Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
-I should be able to do a post per day if the game seems to be running that fast.
-I am in Pacific Daylight Time (GMT -0700).
-A few games of various posting frequency. Nothing that seems super demanding at the moment.
-I have built a few characters for other recruits, but I don't believe I have played the system before. Have not read the adventure.
-I do not intend on flaking.

Tam "the Boulder" Tsang

Back in the day Tam was a professional athlete, a star of a number of sports. Well known for his passion and strength. For his joyful attitude and tendency to go carousing and partying with anyone he could find after a game. He quickly became known as "the Boulder" in the athletic circle for how he would roll right over his opponents, and how stoppable he seemed to be. Until he rolled over the wrong person. His popularity took a small dip, yet it quickly recovered. What didn't recover was his career. Despite his popularity he found himself getting benched, or overlooked, more and more often. His passion took a dip as he got to play in fewer and fewer games. It was around this time that SRD came to see him. They felt his popularity, his passion, would lead to more recruits volunteering for the SRD, and that his strength and robustness would prove useful in the outside world.

And Tam proved to be an acceptable SRD agent. Not the greatest as he was impulsive, tending to jump into danger without really thinking, but he was still a fun loving guy who got along well with people inside the Bright Republic and out, and his popularity did indeed lead to an increase in recruits. He still goes carousing on his off duty time, taking his fellow SRD agents with him when he could. Doing the same in the various places outside, managing to make fast friends among the local populace.

Tam was always strong, healthy and passionate. Until this one last run, where everything went to poo poo. And yet where all these aspects of himself were enhanced. His Might went beyond human limits, His Health became astronomical. And his Passion became quite infectious.

During the poo poo Run, Tam was largely occupied in trying to: a) rush into stupid danger, b) have a good time, and c) punch the terrifying murderbeasts in the face. This probably annoyed some of his compatriots. He was not super surprised to find himself with powers, much of it was just an improvement on what he already did, and he simply took it all into stride. The only hitch is that he seems to have a lot more trouble getting drunk now. A lot. Still that just means he has to try all that much harder.

Stats
http://orokos.com/roll/514780 17, 11, 15, 11, 10, 17 or 10, 8, 16, 16, 14, 13

Stats
code:
Strength          19    +4    (02)
Constitution      18    +3    (03)
Dexterity         18    +3    (03)
Intelligence      15    +1    (06)
Wisdom            11    +0    (10)
Charisma          18    +3    (03)

Hardiness         09
Evasion           11
Spirit            11

HP                17
AC                0
Effort            4/4
Influence         3/3

Weapon            +6 1d10+4 Magic (Strength), 1d12 if two handed
Fray              1d8

XP:               3
Dominion:         2
Wealth:           0

Word Effects:
May set Strength to 19, giving a +4 modifier.
May set Constitution to 16, or 18 if its already 16 or better.
May set Charisma to 16, or 18 if its already 16 or better.
Can lift or break anything that is humanly possible to handle, though truly 
supernatural feats of strength require the use of a gift or miracle.
Words:
Might:

Effort of the Word (Lesser)
Excellence of the Word (Lesser)
Fists of Black Iron - Lesser (1handed weapons do 1d10, 2handed do 1d12. Count as magical.)
Thews of the Gods - Greater (Always able to pick up anything smaller than a large building and punch through, smash, or break loose any non-magical substance as a free part of my movement or other actions.)
Stronger than You - Lesser (Whenever in a Contest of Strength, grapple or other exercise of Strength with a creature I always win. As an action can confer this ability to an ally for an action.)

Earth:
Obduracy of Stone - Lesser (AC 3. Invincible defense against harm by stone, earth, or burial. Need not eat, drink or breathe.)

Passion:
Banner of Passion - Lesser (Commit Effort. All Lesser Foes within earshot or sight are suffused with a powerful emotion of my choice. Worthy Foes get a Spirit saving throw each round to throw off the effect. This emotion will make them act to the limits of their character and will last at least a day after the effort is reclaimed.)

Facts:
Former athletic star, versed in a number of sports.
He was recruited by the SRD after an incident, mostly as a PR move to increase recruitment levels.
It was never published in his bio but he was quite an accomplished amatuer tailor.
A builder of cities.

Questions:
  • "No idea what true power is. Unless ..." He kisses his biceps, "its these. So what is going to happen if I lick this?"
  • "No. Bad monster. Bad. Come here and let me smack you some."
  • "That's not cool man. How could you steal from a sweet old lady? That's low man."
  • He sighs, then follows the urchin, once he catches the urchin he takes the coin back, buys the urchin a nice big meal, and begins to lecture about the downsides of a life of crime. Once the child is full he takes the child somewhere where the child can get steady meals and clothes, and perhaps some kind of simple job to give them a sense of self worth, and some spending money.
  • "Well. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. " He takes a swig of something, then puckers up to give the crocodile the time of her life. A kiss she will remember. And hopefully it was the right one.

Ryuujin fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Jun 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread