Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Payback Results

Braun Strowman defeated a heavily bandaged Roman Reigns. After the match Braun dropped Roman chest first on the side of some stairs. He then slammed those stairs into Roman's ribs as Roman bled heavily from the mouth. On the post show Roman was going to be placed in another ambulance but Braun came charging, but Roman moved as Braun smashed off the one door and into a wall before slouching away in pain.

Seth Rollins defeated Samoa Joe

House of Horrors Match
Bray Wyatt defeated Randy Orton. The match started in a weird small house with cobwebs and creepy doll shrines and Orton and Bray brawled around the house and the brawl in the house ended with Bray tipping a fridge on Orton and leaving to the arena. The match resumed after Rollins vs. Joe and Jinder Mahal and The Bollywood Boyz attacked Orton to help Bray to help win.

WWE Raw Women's Championship Match
Alexa Bliss defeated Bayley to become Raw Women's Champion.

WWE Raw Tag Title Match
The Hardy Boyz defeated Cesaro and Sheamus to retain the titles. After the match Cesaro and Sheamus turned heel and beat down the Hardyz.

WWE Cruiserweight Title Match
Austin Aries defeated Neville by DQ when Neville pulled the referee to the ground after he was locked in the Last Chancery.

WWE US Title Match
Chris Jericho defeated Kevin Owens to become the US Champion and get drafted to Smackdown.

Pre-Show Kick-Off Match
Enzo and Cass defeated Gallows and Anderson

BACKLASH May 21st!

WWE Championship Match
Randy Orton(c) vs. Jinder Mahal w/ The Bollywood Boyz

WWE US Championship Match
Chris Jericho(c) vs. AJ Styles

Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Dolph Ziggler

WWE Smackdown Tag Team Title Match
The Usos(c) vs. Breezango

Raw Results

Raw opens with the women's roster in the ring with a pedestal. Alexa Bliss came out and stood on it and sarcastically thanked Mickie James, Sasha Banks, and Nia Jax. She pretended to forget about Bayley but then thanked her. She was surprised at how many people were actually there to see Bayley wrestle at the PPV. Alexa said that Bayley's little cousins have a new role model, her. Bayley snapped and tossed he off the podium and all the women brawled.

Alexa, Nia, Emma, Alicia Fox defeat Bayley, Sasha, Mickie, Dana Brooke.

Enzo and Cass came out to cut a promo but Gallows and Anderson jumped them.

Gallows defeats Enzo.

Neville and TJP, no longer Perkins, are talking backstage. TJP talks about how Neville couldn't handle Aries last night and Aries says he respects TJP but he can not talk down to the king of cruiserweights like that. They both have a problem with Aries if he keeps claiming he's the true number 1 contender. TJP and Aries have a match tonight.

Rollins came out to talk about his victory over Samoa Joe. He says he's done with Joe and HHH and now he wants Brock Lesnar and the Universal Title. Finn comes out and talks about how he was never beaten for the title and if anyone is next in line it is him. Ambrose comes out and tlaks about how Brock barely wrestles and that Dean is the IC champ and he'll fight anyone any time. He says his title is the main title now. Miz comes out and talks about how Dean's a liar and has barely defended that title, Finn is too frail and Seth's knee is still busted up. Dean says he has an idea what to do about all this tonight and calls Kurt Angle on his cell phone. Dean announces that Miz vs. Rollins vs. Balor is tonight and winner becomes #1 contender to the Intercontinental Title.

Jack Gallagher, Tozawa, and Swann defeated Noam Dar, Kendrick and Tony Nese.

Sheamus and Cesaro came out to talk about why they attacked the Hardyz. Sheamus says he's never been a good guy and both him and the crowd hate each other and we all knew this. He said the only person that believed in him was Cesaro and look at him now. He had the Cesaro section and all that stuff but throwbacks like the Hardyz came and everyone forgot about him. The crowd whated Cesaro. Hardyz came out and wanted to fight him but Cesaro & Sheamus ran off.

