Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Gravy Boat 2k
Let me play as the narrator from 04 sending his letter to Mobius One but the game is this wacky adventure where he gets wrapped up in all sorts of weird genres of gameplay while just trying to walk to the post office.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Aliens, or an option to be a weapons officer in the back of a jet while someone else flies

Seriously though is that the princess of erusea threatening suicide in that last panel

I'm not going to screenshot the metal gear solid guy or the soldier pulling off the guys pants as he gets sucked into a jet engine, but those are also in there

Inspector Hound fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Jul 3, 2022

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
I would pay stupid amounts of money for a new Rogue Squadron game made by Project Aces.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Just do Macross.

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

Rolling around at the speed of sound.

Consider, a good x-com interceptor made by project aces that follows the og x-com arc. Go from struggling with earth-tech fighters to slowly gaining more alien tech to level the playing field. Proc-gen missions you can skip alongside handcrafted Big Missions, finish with a two-parter big brawl in Earth orbit followed by the invasion of Cydonia where you have to fly down a tunnel to destroy the shield protecting the alien brain so the ground team can Finish The Fight.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Waffleman_ posted:

Just do Macross.

Ardryn posted:

Consider, a good x-com interceptor made by project aces that follows the og x-com arc. Go from struggling with earth-tech fighters to slowly gaining more alien tech to level the playing field. Proc-gen missions you can skip alongside handcrafted Big Missions, finish with a two-parter big brawl in Earth orbit followed by the invasion of Cydonia where you have to fly down a tunnel to destroy the shield protecting the alien brain so the ground team can Finish The Fight.

:fap:

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Wing commander
But also Gundams

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

HootTheOwl posted:

Wing commander
But also Gundams

Gundam, but you play as Texan "Lady Killer" Dimitri, fighting the entire war in a fighter jet even as Zeon fields increasingly ridiculous superweapons.

bartkusa
Sep 25, 2005

Air, Fire, Earth, Hope

Adun posted:

I would pay stupid amounts of money for a new Rogue Squadron game made by Project Aces.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again.

Star Fox, by Project Aces

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

bartkusa posted:

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again.

Star Fox, by Project Aces

I think they did a bunch of work on like StarFox Assault or one of the GameCube games if I recall. So it's within reason.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

nine-gear crow posted:

I think they did a bunch of work on like StarFox Assault or one of the GameCube games if I recall. So it's within reason.

starfox assault sucked way way way too much poo poo for project aces to have worked on it, i refuse to believe this is true

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It was the Ace Combat 2 team, so not officially Project ACES.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

starfox assault sucked way way way too much poo poo for project aces to have worked on it, i refuse to believe this is true

project aces also worked on ace combat assault horizon so

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Kitfox88 posted:

project aces also worked on ace combat assault horizon so

fair

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

solution: ban project aces from being involved with any game that has the word 'assault' anywhere in it

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

solution: ban project aces from being involved with any game that has the word 'assault' anywhere in it

Assault Horizon Legacy was very good… but then again it was originally called Cross Rumble 3D, so that one’s a wash.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Adun posted:

:same:

chiasaur11 posted:

Gundam, but you play as Texan "Lady Killer" Dimitri, fighting the entire war in a fighter jet even as Zeon fields increasingly ridiculous superweapons.

I’m 100% down for this.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Adun posted:

Waffleman_ posted:

Just do Macross.

Ardryn posted:

Consider, a good x-com interceptor made by project aces that follows the og x-com arc.

HootTheOwl posted:

Wing commander
But also Gundams

chiasaur11 posted:

Vinnie-mac-increasingly-excited.gif

No but seriously every single one of these I would have lost my poo poo over when I was 16. (and that's before I learned much about Macross or got into Gundam at all (outside of reading the novelization before I was 10 because I saw giant robots on the cover and thought it might be Transformers related).)

