch, she greets him in her real body for the first time.



(as a reminder)

"Hey there! It's me. Sorry for taking so long." she tells AW, as she hands him the wrapped up piece of paper. "I ended up writing a bit more than my name just it. ... Please don't look. It's a bit personal."

Sitting down, she reaches out to Sabbat. She chuckles as she pets the cat eagerly. "What a derpy looking cat! So cute."

Forgot the shifts! Whoops, Freak up, Superior down, then Mundane up, Freak down.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Jun 8, 2017 around 21:55

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Freak: +1 | Danger: -1 | Saviour: +0 | Superior: +3 | Mundane: +1
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: | Location:

- - -

DK shifts Freak -1 Saviour +1

- - -

Ashe pauses, and nods. "Yeah...I'd like that." She didn't say that the mark was a literal control on her life. It's whole purpose was enslavement. It punished the disobedient with pain, and it rewarded those that gave in with good feelings. She was just happy to have someone on her side. Hell, she was happy just to have someone who seemed to like her. DarkKlaw getting shy around her was incredibly cute. Okay, she would have liked it more if Klaw was a bit more forward. It was what she was used to. Her potential suitors normally went with the rope and shotgun wedding act. But this was a new world. New ways of doing things.

Ashe flew back to the base. Heart in her throat. She parked up and as they were getting off of the Sparrow, she touched DarkKlaw's shoulder.

"Hey... um, we're kinda still covered in cake. Would you mind.... um.... letting me have a shower, then drinks in your room....?" She flushed. Heart in her mouth.

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at Jun 8, 2017 around 20:58

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Freak: -1| Danger: +1 | Savior: +0 | Superior: +2 | Mundane: +1
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: Awkward time!

"O-o-o-oh, uh, s-s-sure! I'll, um, sexy you- I MEAN SEE YOU! In my! Room! Later!" I hurry off to my room as fast as I can.

My room's a complete mess, with comics and clothing and other junk all over the floor, and my bed hasn't been made in weeks. I sit on my bed, wiping all the sweat off my forehead, trying desperately to get myself to calm down, "Okay, don't panic, Jessie. You just happened to invite the hottest member of the team to your room for some beers, no big deal! Yea! You're just going to have some beers! You're just going to be drinking, with Ashe, in your room, with nobody else around, except for you two."

"...Oh god."

"I'm going to be alone. With her."

"Oh god oh god oh god," Well, so much for not panicking, "What if I make an rear end out of myself!? Oh god, I'm going to screw this up, aren't I!? Of course I am, I screw everything up! I'm nothing but a screw up! That's why they abandoned me! I'm going to gently caress this all up!!" I cover my face, trying to hold back my tears... and completely failing at it, "I can't do anything right! I did I even think this was a good idea!? Why did I think any of this was a good idea!? She's just going to hate me!"

"She's going to hate me... like everybody else does..."

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Freak: +1 | Danger: -1 | Saviour: +0 | Superior: +3 | Mundane: +1
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: | Location:

Hot water, and a crap ton of soap, and magic! I wash the sweat off, and feel... even more nervous. At least I don't look like I tried to swim through batter any more. I dry quickly. Grabbing a pair of shorts and a crop top. They're quick to put on an comfortable. And they uh... show my assets. God, if the Prince could see me now, he'd blow a gasket probably. Well, she was hoping that DK would get a good reaction out of it.

I grab a couple bears. Heading up to her room and knock on the door. "DarkKlaw? It's Ashe... is it okay to come it?" I can't help noticing how much my hands are shaking. And how loud my heart is beating. I'm still damp from the shower. I'm rushing. I just hope I don't cock this up.

Scrree
Jan 15, 2008

the history of all dead generations,


Freak: +1 | Danger: -2 | Saviour: +3 | Superior: -2 | Mundane: +3
Potential: 1/5! | Conditions: None! Location: Ice Cream!

"Oh, wow, you changed!" Morgan knew Romhack had a 'normal' form, but he still wasn't used to actually seeing her walking around untransformed. He took the autograph and put it away, "Yeah, I have a lot of older sisters. I know the importance of privacy." And finally, he gave Sabbat a petting behind the ear, letting the cat enjoy scritches from both young heroes at once, "Haha, yeah, despite all the trouble he brings, he's worth it."

Morgan glanced at the insignia on Romhack's chest, "Oh, is that supposed to be you? You've really got this merchandising thing down; that's really cute looking!"

...

Morgan kept looking at Romhack's chest.

...

..

Oh god, he'd been looking for too long! Morgan let out a very fake-sounding cough, koff! And swiftly turns his head away. Suddenly finding the pattern of colors on the floor very interesting, he speaks without looking at Romhack, "So I was thinking, uh, maybe we could, uh." Devil curse him, he needed to find something to talk about, and fast!

Oh, that, of course! Morgan found the courage to look Romhack in the face, "We should go out soon." No, slow it down, take that back, "I mean, after the next mission we -- the whole team -- should go out to a training camp. All four of us. I think that there's a lot we can learn from one another. Like, Ashe uses flame in combat. Very different from how I use mine, but maybe we can exchange techniques somehow. I'd really like to get to know her, and her fighting style, better." He nodded to himself. He'd totally failed versus Demonfist, but the inside team had been able to successfully fight off two villains, and even hold down one of them for capture. Learning how they fought could help him, for sure. "And Darkklaw borrowed your powers for a bit, right?" Morgan touched the back of his neck, there was still a slight residue of slime coating it. "I mean, it worked out, but it wasn't... great. If she had more experience using your powers it might be an incredible asset in the battle against injustice. Also, she's an incredibly annoying person to fight against, so if you sparred against her it'd be good practice if you ever had to take down anyone really evasive."

"Um, my family has a campground we could use, so that location wouldn't be a problem. Do you think it's a good idea?"

Oh, and at some point the pair actually order Ice Cream. Morgan gets pistachio.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Freak: -1| Danger: +0 | Savior: +0 | Superior: +2 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: Awkward time!

OOC: The rest of the scene was done on Discord so the thread wouldn't get too cluttered. Here's the pasted IC conversation.

Oh, poo poo, it's Ashe! I can't let her see me like this! I quickly wipe away my tears, and say, "Yea, door's open. Come on in."

Ashe posted:

Ashe steps inside carefully. Eyes flicking over the room and it's.... Personalized decorations. Not that she had any right to criticize. Her own room was like looking at a guerrilla fighter princess.

"Hey! I got some drinks! Do you want the ale? Because I've also got some honey mead here...?" She said, checking over the bottles.

