Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
Azzy

Your memory is a bit hazy. You remember trying to escape earlier, when your captors finally made a mistake - your collar's battery died, finally allowing you to try to try to escape this accursed place. But then, your mind kind of went blank for a bit, and again, here you are, in your cell, and now they even did something your hands. They are stuck behind your back, in some sort of heavy metal thing. Just like your collar, it makes your head spin - it's probably another way to stop you from using your psychic power. They really, really do not want to let you go.

But still, you know you have to escape. These people are horrible, no doubt. You may not remember anything past a week or so ago, but they aren't exactly trying to fool you. They are treating you like some sort of animal to be studied, not a person.

Regardless, you strain to recall what happened after. You were dragged back in here, but what's with all the yelling?

*CRASH*

A grown man, clad in armor, gets thrown straight through your cell door, creating a large hole in the process!

Without thinking, you immediately squeeze through the hole before the man can recover. Now seeing the facility beyond your cell (for the second time - incidentally, they always blindfolded you when they carted you around...), it seems that you've thrown this place into disarray - there's people, animals, and THINGS fighting your captors, and there's fire everywhere, and small pockets of battles as well.

Disoriented by the extreme amount of psionic suppression you are suffering from, you nevertheless manage to stumble through the hallways and eventually find a hole in the wall to escape from.

Now outside, you are greeted only by a pitch black darkness, and a heavy thunderstorm. The noise hurts your already addled mind. You quickly realize, with some distress, that you thought it was daytime until now. It's highly likely your sense of time has been completely distorted from your imprisonment.

Not as scary as the darkness in front of you however - but a quick look back into that hellish prison, the choice is obvious and you make your way forward.

Armstrong Ltd.

At first, you merely thought this was a boring job - a milk run, if anything. Just babysit some miners as they transport some machines from one mining base to another, and shoot the wildlife if it gets too close.

Sounds easy, right? That's because it was. But not for the reasons you'd think - it's because the wildlife completely buggered off. Who can blame them? There's pitch black darkness, there's a torrental downpour, and the only light in sight is the occasional lightning crashing down to earth.

And you? You're stuck outside, in this rain. The only one who could reasonably be happy about this is Debt - Subrosians are rather fond of water, even in the land form. For the others?

Well, your raincoat is soaked. The raincoat below your raincoat is soaked. Even the raincoat below THAT raincoat is soaked!

The planetary guide warned about the heavy rain on this planet, but even that had been an understatement...

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 03:04 on May 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Drama Dice: 3

Azzy crouched down and shivered for a moment as thunder crashed and lightning flickered across the night sky. Despite her best efforts, she couldn't free her hands from whatever had them trapped behind her back. Forget covering her ears, she couldn't even move them! She was tired and her head hurt and she was so wet and the noise was like someone driving a spike into her brain. This place was awful! Still... Azzy took one last look back into the bad place and shuddered. Anything was better than that.

She picked her way through the darkness until she was a safe distance away, far enough not to see the lights from the hole she escaped from. It was impossible to make out any landmarks or see anything, really, but she'd need to keep moving. If they caught up with her... Azzy shuddered. She spun in a circle, not really sure where to go, then slipped and fell into some mud. That was an awful idea!! She slowly clambered back to her feet and started working her way deeper into the darkness. Maybe she'd find some shelter...?

Azzy makes a Lucky check and gets... 6!

Character Sheet posted:

Name: Azzy
Race: Chi
High Concept: Psionic super-soldier on the run!

Health: 50
Endurance: 60
Spent XP: 1

Advantages: [Total +30]
Charismatic +2
Cute! +4
Gear +2 (Halo Booster) [Psychic +1, Telekinetic +1, Iron Will +2; Easily Distracted -1, Airhead -1]
Iron Will +1
Knowledge (Holo-net Trivia) 2 [+1]
Knowledge (Psychokinetic Combat) 4 [+2]
Lucky +3
Precursor Technology Interfacing +3
Psychic +2
Quick +3
Sixth Sense (Passive Mindreading) +2
Telekinetic +2
Tough +1
Vigorous +2

Weaknesses: [Total -24]
Accidental Transformation (Code: Dökkálfr, Trigger: Intense Negative Emotions) -2 [Armored +2, Flight +1; Arrogant -2, Overconfident -2, Hatred (The Organization) -2]
Amnesia -3
Awkward Size -1
Dependency (Sugary Foods) -2
Fear (Collars) -1
Impulsive -1
Ineptitude 4 (Technology) [-2]
Kind-hearted -2
Love Magnet -2
Naive -2
Obsession (Find out who I am) -2
Room for Two (Code: Dökkálfr's Influence) -2
Wanted (The Organization) -2

Attacks posted:

Numbers in parentheses reflect bonuses from Gear.

TK Spike [5]
With an overly dramatic flourish, Azzy sends a spike of telekinetic force to strike at her enemies!
[Accurate +10, Ranged +0, Armor Piercing +5, Elaborate Gesture -5, Feather Blow -5]
Attack: 8 / DX: 3 (4)

Overwhelm Consciousness [5]
Azzy is a lot to take at the best of times. When she projects the sum total of the Azzy experience directly into your brain...? Yikes.
[Effective 3 +15, Will +0, Ranged +0, Fatiguing +0, Feather Blow -5, Inaccurate -5]
Attack: 5 / DX: 6 (7)

Siphon Alpha Waves [5]
Azzy can devour and enhance herself with the mental energy of others, but the flood of accompanying memories leaves her reeling.
[Vampire 2 +10, Multiple Targets +10, Ranged +0, Will +0, Elaborate Gestures -5, Unwieldy 2 -10]
Attack: 6 / DX: 3 (4)

Shatter Psyche [10]
One of the perks of being a psionic super-soldier is being able to throw even the strongest minds into total confusion with a snap of your fingers.
[Impairing +10, Stunning +10, Area Effect +10, Will +0, Ranged +0, No Damage -20]
Attack: 6 / DX: 0

TK Storm [10]
With a thought and a dismissive wave of her hand, Azzy envelops her foes within a cyclone of eviscerating energy. This, quite naturally, leaves her rather defenseless for a few moments.
[Overwhelming +10, Multiple Targets +10, Accurate 2 +10, Ranged +0, Open to Attack -20]
Attack: 8 / DX: 3 (4)

Tricky fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Jun 4, 2017

Scrree
Jan 16, 2008

the history of all dead generations,

Honestly, the rain felt pretty good. The heavy droplets pelting her hide reminded her of the one time she'd found a Subrosian-sized massage table. It was a nice, continuous drubbing on her old back, and humid warmth of the air reminded her of when she was a young fry, and would beach herself on the shore in the midsummer haze of her homeworld.

But she couldn't tell that to the kids. This wasn't really the environment for humans, and she had enough experience around them to know it. Flaunting her comfort would just immiserate them further -- although she'd been able to pull Zander away for a quick smoke before they stepped out into the storm, so that wouldn't be a problem for a couple hours -- and really, their comfort and safety was what she was here for. Maybe, if she was younger, and with the Old Armstrong, she'd have danced in the rain and laughed at his misery. Now, though...

