Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lmbo calrissian

i'm into fashion
men are my passion
I cast HOPING SYNX, serenading her on stage with a michael buble hit and hoping i dont gently caress up the lip synch, revealing i'm only in this for the sex (buble fans will know this is a little jab at his career history)

lmbo calrissian fucked around with this message at 00:27 on May 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sham bam bamina!

ƨtupid cat

lmbo calrissian posted:

I cast HOPING SYNX, serenading her on stage with a michael buble hit and hoping i dont gently caress up the lip synch, revealing i'm only in this for the sex (buble fans will know this is a little jab at his career history)
I outdo your steamy little charade with some PHOXY SING'N'.

lmbo calrissian

i'm into fashion
men are my passion

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Nice! Your josh groban rear end is gonna get stomped by the gynolady

joke_explainer

I groan as my ex walks in. Ugh, matters are still so complicated. Fortunately, I am an ANAGRAMANCER, and am well prepared to deal with this. I cast: "X? Syphoning, G!" My friend, Gus, sneaks off to the parking lot. My buddy steals all the gas out of her car, as mine is empty, so we don't have to worry about her trying to run us over or anything. Up to you guys to finish this fight, though.

titties

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

I cast SPIN HOG YXN, where to impress a chick I do the helicopter dick and then upload the resulting video to the YXN communication cloud storage to be preserved for all time as a testament to my defeat of the Gynosphinx

Manifisto

I cast NIX POSH GYN, subtly ostracizing the beast for their pretentious choice of Bombay Sapphire for their G&T's, when everybody knows that a more plebian and inexpensive choice like Gordon's would be perfectly acceptable given the prominence of bitter quinine in this beverage

ty nesamdoom!

Rigged Death Trap

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I cast PONY SX NIGH, teleporting the gynosphinx to an MLP convention.

Scroon

My tongue chants the forbidden runes X 'N Y GIN SHOP to summon forth a Co-ed Liquor Store. We'll get this Sphinxy lady sloshed and who knows where the night will take us

lmbo calrissian

i'm into fashion
men are my passion

Scroon posted:

My tongue chants the forbidden runes X 'N Y GIN SHOP to summon forth a Co-ed Liquor Store. We'll get this Sphinxy lady sloshed and who knows where the night will take us

YeeEAAhh

Rigged Death Trap

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I let er rip and i cast SPIN HNGY OX, sending a ton of malnourished bovine at the sphinx like some beefy beyblade with knives taped on.

Y HI, SPONX GON, I inform the gynosphinx as her favorite offbrand shapewear go out of stock.

Sham bam bamina!

ƨtupid cat

joke_explainer posted:

I groan as my ex walks in. Ugh, matters are still so complicated. Fortunately, I am an ANAGRAMANCER, and am well prepared to deal with this. I cast: "X? Syphoning, G!" My friend, Gus, sneaks off to the parking lot. My buddy steals all the gas out of her car, as mine is empty, so we don't have to worry about her trying to run us over or anything. Up to you guys to finish this fight, though.
you used an extra G

Scaly Haylie

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Y HI, SPONX GON, I inform the gynosphinx as her favorite offbrand shapewear go out of stock.

lmbo calrissian

i'm into fashion
men are my passion

SPONX GON? :stonk:

joke_explainer

Sham bam bamina! posted:

you used an extra G

I meant, X? Syphonin', G! I know that's not the correct spelling of siphoning anyway, but anagram magic has some leeway.

joke_explainer

I let er rip and i cast SPIN HNGY OX, sending a ton of malnourished bovine at the sphinx like some beefy beyblade with knives taped on.

lol

google THIS

I summon a HNG ONIX SPY. I'm no Pokémon expert but I don't think he's very stealthy. I'm sure he can make up for it by seducing the sphinx with his generous endowment.

Scroon

I cast my XS PHONYING cantrip to use a series of tiny lies to convince Ms. Sphinx that I am not worth her time

They Might Be

They Might Be posted:

it's a good thing spells are super slow.

Scroon

ANAGRAMANCER? More like A NARC MANAGER, at best

Petr
THEY MIGHT BE? Nope, BETT HIM GEYH

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Scroon

MIGHTY BET? EH / THY BIG THEME / BEGET MYTH. HI!

They Might Be

I've ran off crudely drawn black and white beholders. I've lopped the head off a medieval cockatrice illustration, and left it bleeding into the dirt. I was not prepared for a foe this well painted, but after meditating, I have my spells memorized and ready.

It's time to take care of the GYNOSPHINX.

google THIS posted:

I cast SYPHONING X, cursing her with a lazy former spouse who starts collecting alimony from her.

They Might Be

The impoverishing rays of the phantom x weaken the beast slightly, but I can sense they are also drawing her ire. As an ANAGRAMANCER my illusions are only as strong as my words, so I make the aggressor a bit more charming with some hot soup and tunes.

Moose_Knuck posted:

I cast PHO N SING, charming the monster with sultry karaoke and Vietnamese noodles.

Scroon posted:

ANAGRAMANCER? More like A NARC MANAGER, at best

Thinking quickly I add a final X, to confirm it as the source of nourishment and entertainment. Thankfully, I'm A great NARC MANAGER.

The monsters heart and belly are warmed.

They Might Be

It's time to turn the belly warmth up to 11.

Scroon posted:

Everyone selects their personal favorite gin from the merchant, and without anything to mix the spirits with things are starting to get pretty loose pretty quick.

They Might Be

Sensing the need for more entertainment, I quickly have a planeswalking friend drive over to do some sultry lipsyncing.

lmbo calrissian posted:

However, there's an element missing. Even though the GYNOSPHINX's senses are dulled by the gin, she can still tell there's not quite enough soul here. Art takes pain, and I have a feeling one of the cat ghosts from the rockpile might be able to add some soul to this performance.

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Scroon

OK "a/s/liquor" is good

They Might Be

The festivities rage into the night. At some point, everything becomes a blur, and your next memory is how uncomfortable the stone feels on your back and how hot the sun is starting to make things. You open your eyes to see your campsite trashed, and not a soul in sight.

hockey jockey posted:

Not even going to try to equal this.

I cast G, Y NO SPHINX? and she vanishes in a puff of txtspk.

And with that, the ANAGRAMANCER's quest is complete, and he can finally rest.

Thank's everyone who participated, this thread was so much fun. Sorry if your anagrams didn't get included, they were all great!

Peg Sliderskew
I loved this thread.

Courtesy of Manifisto

lmbo calrissian

i'm into fashion
men are my passion

myDad

ce n'est pas ma mère

hockey jockey posted:

I loved this thread.

sig by vanisher™®

Sham bam bamina!

ƨtupid cat

Scroon posted:

OK "a/s/liquor" is good
as is the thread at large

thanks 4 the laughs They Might Be

Impkins Patootie

my ex used to be a competitive scrabble player who was known in some pro circles as The Whore of Scrabylon

ultimately the relationship fell apart as i never seemed be able to get a word in

alnilam

hockey jockey posted:

I loved this thread.

joke_explainer

sorry jett I didn't realize you already did syphoning and better than me I was rushing

joke_explainer

hockey jockey posted:

I loved this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

google THIS

joke_explainer posted:

sorry jett I didn't realize you already did syphoning and better than me I was rushing

it's all good, I got two out of three killshots

• Locked thread