Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AmericanBarbarian
Nov 23, 2011

Scudworth posted:

I'm not sure who the true protagonist is- Jake the squatter who they had to bribe to move out, or the guy they met out on the street who convinced them he's an engineer and then caved in their basement, and they still paid him several thousand dollars
:allears:

Preview:

I thought they paid him 100k.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AmericanBarbarian
Nov 23, 2011

theHUNGERian posted:

Use soft picks if you are too lazy to floss. I can go through my entire month in 30 seconds and I do it twice a day. You should still floss daily because cavities = BWM.
https://www.amazon.com/GUM-632-Gum-Soft-Picks/dp/B001F0OMPS?th=1

https://www.amazon.com/Flossaid-Dental-Floss-Holder-Single-Handle/dp/B000LC22R6

I use a reusable one. It's like a giant floss pick you use with normal floss. Better for the environment.

AmericanBarbarian
Nov 23, 2011

Of course the guy who posted that comments on pissing videos on gonewild. I just don't know if I can handle reality anymore, it's getting too weird.

Edit: Even more hilarious is the real story behind the latest personalfinance post (assuming its real), his dad is leaving the country to retire and is giving his kid this 200k, and he is trying to figure out a way to make 25k-35k a year in return so he can just live for free basically.

AmericanBarbarian fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Jun 5, 2017

AmericanBarbarian
Nov 23, 2011

Pompous Rhombus posted:

Link to the Reddit post

I'm getting more than a whiff of bitcoin here.

It's prob gold or something. Some people keep tens of thousands of gold just because.

AmericanBarbarian
Nov 23, 2011

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Like, shares of index funds or any stock or whatever? I'm sure some brokers issue atm cards so you can get cash out quickly but I doubt all of them do.

Like, not everyone is lying about everything, dismissing the possibility that the "very liquid investment" is indeed a very liquid investment is a little hasty.

My bet is still on gold. There are immigrant communities that still hold large amounts of gold, and there is a tradition of buying/selling large amounts of gold for major life expenses.