Now she had to be the adult, so she slide up next to Alia, and spoke in a nostalgic tone, "I'm sure Jack told you of the adventure on Yailor V, right? Where The Butterfly got it's cloaking device? I remember it even now, him standing there on the podium, beaming with pride as he accepted the Governor's award -- 'Today, we're heroes of a whole world!'." Debt fails miserably at imitating Jack's too-human voice,, "But he probably never told you of the two weeks we spent stranded on an ice comet right before that, slowly grinding water into hydrogen fuel. We had to run life support near minimum, to conserve energy, and I swear I've never seen humans wear so many layers of clothing before or after! Eventually, the chill got to even me, and I went to your dad and told him 'You better get me something warm to wear, or I'm going to move the medbay into the engine room and it's never going to move again!" She laughs softly at the memory, "He grabbed a couple spare blankets, threw them on me, and called it a 'cloak'. We spent the rest of the downtime flipping cards in the bridge, shivering with every play."

"Point is," she pauses, choosing her words carefully, "Point is, Alia, that runs like this are... necessary. No great fun or adventure. Nothing exciting to brag about. But they keep your belly, and fuel tank, full, and get you where you need to be later." Debt turns towards Zander, "I'm sure you felt that way in academia, right? Required courses you barely remember a fragment of, but they got you into the classes that changed your life."

She turned again, facing the blackness of the night, "Not a single goddamn thing is going to happen tonight. In a month, we probably won't even remember this contract, but that's how the job goes."

quote:

Name: Deobthrusbiao 'Debt' Saoodkuld
Race: Subrosians
High Concept: Old Fish Medic Coming Out Of Retirement To Keep These Kids Safe

Health: 40/60
Endurance: 40/40

Advantages: [Total +26]
Armored +1
Art of Invisibility: Chameleon +1
Connected +3
Dexterous +1
Heal +4
Life Support +2 (Underwater)
Intimidating +2
Iron Willed +2
Knowledge: Biology +4
Perspective + 1
Smart +2
Strong +3
Tough +2

Disadvantages: [Total -21]

Ageism -1
Bizzare Appearance -1
Code of Conduct: Don't Let the Young Get Hurt -1
Dependency: Spaciggarettes -2
Fussy -1
Overconfident -1
Rude -1
Sensitivity: Never Got Married (Forever Alone) -2
Slow -2
Soft Spot: Kids -2
Stubborn -1
Short-Tempered -1
Ineptitude: Piloting -4
Quirk: Matchmaking -1
Wanted, Koloumari Theocracy -2

Attacks posted:

Surgical Strike [0]
Using her years of experience as a surgeon, Debt makes a measured that strikes right through most armor!
[Accurate +5, Armor Piercing +5, Cancel (Livng Being) -10]
Attack: 7 / DX: 4

Restrain [10]
Sometimes, injured and panicked patients need to be physically restrained in order to be treated. Other times, the people that injured Debt's patients need to be restrained so they can receive proper retribution. In her long life, she has done both.
[Accurate 2 +10, Impairing +10, Paralyzing +20, Stunning +10, No Damage -20, Open to Attack -20]
Attack: 8 / DX: 0

Fist Of The North Star But With Tentacles [10]
Yattatatatatatatatatatatatata
[Accurate +5, Effective +5, Overwhelming +10, Unwieldy -5, Elaborate Gestures -5]
Attack: 7 / DX: 5

Tranq Shot [0]
Debt always carries around an old poison-spitter modified to load non-lethal sedatives.
[Accurate +5, Effective +5, Ranged +0, Fatiguing +0, Low Penetration -5, Weapon -5]
Attack: 7 / DX: 2

Koloumari Stun Orbs [10]
An odd invention from the winged-people; soft yet electrically charged orbs that when thrown with sufficient force deliver a taser-like jolt to the target. Debt received them as a gift from the family of a wounded Koloumari miner she treated, and they've come in handy many times since.
[Stunning +10, Ranged Str. Powered +5, Accurate +5, Fatiguing +0, Ammunition 2 -10]
Attack: 7 / DX: 4

Scrree fucked around with this message at 22:17 on May 31, 2017

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Well, this is just great.

Is it too much to ask for something to go right, for once? First there was that whole jock-strap incident (I don't want to talk about it), and now this. I'm soaked to the bone, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to end up sick tomorrow. And I still have a pile of paperwork I need to fill out, ugh. It never ends. Just when I think I'm done staring at a stack of papers, I get another stack of papers dumped on my desk.

Why didn't i just take that job on that tropical planet instead?

Yea, I'm feeling pretty miserable right now, and just a bit stressed, but some of that misery goes away when Doc starts sharing her stories about my dad. Her story manages to crack a smile on my face. I even giggle a little when she gets to the "cloak" part, "Heh, yea, that sounds like something he would do."

I'm glad I have Doc on my crew. She always knew how to put things into perspective. "You're right. This job might be miserable, but it's necessary, like you said. We just have to grin and bear it, for now. And besides," I look out into the darkness, "It'll be over soon, and once we're done with this job, I'm going to take a nice, long, hot bath, and forget about this whole, crappy day."

quote:

Name: Alia Armstrong
Race: Human
High Concept: Young ship captain who's been thrust into life as a freelancer, whether she wanted to or not. Is constantly way in over her head.
HP: 35/40
Endurance: 70/80

Advantages: [Total +25]
Agile +3
Gear +2 (Blaster Revolvers) [Attack +2]
Charismatic +3
Connected +1 (Dad's old colleagues.)
Famous (Daughter of a famous freelancer.) +1
Intuitive +2
Perceptive +3
Pilot +3
Position of Power +1
Quick +2
Vigorous +4
Wealthy +1

Disadvantages [Total -20]

Ageism -2
Code of Conduct (Armstrong Moral Code) -2
Fussy -2
Jittery -2
Kind-Hearted -1
Naive -1
Pacifist -2
Rival (Diego Rose, leader of the Blackguards) -3
Sensitivity (Not being taken seriously.) -1
Dependency (Caffeine) -2
Weak-Willed -2

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jun 8, 2017

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

The rain fell onto the umbrella with a pleasant sort of patter. Pitter patter pitter patter. Even dispite the foulness of the weather, Zander was actually having a nice time.

That might because he was wearing his full Precursor exploratory suit. There were few environments that it wasn't comfortable to wear it. This was certainly not one of them. Despite this he still had his umbrella up. Why? Because he was a gentleman, gentlemen carry umbrellas. It was just one of the things they do. He moved slightly to the right and held it over Alia. This was also one of the things a Gentleman does. Never turns down a lady in distress.

"Capitain, here." He says. "If you stay out like this you're going to get sick."

- - -

quote:

A researcher of Precursor ruins and artifacts, Zander is well known in his own circle for being able to modify and adapt the relics he's discovered. Finding an reactivating a Precursor Mech. The secret to his success is in his altered Precursor suit, allowing him to explore the ruins in relative safety while the defences see him as one of them.

