Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Elsa Crowley

"And of course, while King Arthur himself has become synonymous with England, one cannot discount the French contribution to the modern tale of Camelot. This next slide is a..."

My Intro To Arthurian Legend class is the one I'm most famous around university for teaching. Many an unwitting freshman takes my class in the hopes of an easy literature credit, only to be dashed against the rocks of their own hubris.

Ah yes! You're quite a forceful teacher, I've seen that much.

Now, I'm no stranger to people coming in to sit in on my lectures. However, this old man's question...I'm not sure what he's asking.

"Well, sir, this is not the real Camelot here. As I was about to say, this slide is a 16th century engraving by the artist Renee LaCroix. There are no actual historical records of the kingdom of Camelot or any kingdom that may have been a direct basis."

Elsa! That man!

What, do you know him?

Unfortunately, I do.

There's only one person YOU'D be unhappy to see, but could it really?

I'm sure of it!

Let's not jump to conclusions.

"Sir? It's not that I don't mind you sitting in, but who exactly are you?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I sigh and collapse my pointer, placing it on the ledger in front of me. Looks like I'm not going to be able to finish today's lecture.

This requires our attention much more urgently, Ms. Crowley!

Fine, fine.

"Alright, class. I'm going to be ending early today. Everyone get to a safe place and stay there. I'll put the Powerpoint and some notes up on Blackboard tomorrow. Dismissed!"

As the students file out of the classroom, I walk over to the man in the robe calling himself Merlin, along with the two students he singled out.

"And here I thought I was the only one being haunted by a ghost. I was about to make an appointment with the mental counseling office."

MS. CROWLEY! You dismiss me as the mere ramblings of a madwoman's mind?!

Occam's Razor, Sir Bedivere.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

"Unfortunately, my own medical experience is about as much as yours. My doctorate is more honorary than anything."

You are still quite wise, Lady Crowley!

Is this really the time?

"I agree, though. Merlin, take us there right now."

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The power in my arm is unlike anything I've felt before. It's only one arm, though....That's right! Bedivere was a one-handed knight!

W-Well, you don't have to put it like that, Lady Crowley.

Wait, Cath Palug?

"The same Cath Palug who haunted the Isle of Angelsey?! In the Welsh Llyfr Du Caerfyrddin, he was dispatched by Sir Kay, but the French L’Estoire de Merlin has him defeated by Arthur. Now, which story is true, is the question here..."

Initiative: 10

• Locked thread