Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Shinjobi posted:

I really can't photoshop to save my life. Almost makes me as sad as Casca.

Requesting casca as guy crying about steve jobs.

Hydrocodone
Sep 26, 2007

Spazzle posted:

Requesting casca as guy crying about steve jobs.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Thanks

sout
Apr 24, 2014

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
*cough* window reflection *cough*

Ultimo Hombre
Jul 26, 2015
Just found out that you can download them on Kindle Unlimited. I think I might try to read a few and see if Casca's adventures still are as fun now as they were when I was 12.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
If anyone's read these and Jerry Ahern's Survivalist novels, let me know how they compare.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Ultimo Hombre posted:

Just found out that you can download them on Kindle Unlimited. I think I might try to read a few and see if Casca's adventures still are as fun now as they were when I was 12.

For those that know, how would these compare in quality to Bernard Cornwell's Richard Sharpe series of novels? Because those were readable, but just barely and I wouldn't recommend them.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Wear Pajamas.
Drink Hot Chocolate.
Talk about not being able to die.

Scroon
Oct 22, 2016

If anyone's read these and Hemingway's "The Sun Also Rises" let me know how they compare

Malachi Constant
Feb 2, 2006

I was a victim of a series of accidents, as are we all

Ultimo Hombre posted:

Hope you like rape and awkward sex scenes!

Hydrocodone
Sep 26, 2007

Malachi Constant posted:

You repeat yourself.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Holy poo poo, yes.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

:five:

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

It's trape!

Great work all round.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Scroon posted:

If anyone's read these and Hemingway's "The Sun Also Rises" let me know how they compare
Well...

Malachi Constant posted:

Less fishing, more passing around the town bicycle.

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

NotWearingPants posted:

For those that know, how would these compare in quality to Bernard Cornwell's Richard Sharpe series of novels? Because those were readable, but just barely and I wouldn't recommend them.

The Sharpe books vary a lot in quality. Sharpe's Rifles and a few of the other early ones are quite good, but he just wrote too drat many of them and after a while it seemed like Sharpe fought in every battle of the Napoleonic Wars. The ones where Cornwell went back in time and started filling in "gaps" that didn't need filling are generally pretty bad/unnecessary, but I'll stand by most of the original run.

Of course, the best part of those books were the reams of historical research Cornwell did and his knack for describing big battles. I haven't read/hadn't heard of Casca, but I doubt it has either.

bustercasey
Apr 9, 2012
Gary’s Answer

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

:five:

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
What happens if Casca has a body part severed in battle? Does it grow back, or is it impossible to cut something off him?

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Duckbag posted:

The Sharpe books vary a lot in quality. Sharpe's Rifles and a few of the other early ones are quite good, but he just wrote too drat many of them and after a while it seemed like Sharpe fought in every battle of the Napoleonic Wars. The ones where Cornwell went back in time and started filling in "gaps" that didn't need filling are generally pretty bad/unnecessary, but I'll stand by most of the original run.

Of course, the best part of those books were the reams of historical research Cornwell did and his knack for describing big battles. I haven't read/hadn't heard of Casca, but I doubt it has either.

I enjoyed them as well, learned a lot about the peninsula campaign.

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007

PureEvil6_13 posted:

I'm not good at this

Thank you forever for this.

Malachi Constant
Feb 2, 2006

I was a victim of a series of accidents, as are we all

Sunswipe posted:

What happens if Casca has a body part severed in battle? Does it grow back, or is it impossible to cut something off him?

He had his hand cut off. He just stuck it back on and it healed. He conveniently never gets blown to pieces.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

casca is donald trump

jeromas
Aug 30, 2007

All full. Is that it? Naw, I don't think so. I think you're too scared to be eatin'.
College Slice
Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beet-

Yvershek
Nov 15, 2000

and there are no
diamonds in the
mine

Simply astounding :golfclap:

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

I wish I was better at face swapping in photoshop. Does anyone know a good tutorial?

Skullmund Dot Com
May 13, 2017

The Skeleton King posted:

I wish I was better at face swapping in photoshop. Does anyone know a good tutorial?

If you want to create realistic looking photos, I have no idea how to do that well. I'd love to learn about it too.

My "one weird trick" is to use low-resolution video game footage so that I only need to edit a few pixels here and there.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
This one is for a lighter comedy novel.

I'm also guessing the deeper orange he becomes the more serious the tone of the novel or he just lost his orange-ness from the stretching.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 21:52 on May 17, 2017

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

The Skeleton King posted:

I could probably use this too. I can do it, but I'm still doing it the way I learned to do it in Photoshop 5.5 and there's probably an easier way by now.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Malachi Constant posted:

He had his hand cut off. He just stuck it back on and it healed. He conveniently never gets blown to pieces.

Aw. :( I was hoping it would be possible to create an army of Cascas by cutting one in half and letting both halfs regenerate.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
They killed the werewolf in The Monster Squad by blowing him up with dynamite. That's some feet gotta kill him like the werewolf man.

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007

jeromas posted:

Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beet-

OMFG its beautiful

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Tenzarin posted:

They killed the werewolf in The Monster Squad by blowing him up with dynamite. That's some feet gotta kill him like the werewolf man.

No they didn't you retard... Go watch the movie again!

"There's only one way to kill a werewolf..."

Kick him in the Nards!

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

I LIKE PETA AND THINK THAT SCIENCE IS EVIL

Malcolm Excellent posted:

No they didn't you retard... Go watch the movie again!

"There's only one way to kill a werewolf..."

Kick him in the Nards!

WOLFMAN DON'T HAVE NARDS!!!

Xotl
May 28, 2001

Be seeing you.
I remember reading one of these years ago, part of my friend's dad's collection of a shitton of gung-ho Mack Able Force books that I raided as often as possible. All I remember is a neat scene where he's thrown overboard from some galley after it's captured by pirates and him bitching about how terrible it was to have your lungs continually fill and your eardrums continually burst from the pressure of being at the bottom of the Mediterranean for years at a time, and having to wander at the bottom of it in the dark for however many years it took to eventually find his way to shore. I think the same one had him working hard labour in some Roman mine, until someone finally asks him when he was sentenced and it turns out it's been the lifetime of several emperors.

So the time aspect was fun, but the rest probably sucked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Psycho Society fucked around with this message at 03:20 on May 19, 2017

• Locked thread