A good natured, if slightly boring man, he tries to stay away from violence, only resorting to it by application of The Elder. The mech that so far only he's proven capable of piloting. However, his greatest rival Jack Mulligan is never far behind in the race to be THE GREATEST Precursor Expert.

Who's Jack Mulligan? Only the seediest adventurer/archaeologist out there! Wanted on three dozen worlds, for property damage and illegal digging operations. Jack Mulligan is the kinda dashing rouge that can make the ladies swoon, and the men envious. Unlike Zander, he's not as clued in on matters of the Precursors. But his tallents lie in other areas. Previously friends at the university they studied together at, Zander realised that Mulligan was using him for his brains! Erupting into a rivalry that tore the Precursor Research Branch into a muti-world civil war.

Given this was pasty academics, this wasn't exactly as world ending as it sounds. Even so, the PRB has split into two parties. The Precursor Rediscovery Collective (PRCo), of which Zander is a founding member. And The Mulligan Association, or MA. The two organisation each do what they can to be the first to any discovered ruins, and strip it for artifacts. One of the purpose of scientific discovery! The other for profit and fame!

Zander is known to have a soft spot for cream filled deserts. He's well known for modeling himself on the image of a gentleman, and tries to practice fair play and decency. He expects other to be honest, and not underhand. This unfortunately makes it quite easy to get one up on him, as he never expects anyone to cheat.

quote:

Name: Zander
Race: Human
High Concept: Precursor expert and explorer!

HP: 40 / 50
Endurance: 40 / 60

Advantages: [Total +25]
- Precursor Technology Interfacing 4
- Gear 3 [Precursor Modified Explorer Suit]
- Gear 3 [Precursor Wrist Guard]
- Inventor 2
- Knowledge 4 (2) [The Precursors]
- Knowledge 4 (2) [Technology]
- Passion 1
- Position of Power 1
- Pilot 2
- Smart 2
- Vehicle (Mecha) 3 [The Eldar]

Weaknesses: [Total -20]
- Absent-Minded 1
- Code of Conduct 1
- Dull 2
- Dependency 2 (Smoking)
- Easily Distracted 1
- Kind-Hearted 1
- Nosebleeder 2
- Obsession 2
- Soft Spot 2
- Slow 1
- Stubborn 1
- Rival 2
- Weak 2

THE ELDAR

HP: 40 / 50
Energy: 40 / 80

- Agile 2
- Attack 1
- Quick 2
- Evade 2
- Combat Expert 2
- Gear 2 [ARK BLADE - Attack 2, Endurance Reserve 2]
- Gear 2 [PRIMORDIAL ARMOUR - Armoured 3, Tough 1]

- Awkward Size -2 [big mech]
- Room for two -1 [Precursor AI]
- Bizarre appearance -2
- Arrogant -1
- Overconfident -1

Precursor Modified Explorer Suit

- Fly 1
- Telekinesis 2
- Life Support 3
- Armoured 1
- Quick 1
- Tough 1
- Energy Reserve 1

- Bizarre appearance -2
- Emotionless -1
- Compulsion (snapping fingers) -1

Precursor Wrist Guard

- Incorporeal Form 2
- Healer 2
- Minions 2 [Scanner drones - Fly 1, Heightened Sense [sight] 1, Perceptive 1, Mute -1, Jittery -1]

ATTACKS posted:

Basic Ark Blade strike. (Eldar) [5]
Few things can stand up to a Precursor Ark Blade in full form. This is not one of those attacks. Instead, batter the enemy with the Ark Blade.
[Effective +5, Impairing +10, Weapon -5, Requirement (Need's Elder's Precursor Ark Blade) -10]

Elder Plazma Barrage (Eldar) [10]
With a low level targeted blast, The elder dispenses damage through beams of guided plasma!
[Accurate x2 +10, Effective x2 +10, Multiple Targets x2 +20, Overwhelming +15, Ranged +0, Redirectable +5, Ammunition x3 -15, Feather Blow -5, Unwieldy -5, Requirement -10 (Must be in the Elder) Cancel (Energy Sheilding) -10, Buildup x1 -5]

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at 21:03 on May 12, 2017

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Everyone

Round 1 Initiative: Azzy [8] -> Zander, Goon 1+3 [6] -> Alia, Goon 2+4 [4] -> Debt [2]

Goon #1: 0/30 0/30, Impaired x2 smoking crater
Goon #2: 20/30 30/30
Goon #3: 25/30 30/30
Goon #4: 30/30 30/30

Roll initiative!

Your leisurely chat gets interrupted rather abruptly by the motion scanner, which had been supplied by your employer, suddenly starting to beep. The miners rush towards the vehicles, staying in cover.

As you turn your flashlights towards that direction, four more dots show up on it! All of them are headed towards you.

A few minutes later, you finally see what's causing it - it's a small child! ... No, that's not right. It's a Chi. What the hell? This is so far from Chi space it's not even funny. Not to mention, that they're running, instead of levitating. They're also covered in mud, and clearly exhausted.

Soon after - the other group reveals itself. They're hunting the Chi! They're firing stun launcher at the lone girl, who scrambles for cover and stumbles over, revealing that she was restrained in the first place. What kind of monster shoots at an unarmed girl, much less a restrained one?!

It's not even that this is a prison planet or anything of the sort - officially, only ten years ago mining operations started on here. This is DEFINITELY not kosher.

Azzy

You've made some serious headway, and thankfully didn't meet any wildlife, but the pursuers have managed to track you. Going for that other light source was your only hope. They just managed to catch up to you, and started shooting you! Most of them missed, as you dived for cover, but one of them is awfully close to hitting you...

quote:

Yami Fenrir - Today at 8:19 PM
/roll 5d6 #Mysterious goon fires his stun launcher at Azzy!
SidekickBOT - Today at 8:19 PM
@Yami Fenrir: 5d6 Mysterious goon fires his stun launcher at Azzy! = (4+6+1+1+6) = 12
oh dear

You are paralyzed and impaired unless you manage to succeed on the defense roll, but take no damage regardless!

Alia

Right now, your dad would be laughing and telling you "Be careful what you wish for", for sure. You wanted excitement... and you got it! This is a very confusing situation - but it's very clear who's the bad guy here. As you hastily unholster your pistols, you notice that one of the goons is pulling out a grenade!

Rapidly, the grenade sails your way, landing between you and Debt!

quote:

well, it's a 12
probably hard for azzy to defend against
/r 2d6 #Goon number 2 throws a grenade between Alia and Debt!
SidekickBOT - Today at 8:25 PM
@Yami Fenrir: 2d6 Goon number 2 throws a grenade between Alia and Debt! = (6+1) = 6
Note: Area Attack. You take -1 to the defense roll. DX 5 attack!

Debt

You can't help but be momentarily surprised by the Chi - and not just her sudden appearance. Her wings are completely discolored! Sure, sometimes they look a bit strange, as no two Chi's look the same - but hers really do not look natural. That, and the fact that these mooks seem to be trying to recapture her, heavily suggests they were experimenting on her...