The first Gundam manga I ever read, Blue Destiny, had a secondary character who was a pure fighter ace who got her rear end shot down, and I always thought it would be a fun idea to have a pilot who just never got into mobile suits and still managed to monster her way through the OYW.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

I would do dirty things for a new colony wars game by project aces. Fighters fighting capital ships 1v1? We got that. Killing a fortress by heating up rocks with your guns and slamming them into the shields with a tow cable? We got that. Killing a mall sized spider tank with a vtol heavy assault ship? We got that. Disabling an light alien fighter with emp guns to sneak into an alien dockyard and run away with a heavy alien fighter? We got that. Insidious shadow factions? Check. Ace pilots? Check.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter did get pretty close to the Ace Combat feel, that was a fun game.

I would also be down for a Project Aces take on Privateer/Strike Commander.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Stravag posted:

I would do dirty things for a new colony wars game by project aces. Fighters fighting capital ships 1v1? We got that. Killing a fortress by heating up rocks with your guns and slamming them into the shields with a tow cable? We got that. Killing a mall sized spider tank with a vtol heavy assault ship? We got that. Disabling an light alien fighter with emp guns to sneak into an alien dockyard and run away with a heavy alien fighter? We got that. Insidious shadow factions? Check. Ace pilots? Check.

Gotta do it while Burt Caesar is still alive.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Most of what i listed was from vengeance anyway. Red sun had some ideas and i liked the customization but i think vengeance was the best of the 3

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Vengeance was an extremely loosely connected series of potentially cool ideas once you’re past the “breaking out of the Sol system” arc but I didn’t find it very compelling even at the time. Red Sun even more so. You could definitely make something more of Vengeance though. I’d still take the simple rebellion from Colony Wars though.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Picked up 6 at my local used game shop, can't wait to dive into it.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Dance into it

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

Like an angel.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Waffleman_ posted:

if you mute the dialogue the game becomes significantly better, but muting the dialogue is for cowards

so don't

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Psion posted:

if you mute the dialogue the game becomes significantly better, but muting the dialogue is for cowards

so don't

If you mute you need to turn off subs cuz otherwise you might read it which is SO much worse

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

GO DANCE WITH THE ANGELS

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

It still amuses me to no end that “go dance with the angels” isn’t only a cutesy way to talk about flying but also how that family tells each other “go gently caress yourself.”

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

"An asteroid called Ulysses..."

Me: Hooting and hollering

E: Ah hell yeah, dance with the angels is a whole thing

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Jul 10, 2022

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

"An asteroid called Ulysses..."

Me: Hooting and hollering

*guys_overracting.gif*

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Subject yourself to the story at least once.

All else fails, RCL is your friend.

Stay low when around friendly ground units. You'll know why.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

"Oh, I see, 'dance with the angels' is a thing this one family says"

"Why is this random street urchin saying it"

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

"Oh, I see, 'dance with the angels' is a thing this one family says"

"Why is this random street urchin saying it"

It's supposed to be your first hint that Matilda is still alive. :ssh:

The game is really bad at conveying that because EVERYONE in the plot says "go dance with the angels", so it's never the special "inside joke" it's supposed to be.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
it's an inside joke on the entire fanbase, from PA

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Psion posted:

it's an inside joke on the entire fanbase, from PA

It's weird how Ace Combat 6 prefigures the Russia-Ukraine war in many ways, most noteably how it was the first war in modern history that had a whole meme war front to it as well.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

madeintaipei posted:

Subject yourself to the story at least once.

All else fails, RCL is your friend.

Stay low when around friendly ground units. You'll know why.

Do the story mode at least twice, once to unlock the Nosferatu, and then the second time only using the Nosferatu and just spamming ADMM at everything.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I like the (roughly) realistic flying and fighting in 7, is 5 just about the same in that regard? 6 is just for 360, and my 360 is buried in a closet/tomb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Inspector Hound posted:

I like the (roughly) realistic flying and fighting in 7, is 5 just about the same in that regard? 6 is just for 360, and my 360 is buried in a closet/tomb

May I intrest you in Over G?