Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

benzine
Oct 21, 2010

Not gonna lie got a semi right now. AC04 is one of my faovrite games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NobleSixFour
Jul 12, 2016
I haven't seen anyone ask the really important question, which is: Which wingman will be voiced by Johnny Yong Bosch?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Fresh though low-res screenshots http://bneblog.co.kr/221027224755

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
So, after the new trailer, I guess it's all but confirmed that Ace Combat 7 is going to be another AC5 razgriz scenario, where you 'abandon' your home country to fight for your ideals and to stop the war

This picture's been known about and was in the first reveal trailer, I think? There's also a chance that this is "Three Strikes" plane referenced in some of the radio chatter in the last trailer.
In the newest one, you can see this

which kind of heavily implies that the emblem is going to get covered up after some event in game.

drat, people are analyzing every frame of that last trailer.

Minera fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Jun 12, 2017

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup
Hype as gently caress. I've played a ton of 5 and 0. Probably should play through 6 again. I've definitely put the most time in 0, all of those named aces to shoot down, while an absurdly large list, has made me play it through several times to get them.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4XpxMet3y4

Definitely feels like a PS2 era Ace Combat game.

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Did our "hotshot pilot" forget to raise his arrestor hook in the back, or is that something else?

If it's the former, understandable for a demo. If it's the latter, I'm not good at planes.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Ready to do dirty, dirty things

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Mr. Fortitude posted:

:vince:

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
We have always been at war with Erusea.

Seems like they gonna nail this one. I'm already throwing money at the screen.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Lookin' good. I see a flare counter, too. The missiles seemed just as easy to dodge as ever (there might have also been invincibility on?) so I guess maybe that's a panic button.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
Regardless of anything else, man does the game look gorgeous.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Regardless of anything else, man does the game look gorgeous.

I'm surprised by just how much of a sense of scale that the clouds add to the game.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Gonna be a long year.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
So after seeing all the trailers up till now I'm fairly certain that you're gonna start out flying for Osea, get shot down over Erusea and taken as a prisoner of war along with pilots from other OADF squadrons (the main narrator of the story trailers and the POW woman with the Three Strikes mark on her face appears to be Brownie) who get pressganged into flying for Erusea at some point. I think 7 is going to be as much The Dirty Dozen as it is Macross Plus.

There's a heavy theme of prison, captivity and punishment running through 7's story for what we've seen of it. What with the emphasis on the POW pilots, "Three Strikes" and the (I'm assuming) Erusian flight lead and/or AWACS calling the squadron "Convicts".

I've got a feeling this is going to be another Ace Combat 5 style plot where neither Osea or Erusea are the real villains and we ultimately end up fighting against Scientist Man and his army of murder drones.

Feel free to quote this post next year if it turns out I'm spectacularly wrong.

NobleSixFour
Jul 12, 2016

turn off the TV posted:

I'm surprised by just how much of a sense of scale that the clouds add to the game.

Speaking of clouds, I just loaded up AC6 for the first time in almost a year yesterday to try and get the last few medals for the last couple extra plane colors. I don't know if it was always this way or something changed with my television, but it is almost impossible to see *anything* against the clouds in 6, especially when they're the gross yellowish color they so often are in that game.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I don't remember gross yellowish clouds in 6. Maybe it really is your TV.

NobleSixFour
Jul 12, 2016

Sindai posted:

I don't remember gross yellowish clouds in 6. Maybe it really is your TV.

Specifically the clouds in Siege on Silvat and Liberation of Gracemeria

And Crow, I'm pretty sure all the prison scenes take place in an OADF base (the 444th)

NobleSixFour fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Jun 14, 2017

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

NobleSixFour posted:

Specifically the clouds in Siege on Silvat and Liberation of Gracemeria

And Crow, I'm pretty sure all the prison scenes take place in an OADF base (the 444th)

Yeah, I was about to say, I'm pretty sure the convict unit is an Osean one, which is an... interesting direction to take.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

NobleSixFour posted:

Speaking of clouds, I just loaded up AC6 for the first time in almost a year yesterday to try and get the last few medals for the last couple extra plane colors. I don't know if it was always this way or something changed with my television, but it is almost impossible to see *anything* against the clouds in 6, especially when they're the gross yellowish color they so often are in that game.

Yeah I played through most of AC6 on a SD TV and it was basically impossible to see stuff

NobleSixFour
Jul 12, 2016

OneDeadman posted:

Yeah I played through most of AC6 on a SD TV and it was basically impossible to see stuff

This was on an HDTV, albeit one that is kinda old and probably not coming with me when I move in a month.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
I've been replaying AC6 over the past week or so and it looks fine to me :shrug:

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

First video I've seen that has the entire intro set up. Plus he's flying an F-14 instead of an F-18, and he's not horrible at the game!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJRhO_gva2I

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
lol @ giving POWs and convicts access to your military hardware

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Lunethex posted:

Hey, it worked for Area 88.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
In strangereal, a single good pilot can win every major battle for you and destroy multiple superweapons, so if you capture the enemy's making them fly for you is worth a shot.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Patented muffling the music track when you're flying in a cloud technology.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Lunethex posted:

Bomb collars.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

"We put a explosive in your interdimensional jet missle space that will go off and kill you if you try todo anything funny"

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
I could buy a drug collar that will inject horrible body destroying chemicals upon dissent.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Minrad posted:

First video I've seen that has the entire intro set up. Plus he's flying an F-14 instead of an F-18, and he's not horrible at the game!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJRhO_gva2I

Just watching the briefing part just gives me a huge nostalgia hit. drat makes me want to dig out 4,5 and X to playthrough again then curse the fact I gave away my 360 but still have an unplayed copy of 6.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Aw, the Kestrel II's not a ridiculous super gun carrier monster thing after all :(

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
So it looks like this is sort of a "sequel" to 4 AND 5, so I wonder if something from 0 will be in there. Obviously if Belka is up to no good again that would probably be secret.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Sky Shadowing posted:

So it looks like this is sort of a "sequel" to 4 AND 5, so I wonder if something from 0 will be in there. Obviously if Belka is up to no good again that would probably be secret.

At this point my ongoing assumption is "It's always Belka's fault."

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
"Ugh, I ran out of MG ammo. Thanks, Belka."

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
Why Osea and Yuktobania haven't flattened what remains of Belka by this point is a complete mystery to me. I'm reasonably certain no country would object if Osea moved its borders to cover what remains and just went "Belka? Never heard of it." if anyone asked anything.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJAwNHSSjD8 - Some footage not from a camera of the first mission

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I can already tell the bloom lighting on the UI is gonna get really loving annoying at some point. Also, why was this game pushed back to 2018? It pretty much looks entirely functional to me. Maybe the scripting in certain sections still isn't finished? I dunno.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

nine-gear crow posted:

I can already tell the bloom lighting on the UI is gonna get really loving annoying at some point. Also, why was this game pushed back to 2018? It pretty much looks entirely functional to me. Maybe the scripting in certain sections still isn't finished? I dunno.

I wouldn't put any trust in an E3 demo to judge the completeness of the game-those things are specifically developed to put the game in the best possible light, and it's entirely possible that level is the only one that's in a realistically playable state.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Kono better stop sniffing up all those loving clouds then...