Wait, what's that round-- OH poo poo!

quote:

well, it's a 12
probably hard for azzy to defend against
/r 2d6 #Goon number 2 throws a grenade between Alia and Debt!
SidekickBOT - Today at 8:25 PM
@Yami Fenrir: 2d6 Goon number 2 throws a grenade between Alia and Debt! = (6+1) = 6
Note: Area Attack. You take -1 to the defense roll.) DX 5 attack!

Zander

Your sensors are showing up very strange readings as you look at the Chi. Her psionic signature is different from normal. Speaking of which, your sensors reveal that her restraints (as well as the collar) are in fact psionic inhibitors, which explains why she was running. While the Chi's psionic powers would surely be a help in this fight, removing those things brute force is a fatal mistake - you'll need some of the specialized tools in the Butterfly.

But now isn't the time for intellectual thought - you got to do SOMETHING about this cruelty!

However, as you're trying to figure out what to do, you get shot at by the two remaining goons!

quote:

Yami Fenrir - Today at 8:30 PM
/r 3d6 #Goon number three fires his rifle at the Eldar!
SidekickBOT - Today at 8:30 PM
@Yami Fenrir: 3d6 Goon number three fires his rifle at the Eldar! = (2+2+2) = 6
Yami Fenrir - Today at 8:30 PM
/roll 3d6 #and so does goon number 4!
SidekickBOT - Today at 8:30 PM
@Yami Fenrir: 3d6 and so does goon number 4! = (4+2+3) = 4
Note: Both are DX 3 attacks.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 20:58 on May 9, 2017

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Health: 30/30 | Endurance: 40/40 | Conditions: Paralyzed, Impaired x1 | Drama Dice: 3

Azzy's initiative is 8!

As the lights of the mining camp came into view, Azzy felt twin surges of relief and, then, fear. Were these more of the bad people? The wild barrage of shots claimed her attention and she ran for the nearest outcropping of rock. As bolts sizzled and pinged off of the ground by her feet, she thought, for a brief moment, that she had escaped unscathed. That notion disappeared as a stun bolt slammed square into her back.

Defense posted:

SidekickBOT - Today at 10:39 AM
@Tricky: 5d6 Azzy tries not to get stunned! = (2+2+3+1+5) = 4

Her mouth opened in a silent scream and she stumbled to the ground. As she twitched and flailed in the mud, she barely noticed the whip snaking around her neck and continuing the flow of stunning energy into her body. Despite her best efforts, she couldn't struggle free. It was so hard to concentrate with that thing making her mind all fuzzy, let alone all of her muscles firing uncontrollably.

Remove Paralysis posted:

SidekickBOT - Today at 11:29 AM
@Tricky: 2d6 Azzy tries to not be electrocuted! = (4+4) = 8

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Zander looked out from the Elder's cockpit. Concerned. Were those... gunshots? What was??

The floodlights fell on the form of a fleeing child. Or a chi. It was running. Child?

///Chi detected. Strong Psy flux detected. Flux suppressed. Advise caution./// The Precursor voice of the Elder murmured. Ack, still not managed to get it to talk in full sentences. A few simple commands and the giant form of the Precursor Mech rose to it's feet.

///Small Arms fire detected. Evasive movements.///

The huge form of the titan danced around the gunfire like a figure skater. If only he'd worked out how to make it fly! One day. Zander watched the girl call, some kinda shock whip! How dare they! A child or a Chi, it didn't matter. No one deserved to be treated like that! Especially if they're a lady! A slight twist of the controls, caused a quick flicking motion. The tip of the Elder's Ark blade flicked out and landed right in the chest of the whip holding goon! Ohhh, Zander winced as he almost back flipped from the impact. He had tried to hold back, but it was difficult to be delicate with the attack protocols.

- - -

@Arashiofordo3: 4d6 Zander Inntative = (6+3+4+1) = 6!

@Arashiofordo3: 8d6 Zander Mecha dodge Defences activate! Goon 3 = (3+6+3+2+6+6+6+6) = 30!
@Arashiofordo3: 8d6 Zander Mecha dodge Defences activate! Goon 4 = (5+2+2+1+6+4+3+6) = 12

Basic Ark Blade strike. (Elder) [5]
Few things can stand up to a Precursor Ark Blade in full form. This is not one of those attacks. Instead, batter the enemy with the Ark Blade.
[Effective +5, Impairing +10, Weapon -5, Requirement (Need's Elder's Precursor Ark Blade) -10]

@Arashiofordo3: 8d6 Zander gold swing some poor goon with Ark Blade Strike! = (1+3+3+5+6+3+1+5) = 10
@Yami Fenrir: 4d6 Goons 1 defends! (Note: Also has 1 level of Armored = (1+2+3+5) = 5

Defence beaten by 5 DX=5. Damage=25

- - -

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Health: 35/40 | Endurance: 70/80 | Conditions: None! | Drama Dice: 0

Alia's initiative is 4!

A Chi...? What's a Chi doing all the way out here? Wait, what are those people doing to her!? Are they actually shooting at her!? Those monsters! I can't let this go! That girl needs our help!

"Oh HECK!" I yell out in panic as soon as I see the grenade coming our way. I try to move away from the incoming grenade, but I still get caught in the blast, sending me stumbling through the muddy ground.

"Ow, ow, ow..." I slowly lift myself up from the ground, my body aching in pain. Thankfully, I didn't get hit by the full force of the blast, but still, ow. Whoever these guys are, they're not messing around. I see Zander springing into action, and I guess I have no choice but to join in the fight, too. I hate resorting to violence, but I don't think these guys are willing to sit and talk over tea.

I duck behind the nearest cover, and start shooting at the goon Zander went for. "I don't know what's going on, but that girl's in trouble! We need to save her!"

quote:

@Hugzilla: 2d6 Rolling for defense! = (2+1) = 3
Spending 5 Endurance to add another d6.
@Hugzilla: 1d6 = (3) = 3
Spending another 5 endurance to add another d6!
@Hugzilla: 1d6 I SWEAR TO GOD DICE BOT YOU BETTER ROLL GOOD THIS TIME = (5) = 5

@Hugzilla: 6d6 Alia's blasting the heck out of Goon 2Goon 1! = (5+2+5+4+4+3) = 23
@Yami Fenrir: 4d6 Goon 2Goon 1 defends! ( 1 level of Armored) = (2+2+6+2) = 12

Scrree
Jan 16, 2008

Health: 56/60 | Endurance: 30/40 | Conditions: None! | Drama Dice: 0

Debt's initiative is 2!

Really, it was the perfect opportunity to say 'Me and my big mouth!' or let out an exasperated 'Oh, of course!'. Maybe turn towards Alia and say. 'Time to make a fun story, eh?'. It's just that, Debt has become so absolutely enraged when she saw the stun-bolt hit the Chi her ability for witticisms had entirely fled her. If she felt anything other than completely overwhelming anger, it was gratitude; gratitude that these mad-scientist-fucks had appeared in front of her and she had the opportunity to make them pay for their evil.

