Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Stravag posted:

Would be really nice if this was up on xbl. Or is it in some dumb gently caress place?

It’s up now, but you have to search the store for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I really wish they would port the VR stuff over to the PC version while they’re doing all the DLC stuff.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
The real nerf to the ADMM is that it doesn't look nearly as sick as the AC6 version when you ripple off all the missiles

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Psion posted:

please post a trip report, that is essential knowledge

I am happy to report that the CFA-44 Nosferatu is once again an S-Rank Machine. The ADMM is still stupidly OP and all you need to do is hit the fire button once if you have a whole screen of lock ons ready.

I managed to finally S-Rank Pipeline Destruction tonight with it after months of no success. It’s beautiful.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Anyone else not having the shinden appear?

Edit: had to reboot the xbone and it appeared. Looks like ths shinden may be my new lasm slinger and i think the mlsm may be interesting for the 2nd to last mission. The mlsm seem to be 2 shotting anything thats not a sol or mister fuckwit so thats nice. Rockets seem like a real odd choice of special on a superplane

Stravag fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Oct 28, 2020

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

nine-gear crow posted:

I am happy to report that the CFA-44 Nosferatu is once again an S-Rank Machine. The ADMM is still stupidly OP and all you need to do is hit the fire button once if you have a whole screen of lock ons ready.

I managed to finally S-Rank Pipeline Destruction tonight with it after months of no success. It’s beautiful.

I need to finish my no damage run and it seems like just the thing to wipe out the Arsenal Birds with.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Yeah the MSTM is fun and the model work on the others is great but this pack is definitely "Nosferatu and Friends."

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
I think it really say something about how insanely overpowered the ADMM was in 6 when they're clearly not as strong here, you can't carry as many, the lock-on mechanics aren't as good, and yet I can still effortlessly S-rank a mission which frustrated me repeatedly previously. Also I'm like three months out of practice and all my controller muscle memory is switch (so the right button is the confirm one instead of the bottom) which throws everything off.

is this basically buying a cheat code, yeah, kinda, but man it's nice to have the CFA-44 back. And I'm actually quite interested in seeing how well the other planes do for fun runs since I like their SP loadouts for non-S-rank chasing. I never really gave the Shinden a fair shake before but I'm going to go rocket pod some platforms and serve up a sandwich.

obviously we need a Longcaster emote, but I guess :burger: will do for now

Psion fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Oct 28, 2020

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Rockets qill be good for nailing arc burds if they work like they did in 6. They made the flying fortresses mission super quick there

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

SP Weapon capacity taking you from 102 to 110 ADMM shots is extremely not worth a slot. I wonder if they'll ever patch that like they did 8AAMs.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Psion posted:

SP Weapon capacity taking you from 102 to 110 ADMM shots is extremely not worth a slot. I wonder if they'll ever patch that like they did 8AAMs.
Smart money is on no, since they never actually patched 8AAMs in the way you say; they increased the baseline ammo for 8AAMs but SP Weapon Capacity still only adds +8 missiles to it (SP Missile Capacity is a fixed +8 for everything).

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

I wish they did with the newest special skins what they did wirh pixy's morgan ie give you one with his emblems and one you could choose emblems

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
The Shinden II is a nimble little thing. Used it to blast down Hunin and Munin about ninety seconds faster than my previous best. It’s SP weapons are kind of limp though.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Oct 30, 2020

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

I unno turns out rockets are pretty okay when you get 56 salvoes of the fuckin things

Shinden is def the weakest of the three but that's super relative because all three are cheat codes, plus it looks goddamn great in this game.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I gave the XFA-27 a try last night. Using the MSTM is pretty fun since you can fire off your 2 standard missiles, then flip to special and fire off 4 more. It's like having 6AAMs that you can actually pick the targets of.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

I'm positive the MSTMs have better tracking than standard missiles too. It's a super good if kinda boring special.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Stravag posted:

Rockets qill be good for nailing arc burds if they work like they did in 6. They made the flying fortresses mission super quick there

they don't. Each rocket feels like it has reduced blast radius vs 6's rocket pods and I think the salvo fires fewer rounds; I took it up against the arsenal bird in mission 3 and was unimpressed. I got hit markers, but no hard kills, certainly not the "hold rudder to wipe the skies clean in one go" like AC6 against Aigaion And Friends.

