Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Crow Jane posted:

Didn't Mad Sweeney get an origin story though? With the Irish girl who came over as an indentured servant? It's been like five years since I've read the book, I could be completely misremembering.

My boyfriend doesn't get home til 10:30, it's sort of agonizing waiting to watch this.

Yes, there's a "Coming to America" bit that explains how Mad Sweeney showed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The railroad god is in the book but IIRC he doesn't really do anything other than get mentioned in a scene.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It was funny how Mr World couldn't stop himself from tipping his hand to Shadow by repeatedly asking him if they had met before.

Also casting two people as Mr World and Low Key makes sense because you just can't do the same thing as in a book where you have Mr World show up and just not mention what he looks like/have Shadow overhear him and then go "he sounded familiar but Shadow couldn't place it."

muscles like this! fucked around with this message at 19:09 on May 29, 2017

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

At the end of the book at the battle between Old Gods and New he explicitly lays out that Low Key and Mr World are the same guy. It was part of Odin's plan to have both sides play towards his goal. IIRC though Mr World wasn't specifically called out as a New God in the book, he was just the head of the organization working with the New Gods.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

He was still called that in the credits for the first episode, they just never said it out loud.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Ibis and Jacquel.

Medullah posted:

I guess maybe it's because I know a lot about Norse mythology but I was talking to a non book reader about the newest episode and (as I mentioned earlier) I was surprised they revealed Wednesday's true identity so early. He was confused, and still doesn't know.

I mean, Wednesday is very subtle...they called him Grimnir this episode, slightly less subtle, and then they came out with the O.D.I.N Rocket...

In this episode Mad Sweeney calls him Wotan but that still might be too obscure for some people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

You know, I don't think the book ever implied that Wednesday manufactured the car accident.

• Locked thread