So when the grenade landed at her side, she didn't look back, but aimed herself forward at the Goon holding the stun-gun. Debt pressed her whole body down into the mud, powerful tail moving her forward, and --

quote:

Scrree - Yesterday at 6:25 PM
/roll 2d6 #Debt Defends!
SidekickBOT - Yesterday at 6:25 PM
@Scrree: 2d6 Debt Defends! = (5+2) = 7
Scrree - Yesterday at 6:25 PM
5; I take 1xDX4 Damage = 4 Damage

Let the explosion roll of her back. A few stone-fragments were blown with enough force to penetrate her tough hide, but the wounds were nothing worse than scratches. The force of the explosion didn't slow her down, either, in fact -- it might have sped her up as she slither along a wave of rising mud and rain.

By the time she reached her target, he was already reeling from smacked with an ark blade (Nice one, Zander!). Debt attacked with no hesitation; if he wanted mercy then maybe he shouldn't have ATTACKED A CHILD IN FRONT OF HER.

"Hyah!" She roared, landing a powerful tentacle right in his gut. And then another, and then another, increasing in speed until it became impossible to determine specific strikes from her flurry of blows!

Debt attacks with Fist Of The North Star But With Tentacles; costing ten endurance and giving her -1 to Defense next round due to Unwieldy!

quote:

/roll 7d6 #Yatatatatata-tah!
SidekickBOT - Yesterday at 6:37 PM
@Scrree: 7d6 Yatatatatata-tah! = (6+1+2+2+4+2+6) = 23
Scrree - Yesterday at 6:37 PM
12, DX is 5

SidekickBOT - Yesterday at 6:39 PM
@Yami Fenrir: 2d6 Goon 1 defends! (Note: Also has 1 level of Armored) = (4+4) = 8
Yami Fenrir - Yesterday at 6:40 PM
alright, so he takes 16 damage from that hit. Not bad!
Due to Overwhelming; Goon 1 must skip his next turn as he decided to Defend against this attack!

With him down (but not out, Debt noted), she turned towards the stunned Chi, "Are you okay? Can you stand?" She asked in a surprisingly kind voice for someone who'd just finished thrashing a man into the mud. Her savagery completely disappeared as she moved over the girl, ready to help the Chi up to the mud as soon as she gave a reply.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Health: 30/30 | Endurance: 25/40 | Conditions: Impaired x1, Stunned | Drama Dice: 3

Azzy was a little stunned as everything seemed to happen at once. The whip flew off her when the bad man was hit with a really big sword from a giant machine man! Then he got shot! Then the fish lady hit him like a million times!! It was all a lot to take in, but she bravely sniffled and made an "Aaah!" sound when it looked like the fish lady was extending a tentacle to help her to her feet. She didn't exactly know what she was saying, not without being able to read her mind, but... If they were helping her, they must be good people!!

The lady was easily able to heft her off the ground and stand her back up. Azzy nuzzled into her side for a moment in thanks, unfortunately unable to properly hug her due to the restraints, then looked at the bad man with eyes full of rage. He had shot her! And electrocuted her! And he was one of the bad men!! Something snapped inside of her as she charged him with an inarticulate cry of rage. In a motion that was part fall and part gigantic kick, one of her feet found its way between his legs with an impressive thud! The man's eyes crossed and rolled back in his head while Azzy wobbled backward and slipped back into the mud. As she and the bad man both fell, a self-satisfied smirk was on her face. Served him right!

quote:

Azzy... KICK!!! [15]
Azzy is tired, angry, wet, partially electrocuted, and at just the right elevation to do some serious damage to some seriously sensitive bits.
[Effective x3 +15, Armor Piercing +5, Accurate x4 +20, Recoil -10, Finisher -10, Unwieldy -5]
Attack: 5 / DX: 4

SidekickBOT - Today at 6:51 AM
@Tricky: 5d6 Azzy hits Goon 1 with a low blow! = (5+3+4+6+5) = 10

SidekickBOT - Today at 6:52 AM
@Yami Fenrir: 2d6 alright, the goon defends! (poor goon) = (5+3) = 3

The goon's effective Armored is 0, so full damage! 7 x 4 DX = 28! Goon 1 is knocked out! Azzy is stunned and at -1 to defend until her next turn!

Tricky fucked around with this message at 16:35 on May 9, 2017

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Health:
50/50 | Endurance: 65/80 | Conditions: | Drama Dice: ???

Right. It was time to get serious. These men were armed heavily. Grenades could cause someone serious harm! The Captain especially!

"Eldar, three targets locked. Fire to wound." Zander said smugly. This would be ended now. Three unconscious guards coming up!

///Firing to wound fatally/// Eldar reported happily. Zander's eyes widened as he heard the hum of the Eldar's plasma battery warming up.

- - -

@Arashiofordo3: 10d6 Zander Unleashes "Elder Plazma Barrage" on Goon 2! = (3+6+3+4+1+4+4+4+4+5) = 20
@Yami Fenrir: 3d6 goon 2 defense roll = (3+3+2) = 6

Diff 14
DX 5 after armour. Total damage 70
RIP

@Arashiofordo3: 10d6 Zander Unleashes "Elder Plazma Barrage" on Goon 3! = (3+2+1+2+4+2+6+4+1+6) = 12
@Yami Fenrir: 3d6 Goon 3 defend roll (armor 1) = (5+3+5) = 10

Diff 2
DX 5 after armour. Total damage 10

@Arashiofordo3: 10d6 Zander Unleashes "Elder Plazma Barrage" on Goon 4! = (3+2+1+1+1+1+2+5+6+4) = 6
@Yami Fenrir: 3d6 goon3 defend roll = (5+4+1) = 5

Diff 1
DX 5 after armour. Total damage 5

- - -

CHOOM! A bright barrage of light that moves as though it was alive charged down at the three guards! The first died immediately. There wasn't anything left of him. Zander felt his bile rise. The other two guards wisely dived out of the way, getting light singes. Thank the old ones! He'd have to be so much more careful going forward! So many tweeks were going to be needed to the Eldar's AI.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Everyone

Round 1 Initiative: Azzy [8] -> Zander, Goon 1+3 [6] -> Alia, Goon 2+4 [4] -> Debt [2]

Goon #1: 0/30 0/30, Impaired x2 (Kicked in the balls by Azzy)
Goon #2: 0/30 0/30, (Smoking Crater)
Goon #3: 0/30 30/30, Overwhelmed, Impaired
Goon #4: 25/30 30/30, Overwhelmed

The tide turns against these mysterious soldiers nearly instantly as Zandar unleashes the might of the Eldar, but despite being completely overwhelmed by your firepower, they refuse to back down!

Alia

Seeing Zanders attack just EVAPORATE one of the goons so suddenly fills your mind with horror - but can you push past the fright and finish the battle?

This is an opportunity to gain a free Drama Dice! You can do this on your own too - you get rewarded for roleplaying your weaknesses. In this case, Jittery seems appropriate - if you're too freaked out to move thanks the result of Zander's attack, you get a free drama dice!