Miz and Marse are interviewed backstage but it is interrupted by Dean Ambroe taking over as the interviewer. Miz and Maryse walk off.

Apollo Crews defeated Health Slater. Apollo and Titus are a team, but Apollo still seems like a good guy.

Kurt Angle came out to give health updates on Roman Reigns and Braun Strowman. Roman has injured ribs and internal bleeding from the assault from Braun and Braun has a torn rotator cuff from smashing through the ambulance door. Bray Wyatt interrupts and cuts his rambling promos about what he's here to do and how he can cure us all. He demands Kurt let him have free reign to do whatever. Kurt says its his show but Bray says that this is his world.

Seth is warming up in the locker room when Dean walks in with a microphone for an unscheduled interview. Dean throws it back too Gorilla and Bobby at ringside.

Austin Aries defeats TJP. TJP attacks Aries injured knee after the match.

Balor was interviewed by Dean on the way to the ring. Dean says he's too jacked and needs to eat a donut and gives him one. Finn takes a bite and gives it back to Dean who eats it. The Drifter comes by and Dean is rocking out to it and asks if he knows any Pearl Jam.

Goldust and R-Truth ask and beg for a title match against the Hardyz. Kurt says they are not a good team and keep losing, but puts them in a #1 contender tag team turmoil match next week.

Miz defeats Balor and Rollins to becomes #1 contender to Ambrose's IC title. Joe attacked Rollins and Wyatt attacked Finn to let Miz win to end Raw.

Smackdown Results
  • Jinder Mahal was doing a photoshoot with the stolen WWE Championship. Shane McMahon arrived and took the belt from him to return it to Randy Orton.

• Shane McMahon came to the ring and introduced new US Champion Chris Jericho. AJ Styles came to the ring to inform Jericho that Smackdown is the place that AJ built. Kevin Owens showed up furious that they were in the ring talking nonsense, but as he started to insult AJ, AJ just left the ring and rushed him and they got into a brawl. AJ was taken away and it was ruled he could not be at ringside for Jericho vs Owens' in the main event.

• Sami Zayn almost had Jinder Mahal (Number One Contender to the WWE Championship!) beat but he was grabbed at by the Singh Brothers, allowing Jinder to get the win.

• Backstage, Nattie's Crew (Nattie, Tamina, Carmella and Ellsworth) tried to get Becky Lynch on their side, reminding her that Charlotte was getting a title shot and that came at the expense of all of them, including Becky. Becky promised to consider their offer.

• After a new Nakamura video package, Dolph Ziggler was backstage complaining about him. He promised Shane McMahon that he would prove at Backlash that Nakamura was just an entrance, and that tonight he'd demonstrate his own ability in-ring against Sin Cara.

• Aiden English sang a song in the ring but was interrupted by Tye Dillinger who quickly beat him. Afterwards, English threw a tantrum and was in tears backstage. He was spotted by Chris Jericho during an interview with Renee Young, and Jericho talked English up for a bit before putting him "ON THE LIST!" for crying. Jericho also put "Ronnie" Young on the list as well.

• Charlotte was doing an interview when she spotted Nattie's Crew coming for her and made a pre-emptive strike. She took a beatdown for her troubles.

• Nattie's crew defeated Naomi and Charlotte, who was late getting to the match following her earlier beatdown. After the match they started putting a beating on Charlotte when Becky Lynch came to the ring. Becky hesitated then seemed to join Nattie's crew, but balked at shaking Ellsworth's hand and offered him a huge instead. As he came in, Becky threw him into Tamina and assaulted the rest, and got the upper hand initially until Tamina managed to hit her with a superkick, and Nattie's crew put the boots to Becky as well.

• Ziggler defeated Sin Cara after a competitive match. Best part of the match was a great looking one-armed deadlift powerbomb Sin Cara did to Dolph.