"Uh...." Wow that's, uh... sure an outfit she has going on there. Don't stare at her chest, don't stare at her chest, don't stare- Crap, I can't stop staring at her chest. Way to be classy, Jessie.

I turn my head away from her, and try to hide how red my face was from her, "Uh, yea. Ale sounds good, I guess. I've, uh, never had it before, but I guess I could give it a try..."

I scoot over a little on my bed so Ashe can have some room to sit next to me.

Ashe posted:

Ashe smiles, a red tinge adding to her already rosy complection. She settles down next to DK, and passes her the beer. "Not really sure if these are any good. I'm still not used to bottles like this. Wine skins, Casks, sure! Bottles for Beer and Mead? That's kinda new on me."

She knew that DK was looking at her chest. She couldn't blame her. But at least she was polite enough to hide it. Most people openly leer at her.

Especally back home.

Although back home, such leering normally came with a kidnapping and a dramatic rescue.

"You did really well today!" She starts.

"Those were some killer punches! Dusty would have been proud!"

"oh."

She gingerly reaches up and plucks a piece of cake out of DarkKlaw's hair.

"Do you mind if I ask a question?"

"So I understand that people in you- our profession. Use fake names. Is it alright if I ask what your real name is?"

"Oh, thanks! I've had..." I briefly flash back to the old boxing ring where Brooke showed me how to box, "...Lots of... training..." I take a swig of my beer. "You were doing pretty great, too!" I nudge her in the arm and wink, "The look on SH-NO-BI's face when ya grabbed the weapons from her was priceless!"

"My name? Oh, it's, uh, Jessie. Just Jessie, it's..." the name Brooke gave me, "...A name somebody who used to be important to me gave to me..." Another long swig. I quickly try to change the subject before Ashe can ask me who that person is, "So, um, can I ask you something?" I look away from Ashe and nervously rub the back of my neck, "This is probably a really lame thing ta ask, but, um... do you... do you... do you actually like me...?"

Ashe posted:

Ashe grinned at the compliment. "Sneaking up on Ninja's never get's old. They just look so offended!" She laughed. Getting a little closer to Jessie. It was a cute name, pretty unusual. She'd never met anyone called Jessie before. She takes a swig of the mead, then goes for another. It was actually pretty good! Sweet, with just the right kinda of tang to it.

She paused when Jessie asked her question. A frown on her face.

"Umm... is there some reason I shouldn't?" She gave the girl a confused if curious look.

"I mean, I'm not from around here. So I don't really know all the customs. But I don't see any reason to dislike you. Yeah, you've got a bit of a wild streak. But I can't judge. I was part of a armed rebelion!"

"I've smashed up lots of stuff in my time. Computers, statues, golums, buildings, faces. So if this is about you throwing stuff back at the musium. Then don't worry!"

"N-no! I m-mean, like, you know..." I bite my lower lip, and say, in a shy, quiet, nervous voice "Do you... like me?"

Ashe posted:

Ashe's eye's went wide.

She placed her hand on her knees. And gave Jessie a shy smile.

"Well.... you would think I'd have kicked up a fuss by now if I didn't. I mean, we were getting kinda.... heated... back in the museum. I mean, if you wanted to have another go just to be sure, I wouldn't say no...."

Ashe swallowed. Mouth dry.

"I mean... I enjoyed it. You're actually pretty good with your hands." She went bright red and locked her eyes on her hands.

Wondering if she needed to say more.

"Oh, well, um, in that case..." I slowly move my hand on top of hers, and smile back at her, "I... wouldn't mind having another go at it...." I lean in closer... and kiss her. I'm not sure if it's because of all the alcohol in my system or what, but this kiss... feels even better than the last one. It's incredible. I never want to let go. I want.... I want nothing more than to be with her. With Ashe. All my nervousness, all my worry, all my doubts are gone now. All that's left... is us, and whatever happens next.

Fading?

Ashe posted:

Ashe melted into the kiss. Letting Jessie take control. She didn't care. She was free. She was doing what she wanted for the first time in her life. It didn't matter what happened next. In this moment. She and Jessie were happy. That was what was important.

Fading!

When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, ask them if they think you’re cool. If they say yes, give them Influence and take Influence over them. If they say no, mark a condition or spurn them immediately. If they’re a teammate, then either way, add a Team to the pool. Since we both have influence on each other, DARKKLAW is going to shift Ashe's Mundane Up, and Freak Down!

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: +3 | Danger: -2 | Saviour: -0 | Superior: +3 | Mundane: -1
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Angry, Hopeless | Location: Nep Nep


Madison grins. "I do believe my eyes are up here." she chuckles. "Good god, you are hopeless when it comes to girls, aren't you? It's really cute. You're cute."

She then begins working on her ice cream, which is a simple strawberry chocolate combination. Because she also is listening to him, it ends up dividing her attention somewhat.

"I dunno, man. Sounds good on paper, but I don't think I'll have the time for that kind of thing. I've heard some horror stories too. Some chick got stuck in a forest with no internet connection for two weeks. Brr. Guess that won't happen if we hang out on your families turf, but..."

She sighs. "Besides, we all did really well, didn't we? You, included. You're beating yourself up over nothing. Without you the other two would have never tracked the ninja, right?"


quote:

Romhack (Yami) - Today at 6:28 PM
/roll 2d6-2 #Romhack supports AW! ... Or tries to.
SidekickBOT - Today at 6:28 PM
@Romhack (Yami): 2d6-2 Romhack supports AW! ... Or tries to. = (2+5)-2 = 5

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Jun 10, 2017 around 16:29

Scrree
Jan 15, 2008

the history of all dead generations,


Freak: +1 | Danger: -2 | Saviour: +3 | Superior: -2 | Mundane: +3
Potential: 1/5! | Conditions: None! Location: Ice Cream!

Blushing. Facing turning red like a tomato. Take a lick of the ice cream in his hands. "Um. Um! Yeah, you're right, I guess the string I made helped them. We, we're a good team."

That's not enough. Find something else to say. Continue the conversation. "I've been called cute before, by my older sisters. It's, it's a bit different when a really cute girl like you says it, though. Haha."

quote:

The Armor Witch (Scrree) - Today at 12:24 PM
/roll 2d6+4 #FEELIN' LIKE THEANTERO WITH DEEZ NUMBERS
SidekickBOT - Today at 12:24 PM
@The Armor Witch (Scrree): 2d6+4 FEELIN' LIKE THEANTERO WITH DEEZ NUMBERS = (5+1)+4 = 10
Romhack may clear a condition, mark potential, shift labels! Choosing to Add One Team to the Team's Team!

What did he just say? What is he saying!? Deep breath in, "So! Yeah! The Alliance set us up well, we all work together, well. I like Darkklaw and Ashe, and I like you, too."