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 21:03 on May 10, 2017

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Health: 35/40 | Endurance: 70/80 | Conditions: None! | Drama Dice: 1

...No... Zander, what did... what did you just do!? I know they were trying to hurt us, but that was- you just vaporized them. Turned them into ash.

...This was supposed to be a simple transport job. Why... why did this have to happen? They were just... people. Bad people, yes, but still people. Flesh and blood, just like us. Did you really have to do what you just did, Zander? Was it really necessary to use all that terrifying power on them? Did it really have to come to that?

I fall down on my knees, and bring my arms around myself. I try to stop shaking, but I can't. My body can't stop shaking.

Dad... Please, help me...

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at 06:49 on May 10, 2017

Scrree
Jan 16, 2008

Woah! What the hell are you unleashing so close to us, Zander? Debt checked herself, he was a careful kid. He wouldn't have launched an attack that could of hit any of his allies. He was smarter than that, it's just...

He was lucky the Chi had her face in the mud when the attacker got vaporized. Even if they were chasing and experimenting on her (which Debt had a very, very strong hunch they were) watching someone's flesh get superheated into ash is something no kid should watch. If the little Chi had been scarred for life, Zander would've gotten quite the talking too!

Debt saw Alia through the storm. She didn't seem to be taking it to well...

Debt and Zander would have to have a little chat, then,

But that would later. Right now, they needed to clear the scene, get this captive Chi to safety, and figure out what her story is.

So, to that end, Debt flanked one of the Goons cowering from Zander's attack. To him, with his night-vision still ruined by the brightness of the plasma barrage, she must've looked like a monster appearing from the dark of the night. Debt struck out a single tentacle, precise, right to his neck. That should bring him down, but as her blow landed, Debt realized her error.

quote:

Scrree - Today at 8:02 PM
/roll 7d6 # Surgical Strike [Accurate +5, Armor Piercing +5, Cancel (Livng Being) -10]
SidekickBOT - Today at 8:02 PM
@Scrree: 7d6 Surgical Strike: [Accurate +5, Armor Piercing +5, Cancel (Livng Being) -10] = (2+6+6+3+2+4+2) = 25

12!

/roll 3d6 #Goon3 defends
SidekickBOT - Today at 8:03 PM
@Yami Fenrir: 3d6 Goon3 defends = (1+5+5) = 11

10!
DX is 4. Goon 3 takes 8 damage!

Dammit! Too much mud! She'd missed his vitals by inches. It was still a solid blow to his collar, but not nearly as devastating as she'd hope. "Surrender, and you'll be spared!" She roared over the rain. Not a particularly creative demand, but what was truly important was the unspoken, implied message -- don't surrender, and you might end up like your friend in the crater over there.

Scrree fucked around with this message at 21:10 on May 10, 2017

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Health: 30/30 | Endurance: 25/40 | Conditions: Impaired x1, Stunned | Drama Dice: 3

After a few moments of squirming fruitlessly in the mud, Azzy managed to work her way back to her feet. She looked down at the fallen man, made a "Hmph!" noise, and spent a few moments surveying the battlefield. What was that bright light from earlier...?

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Health:
50/50 | Endurance: 65/80 | Conditions: | Drama Dice: ???

"AHHH!" Zander said. To the outside it looked like the robot was dancing on the spot in panic! Clutching it's head and hopping from foot to foot! "Oh god! I didn't mean to do that! Captain t-that wasn't my fault!! The AI! It-"

///I did as Pilot asked. Quote. "I. Pilot. Want to kill targets. Fire Plasma Batteries. Kill them. Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha. Die die die." End quote.///

A few moments passed as the emotionless repeat of the 'quote' hangs in the air. The Robot resumed it's panic dance with an even greater intensity!

"AHHHHHHH! I NEVER SAID THAT!!! IT'S LYING CAPTAIN!! I NEVER TOLD IT TO KILL THEM!!!"

///Command Acknowledged. Killing hostiles.////

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

- - -

@Arashiofordo3: 8d6 Zander Elder follows pilots command with an Ark Blade Strike on goon 3! = (3+1+3+4+3+4+1+6) = 9
@Yami Fenrir: 3d6 Goon 3 defends = (1+2+6) = 6

Dx 4 after armour
12 damage

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Everyone

Goon #3: 0/30 30/30, Impaired, Stunned
Goon #4: 12/30 30/30, Overwhelmed

Still reeling from the Plasma Barrage, the third goon is unable to act as he gets hit again by countless tentacles. Upon seeing your artificially terrifying visage, he stumbles backward in fear! Shortly after, they clutch their head, and a short burst of electricity jolts them! What the hell...?

Not that he has much time to recover, as Zander immediately follows up by swinging that gigantic sword of his!

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 21:23 on May 10, 2017

Scrree
Jan 16, 2008

Oh, goddammit.

Well, that explains why these guys seemed so uncoordinated -- no real professional let's themselves get shock-chipped; still that meant this was going to have to be a fight until they couldn't fight anymore.

Debt turns towards Alia, "Don't try to negotiate!" she yelled over the storm, "I'll explain later, just trust me -- it won't work! We don't need to be brutal, but this is a battle we need to fight!" The young captain looked a bit sickened by Zander's display. Hopefully, Debt's words could boost her resolve.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Debt's words manage to reach me, and pulls me out the haze I was in. She's right, this is a fight we need to win if we want to save that girl. I can't falter now. If my dad was here, he'd pick himself back up, and continue fighting, and that's exactly what I need to do now.

I'm still going to have a looooong talk with Zander over what happened once this is over, though.

I get back up on my feet, and aim my blaster at one of the goons, and shoot, aiming to wound them.

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 11:21 PM
@Hugzilla: 6d6 Quick Shot on Goon 4! [Accurate +5, Ranged +0, Ammunition -5] = (3+4+6+3+4+6) = 26
Attack: 6, DX: 1 (3)

@Yami Fenrir: 3d6 Goon4 defends = (5+2+6) = 13
Goon has 1 armor.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Everyone

Goon #3: 0/30 0/30, Impaired, Stunned
Goon #4: 12/30 30/30, Impaired, Stunned, Paralyzed

Taking awfully long to get back up after Zander's attack, due to the large amount of mud, he is unable to attack you.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 22:41 on May 10, 2017

Scrree
Jan 16, 2008

Health: 56/60 | Endurance: 20/40 | Conditions: None! | Drama Dice: 0

"Good." Debt whispered as Alia started taking shots. It wasn't like Debt was a fan of violence, just -- you had to be made of tough stuff to survive in this business, and Alia just showed she was. At least a little bit.

Debt took a quick glance of the battlefield. The assailant she'd been struggling had just taken a few bullets to the chest from Alia, and while his armor took the brunt of it, he still looked pretty winded. Also, he was still reeling from the electro-shock she'd trigger. Debt almost audibly tsk'd; that's why real professional don't use such awful devices!

There was one man still standing with his wits about him. Debt let herself fall into the mud, and began to slide along the ground with her powerful tail. The most important thing about this fight was to make sure the enemy didn't get another chance to attack, and to keep the kids safe. That meant...

