Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
he got pushed in, it was a veteran play not to make *that much effort* to get up but there's no way they call it off after calling it a goal on the ice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis

Powershift posted:

The ducks don't deserve this

Game 3, 1997, Oilers vs. Dallas. I will never leave a game early thanks to that.

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

T-Bone posted:

you don't know what GT interference is

Hahaha, apparently I don't!

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i hate the ducks but i like ot playoff hockey

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
This is why you never leave games early

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Albino Squirrel posted:

Game 3, 1997, Oilers vs. Dallas. I will never leave a game early thanks to that.

Gotta beat the traffic

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Yeah, hate to say it, really do...but like the 'controversy' last game...there's no solid call there.

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

NomChompsky posted:

I don't know what GT interference is.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
The Oilers seem to be pretty resilient though, they've come back from some bad poo poo this playoffs so I wouldn't be shocked if they came out in OT and won it quickly.

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

THE MOST DANGEROUS LEAD IN HOCKEY REARS ITS UGLY HEAD AGAIN

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Ginette Reno posted:

He was getting shoved down by that Oilers player so I dunno what Kesler could be expected to do there

Maybe let go of talbot's pads?

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
Is his left arm not around the pad?

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

WHAT IS GOALTENDER INTERFERENCE?!

help

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Powershift posted:

Maybe let go of talbot's pads?

You try moving your arms and hands while some 6 ft 1 dude who is strong as gently caress is holding you down with a stick as leverage

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Kessler reached out to grab Talbot's pads.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

Ginette Reno posted:

You try moving your arms and hands while some 6 ft 1 dude who is strong as gently caress is holding you down with a stick as leverage

Lol

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

Ginette Reno posted:

Poor innocent Kesler, the real victim here :qq:

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

DrunkPanda posted:

THE MOST DANGEROUS LEAD IN HOCKEY REARS ITS UGLY HEAD AGAIN

Was waiting for this.

Honestly think this is an Oilers loss unless they rally HARD in the change-room.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
veteran rear end play

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ginette Reno posted:

He was getting shoved down by that Oilers player so I dunno what Kesler could be expected to do there

You could make an argument the goalie would have gotten up quicker without Kesler there and he wasn't really trying to move much but yeah, with Nurse on him more than enough doubt.

I was gonna say Talbot really should have just stayed down, but I guess he had to get his pads turned around or just sit there spread eagled and hope.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Powershift posted:

Kessler reached out to grab Talbot's pads.

It's pretty obvious he's playing dirty, like Perry's "I'm just touching the defensemen and *incidentally* touching Talbot".

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

They keep showing it and his hand is off his stick and all the way around the pad, dragging it

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Pretty much, there's no reason Kessler's arm needs to be extended like that...

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Kesssler reached out, put his hand around talbot's pads, and grabbed his stick again.

It's a shame the oilers let them get back in it, but the game should still be over.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Grittybeard posted:

You could make an argument the goalie would have gotten up quicker without Kesler there and he wasn't really trying to move much but yeah, with Nurse on him more than enough doubt.

I was gonna say Talbot really should have just stayed down, but I guess he had to get his pads turned around or just sit there spread eagled and hope.

This is why you don't push dudes into your goalie but defensemen just can't help themselves

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
that was one of the worst games all playoffs until that

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I cannot understand anyone who thinks that's a clean play. It's a great job for getting away with one play, at best

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Of course it was dirty but it wasn't nearly enough to call it off after calling it a goal on the ice, they changed towards the end of the year to where you basically need to murder a goalie to call it off if it's a goal on the ice

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

T-Bone posted:

Of course it was dirty but it wasn't nearly enough to call it off after calling it a goal on the ice, they changed towards the end of the year to where you basically need to murder a goalie to call it off if it's a goal on the ice

Like Talbot said after the last one, maybe he should have embellished it and acted like he had been murdered instead of still trying to make the play.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I wonder if Toddy Mac will actually start Mcdavid this time in OT instead of going straight to Nuge for those sweet sweet matchups

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Powershift posted:

Like Talbot said after the last one, maybe he should have embellished it and acted like he had been murdered instead of still trying to make the play.

pretty much -- if he had fallen Brodeur style on either of them they probably call it off, there's definitely a mandate to err on the side of goals right or wrong

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

Hmm if I don't commit this penalty in the face of having a penalty worthy thing done to me, I guess I should just let us get scored on because lol.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

NHL: There must be more scoring!
Goalie: I've been disemboweled.
NHL: More scoring!

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
the NHL has and probably always will be a spirit of the rules league, everything is nebulous as gently caress, which to be honest I still prefer to god drat loving foot in the crease garbage

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I feel like regardless of what the rulebook says they basically are calling things goals if the ref thinks the goalie has any reasonable expectation at all to make a save even if there is some interference going on

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Ducks gonna score in 30 seconds.

It's going to be Perry.

Ducks win in 6.

Pull the same quagmire bullshit on Nashville.

gently caress Hockey.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

According to NHL hockey operations, Darnell nurse made Kessler reach out and grab Talbot's pads.

If he's got mind control powers, why doesn't he just make all the ducks kill themselves?

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Thank you Corey Perry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Corey is a stupid name.

• Locked thread