Sabbat punctuates his master's rambling with a short, meow

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: +3 | Danger: -2 | Saviour: -0 | Superior: +3 | Mundane: -1
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Angry, Hopeless | Location: Nep Nep


"Heh." Romhack replies, starting to blush as well. "Thanks..."

Romhack sat there, unable to focus. She's heard people call her cute by the hundreds, when she was streaming, why was she so flustered in THIS case?!

Laughing a bit awkwardly, she absentmindedly pets the cat some more. "Right. I, uhm... I think we should probably head back. I have something I need to announce to the team, too..."


Beneath her confident persona, Romhack is actually pretty lonely. She feels most people forget about the girl beneath the costume/streamer persona... and may or may not have developed feelings for Armor Witch.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage



Issue #2: Never Always Split The Party

During the discussion on what, exactly, the Guard Girls were to make of the day, a lot of poo poo happened. Tempers ran high as Romhack sparred verbally with both Ashe and DARKKLAW and Armor Witch even got in on the action. Mostly by accident. Eventually, the heroes agreed to split up to cover two separate incidents. Romhack and a disgruntled DARKKLAW would investigate the foreign hero team led by Oni Mask. Simultaneously, Ashe would take Armor Witch to Pâtissier's party (?) as her plus-one. What could possibly go wrong?

---

Oni Mask Investigators

Oni Mask's team is supposed to be in the industrial district right now. Your intel wasn't much more specific than that, but a little legwork has let you track them down to some sort of refinery on the edge of town. It's not damning by any stretch of the imagination, but it is quite odd that they'd be meeting here. You've found yourselves on a nearby rooftop watching the situation. No sign of Oni Mask herself, but you've seen a few of her teammates. What do you think they're up to? It doesn't seem like there are any villains around...

Romhack: So, to turn back the clock a bit, how have you been building your brand since the Museum? You have all that footage, but some of it is pretty unflattering to the Justice Alliance as a whole and your team in particular. Of course, there's nothing your fans love more than that straight, unfiltered heroism they've come to expect from you... And can you really film a clandestine investigation into foreign superheroes?

How candid was the footage you posted online?

It was edited heavily to show you and the team at your best! — You and your team look good, but there's not a lot left once you cut it down. You'll need to get the fans something really good, really soon or you might have a revolt on your hands...

There were minor edits, mostly to cut out the parts where you yelled at a civilian! — You end up looking great, especially in comparison, but poor Armor Witch... The Justice Alliance may be a little disgruntled as well.

You uploaded the raw footage...? — This is probably a terrible idea, but your fans would love it and be satisfied for quite some time. Your team and the Justice Alliance would probably have more than a few reasons to be mad at you... Especially once the memes start.


Regardless, how have you prepared for the mission? What form or forms are going to be most useful?

Pick two abilities from any single playbook to represent your suite of prepared forms for this mission.

Now that you're in position, what do you do?

DARKKLAW: Can you believe these guys? Romhack and Armor Witch were treatin' you like some sort of common criminal! What the hell! I mean, yeah, most of it was technically true, but... Still! Are you going to let that stand? Orrrrrrr are you going to be the best drat hero that ever heroed? That'd show those chumps for sure! And what the heck are you even doing on this roof, anyways? Romhack talked a lot about observing and investigating, but what about just... y'know, talking to them? Asking them what they're up to? That's the real hero poo poo right there!

What do you do?

---

Pâtissier Party Squad

Pâtissier's lair, such as it is, is actually in a really nice part of town! They call it Hidden Heights. I mean, yeah, everyone knows that's where the rich villain types tend to congregate, but it does bode well for it not being a trap. The homeowner's association is quite clear on the restrictions against explicit heroic or villainous actions from properties within the gates. It's about as close to neutral ground as you're going to get in Halcyon City. Of course, given that you had to buzz in at the gates Pâtissier definitely knows you're on your way in. As you wind your way closer to the address, you finally see a mansion come into view. That... must be the spot. You did remember your evening wear, right?

Ashe: Why do you think she wanted you to come? Was it really to lure you into a trap or... Well, it couldn't be that. Could it? How'd you manage to get your hands on some evening wear and, uh, who told you what evening wear actually is? Are you packing any heat? What do you hope to get out of the evening?

What do you do?

Armor Witch: So what exactly do you think Pâtissier is up to? And... What are you wearing? Did your aunts have any suggestions on what to wear to a formal event? I'm assuming you left out that it was hosted by a villainess. What do you think about Romhack and DARKKLAW teaming up? Any worries about them? Any worries about you and Ashe?

What do you do?

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Freak: +1 | Danger: -1 | Saviour: +0 | Superior: +3 | Mundane: +1
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: | Location: A tea party

I'll be honest... this wasn't what I was expecting. I've dressed up in some of the clothes that were in my pack when I came through. After Jess gave me a few suggestions I modified the outfit a little bit. Honestly, I think it looks great!



Frankly, I'm slightly worried I'm going to end the evening out of this little number. I mean, it wouldn't be the first time a bad guy took a liking to me. Or had uh... 'put the moves on me'. I mean, normally they were a lot less polite about it. Normally it involved an ambush and ropes and big burly men. Also a lot of rubbing of hands and cackling. It became so common in the early years that it started becoming kinda funny. Which apparently, when you're laughing at them so hard you can't breath, it really ruins the moment for them. So now I just try and crack jokes. I mean, I'm feeling a little out of my dept in this world. But once I get my footing, man, I'm going to let the sass fly!

Worse case senario, I pull my guns out. It's kinda handy, given that I'm armed at all times. I mean, it's magic! I'm never not armed! Which is pretty sweet. I certainly wouldn't want to go inside unarmed. Gods above know what we might be facing. Although honestly, I'd like it if we could turn her to the side of good! That would feel pretty great! I glance at Armour Witch.

"You ready for this?"

Scrree
Jan 15, 2008

the history of all dead generations,


Freak: +1 | Danger: -2 | Saviour: +3 | Superior: -2 | Mundane: +3
Potential: 1/5! | Conditions: None! Location: Hidden Heights

Let's start from the bottom.

Shoes. No, it couldn't be shoes, it had to be boots. Armor Witch knelt down in front of his closet, letting his eyes play over a very messy collection of footwear. Ugh, he really needed to organize this at some point. He wanted something with a high tread and a little bit of ankle protection, but they didn't have to be too tough. If he was really going to tread through cake mash and frosting spikes, he'd be in his armor, this was more for when first entering the enemy lair. He reached into the mess, and retrieved a single black boot. Were these his sisters? They were a bit much, maybe he should just wear tennis shoes...