• Lana is still dancing in video packages. Noam Dar did a promo for 205 Live hyping up his match against Rich Swann, who he blames for breaking him and Alicia Fox up.

• Breezango got a skit about being Fashion Police working in the Fashion Police Department complete with framed photo of Classy Freddie Blassie. They worked up a case against the Ugos (the Uggos), which included identity theft (they're twins) and Jay(and Jimmy)Walking. It ended with them saying the big bust would go down at Backlash in "the windy apple" of Chicago.

• Kevin Owens defeated Chris Jericho in a pretty good match that got a good amount of time, becoming US Champion for the second time and remaining "The Face of America". Paramedics came to the ring to check on Jericho after the match while Owens watched from ringside and appeared somewhat guiltridden... until he rushed back into the ring and hit Jericho with another Pop-Up Powerbomb!

• Owens left and Jericho was helped up the ramp by paramedics.... and then Owens rushed back down and straight through Jericho again. He grabbed a chair, was convinced not to hit Jericho with it... then draped it over Jericho's neck and slammed him into the ringpost. Owens left again, picking up HIS title belt on the way, and headed up the ramp looking very pleased with himself.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 09:14 on May 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aHFLzoxqGY

Can't wait to see the Finn promo and pin added to this

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

A good OP

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Good Raw imo. gently caress the Universal Title.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
That was a drat fun main event even with the interference.

Miz full on "YOINK!"-ing the victory just handed to him was :allears:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Not a huge fan of run in endings but everyone looked strong so it didn't feel too bad.

But lol Bray being involved with anybody that should be at the top of the card

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I just realized, that was literally Finn's first loss on the main roster

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I cringe for Finn taking a Sister Abigail.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

WWE rarely has a bad triple threat. The stipulation is perfect for WWE style and tonight was no exception.

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

I loved the Ambrose bits.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Loved the opening women's segment... so much better than the poo poo they write for Bayley and Charlotte

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I will never be tired of that Matt Hardy picture.

Trip Larsen
Oct 4, 2006

My great-grandfather started Larsen Pork Products with little more than three pigs and a killing hammer. Today, I'm proud to say, we kill more pigs than pig hepatitis.
I somehow want this Miz Ambrose feud to end with Dean turning heel, but also keep Miz heel cause no one wants face Miz.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

This is what Brock as an off-camera Champion should have been two years ago: someone who casts a shadow over the Main Eventers and whom they are ALL lobbying and competing for the opportunity to fight. They made Brock an untouchable final boss, but by having the Full Time Guys talking about how much they want to fight him and taking on difficult challenges in order to prove they're worthy of the chance, THEY are focus of the story and we can root for them and get behind them in their quest, while Brock is not forgotten and therefore the title is not degraded as a prize by its absence. Everything has focus, because everything is about getting that title and the one-of-a-kind status that comes from being able to say you're the one who did the impossible and beat The Beast.

What sucks is that Dean was clearly not permitted to be in that mix. He should have said how he also wanted to fight Brock and prove he is the superior champion, and all three guys should have called out Miz for avoiding that subject. The topic change to the IC title was really abrupt in that segment and made it clear we were changing gears from "The Most Important Thing," to "A Less Important Thing," despite the efforts to reassure us that everyone did in fact want the IC belt. The message of the ending of that Main Event could not be clearer: Miz and Dean's feud over the IC Belt is its own thing, and they are not invited to the Quest To Fight Brock that Seth and Finn are forwarding with the Joe/Wyatt feuds.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
good to see RAW has reverted to throwing all their women into mult-women matches with absolutely no reason to them. Women's revolution must be over.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

RealFoxy posted:

good to see RAW has reverted to throwing all their women into mult-women matches with absolutely no reason to them. Women's revolution must be over.

Vince is going to kill it! He's going to kill Stephanie's creation! Him...and the N....W....O! Asuka!