The Arsenal Bird itself is also a harder target vs the Aigaion or the Kottos and Gyges; it's a narrower profile in pretty much all three dimensions so you just don't have as much space to hit and get splash damage kills.

Probably just fine for cleaning up massed ground targets in other missions but I'd say the pods are not the right choice for Arsenal Birds. MSTMs though, I am curious about how good those are.

on the upside, the Shinden looks hot as hell, flies very well, and the Edge skin for it is excellent.

Insert name here posted:

Smart money is on no, since they never actually patched 8AAMs in the way you say; they increased the baseline ammo for 8AAMs but SP Weapon Capacity still only adds +8 missiles to it (SP Missile Capacity is a fixed +8 for everything).

oh, I had forgotten the exact change. Whatever, frees up a part slot for something else. Maybe something to patch up the CFA-44's love of stalling out at every opportunity, it bleeds energy like mad. Always has, so it's kinda nice in a weird way to see that back. Like, yes, I remember and love you, Nosfera-STALL WARNING-tu.

Psion fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Oct 29, 2020

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Psion posted:

oh, I had forgotten the exact change. Whatever, frees up a part slot for something else. Maybe something to patch up the CFA-44's love of stalling out at every opportunity, it bleeds energy like mad. Always has, so it's kinda nice in a weird way to see that back. Like, yes, I remember and love you, Nosfera-STALL WARNING-tu.

Yeah, that’s always been the trade off for the Nosferatu being so OP. It’s unstable as poo poo. PA even sold a DLC skin for the Nosferatu in Ace Combat 6 that had altered stats for it that upped its stability at the cost of its speed to make it less stall-prone specifically so you could actually use the EML.

I played Lighthouse with it the other night and I got into a stall with it so bad and so high up it literally started flipping end over end about like 5 times before I recovered and I was like “Yep, it’s baaaaaack.”

Valcione
Sep 12, 2007
For All Brave Silpheed Pilots

Nosferatu, more like Yesferatu.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

Every time I see Nosferatu, I hear it like in the chorus to this. Skip to about 3:00 if you want the relevant part.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

someone posted a map to Bunker Buster that was "if this silo is real go to this one next, otherwise this other one" for maximum speed and I can't find it - anyone know what I'm talking about? My quest for S-ranks continues...

e:

i just did an image search for ace combat 7 bunker buster, way easier than trying to page through posts

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Psion posted:

someone posted a map to Bunker Buster that was "if this silo is real go to this one next, otherwise this other one" for maximum speed and I can't find it - anyone know what I'm talking about? My quest for S-ranks continues...

e:

i just did an image search for ace combat 7 bunker buster, way easier than trying to page through posts

Yeah, that's the one I've been using all this time, and I'm going to replicate a version of it for SA whenever I get around to LPing 7. There's only three silo spawn patterns for Bunker Buster. The first silo is always real, you then follow the arrows on the map to the next silo. If it's real you're on spawn pattern A or B. If the second silo is fake, then you're on spawn pattern C. On spawn patterns A and B, the second and third silos are real. The silo in the center of the map is the one that determines if you're on route A or B. If it's fake, you're on route A, and if it's real you're on B, in which case just follow the coloured arrows to their end points.