But then he imagined stepping into a pile of frosting mash, sugar juice leaking into the stuffed cotton fabric, and nooooo thanks. With a shake of his head he dove into the pile, searching for the boot's matching partner.

With that decided, what would go above the boots? Well, underwear, duh, but what on top of that? Not much was needed. Blue jeans would just weigh him down when they inevitably got stained with syrup. No, if he was going to wear anything cotton, it had to be small. "Like these." He held up a pair of shorts above his head, "Are they too short...?" He turned to his fashion adviser, Sabbat, "Well, I guess if we're fighting I'll be in my armor anyways, so they should be fine. Right?"The cat stared at him, it's body contorted into a lazy coil, "Right."

Okay, on to the top half. Hadn't Ashe reported Pâtissier using frosting as improvised bindings? In that case, it would make sense to wear something loose, and easy to slip out of. "Something like..." He reached deep into his closet, "...this!" Armor Witch pulled the blue jacket through the numerous other clothes hanging in the closet. It was a bit sporty for him, normally, but If the Baker started the night by pasting him to a wall, he might be able to slip out and continue the fight.

A scarf was necessary. If he was going to cast magic, he'd need some cloth. "Should I take the one that matches the jacket, or..." He turned to Sabbat. The cat meowed back in a flat, sleepy manner. "Yeah, you're right. It'll be good." Armor Witch nods in approval towards Sabbat. The cat meets his gaze, and then slowly rolls over on its back, tilting its head towards... the clock?

"Oh!? Where did the time go!" Armor Witch ran a hand through his loose hair; normally, he liked to braid it up before going out, but there wouldn't be time tonight. What to do? What to do? Ah, "A hat!" Armor Witch slammed it on without much thought, pulling his long hair through the back and sides to make sure it stayed out of his eyes. "Now, Sabbat, I need to go, and you need to stay here. Okay?" The cat, lazily laying on it's side on Armor Witch's bed, began to lick it's paw, "Okay. Don't worry, though, I'll be back for sure!" And with that, snuck a glance at the mirror to see how he looked,



And then set off.

---

"ahhh." Armor Witch lightly ground his palms into his eyes. 'Evening Wear Only', the card had said, how had he forgotten? Now he'd come looking like, like he was going to a baseball game. This was so embarrassing. He let his hands drop and turned to Ashe, "I, uh, didn't want to get any cake on my nice clothes." The lie made his face turn red, "Although maybe I shouldn't have worried about that, I mean, you're dressed really nice, and, ah, those tassels are lovely." He was so lame.

Come on, Armor Witch, this is the time to act like a leader. And not the kind of leader that ran off Darkklaw by being an rear end in a top hat, either! Shaking that thought out of his head as quickly as possible, Armor Witch turned towards the road into Hidden Heights, "Well, I'm sure her eyes will mostly be on you, anyways, so." He took a step down the road, "I'm as ready as a I can be. Let's get going."

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Freak: +1 | Danger: -1 | Saviour: +0 | Superior: +3 | Mundane: +1
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: | Location: A tea party


"For what it's like worth, it looks good on you. But I think we need to take a look at your wardrobe once we get back. I mean... You've probably got a pretty good grasp of normal clothing for this universe."

She didn't say what she wanted to say. That she though that those shorts were really cute. And that for a boy he had a wonderful fashion sense. Though... She was having a hard time remembering that Armour Witch wasn't a girl. (Those shorts were super deceptive)

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at Jun 25, 2017 around 08:57

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: +3 | Danger: -2 | Saviour: -0 | Superior: +3 | Mundane: -1
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Angry, Hopeless | Location: Nep Nep


Earlier...

Romhack went through the footage with a bit of annoyance. It was obvious there was no way to have it all. Looking good and having a lot of footage both were an impossibility. After mulling on it, she ended up compromising somewhere in the middle. While it was kind of unfair to Armor Witch, it could be excused as having a way to review his performance. The Justice Alliance might get a little annoyed as well, but she cared a little less about that. After all, she had a business to run, and covering for her employers failures (especially ones of this level...) was not part of her contract.

There were minor edits, mostly to cut out the parts where you yelled at a civilian!


Now...

In the form of Corvo, Romhack blinks across the rooftops, clinging to the shadows as she spies on Oni Mask. Their presence here was odd. Not immediately damning, but odd. Still, it was perhaps too early to actively sneak into the refinery. She'd have to have a good reason for it, first. Otherwise, Oni Mask might cause serious trouble.

As such, she instead opts to scope out the surroundings, looking for any clues that might incriminate them, or show their reasons for being here.


quote:

Romhack (Yami) - Today at 3:19 PM
/roll 2d6+3 #Romhack assesses the situation!
SidekickBOT - Today at 3:19 PM
@Romhack (Yami): 2d6+3 Romhack assesses the situation! = (4+5)+3 = 12

What here can I use to find out about this odd operation without revealing myself?
What here is the biggest threat?
How could we best end this quickly?

As for her prepared forms, she ended up taking Corvo, from Dishonored, with his (supernaturally powered) Stealth, and Momohime from Muramasa: The Demon Blade with her Impossible Fighting skills.


quote:

Dishonored
You probably know about it already. It's like assassins creed, except with superpowers.


Corvo

quote:

Muramasa: The Demon Blade
It's a side-scrolling action roleplaying game set in feudal japan. It's absolutely gorgeous to look at, with many beautifully drawn locales to visit, and a fun combat system based around collecting Muramasa Blades - there are 108 swords to create or craft, and they all have unique abilities and stats. Their main gimmick is that you can cut - and block - everything, but the sword breaks eventually, making you switch weapons until the weapon regenerates itself, which can be hastened by dealing damage to monsters. The remake has two main storylines - with Kisuke, an amnesiac ninja which inherited a samurai's skills, and Momohime, a possessed princess, as well as several DLC stories with different gameplay, such as playing as a Nekomata, an Oni, and another ninja, which actually fights like a ninja. If you have access to either Muramasa: The Demon Blade, or Muramasa Rebirth, I HIGHLY recommend playing them.


Momohime

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Jun 18, 2017 around 13:49

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Freak: -1| Danger: +0 | Savior: +0 | Superior: +2 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: Rooftop > Refinery

Why the hell am I even here?

...Right, I'm here because it's my job. I could ignore 'em, and go blow off some steam somewhere else, but that wouldn't be the right thing to do, would it? I'm supposed to be a hero now... so why the gently caress do they keep treating me like I'm a criminal? Yea, I've done some bad poo poo, but it was against people who deserved it. "Keep my slate clean," my rear end. Sorry I didn't live a perfect, pampered life like you apparently did.