---

He was clueless. Defenseless. She emerged from the mud like a hungry beast that'd just found prey, and --

http://i.imgur.com/gCefwpJ.mp4

The goon all the way over to a shallow puddle. She overhead tossed him into it's depths. He wouldn't drown, but given how badly Debt had mangled his pressure points during their tussle, evening getting back on his feet in the next few minutes would be a herculean feat.

quote:

Scrree - Today at 5:17 PM
/roll 8d6 #Debt RESTRAINS [Accurate 2 +10, Impairing +10, Paralyzing +20, Stunning +10, No Damage -20, Open to Attack -20] Goon 4
SidekickBOT - Today at 5:17 PM
@Scrree: 8d6 Debt RESTRAINS [Accurate 2 +10, Impairing +10, Paralyzing +20, Stunning +10, No Damage -20, Open to Attack -20] Goon 4 = (6+1+5+1+2+6+6+3) = 30

18!

Yami Fenrir - Today at 5:17 PM
/roll 3d6 #Goon 4 defends... probably not successfully
SidekickBOT - Today at 5:17 PM
@Yami Fenrir: 3d6 Goon 4 defends... probably not successfully = (2+4+5) = 11

5!

Attack Suceeds! Endurance cost is 10! Choosing to inflict ALL THE CONDITIONS on Goon 4!

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Health: 30/30 | Endurance: 10/40 | Conditions: Impaired x1, Stunned | Drama Dice: 1

Azzy shook herself off as best as she could, though it was immediately replaced with more water and mud, then looked around at what was going on. What had she missed?? There were a bunch of craters now and there were only two guards instead of the three there should have been! The tentacle lady was hugging one of them, so Azzy shrugged and snuck over behind the other. As he narrowly dodged death from energy bolts and an oversized machine man's sword, the last thing that he was expecting was the deadly footwork of an angry Chi.

Azzy sent her foot sinking deep into his poorly-protected suit area, at which point history repeated once more. Her feet skidded out from under her and she slipped down into the mud. The guard was foaming at the mouth as he fell, his eyes empty of any signs of intelligent life. Azzy made a rude 'Pbbbbbth!' sound as he collapsed into the mud and water.

quote:

Azzy... KICK!!! [15]
Azzy is tired, angry, wet, partially electrocuted, and at just the right elevation to do some serious damage to some seriously sensitive bits.
[Effective x3 +15, Armor Piercing +5, Accurate x4 +20, Recoil -10, Finisher -10, Unwieldy -5]
Attack: 5 / DX: 4

SidekickBOT - Today at 1:21 PM
@Tricky: 5d6 Azzy kicks Goon 3! = (5+6+3+4+3)
@Tricky: 2d6 Azzy burns some Lucky dice! = (6+4) = 12

SidekickBOT - Today at 1:23 PM
@Yami Fenrir: 1d6 Goon 3 defends his manlihood! = (2) = 2

10 x 4 DX (armored is pierced) = 40! Goon 3 is out of commission!

Tricky fucked around with this message at 23:06 on May 10, 2017

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Health:
50/50 | Endurance: 55/80 | Conditions: | Drama Dice: ???

"Please Eldar, I'm begging you, don't do it! Please follow my commands." Zander begged, his head pounding. He wanted to throw up. But given that he was inside a hermetically sealed suit, that would end poorly for him.

///Awaiting Command./// Eldar responded. A slight note of amusement in it's voice.

"I need you to knock that one off of his feet. Right there." Zander highlighted the target. The Eldar considered the request for a few moments.

///Acknowledged, Arming Titan Slayer launcher.///

"CANCEL COMMMAND! CANCEL COMMAND!!"

///Acknowledged, cancelling command. Awaiting instructions.///

"Manual pilot mode engage."

///Calculating risk of damage to frame through poor piloting skills.///

"Eldar!"

///Activating manual pilot.///

Finally back in control. Zander decided the safest option was just to thwack at the remaining goons with the sword. Gods only knows what else this thing had hidden up it's sleeves.

- - -

@Arashiofordo3: 8d6 Zander Elder follows pilots command with an Ark Blade Strike on goon 4! = (6+1+1+4+4+4+2+2) = 12
No defence roll
DX 4 after armour
48 Damage

- - -

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at 20:06 on May 11, 2017

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Everyone

A while after the fighting stops down, the foreman steps out of the vehicle he took cover in and meets up with you again. "I've called the interplanetary police already, they should arrive shortly." he explains. "Do... do you have any idea who these guys are?"

He looks at one of the knocked out people. "Never seen that kind of gear..." he quips, as one of his workers, a large and burly Koulomari approches him. He turns to him.

"Boss, we should probably get a move on. The noise probably attracted wildlife." he points out. The foreman nods in response.

"He's got a point. Use, uuh...." he replies, looking through the vehicles in the convoy. "The last one. Disarm them and keep the assailants there, the IPP is going to want em. Anyway, let's get a move on..."

Scrree
Jan 16, 2008

The battle was over. Debt let out a sigh of relief, tension flowing out of her. She was a little tired, but she'd been through much worse. This wasn't exactly a 'clean' victory, but compared to a loss -- she'd take it every time.

That didn't mean her work was done, though. Beyond rebuking Zander for almost losing control of his mech, beyond giving Alia a remorseful congratulations for holding her nerve (kind of) through the bloodshed, beyond all of that, Debt had to comfort the poor Chi who'd just won her freedom.

She slithered over to her at a hurried and concerned pace. Not even bothering to offer a tentacle, but straight up lifting the girl from the mud, "It's okay now. You're safe. The fighting's over." Debt glanced at one of the downed goons, expression frozen in a look of pain, hands cupped over sensitive bits, "You did a good job."

God, she wanted nothing more than to snap those bonds off the Chi's arms. But if the ghoulish freaks who sent the hunters after the Chi were willing to implant their own solders with shock-chips, then there was no loving way they wouldn't put a nasty surprise in their bindings. Still, Debt tried to be as comforting as possible, "What's your name? How'd you end up on this planet?"

If Debt was being honest to herself, she'd admit that her attention wasn't totally innocent. There was a part of her that innately understood that this Chi was an experiment.

quote:

Scrree - Today at 9:48 PM
/roll 6d6 #Debt examines this strange Chi(ld)!
SidekickBOT - Today at 9:48 PM
@Scrree: 6d6 Debt examines this strange Chi(ld)! = (3+3+1+2+2+1) = 12
Scrree - Today at 9:49 PM
6! That's exactly okay!
Rolling Knowledge, Biology to figure out if there is anything strange about this Chi girl! Also rolled another 2d6 for Smart, and got a 4,5, which doesn't change anything!

Were her wings a normal color? Were there anything special about her eyes? Was that nut-crushing kick of particularly spectacular strength for a chi? So many questions. About her past, and about her nature.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

"Your guess is as good as mine," I tell the foreman, while my attention was on the chi. God, I want nothing more than to go up to her, and tell her everything is going to be okay, but it looks like Doc has that handled already.