Taking out the silos using this chart is easy for getting the Clairvoyant medal, because all you need to do is get the silos then the three IRBMs in stage 2. Getting the S-Rank you need both the time and points score. To get that you need to at least take out the following:

Real silos: 5 x 2200 for 11000 points
4 Typhoons and 2 Av-8Bs: 3240 points
2 AD tanks: 1000 points
IRBMs: 3 x 1000 for 3000 points
and then any other combination of targets that gets you the other 500 points needed after that, AND complete the mission under 7 minutes.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Hey all just confirming the Nosferatu is both still broken as gently caress and really makes Mihaly’s invincibility super obvious lol

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I noticed this when I was checking out the Zero skins the other night and it thought it was just some kind of an intention decoy obfuscation on the Indigo skin, buuuuut...

https://twitter.com/Nowwell1321/status/1321272050879660033/photo/1

When you're so patriotic you put the flag on your place twice in two different sizes.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUkluiQ6SUY

So they uploaded a remix of the Liberation of Gracemeria track onto the official Ace Combat channel with a hint that there might be more of these.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Interesting observation from my most recent hard playthrough with the superjets - Mihaly is not timed in any encounter except the last bit in Farbanti where he's chasing Wiseman. Every other fight can be ended with one salvo of 6AAMS or an ADMM, including the first one in the pillars, he's just incredibly tough. So it looks like more he has a giant health bar and also a time cutoff rather than being invincible until an arbitrary amount of time has passed and he leaves.

Farbanti and his last fight have two stages too - you can hit him a bunch quickly in Farbanti and then the narrative part occurs, or dogfight him for a while beforehand. And in Archange he has his "flies reasonably normally" stage that then ticks over into his "goes insane and fires his railgun three times at once" stage, so he needs two ADMMs there.

I thought it was kinda neat.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

For everyone waiting for Project Wingman, time to get stoked:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNkEJYPAQhk

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

can't wait to hear DJ Nine Gear Crow on Fictional Country Liberation Radio telling me to go dance with the angels

I think you backed at that level, right crow? :v:

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
The hardest part of the game will be not slam picking the F-15C every mission cause I want that sweet WSO dialog.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Fly the F-15E instead, I guess?

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Explosionface posted:

For everyone waiting for Project Wingman, time to get stoked:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNkEJYPAQhk

Huh I thought it was delayed into 2021. Neat.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I'm hoping Lockheed Martin doesn't get any ideas from this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-ng0NwpkN0

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Project wingman has VR, right? Still annoyed AC7 PC never got VR.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I believe it is completely VR compatible. Not sure if it will be at launch, though, haven't been following that closely.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

https://imgur.com/f36PTKg

Sound

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Ugly In The Morning posted:

It doesn't? Part of me wonders what a kludged together mess PS-VR is, another wonders about exclusivity with PC-based VR systems.

We talked someone into getting a 360 in TYOOL 2020, maybe we can get you into a PS4 w/VR in a couple years, lol.

The new planes and skins are great. It's got me playing AC: Zero on PS2 again. Really hard to go back in some ways, like driving your first car after years in modern vehicles.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Deeters posted:

I'm hoping Lockheed Martin doesn't get any ideas from this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-ng0NwpkN0

I’ve been playing 7 on PC with the trainer this guy used to pull off that video for the purposes of unlocking everything I’ve already got on PS4 for the upcoming LP, and it’s kind of hilarious how it breaks the game wide open.

I managed to save Wit for the first time in Dark Blue by loading the Nosferatu up with SP Weapon augment parts and then just nailing Hugin and Mumin with a billion ADMMs. So satisfying.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

That one line of dialog was not worth the efoort i of into saving that clod

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Stravag posted:

That one line of dialog was not worth the efoort i of into saving that clod

I managed to bail his rear end out the first time I beat that stage of the mission on normal. Made me feel like a real hot shot... until I spent ten minutes repeatedly eating poo poo when trying to fly into the space elevator for the exit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

nine-gear crow posted:

I’ve been playing 7 on PC with the trainer this guy used to pull off that video for the purposes of unlocking everything I’ve already got on PS4 for the upcoming LP, and it’s kind of hilarious how it breaks the game wide open.

I managed to save Wit for the first time in Dark Blue by loading the Nosferatu up with SP Weapon augment parts and then just nailing Hugin and Mumin with a billion ADMMs. So satisfying.

Yeah, I'm really enjoying watching the ADMM being fired with unlimited ammo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAXWt3WYT5M