I'll show 'em. I'll be the best drat hero I can be! I'll out-hero Romnerd and Dork Witch, an' I'll rub it in their faces!

...Now the question is how do I do that? I can start by crackin' some heads, but... nah. That's not the "hero" thing to do. Maybe I can try... talkin' to them? Yea, that sounds about right. Artemis is always tellin' me that real heroes solve things with words 'n poo poo, so I should try doing that!

I jump off the roof, and teleport myself closer to Oni-Mask's teammates. "Hey, how's it goin'?" I raise my hands up as soon as they look like they're ready to attack me, "Whoa, whoa, whoa! I ain't here to cause any trouble, honest! Yer part of Oni-Mask's crew, right? Was just wonderin' what yer doing meeting all the way out here. Oh! Are ya plannin' on doin' something illegal? Cuz if you are, then I want in!" I don't actually want to join them, but they might be a little more willing to talk if they think I'm on their side.

quote:

@CRIME SLIME (Hugzilla): 2d6+2 Provoking the lackeys to talk! = (5+3)+2 = 10

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage



Oni Mask Investigators

Romhack: As you view the situation from above, your senses identify a series of scaffolds and odd, waist-high boxes on top of the refinery that should allow you to maintain stealth while getting a better look at the situation. It's a little too far to Blink straight to, though... You'd need a distraction to cross the street unseen. Where's DARKKLAW when you need her? And... wait. Did she just walk up to the lackeys and start chatting with them?

Your other two questions will be answered when you reach this vantage point.

What do you do?

DARKKLAW: Your approach clearly catch the two foreign heroes off guard. Your words even more so. They look at each other helplessly, then back at you, "We... don't know what you're talking about." A moment of whispered conversation later, the one in blue adds, "We'll take you to Oni Mask, but... Are you sure you're in the right place?" They point further inside where an odd, arcane light flickers off the pipes. The two girls take up positions at your side and begin to escort you towards it. You could ditch them if you want, but talking to Oni Mask would probably be pretty productive...

While they are vulnerable to your words... Well, nobody's that vulnerable. They offer what they can instead.

What do you do?

---

Pâtissier Party Squad

As you work your way up to the mansion's door, it swings wide open just before you knock or ring the doorbell or, you know, otherwise announce your presence. Pâtissier beams at Ashe, "You came!" Her eyes slide to Armor Witch, "And you brought a..." Though her smile slips for a moment, it's back in full force as she fully experiences his Godly Beauty. "Such a beauty with you! Come inside! I've got tea and snacks and..." She waves an arm towards the inside of her house, chattering the whole time, and you can see a beautiful spread laid out on a table inside.

If you walk in, she'll follow you to the table and sit down with you. Otherwise, she'll stand outside and converse with you.

Ashe: You've seen your fair share of traps in the day, but this seems... Well, it seems like a pretty normal party so far. Maybe it was an honest invitation? What do you hope to learn from her? What do you think of Armor Witch? Is she he a good leader?

What do you do?

Armor Witch: Well, that went... well? What's the plan now, leader? Ashe is really the only one that's tangled with Pâtissier so far, but have you heard anything about her from the other witches?

What do you do?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: +3 | Danger: -2 | Saviour: -0 | Superior: +3 | Mundane: -1
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Angry, Hopeless | Location: Nep Nep


Romhack couldn't do anything but facepalm.

Ugh. There is a reason why she decided on doing it solo. But no, Darkklaw had to come along. And immediately does the dumbest thing possible. Oh well. If her gaming experience taught her anything, even if it's a dumb thing, you commit to it together, and it might end up working anyway.

She wasn't entirely sold on that theory with Darkklaw, though. But still, she wasn't about to let this opportunity to go to waste. Using Darkklaw's distraction, she teleported down the street, and then crossed over and up onto the rooftop, too quickly for anyone not paying direct attention to notice.

Now, she was eager to see this situation unfold.

Even if she did not agree with it at all.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Freak: +1 | Danger: -1 | Saviour: +0 | Superior: +3 | Mundane: +1
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: | Location: A tea party

I'm hoping that I can convince her to give up on a life of crime. I want to think that she's not too far gone to save. I kinda want to know what all this is about. Is she just lonely? Why was she trying to kidnap people? Is she coming onto me? She wouldn't be the first bad guy to do so. She is kinda cute though. Way fewer warts then the last seven or so.

"Hi, I wasn't sure what to expect. Given what happened earlier. So, um, do you mind if I ask what all this is about? I'm not really used to having people I was fighting invite me over for a party at their house." Ashe said, with a wry grin. Decided on a course of honesty. After all, it's so much easier to get along if people at least make their intentions clear. "I'm hoping this is all in good faith and we can just have a nice time." Ashe glanced at Armour Witch. He'd been trying pretty hard to be the leader. But it was pretty obvious that he didn't have it down yet. It was kind of unfair of her to compare him to the Prince. After all, he'd been trained from birth to be a leader, a king! Armour Witch was nice, but still trying to find their feet in unfamiliar waters. But she'd give him the time he needed. How could he rise to the occasion otherwise? (Even if his bumbling was mildly alarming, she had to remember she was used to a better quality of leader.)

Ashe walked over to the table and took a seat.

"This is a really nice house. Reminds me of the Villas back home on the Cothguri Bay. Overlooking the Emerald Occean." That was a pretty nice compliment. Those Villas were amazing.

- - -

@Ashe (Arashi): 2d6+1 Ashe attempts to Pierce the Mask = (6+3)+1 = 10

- What do you want me to do
- What are you really planning
- How could I get you to: Give up a life of crime and become a good guy/superhero


@Ashe (Arashi): 2d6+3 Ashe talks to her people! = (6+2)+3 = 11

3 Hold! (Will handle this via flashback)

- - -

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at Jun 26, 2017 around 21:22

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Freak: -1| Danger: +0 | Savior: +0 | Superior: +2 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: Rooftop > Refinery

"Yep, I'm pretty sure this is the place I wanna be!" I bring my arms around their shoulders, and give them a totally innocent smile, "Lead the way!"

It might seem like I'm being overly familiar with them, but what they don't know is that I'm slowly draining whatever powers the red caped girl has, which should give me a slight advantage if it ever comes down ta a fight.

"So, hey, what's it like working with Oni-mask? What's she like? Yo, is it true she's got shape-shifting powers!? Cuz that's rad! Oh! I forgot to introduce myself! The name's Jessie! What's yours?"

