Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

JustinMorgan posted:

I have to say I'm disappointed they're only going to be taking this season up to House on the Rock. That's barely 150 pages into the book, any ideas what they're using as filler? Doesn't Media not even show up until after that point?

They've said they're going to significantly expand the amount of screentime all the gods get and show much more of what they're all doing, rather than just spending 50 loving pages hanging out with Shadow in a small town eating pasties, and thank god, because I spent half of the book pissed off that there was an epic war between the gods happening that we barely got to see.

showbiz_liz fucked around with this message at 16:11 on May 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

Zaphod42 posted:

Somebody never watched :lost:

I never watched Lost either, but I watched Hannibal before Justified and I never realized that Horse-Kicked Guy from Hannibal was also Dickie Bennett from Justified until I googled something else about the show, because dude really commits to ~disappearing into the character~. He rules, can't wait.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

hangedman1984 posted:

He made a bargain with Media. He picked making this show instead of seeing Lucy's tits.

Shoulda offered him Ricardo's pecs instead.

Mameluke posted:

I hope Media at one point takes on the guise of late-90s icon Dana Scully

If this doesn't happen I will be devastated.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

a kitten posted:

What the poo poo? Episode two is apparently available on starz/amazon streaming right now. Not that I'm complaining.

e: US, 10ish Pacific time.

Comes out at midnight EST on Sundays.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
I liked this episode a lot more than the first one - which I didn't NOT like, but I felt like this one flowed better and the tone was more consistent.

You know, I haven't played a ton of checkers, but from what I could tell from those shots of the game, Shadow is not very good at chess at all.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

precision posted:

I'm the only one who thought it a bit strange that Wednesday was meeting with the Ifrit? A nod to book readers to let us know "that scene" is coming, or have they decided to make him into an actual part of the main plot?

They definitely plan on expanding the roles of all the gods/demigods, which is great because otherwise there'd be a 2-3 episode arc of Shadow hanging out by himself in a small town while the gods did a bunch of awesome poo poo off-screen.

Choco1980 posted:

Hannibal was like that too, even though it was only the last 1/6th of the show that directly adapted source material. But Fuller knows how to adapt things right.

I've been wondering about this - 5-6 episodes in, there was a Hannibal episode that took the book canon of how Hannibal Lecter got caught and how he escaped, and blatantly gave it all away to other characters, in order to show book readers that the show was diverging from the canon enough that they couldn't expect to know what was going to happen next. If they pull the same thing in American Gods I will personally be thrilled but I could see it turning a lot of people off, too. (But it's clear that this show isn't going for universal appeal anyway!)

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

hangedman1984 posted:

Think I heard that they are basically planning on making that season 2

That's fine by me but I assume/hope that they'll be cutting between that and the gods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
“I hope there are Middle Eastern young men masturbating to that scene" says Bryan Fuller, because of course he does

• Locked thread