Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Did the scum team ever have a nightkill ability? I feel like they sorely needed it.

Scum inherited the NK after the vig masonry was gone.

This should have been done differently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Flying Leatherman posted:

Scum inherited the NK after the vig masonry was gone.

This should have been done differently.

The concept is really good, scum just needed a way, via mechanics to set up Slam and get him killed quickly.

I don't know if a role exists in typical mafia, but a way for scum to force out false positives on something would have been good.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
if you pulled whatever trick YPM did to me, it would had worked, I think.

I think even if you had to bus whoever the scum vig partner was, 1 scum death was definitely worth the ability to nightkill.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Yorkshire Tea posted:

The concept is really good, scum just needed a way, via mechanics to set up Slam and get him killed quickly.

I don't know if a role exists in typical mafia, but a way for scum to force out false positives on something would have been good.

yeah, maybe just explaining the mechanic to the scum team before it happened may have solved this problem. Oh well!

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Thanks for the game.

Yeah scum needed some better path to their NK.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

It didn't help that in lieu of getting their kill, Flam would have been critical in directing our masonry towards scum-beneficial kills and he was absent in the game and the mason doc.

It would have been a fun scum challenge to try and throw enough disinformation, bad casing, and bunko theories to get your mason buddy to agree to good kills without incriminating yourself.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hi I just woke up wait they both had a kill each and that's how we had 3 one night? But they were also flavour cops? :confuoot:

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lol we got rolled
Bif post the funny things pink was saying about me in mason doc

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
honestly setup wise it feels a little like the sk team were the big bad and the scum team the 3p

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

drowned in pussy juice posted:

Lol we got rolled
Bif post the funny things pink was saying about me in mason doc

Too hard to c/p on my phone but we were just griping about how you were targeting both halves of the doctor for opposite reasons haha

Turns out we had the only uncompromised power role? Yay tpink I knew you were town :3:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

The worst failure of this setup was that tpink should have been Lime :v:

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Bifauxnen posted:

Hi I just woke up wait they both had a kill each and that's how we had 3 one night? But they were also flavour cops? :confuoot:

Kinda? Their kill only worked if they targeted "all surviving members of a masonry", which is where this came from:

Flying Leatherman posted:

It may not be in your best interest to claim your flavor or role!

The idea was that they would need to use flavorcop to match players to masonries.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I am furious that I wasn't Maple, and also that Inf was right about YPM.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
So to clarify.

The SK power was, target a player, you flavourcop them. If you target a player that is alone, you kill them instead. If both you and your partner target an entire masonry, they all die.

So the flavourcop part was us trying to put together complimentary flavours so we could get doublekills when we needed to.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

That's actually pretty cool

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Retro Futurist posted:

I am furious that I wasn't Maple

Bifauxnen posted:

tpink should have been Lime :v:

two massive missed opportunities

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:
What helped us the most is that every person who died pretty much had their partner out themselves. Easy pickings

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Sorry I was bad. I should not have signed up as I was too busy and I feel bad

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Your Personal Muse posted:

Sorry I was bad. I should not have signed up as I was too busy and I feel bad

It's ok you were still as good as you ever are

Big ups to Yorkshire and glowku on a nice victory even if you killed me out of fear (correctly)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Also having Krell as a mason partner was as exciting as you'd imagine

• Locked thread