Scrree
Jan 15, 2008

the history of all dead generations,


Freak: +1 | Danger: -2 | Saviour: +3 | Superior: -2 | Mundane: +3
Potential: 1/5! | Conditions: None! Location: Hidden Heights

Armor Witch was stunned. First, by the appearance Pâtissier. Demonfist was a villain who reveled in his evil, and tried to strike the most imposing image he could. Shinobi didn't care much for presentation, but her training in the secret art of the Ninjas meant she dressed in the garb of a dangerous tradition. He hadn't really put too much thought into it, but when he imagined Pâtissier he'd saw a figure dressed in a splattered smock raising a stained carving knife in their hand.

And Pâtissier was nothing like that. Big eyes with a bubbly personality and a big, upper-class house. All of the suspicions that had brewed in Armor Witch's mind were blown away as he set eyes on her. He had to struggle to remind himself -- to really lock down the fact that this person tried to kidnap people, including his own cousin, and was only stopped by Ashe's efforts.

The second thing to give Armor Witch pause was, of course, her reaction to his appearance.

"Ah. Ha ha," Armor Witch shifted one foot back slightly and scratched the back of his head. He felt like one of his aunts had just pinched his cheek. 'Such a beauty'!? His green eyes struggled to avoid the ground, "I, get that a lot." Deep breath in, trying to use air to stiffen his back, take a half-step forward, "I'm Morgan, Ashe's--" Don't say teammate. Pâtissier might guess it, but no reason to just spill that he was a hero, "plus-one." He flicked his gaze upwards to his tall and very pretty teammate. He wasn't trying to step on any toes, especially with her new relationship with Jessie, but, but it was part of the job.

Honestly, he hadn't really expected to need to engage in such social performance. Villains were, from the stories he heard from his aunts and elders, almost always like Demonfist. Mad and unerringly tilted towards violence. Pâtissier seemed different, though, and Armor Witch regretted that he hadn't asked Adele about her. He had wanted to keep the mission a secret and take care of it himself because there was a good chance the address would've lead them to a warehouse containing a single cake with the words 'Hah! Gotcha!' written on them. For the villains, wasting the Justice Alliances time and resources was it's own kind of victory.

Ashe stepped into the house with a striking fearlessness. Armor Witch followed close behind her, not wanting to become separated. The house looked very nice, the foods on the table even nicer. His own upbringing hadn't been impoverished by any means, but this was a step above what he was used too, "Guess you didn't become a villain for the money, huh?"

quote:

The Armor Witch (Scrree) - Today at 6:45 PM
/roll 2d6+3 #Pierce that Baker's mask!
SidekickBOT - Today at 6:45 PM
@The Armor Witch (Scrree): 2d6+3 Pierce that Baker's mask! = (3+1)+3 = 7
How could I get your character to honestly explain themselves -- why they attacked the museum and targeted the civilians. Why they're a villain. That kind of thing!!.

Devil dammit! Why did his mouth move faster than his brain! Armor Witch quickly scurried next to Ashe and took a seat beside her. He tapped his foot against the floor several times to check for any trap doors. Feeling secure, he looked back up at their host, "You know, uh, Ashe told me what you do... for a living?" He leaned back in his chair and stuffed his hands in his pockets. It was rude to touch the food before the host sat down, after all, "We're here to have a good time, right?"

It was a question Pâtissier wouldn't say no too, even if she planned on trapping them in a castle of gumdrops or something. But if she said yes, and she actually meant it, then... Armor Witch didn't know what to do. He'd came expecting a fight. Was it okay to consort with a villain? If he didn't try to arrest her before the night ended, was he a failure of a hero? But, Granny always said hospitality was one of the most important rules in society.

As he considered these thoughts, his face unknowingly adopted a slightly concerned, and very cute pout.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage



Oni Mask Investigators

With the benefits of DARKKLAW's well-timed, if not well-thought-out distraction, Corvo!Romhack is easily able to position herself at the vantage point looking down at the interior of the refinery. She can clearly see Oni Mask stalking around while some of her lesser followers are grouped around some sort of arcane formation. It seems like something's forming inside, but she can't quite make it out. Very bad vibes, though, that much is clear. Whatever is in there is bad news.

Stopping whatever ritual is in progress would be the easiest and best way to shut down Oni Mask's operation.

DARKKLAW, of course, is walking along with the sisters. The one in red apparently goes by Kit and the blue one is Sunny. They seem pretty uncomfortable with the situation and, more than once, Sunny has quietly asked DARKKLAW if she's really sure that she's in the right place. DARKKLAW isn't exactly a social mastermind or anything, but she can already tell that this is pretty genuine concern. The power slowly trickles from Kit's shoulder into her namesake claw, though, and soon enough she finds herself in the same area that Romhack is observing from above. DARKKLAW is able to see that the shape inside the formation is a mask. It looks... kind of like the one Oni Mask is wearing?

Speaking of, Oni Mask spots the trio and stomps over. She looks at the twins, then at DARKKLAW. With a vague gesture and a sneer, she says, "What is... this... doing here?"

Oni Mask is not vulnerable to your words at this time.

What do you do?

---

Pâtissier Party Squad

As you all head in and sit down, Pâtissier seems to take her time thinking about how to respond to the heroes, taking a bite out of small tea sandwich. After she cutely pats her mouth clean with a cloth napkin she says, "Of course! I wouldn't have invited you to my house to fight. That would be silly!" Of course, she does... kind of dodge the why of the invitation, Ashe. Pâtissier waves her hand and a couple of pastry golems, dressed in nice suits, come forward and pour you tea. Oddly enough, it is your favorite kind of tea. How could she know that? What do you notice on the table that is just your absolute favorite treat? How aware are you that you're already starting to feel very much at home? How great a hostess is Pâtissier anyways?? She takes a sip out of her own cup, then continues, "Thank you for the compliments, by the way! It is a nice house. It's very... quiet. My golems aren't much for conversation, you know~."

Armor Witch: You notice that she seems almost desperate for continued attention. Maybe she's really lonely? She would probably just tell you if you asked, though she might need a bit of flattery and stories about yourself along the way! Conversations are a two way street, after all!

Ashe: You're able to get a really good read on her. She really, really wants you (and your unexpected, but beautiful friend) to like her and spend time with her. She's lonely as heck!! To that end, she's trying to impress you with a really nice party and see where the night takes things~. She seems like she's very much willing to do whatever you want or need to keep the party from dying down and you leaving. You aren't able to get an incredibly clear answer to your last question, though you do have a gut feeling it's entirely possible. If you get her talking about her motivations, maybe you'll be able to suggest a more... heroic alternative? She doesn't seem like a bad person, just... misguided?

Pâtissier looks at Ashe with an excited expression, "So tell me about where you're from!! You're from that TV show, right?"