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
Seth simply saying Brock's name got a huge reaction. A part time champ is working out fine, folks

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

RealFoxy posted:

The match was really good and long tho. The best part was when a bear mauled Bayley:

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

That was a cool triple threat but I don't care about Bray Wyatt the perennial loser geek and don't want to see Finn feuding with him.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

As a fan of the A-Show, SMACKDOWN LIVE, I do not like the thread tag, friends :mad:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Forgot they changed the NXT titles and was going to ask why Bobby Roode was hold the X Division title.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
it would be amazing if bray, who couldn't win a feud against Kane or Orton, finally wins a feud but its against Finn

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
so

wwe totally bought the broken rights right? that was a pretty blatant tell right?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I've been sort of skimming the past few weeks, but when did Mickie James turn face? Or was it just "Eh, you're on Raw now, we need a face I guess."?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My thread was better.

Wyatt-Balor will be an awful feud.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

sticklefifer posted:

I've been sort of skimming the past few weeks, but when did Mickie James turn face? Or was it just "Eh, you're on Raw now, we need a face I guess."?

It's more that since coming to Raw she has done absolutely nothing at all, so her alignment is an amorphous blank.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

gently caress that was a pretty good Raw, I loved that main event.

I also really, really, really wanna see Finn Balor vs Brock Lesnar.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

I don't. Brock would just suplex him right on his fuckin bad shoulder and split it apart again.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Venomous posted:

I don't. Brock would just suplex him right on his fuckin bad shoulder and split it apart again.

Well naturally I assumed the booking would see Asuka jump Brock and shoot-beat him up on his way to the ring, giving Balor a heavy advantage....

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

shiksa posted:

so

wwe totally bought the broken rights right? that was a pretty blatant tell right?

They're still doing the "make the gesture so the crowd fills in the potentially copyrighted catchphrase" thing, so I sort of doubt it.

Most people were expecting the beating at the PPV to be what broke them, so if anything they still seemed too normal.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Not sure I'm okay with WWE buying the rights to the Broken gimmick tbh

DukeofCA
Aug 18, 2011

I am shocked and appalled.

RealFoxy posted:

That WAS the women's revolution. Remember Team PCB? Team BAD?

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Davros1 posted:

Forgot they changed the NXT titles and was going to ask why Bobby Roode was hold the X Division title.

They realized half of their roster came from TNA so they just wanted to make them feel comfortable.

St Evan Echoes posted:

Not sure I'm okay with WWE buying the rights to the Broken gimmick tbh

Why?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

RealFoxy posted:

This one had a setup that made sense.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RealFoxy posted:

Women's revolution must be over.

I hope so.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

sticklefifer posted:

Alexa stabbed her in the back when they were still on smackdown

CarlCX posted:

It's more that since coming to Raw she has done absolutely nothing at all, so her alignment is an amorphous blank.

also this

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Jerusalem posted:

gently caress that was a pretty good Raw, I loved that main event.

Same.

They would have an opportunity to tell a really good story with it if they played Lesnar/Balor out until Wrestlemania 34 (but they won't bc Reigns). Have Lesnar destroy Balor at Summerslam, and then do a classic redemption run with Balor winning the Rumble, winning at Mania, etc. to get his title back.

Alternatively, just put Braun over Lesnar immediately and have him hold the belt for eternity.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
So there's a tournament for the Universal Title next week right? Brock hasn't defended in 30 days. Actually with Ambrose and Brock as champs and Neville being more for 205 live than RAW, the women's title is the only singles belt that actually ever gets defended.

Also I liked the tease at Seth and Ambrose getting new feuds but WWE was like "nope, 3-6 months minimum per feud." Ah well, Seth vs Joe 2 will be awesome if the knee thing is over with.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The rule is that the champion must be able to defend within 30 days. Brock is able, he just hasn't been booked in a defense. Same with Dean.

And also the rule doesn't exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Someone with Daniel Bryan's book confirm if that rule is real. It solved the 1 pin breakup per tag match dilemma so it can solve anything.

• Locked thread