Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Yes because what else am I doing with my life. :marc:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Yorkshire Tea posted:

My plan is to form a new player alliance and turbo anyone who looks like they know what they're doing.

I also support a Mafia kakistocracy! Maybe then I could finally not die in the first 2 days :argh:

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Tired Moritz posted:

I will join and make good posts.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Bumping this, since we are so close to having the #s.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Aaaaah yeah bitches let's get it on. I almost forgot about this game so I'm glad I had this bookmarked.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
My flavor is also confirmed as muy picante and all-around delicious :kingsley:

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Bro. Bro. I thought we were cool, bro.

:sadcoke:

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Tired Moritz posted:

I will join and make good posts.

Tired Moritz posted:

woo hi guys.

*nods and checks a box in notebook*

Lynch all liars.

##vote TiredMoritz

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Your Personal Muse posted:

There are no friends in mafia only future people who don't want to play games anymore with you

You can be my friend I guess?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
I'm making a bold claim that I'm town; someone please truth-detector me to confirm me as such, tia.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Harold Krell posted:

Uh... I haven't?

Also, :lol: about being racist against faceless people on the internet. Last time I checked "mafia players" isn't a race.

Psst, mafia player friend, I think he might have been joking :kiddo:

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Retro Futurist posted:

Hmm, this post rubs me the wrong way

What's the right way to rub you, big boy :bigtran:

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

I am for killing Inf, as he is that bad cooker man and my mortal enemy after Taste kayfabed me, Harold, as he will surely ruin the game, and Flamander for reasons I forget

I say we wait and see where Harold goes with this KKK bit.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Tired Moritz posted:

##vote tpink

For shame.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Harold Krell posted:

Not a bit. Racism is wrong. This shouldn't be a thing that needs to be pointed out.

Wait, this isn't funny. YES, AND, Harold. YES, AND. Is this your first day at this here improv class?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Bifauxnen posted:

Oh hey Yorkshire I saw you grumbling in the chat thread about not being all up on everyone's meta. But guess what, we can be equally clueless together in this game! I only know like a handful of these players.

Who's this dude.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Or maybe dudette. I don't assume genders.

:tipshat:

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Bifauxnen posted:

I am a dudette who mostly played in Auspol! Starting to branch out more lately though

Hi, welcome!

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Mayor Glowku posted:

Can we just roll a d18? And collectively go with that result?

I rolled a 1, also known as a critical miss aka Tired Moritz :(

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Harold Krell posted:

Uh... yes? It is?

It is not uncommon for players to reserve their votes until the final minutes to know as much as they can about environmental circumstances regarding the game via players and their motivations (especially at 0-day). To suggest otherwise would suggest a foolhardy endeavor in which neither parties both mafia and townfolk would be able to make discerning inquiries as to whatever or whoever, to be certain, roles have been prescribed to fellow individuals that are trying to divert attention to the point of distraction.

In short, timing is key to enlightenment.

I seriously cannot tell if HK is really committed to a bit or if this is just how he posts all the time. I am fine with it either way, but I would like to know.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

drowned in pussy juice posted:

Why do scum need to target lurkers if there's anti lurker rules in effect?

The anti-lurker rules help but they don't address the issue of someone technically satisfying the rule through making just over 10 (or whatever the number is) shitposts but adding no real content.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Harold Krell posted:

How is this supposed to be a bit? This is like general-level mafia theory. If you've ever played before, you constantly see people telling other people not to hammer until the end of day.

No, I'm talking about your overall general very serious tone and demeanor, not the specific thing that you posted in that post. It's just so ... earnest? I dunno. I've played a ton of games here now and I wouldn't be surprised if we've actually played games together, but it just jumped out at me is all.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Actually D1 lynches are v. good for those of us who don't read night action tea leaves.

Tired or Krell is my final offer.

I'm already on the Tired express and was on it before it was cool.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
You stupid motherfuckers killed salt AND pepper flavors!? This dinner party is ruined!!!!!