What do you do? Also this may be a good time to transition to the IC channel~

Tricky fucked around with this message at Jun 29, 2017 around 15:40

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: +3 | Danger: -2 | Saviour: -0 | Superior: +3 | Mundane: -1
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Angry, Hopeless | Location: Rooftop Sneakery


This feels fishy. Incredibly fishy. But a strange ritual doesn't mean much these days in front of a court. She'd have to improvise. As such, Romhack sets up a camera facing down into the area, and sets the feed to be transmitted to Justice Claw.

Message to Justice Claw posted:

Darkklaw and I are currently investigating Oni Mask. There's a weird ritual going on, and it gives me a really bad vibe. I'm sending you a feed to show you what's going on, with voice transmission. I have a bad feeling about this, so please standby in case we need reinforcements. This might get bad.

With that message sent, she returns her gaze to the situation below, and tries to figure out how to best deal with this.


quote:

Romhack (Yami) - Today at 7:14 PM
/roll 2d6+3 #Romhack assesses the situation! Again.
SidekickBOT - Today at 7:14 PM
@Romhack (Yami): 2d6+3 Romhack assesses the situation! Again. = (3+2)+3 = 8
Who is the biggest threat?

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Jun 29, 2017 around 17:52

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Freak: -1| Danger: +0 | Savior: +0 | Superior: +2 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: Refinery

...Wow, ain't she a ray of sunshine? Alright, Jessie, resist the urge to punch her. That can come later. I gotta get her to talk first, see if I can get her to spill the beans about her plan.

"Hey, hey! No need ta get all aggro! I'm just here ta talk!" I look Oni-Mask up and down, "So you're Oni-Mask, huh? Gotta say, I thought you'd be a little bit taller!" I take a peek behind her, and notice her followers grouped around something, "Whoa! What's going on over there? Do you guys have some kinda freaky cult ritual thing going on? Cuz I love freaky occult poo poo! Can't get enough of that stuff! Are you guys, like, summoning demons!? Like, big, badass demons, with horns 'n poo poo?! Aw poo poo, are you guys summoning SATAN!? Please tell me you're summoning satan! I love that guy!"

quote:

@CRIME SLIME (Hugzilla): 2d6+2 Piercing Oni-mask's mask! = (3+6)+2 = 11

- how could I get your character to tell me about the ritual?
- how could I get your character to stop the ritual?
- what do you intend to do?

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage



Oni Mask Investigators

Romhack keeps tabs on Oni Mask and her cronies from above and one thing becomes quickly clear to the young heroine: Most of the people here aren't really worth worrying about if it comes to a fight. The pair that grabbed Darkklaw seem to have some skill, at least, but most of them seem more like servants than members of a crime fighting team. It's... certainly curious. Your communicator pings with a return message from Justice Claw.

Oni Mask is easily the greatest threat.

@Romhack posted:

Gotcha, kid. Our response is going to be slow, but I'll see what I can do to cut the red tape. If it comes down to it, make sure she throws the first punch.

Meanwhile, on the ground, things aren't going as smoothly. As Darkklaw makes her pitch, Oni Mask is literally wordless. Her mouth works soundlessly as her face wars between utter confusion and frustration over the young mutant's shenanigans. She looks at Kit and Sunny, who offer shrugs of their own. She finally says, "No, we're not summoning Satan. Don't be ridiculous. Now, are you going to leave on your own or do I need to show you out... personally?"

Something is odd, though. Darkklaw is able to notice that Oni Mask's confusion isn't entirely from the ridiculous approach used. It's almost as if there are two — or more — minds sharing a body. The confusion within her makes it difficult to establish specifics, but Darkklaw is an expert at figuring people out. How could a little thing like that stop her?

Oni Mask intends to complete the summoning ritual and, indeed, will do so unless you change the situation. She also intends to see you removed from the scene, through force if necessary.

From the way she keeps glancing over at the three metal poles forming a triangle around the ritual formation, you figure they're pretty darn necessary for whatever she wants to accomplish. She'd probably have to stop what she's doing until she got them back. Now, you're not a magic expert, but that should buy you some time, right? It's weird, though. It's like she doesn't really want to do it at the same time. Wonder what that's about?

Getting her to tell you about the situation might be a little easier. Or, at least, less likely to start a fight. This gang of hers is all transforming superheros, right? Maybe if you showed off some of the mojo you took from the sisters... Well, you'd probably also have to come up with some reason for her to take you seriously after the way things started off. Convince her that you want to join up and that she should trust you.


What do you do?

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Freak: -1| Danger: +0 | Savior: +0 | Superior: +2 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: Refinery

Heh, alright, I think that's enough messing around. I think it's time for me to get a little more serious.

"Hey, hey, let's chill out a little, okay? I'm just messing with ya. See, the real reason why I'm here..." I stand up a bit straighter, and speak in the same tone Brooke would use when she was being serious, "...Is cuz I wanted ta join yer gang. Yer all shapeshifters, right? Well, check this out." Using the powers I stole from Kit, I transform myself into a little grey fox right in front of them, and say, "I'm a shapeshifter, too," I tilt my little foxy head up to look at Oni-mask, "You and your group? You get it. Bein' able to change yer body at will ain't yer typical superpower; it's a gift. We are blessed to have powers as great as these. We hold a great amount of power within us, and they know it. They know how much more superior we are to them, and that is why they're afraid of us. They treat us like freaks, outcasts, abominations, all because they are jealous of us, and the gifts that we have."

"I'm done. I'm done being treated like a freak. I'm done being treated like dirt, and I'm loving done playing it their way," my voice slowly starts to take on a darker tone, "I'm better than them. I'm better than all of them, and I want to make them regret ever looking down on me."

I turn back into my regular self, look at Oni-mask, and say, "So, is that enough to convince you to let me join?"

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: +3 | Danger: -2 | Saviour: -0 | Superior: +3 | Mundane: -1
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Angry, Hopeless | Location: Rooftop Sneakery


Romhack listens in to Darkklaw's tirade with growing worry. If she's just faking it, she's faking it far, FAR too well. In fact, knowing how unreliable Darkklaw is, she couldn't shake the feeling it might actually be true.

Blinking down, she gets into a position that allows her to jump out on either, while still having a line of sight to the rooftop as an escape route. She did not like the way this situation is unfolding one bit.


quote:

Romhack (Yami) - Today at 11:11 PM
/roll 2d6+3 #Romhack sneaklily blinks into position!
SidekickBOT - Today at 11:11 PM
@Romhack (Yami): 2d6+3 Romhack sneaklily blinks into position! = (5+6)+3 = 14
Romhack (Yami) - Today at 11:11 PM
well
I guess I did done sneak gud
oh wait guess who forgot conditions are a thing
but it wouldn't have mattered either way

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage



Oni Mask Investigators

Romhack easily slips to a spot closer to where Darkklaw and Oni Mask are talking. Incidentally, it's much closer to the ritual formation as well. Inside, she can clearly see a mask identical to the one worn by Oni Mask herself. It's glowing brighter and brighter as it seems to suck some sort of energy from the ground beneath the refinery.

