Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
I've probably mentioned this before, but it always irked/baffled me that the show never let Stannis or Robb have crowns, yet Renly did and, bizarrely, Euron too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
Ever since I first read the books and learned about Littlefinger's duel with Brandon Stark, I've wished for his death scene to by a long, epic sword fight in which it is revealed that Baelish has been secretly honing his sword skills ever since and is now a great swordsman, and fights a duel against a white walker captain that ranges all over Winterfell from the gates all the way to the top of the highest tower

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
i'm fairly certain the "that's not you" line is Arya reflecting the dire wolf's own thoughts; Arya isn't Arya from back then anymore

it makes sense if you combine it with the Hot Pie scene from earlier where he asks her "what happened to you?" and she doesn't really answer him

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
She's good in movies where she isn't horribly miscast. Am I the only goon that liked her in "Me Before You"? I thought she was great in that.

I honestly have no idea why they picked her for Danaerys. Hailee Steinfeld in a wig would be better. Or maybe Elle Fanning. I dunno

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
The only instance from the books of the Seven maybe being real was that one priest-monk on the Quiet Isle that maybe perhaps might have magical healing abilities.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don

Demiurge4 posted:

We also had that scene of old hag Mellisandra questioning her faith.

This might seem odd or sappy but that scene was one of the saddest in the show, for me at least. It was so forlorn and despairing seeing her old (real) haggard self crawl slowly into bed and pull the covers up, like someone just giving up and willing themselves to die. Might just be me though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
if people actually watched the god drat show instead of spending half of it typing away on their phones it might avoid so much bullshit confusion

• Locked thread