Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Retro Futurist (2): Kashuno, Bifauxnen, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Kashuno, Kashuno
tpink (1): Your Personal Muse, Your Personal Muse, Your Personal Muse

Not Voting (6): drowned in pussy juice, Epsilon Plus, Mayor Glowku, Retro Futurist, tpink, Yorkshire Tea

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 26th, 2017 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
obviously this isn't accurate, I accidentally broke votefinder

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

oh no Slam :(

I wonder if that was that you on SSV? If so, thank you so much cause I had totally cooled on that case. You really did town proud.

:patriot:

hey Epsilon and YT, you two showed up before all "oh man, we'll post content later" but then you didn't before hammer. How about you give us some Lumpenlists? Who's your scummiest scum picks down to the towniest towns?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:ghost: Go Town :ghost:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Inf I don't always appreciate your live posts but your deadposts are top-notch

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Bifauxnen posted:

oh no Slam :(

I wonder if that was that you on SSV? If so, thank you so much cause I had totally cooled on that case. You really did town proud.

:patriot:

hey Epsilon and YT, you two showed up before all "oh man, we'll post content later" but then you didn't before hammer. How about you give us some Lumpenlists? Who's your scummiest scum picks down to the towniest towns?

Yeah not a problem. I managed to get ill Friday morning (after a bunch of stupid poo poo at work Thursday, still am, but feeling better) and the hammer hitting like five hours before deadline caught me off guard.

If you don't mind me diverging from the actual question for a moment. There's something that doesn't make sense about the deaths.

D1 - This is easy, the vig goes off on HK and scum kill Hal.
D2 - The vig goes off again, but there's no NK? My assumption had been that they'd targetted the same person, but that makes no sense given what we know of Slam/Flam's team now. Scum knew the vig would fire at DB, but didn't get two kills. Logically there's probably a medic role somewhere that's staying hidden that stopped the NK that night.
D3 - Three kills? The vig goes off and kills one, the NK goes off and kills another. Where does the third come from? Perhaps on D2 scum poisoned someone and that explains the difference? Or there's something with the flavours that we don't understand.

I feel like I've almost pieced the puzzle together but I'm missing something.

To actually answer your question:

You've given me something of a hard question. Everyone that was fairly suspicious yesterday died in the bloodbath last night. So I don't have that much information to go off in terms of determining scum/town and I'm notoriously terrible at the actual reading of people because I am a robot.

Here's my thought process.

I think RF is suspicious in that whilst defending the idea that we shouldn't murder him for information, he also refuses to claim his role. He got off pretty lucky yesterday and unless he claims I'd be willing to take the free kill for the information.

But more importantly, even if RF is town, I think we get good information on both Bifaux and Tpink from his flip since they were strongly in his defense.

I also suspect E+ because of his not posting. I note that the same is true of me, but I have a role that can be proven should the need arise that hopefully will provide at least a little assurance that I'm town.

I think Kashuno is really strongly town favoured at this point. He was instrumental in the push on stickup and hammered him with Inf yesterday. I suppose that could be scum killing one of their own to gain support, but honestly, he's the one that told inf to do it, not the other way around.

People I'm laughing at:

DIPJ for this:

drowned in pussy juice posted:

##vote this is a stickup I dont know why this games so quiet but today feels [i]important[/b] I'm not sure I buy an every day vig in the first place but if stickup flips scum, I want to kill SSV, and if he flips town I reckon slamburger is next

Because that was incredibly accurate and ultimately worthless.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Well this was a bloodbath. Clearly I was wrong about Infi - and since Kash was pretty much pushing for the same thing and was voting along with him, it makes me less suspicious of him. I still disagree with his reasoning yesterday for wanting to lynch RF but now it seems less scummy.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
One thing about yt's analysis there is that n2 there's no reason to assume scum wouldn't double up on db, although I have no idea what happened there on n3 but whatever it was it loving owned

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

One thing about yt's analysis there is that n2 there's no reason to assume scum wouldn't double up on db, although I have no idea what happened there on n3 but whatever it was it loving owned

Sorry to clarify.

Flamander and Somber were on the same masonry. Somber's gearing up to murder stickup until flam comes in and they mutually agree to kill DB. Since Flam is scum, scum must have known that DB was going to be shot, so they wouldn't target him.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
You're right but at that point scum wouldn't really have had much information to go on wrt other power roles and were ahead in numbers and could very well have wanted to play it safe by targeting him twice

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

You're right but at that point scum wouldn't really have had much information to go on wrt other power roles and were ahead in numbers and could very well have wanted to play it safe by targeting him twice

That's fair. The double up on n2 is entirely possible.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
It's the best explanation I can think of with the information we've been given but I don't know what the final piece of the puzzle is just yet

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I want to explode with setup speculation but I probably should take a step back and look at how the scum have been posting throughout the game before I go too crazy but here's a thought: imagine a 6 scum setup where each scum is paired with a townie and the other six townies are paired off with each other

Let's play some goddamned mafia guys

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

It's the best explanation I can think of with the information we've been given but I don't know what the final piece of the puzzle is just yet

Is poison D2 implausible?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Is poison D2 implausible?

I don't know - it's kind of a rare game mechanic so I wouldn't jump to that conclusion. (but I also don't have a better alternative suggestion as to how we ended up with 3 deaths so...)

