Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kater
Nov 16, 2010

I keep forgetting that this season hasn't aired and that those spoilers aren't common knowledge.

Looking forward to the best version of this story finishing up in two years, the Wikipedia summery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Haha remember when people thought it was done cuz he started doing things he said he wouldn't until it was.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

What? The production wants some elaborate sets that are going to take forever to prep? Thankfully we have these great actors and script writers we can just push some bottle eps onto.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

And beric taught him how to love

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Hate watching is real fun but sometimes the show does legitimately surprising things like last years man crush or the finale's twenty minute Cersei music video.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I keep forgetting I've already read the spoilers for this season and thus there's no reason to watch it.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

the guy forgot to record the weight of the heart

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I think she kills em too. Arya's entire character is about being way too loving self righteous. She took their food and it'll be a way of knocking her down a peg.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Oh hey, actual thing I liked about this episode:

how loving bad where the hounds, berics, and jerry firebreather's haircuts. sure the script called it out but still, it was adorable.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

Grey Worm chasing inconsequential squatters out of the castle for the sake of My Tactical Realism would have eaten up runtime while screwing up the intended emotional texture of the scene.

Sometimes you just gotta give that fidget spinner a whirl and accept its okay for things to happen or not happen for Story Reasons.

I was overly annoyed that Thoros found an extra shovel at arms length from where he was standing. Like just have him walk off camera for a second! You don't need that weird close-up of him eyeballing the hound. Just let the scene breathe!

I unno I get annoyed by weird things.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Fitzy Fitz posted:

So whose idea was it to make The Mountain look like Shredder?

I think this is the thing I disliked the most. Seeing his eyes just makes me feel embarrassed for the guy underneath that toilet seat armor.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Wait barenaked ladies do the Big Bang theory intro?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Yeah perhaps she also forgot about Moat Cailin and how the north was never taken by a southron army, cause Sansa apparently did.

Speaking of Sansa forgetting the north was never taken by a southern army, that is exactly what she did with lil fingers goons.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

That bran scene really was terrible. This show has a bad habit of nothing scenes just to establish location, as if moving people about is an actual story.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Suddenly Mereen and Quarth are going to be dragged in front of cersie and she rapes and kills one and then shoots the other with an arrow in front of Danny.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

What? They already did that. Tyrion threw it at him as a wedding gift or some poo poo.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I hope when Voldemort casts bufu there is a little chime and maybe he spins in a circle and strikes a pose.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

quote:

Benioff and Weiss said they’d been playing around with the idea for years

okay

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Back in like 2014 he promised to stop going to all public events until he was done.

Yeah that didn't last.

To be fair it lasted like over a year.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Was there a Marwyn-alike in the show that ran off to Dany when Sam showed up? Is she just going to be maesterless during her stay on abandoned island? Does Dany expect Tyrion to be able to reach the raven window?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

JacksLibido posted:

Also Euron for king of westeros! The dude just loving rocks. Head butting bitches and stabbing mofos with glee, gotta love it.

It was pretty lame that he got stabbed a whole bunch but that won't matter for poo poo.

Also the dickless bald guy's love story got me to tear up a little bit. And then went on for two pointless minutes.

I am just assuming Arya is loving dead right now.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

esperterra posted:

As I'm catching up on the thread, idk if anyone addressed this yet, but the prince who was promised prophecy being potentially mistranslated is not a retcon. The show just never had Aemon's dying scene where he says 'prince' is non gendered in High Valyrian and that he wishes he could go to Dany's side.

Right. Not a retcon, just handled in the most brutally awkward way possible.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Nobnob posted:

I wonder what's worse. That the only two characters in the show that got to grow, improve and also effectively use their army instead of constantly losing parts of it are both tactically inexperienced women, or that one of those women is a wolf.

I'm trying to think of who you are talking about and I can't. The little Mormont girl?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

esperterra posted:

Missandei's tits looked suspicious. CGI suspicious.

Was kinda thinking same thing.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

^^^ dude meant after the wolf scene you loving anal turd

Yeah we all read the spoilers but sure I can see thinking that. I thought it'd make more sense for her to go to kings landing even after hearing about Jon. The show is probably gonna end up warping her there anyway.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Harton posted:

Yeah if she changes her mind again I'm gonna wonder why there were even 8 episodes this season. With what has actually happened so far could fit into half an episode.

The entire season is just filler. Like the show is already over at this point, they just need to waste time until they are allowed to end it.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

The hot pie scene ruled and I found it pretty touching but it was kind of confusing. Like arya didn't think Jon was dead did she? The only thing really different is he's few miles south. She's got no reason to distrust the nights watch does she? The only one she knew kicked total rear end.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

This is probably the same outline as the books but after five years of Tyrion The Nice we can't just see it as him using all this bullshit simply to take what is rightfully his.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I feel like if they were really trying they could have transitioned from the Grey Worm scene to something.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

Smash cut to Yara eating oysters you amateurs.

I think you mean Varys.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Elias_Maluco posted:

But it the problem of what to do with the whole dotracki horde that is stuck in dragonstone without a fleet to take then to the continent remains . But then again, seems like she decided to not use the horde anyway, so

No the horde made its way safely to casterly rock. They weren't a part of the sand snake hoisting.

It's okay if you didn't realize the show is so bad that they are actually going to do that.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Didn't she only have like 300 unsullied and tons of them get got in mereen? I thought her entire band of brigands were bringing tyrion home.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

.... wait how far down does jorahs skin problem go

kater
Nov 16, 2010

esperterra posted:

If you want to see just how bad Clarke is, look up clips of her short run as Holly Golightly in Breakfast at Tiffany's.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fgNRgUBtcGg

This isn't fair but also

yeesh

kater
Nov 16, 2010

TeaJay posted:

The smallfolk at King's Landing is great.

This was a loving horrible scene but that one dude who just shouted whore whore whore was kind of really endearing.

This non-Jon-Sno parts of this episode felt like a loving denouement to end a thing, only there was never a climax in the first place. I kind of wish the show ended last year if all they are going to do is cull every possible inch of intrigue in favor of a literal zombie invasion.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Propaganda Machine posted:

Looking forward to the fifteen minutes of Sam having a slowly-spoken argument with the archmaester over what he saw in the decrepit scrolls and books to justify heading north. And why is Jorah even still around Oldtown by the time that happens? That little task would take months. He'd be back at Dragonstone and hitting on Emilia Clarke well before then unless the show is loving with juxtaposed timelines in a way that makes zero sense, which it almost certainly is. And even then, he'd still have skipped town.

If they actually did this I wouldn't even be mad. It would be a beautiful to convey that they don't care and anyone who does needs to get over it. Give Sam a scene about him spending weeks copying the scrolls, have him catch up to Jorah as he's leaving town the next scene, and then be at Castle The One With This Season's Fight Budget all within the same episode.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I like how Brann could have told Sansa that Arya was alive and well but didn't.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Sydin posted:

printer

Sam is currently copying books and Jorah is gonna take him to Dany...

kater
Nov 16, 2010

That was the worst thing about the episode. Casterly Rock and Highgarden but especially Casterly looked lame as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Yeah littlefinger getting flumoxed by the three eyed deadpan is such stupidity that I instantly believe it. No wonder that dude was complaining about his character.

• Locked thread