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Also, despite HK's general weirdness, I think that he would have contributed a lot of effort to the game so :argh: to you people for killing him.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Flying Leatherman posted:

We're going to try this with a Monday deadline, but that's subject to mod discretion and may get pushed back depending on activity. I don't want you to feel rushed.

pre:
Your Personal Muse	38
tpink	23
drowned in pussy juice	18
Infinitum	16
Bifauxnen	13
this is a stickup	11
Epsilon Plus	11
Yorkshire Tea	11
-------- ON NOTICE --------
Mayor Glowku	11
Retro Futurist	10
Slamburger	10
Somberbrero	9
SirSamVimes	4
Flamander	3
Dick Bastardly	2

(yes, this is correct - these counts include signup and pregame posts!)

And this is also the longest list of shame I recall seeing in a mafia game this size, god drat son.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Epsilon Plus posted:

So are mason pairs complimentary flavors/spices/whatever? Are we all secret lovers, or was this just a coincidence?

You can be the horseradish to my sriracha (HK told me those flavors go together like whoa).

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
I thought posting too little was a scum tell. But now I know that posting too much is also a scum tell. I'm learning things all over the place here!!

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Infi, please give me a heads-up when my post counts start to veer into scum territory, I am worried :ohdear:

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Mayor Glowku posted:

Why is that assumption so farfetched?

Wait, what? The game instructions specifically say masons are unconfirmed:

Flying Leatherman posted:

Welcome to Flavorful Mafia, a closed-setup, moderate-flavor game for 18 players. This was an initially-whimsical concept that kinda spun out of control at some point along the design curve and became what it is now. Please note that the setup is fairly experimental, so if you prefer standard games this one may not be for you. You'll be paired with another player in the game in an unconfirmed masonry. Some of you will just be masons. Some of you will be masons with a power role. It may not be in your best interest to claim your flavor or role!

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Yorkshire Tea posted:

That's fair. My assumption rests on the idea that a scum player that can openly and easily lie to a town player would be an amazingly powerful role for scum.

Given that I think the ability for that to happen is going to be limited at best.

I see that idea, though I think that by having a warning upfront from the op that masons in this game are unconfirmed, scum's ability to lie to their mason buddy is diminished (since the mason buddy should not be assuming that their mason is town).

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Bifauxnen posted:

Btw my masonry has someone VERY suss in it

Voice friend bad

I can tell scum just by their high squeaky voices, agreed.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Yorkshire Tea posted:

So it's probably my inexperience showing, but yes? I feel like it's easier to mislead people without the scrutiny of an entire thread.

Again, ordinarily maybe yes, but much less so when the op all but tells people: "Hey that person who is in the masonry with you might be town or might be scum, you don't know for sure!"

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Mayor Glowku posted:

In my defense it's been a while since I signed up. I probably didn't even read the op. I'm genuinely surprised I read half your posting.

that actually makes it clear. I did forget that was mentioned

Reading is fundamental for chumps.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Tpink is just coasting by the anti lurker post count by shitposting and talking about the anti lurker rules btw everyone just in case y'all aren't paying attention

Thank you for making this terrible contribution of a case. Good work.

Sorry for not being around yesterday, I was traveling. Congrats to everyone who made it to this day.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Why do scum need to target lurkers if there's anti lurker rules in effect?

Here's my attempt at content: I would be fine with killing krell today because he is a big dummy that sucks and has a smelly butt

We don't need to lynch lurkers we can gloriously gun them down whenever we want and save our lunches for people that are actually being scummy

No, no, these are great and meaningful contributions to the game, for real.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

I wish to murder tpink ##vote tpink

Come at me, bro. What do you got?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

I wish to murder tpink ##vote tpink

Oh right you ended up with 5 votes on you yesterday so you are just desperate to redirect that to someone else, I recall now.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Yorkshire Tea posted:

I like that theory! I'd assume that DB was smart enough to not out himself though, if he had such a powerful role.

Not out himself to whom? I feel like I'm not totally getting these posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Also you are being kind of a dick which seems out of character for you and a break from how you've been playing

I get annoyed when somebody makes up a case for me for no reason. That happened one of the most recent games I played, I ended up getting lynched as town, and the player pushing me was scum, go figure. So that might be coloring my experience here.

• Locked thread