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

##vote this is a stickup I dont know why this games so quiet but today feels [i]important[/b] I'm not sure I buy an every day vig in the first place but if stickup flips scum, I want to kill SSV, and if he flips town I reckon slamburger is next

I think this is a bus. It's way too self conscious. I'm not saying because everything ending up correct, but he gave a weird side note with it.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'd still like to vote Bif. Kash also looks bad and I'm getting ~vibes~ from YT's big post

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Retro Futurist posted:

I'd still like to vote Bif. Kash also looks bad and I'm getting ~vibes~ from YT's big post

Lol why, you know you can check votefinder or the OP to see what other players exist in this game

YT you said you don't wanna claim your role but if it's a fuckin bus driver maybe you should :v:

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Bifauxnen posted:

Lol why, you know you can check votefinder or the OP to see what other players exist in this game

YT you said you don't wanna claim your role but if it's a fuckin bus driver maybe you should :v:

My role isn't a bus driver, I only gain information.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I like how YT wants to kill me for not claiming but also refuses to claim

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Retro Futurist posted:

I also get vibes. I think specifically him clearing Kash for defending town (or whoever he said that about)

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Retro Futurist posted:

I like how YT wants to kill me for not claiming but also refuses to claim

The difference between you and I is that you're free and I'm not.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

And why should that matter? It's not entirely consequence free, you're still down a townie.

Besides, there's still absolutely no reason for me to claim other than Inf said so, and I mean he's Inf

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I stopped getting notifications for this game

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Retro Futurist posted:

And why should that matter? It's not entirely consequence free, you're still down a townie.

Besides, there's still absolutely no reason for me to claim other than Inf said so, and I mean he's Inf

It matters because you asked the relative merit of killing me, who is someone who won't claim, against you, who is someone who won't claim.

Since you're a free lynch when you die we gain information and can potentially hit a scum target with the next lynch. When we kill me then night hits and we potentially have another bunch of people die making the information from my death less helpful.

Inf's logic was sound. Since I'd want to lynch you for information related to your role, if you claimed your role then I'd have no need to lynch you for the information.

All of this should be caveated by the fact that I'm honestly not sure about what to do at the moment because as I mentioned, most of the suspicious people died last night and I'm really not very good at reading people's posts for intention.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hi all, hope you're having a nice weekend

I'm thinking RF is scummy now cause he is STILL on my case even after SSV's and Stickup's flips. Consider revising your views based on new information, dude.

I could see someone else maybe thinking I was bussing Stickup to draw attention away from a scummy RF lynch, but RF himself should surely know that he is town! :buddy:

##vote RF

shut up Kash yesterday was still annoying

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

What do SSV and Stick's flips have to do with your actions?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Bifauxnen posted:

It's always gratifying to find out people casing me literally don't read

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Good work teammate

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Is there some deep, role related thing I'm missing or are you implying that bussing doesn't exist?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Retro Futurist posted:

Is there some deep, role related thing I'm missing or are you implying that bussing doesn't exist?

No need for a deep role related thing, it's that while I've been actually casing those two (admittedly cooling on SSV before the end though, but bringing him up on 2 different occasions before that for independent reasons!) and almost everyone else has been lurking like gently caress, all you can do is apparently wake up and say "yep, just sticking with the same lazyass case as I had D1 even though a lot's happened since then, guys!"

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

after RF though, I'd say... Glowku scum.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Bifauxnen posted:

after RF though, I'd say... Glowku scum.

I don't get this, I'm reading through the game wholesale and he's sort of one of the only "ok he actually seems quite townie" reads to me

YPM still feels scummy looking at the way known town and scum interact with him for the most part but at some point vimes comes quite hard for him so I dont know what to think there

RF hasn't stood out to me at all one way or another even after his posting picked up which might even be a better scum tell then just acting shady so I'd be onboard with that but I don't see it with glowku

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
the only other thing I have of note to observe is I'm not 100% sure scum can communicate with each other, SSV strongly gives me this impression here

SirSamVimes posted:

Also, why would I (were I scum) want to kill off a tracker when I always know who he's going to track? All I'd have to do is report to the scumteam who we're tracking and someone else can do the NK

that also circumstantially explains why scum might want to target DB the same night flamander convinced his mason partner to vig him

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
no wait that doesn't make sense how could SSV have sold out DB in the first place if thats the case

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I don't get this, I'm reading through the game wholesale and he's sort of one of the only "ok he actually seems quite townie" reads to me

I had that vague feeling too but actually looking back at his posts, he seems to be right in that sweet spot of just posting enough to look engaged, but... not really that engaged. I got no gotcha conspiracies today, unfortunately.

the only other thing I have of note to observe is I'm not 100% sure scum can communicate with each other, SSV strongly gives me this impression here

that also circumstantially explains why scum might want to target DB the same night flamander convinced his mason partner to vig him

that would be interesting, but I think it's a bit too unbalanced against scum.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I'm hung up on the ridiculous setup I speculated about earlier and having 6 scum might just balance it out but unless I'm missing something where SSV signalled he and DB were trackers in thread its not really plausible

One thing I noticed about RF that tilts him towards town for me but isn't necessarily damning one way or another is that he was quite early to get in on the flamander free lynch that directly led to another scum getting killed

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I know scum love looking good when other scum are on the block but that just really hosed them over a lot and was a very hasty move if he is scum

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

I'm hung up on the ridiculous setup I speculated about earlier and having 6 scum might just balance it out but unless I'm missing something where SSV signalled he and DB were trackers in thread its not really plausible

One thing I noticed about RF that tilts him towards town for me but isn't necessarily damning one way or another is that he was quite early to get in on the flamander free lynch that directly led to another scum getting killed

Weird. I agree that it's not very plausible that scum cannot communicate because that does seem too unbalanced. At the same time, if we assume a total of 3-4 scum (which would not be unusual in a game this size, particularly with vigs), then we have been *really* lucky with our lynches so far. So the idea of a larger scum team has some intuitive appeal at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:
Hello I am here. Been spending the weekend with family and will resume shitposting later tonight. That is all.

• Locked thread