Meanwhile, Oni Mask's anger and disdain towards Darkklaw slips away as she sees the clawed heroine demonstrate the extent of her stolen skills. She is quiet for a moment as she considers the situation, then says, "If what you say is true, you are welcome to join us, sister." A beat. "We'll discuss matters further after we free the spirit of the mask from its prison."

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Freak: -1| Danger: +0 | Savior: +0 | Superior: +2 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: Refinery

Heh, good, she fell for it. What, did you really think I meant any of that? Heck, no! I might be pissed at my team, but I that don't mean I'm turning bad! And now that I know what they're doing, I think it's time for me ta stop them from summoning that spirit!

"Hmmm, actually, ya know what? I changed my mind. I don't think I wanna join you anymore," I grin a wide, toothy, mischievous grin, "I think I'd rather stop ya from doing what yer doing, instead!"

*Poof!*

I poof myself right next to one of th' metal poles Oni-mask was lookin' at. "Yea, that whole thing about wantin' ta join yer gang?" I reach out and grab the pole with my normal hand, "It was all a lie. Sorry!" And poof! I teleport away with the pole.

"Now, I ain't exactly an expert on magic," I say, as I make my reappearance on one of the scaffolds, "But I'm guessin' this little thing is pretty important," I casually wave the pole around, "And ya can't complete the ritual without it, amirite? Well, if ya want this thing back," Poof! "Then yer gonna have ta try and catch me!" Poof!

I wanted ta grab the mask, but it doesn't look like I'll be able ta take it just yet. Not while it's surrounded by that weird energy. Hm, I wonder what would happen if I grabbed Oni-mask's mask instead...

quote:

@CRIME SLIME (Hugzilla): 2d6+2 Is Oni-mask and her followers watching closely!? = (2+5)+2 = 9
hen you mislead, distract, or trick someone, roll + Superior. On a hit, they are fooled, at least for a moment. On a 7-9, choose two.
- you get an opportunity
- you confuse them for some time

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: +3 | Danger: -2 | Saviour: -0 | Superior: +3 | Mundane: -1
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Angry | Location: Refinery Stabbery


Teleporting into the air above Darkklaw, she changes to Momohime, gracefully landing between the two.

"Don't attack first, or we'll be the bad guys." she whispers to her partner. Taking up an Iaijutsu stance, she keeps her eyes focused on Oni Mask, but does her best to keep the other two in her line of sight.

"Do tell what this about, Oni Mask. Why are you summoning spirits in secrecy without telling anyone?" she orders the woman. "Not exactly the most legal of practices. So, unless you have a really good answer, we're shutting this operation down."


quote:

Romhack (Yami) - Today at 7:19 PM
/roll 2d6 #Romhack defends DK! Is this a bad idea? Yes!
SidekickBOT - Today at 7:19 PM
@Romhack (Yami): 2d6 Romhack defends DK! Is this a bad idea? Yes! = (1+6) = 7
Clearing Hopeless.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Jul 5, 2017 around 19:12

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage



Oni Mask Investigators

You can almost see the rage emanating from Oni Mask as Darkklaw reveals her deception. You can see it as the clawed heroine grabs the metal pole and Romhack drops into position. In an instant, Oni Mask explodes into her gigantic oni form. Except, you know, it's not the eight-foot tall brutish form that Romhack was expecting. No, indeed, Oni Mask has become a gigantic twenty-eight-foot tall oni. Clearly she's found some way to boost the power she's getting from the mask. She roars with uncontainable rage, the sheer force and volume sending the pair skidding backward.

Most of Oni Mask's followers are as surprised by this as the pair of heroes. Kit and Sunny are faster than anyone else to get clear of the area. The heroes can barely make out faint hints of red and blue hiding behind a wall and watching the events with worried eyes.

Calling all the way back to Romhack reading the files about Oni Mask! The powers are the same, but the scale has changed!

A gigantic fist strikes at the heroes with surprising speed. Romhack, in her guise as Momohime, is able to deflect the blow away from Darkklaw, but it sends her flying into a tangled wall of pipes!

Romhack takes a powerful blow!

Darkklaw notices that the flow of energy into the second mask seems to be slowing down. The few remaining true believers are trying desperately to keep the ritual stable and can't really leave their post. If the remaining poles were to be stolen as well... Still, despite this golden opportunity, she'd still need to teleport carefully to ensure she didn't inadvertently appear in the path of one of Oni Mask's wild swings.

What do you do?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: +3 | Danger: -2 | Saviour: -0 | Superior: +3 | Mundane: -1
Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: Angry | Location: Refinery Stabbery


"Holy poo poo!" Romhack barely gets to cry out as the fist flies towards the both of them. She swings at the giant fist, but all it does is deflect it slightly - but thankfully, enough. Staring in shock at the broken sword for a second, she quickly collects herself as she sails through the air, and replaces it with another sword. One sword down, two more left.

Ramming the sword into a pipe, she manages to slow herself down enough to pull a fancy maneuver, swinging herself to the side of the pipe and stopping the momentum. Pulling out her sword, she drops down again.

"Well, I didn't quite expect Shadow of the Colossus when I got her... oh well." she muses as she dashes forward again.

"Oni Mask! She yells out from the side. "You've already lost. I've got it all on camera already, transmitted directly to the Justice Alliance. Give it up!"

While she yelled that, it was little more than a taunt. She didn't expect Oni Mask to actually do it. People are just too stubborn at times... at the very least she could draw heat away from Dark Klaw this way.



quote:

Romhack (Yami) - Today at 6:02 PM
/roll 2d6+1 #Romhack takes a powerful blow
SidekickBOT - Today at 6:02 PM
@Romhack (Yami): 2d6+1 Romhack takes a powerful blow = (1+2)+1 = 4
Hooray! Not dying is fun.

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 6:54 PM
@Romhack (Yami): 2d6+1 Romhack defends Darkklaw! In the proper channel this time = (2+2)+1 = 5

Romhack (Yami) - Today at 6:54 PM
also guess who forgot influence again
Getting teamed by Darkklaw, so I will choose "Add Team to the pool."

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Jul 7, 2017 around 17:16

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage



Swapping to discord with the next set of prompts!

  • Locked thread
«3 »