Good ol' Doc, I can always rely on her. Unlike certain other who can barely control their own drat mechs.

"Anyways..." I turn my attention back to the foreman, "I expect some additional hazard pay after this. Those men were armed, and there was a very real chance that my crew, and yours as well, could have been seriously injured, or worse. I hope you don't mind compensating us for the "extra work" we just did?"

quote:

@Hugzilla: 6d6 Alia's going to negotiate for some hazard pay! = (2+4+6+6+5+5) = 28

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Health:

Zander stepped out of the Eldar, having put it into sleep mode. Moving over to the Doctor, and the Chi.

"Careful Doc, my scans indicate her cuffs are a psychic suppressor. Removing them forcefully could be dangerous. We'll have to do this carefully. I've got the right tools on board. But we'll need to be even more careful. I think the Cap is a little... cross with me all ready. I think she wouldn't be impressed if I accidentally caused the ship to explode.... That said, my lab should have some nullification equipment set up for dealing with Precursor tech. Derived from their designs you know! I'm sure that would provide enough shielding for the initial release."

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Health: 30/30 | Endurance: 10/40 | Conditions: None! | Drama Dice: 1

Almost as soon as the tentacle lady pulled her up off the ground, Azzy found her eyes sinking shut. It had been a long, crazy night! Full of explosions and fires and getting shot at. She yawned incredibly widely, then toppled forward into Debt's grip.

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 5:48 PM
@Tricky: 7d6 Azzy pours on the Cute!-ness = (3+2+6+2+6+6+1) = 18

Tricky fucked around with this message at 02:53 on May 13, 2017

Scrree
Jan 16, 2008

As the Chi falls into her arms, Debt melts. All the tension from the battle fades away, and she uses every tentacle she has to form the most comfortable bed possible for the tired girl. Even her anger at those who committed such abject experiments on sentient life is subsumed into the tide of good feelings emanating from the Chi's adorable sleeping face. "We need to keep her." Debt whispers to herself.

Zander's voice gets her attention, "Yes. Absolutely, we should get her inside and get these bonds off her right away. If your gear can work for precursor tech, then it should be able to handle this slaver's trash no problem." Debt's tone is much lighter than even she expected. Oh sure, she was still going to have a talk with Zander, but the raw emotional reaction to his, ahem, piloting mishap was gone. Replaced by the feeling of holding such a cutie!!

Hm, was this incredible joy a side effect of the Chi's natural psychic ability? Something to consider... later.

As Debt moves back towards the ship, she sees Alia press the foreman for higher pay. Ah, like father, like daughter -- that was a classic Armstrong move.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Alia

The foreman looks a bit indecisive, but then he glanced back to the scene of the fight for a second.

"Yeah... yeah, alright. That's fair. Whatever these guys are about, they're a lot more dangerous than wildlife. But no more than standard rates for hazard pay." he replies, looking you sternly. "We're not made out of money, you know. If we were we wouldn't be mining backwater planets."

Debt

Once you're finally done swooning over how cute she is, you do notice quite a few oddities. Her wings are discolored - while heavily warried, they usually always have some shade of purple to them - only a tiny amount of their population doesn't. They're also humming strangely - a lot higher frequency than usual - but that could be partly attributed to adrenaline.

Her strength is abnormally high, too - especially for a juveline Chi like her. That leg strength is roughly at the level of an adult human, if your quick mental estimate is to be believed.

You can't really check her eyes without risking waking her up - but your trained eyes notice a lot of muscle movement in the eye area, even when asleep.

Sadly, you do not have any of the proper equiment with you, so that's about as much as you can tell right now - but it's definitely worth having another look once you're on the ship.

Zander

Now that the battle's over, you should think about what to do about the three mysterious people that attacked you. They're still alive, after all, and leaving them here is very likely to endanger your employers... Sure, the cops are on their way, but it's going to take a while till they arrive.

Azzy

As you doze off, you find yourself in an empty, white void, with only you in sight... and one other.

A black figure, with orange wings, stands here, unmoving. Uncaring.

While it does not move a muscle, or say a word, you can feel its gaze upon you. It feels like the crushing gaze of disappointment.

Finally, after what must have been multiple minutes, it utters a word, the voice strangely distorted by something.

"Weak."

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Health: 30/30 | Endurance: 10/40 | Conditions: None! | Drama Dice: 1

Azzy made a face at the scary figure. She looked... familiar. Very familiar. For a moment, she didn't say anything, but the words (thoughts?) began to bubble out, "Mgrgrgr! Azzy didn't see you helping!" She pouted for a moment, then continued, "Azzy couldn't think, Azzy couldn't use her hands...! It was wet and cold and they shot me!"

She sighed and curled up on the floor of the void.

Scrree
Jan 16, 2008

It looked like Alia got what she wanted from the foreman, so Debt pushed her way into the conversation, "Alia, we need to get back to the Butterfly. This little one --" she lifted the Chi in her arms a bit, "is in serious need of a medical checkup, the breaking of her bonds, and a good bed. We can't do any of that here." Debt's tone was a bit harsher than she intended. It's just that... this was important. If, ocean-forbid, Alia wasn't willing to call a shuttle then Debt was ready to hike the miles back to the hanger on tendril! Every moment the Chi was out in this downpour was another moment where she wasn't being helped, and that put Debt surprisingly on edge.

As she nestled the Chi protectively within her tentacles, Debt's perceptive eyes caught a minor flick of facial movement. The Chi was talking in her sleep.

That was so cuuuuuuute~~~!

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

I nod at the foreman, "That's fine with me." With that out of the way now, I turn my attention to Doc. "...Yea, we should head back. I could only imagine what the poor thing's been through. I'll count on you to take care of her, Doc."

"Hey, Zander!" I call out to him, "Come on, we're heading back to the ship!" I'm still a little miffed at him, but honestly, I'm just... really, really, really tired now, and I'm more worried about the little girl. What could those slavers want with her? I thought the act of enslaving Chi was outlawed years ago?

...Eh, I'll figure it out later. Right now, it's more important that she gets some medical attention. "Let's go."

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Health:

Goodness. Dr Debt was clearly infatuated with the Chi. Who knew that her race was so... human. He'd always believed it was a very human trait to find member of other species cute, and feel protective over them. Clearly she'd had her maternal instincts triggered. Zander remembered the time that he and a Subrosians had gotten into a fist/tentacle fight. He had no desire to repeat the experience. He would have to be very careful.

"Captain, what should we do with the unconscious felons? We can't leave them here. The wildlife is not known to be especially kind around these parts. Never mind the risk of hypothermia if they're left out in the rain. We don't have the facilities to hold them ourselves. Perhaps we can leave them in the fine company of our employers?"

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

"...Oh, right. The interplanetary police should be here soon, so I guess we could tie them up and have the miners watch over them before the police arrive," I tell Zander, "Once we're done restraining them, we'll head back to the ship so we can check up on the Chi," and so I can lie on my bed for the next 12 hours, "Any objections?"

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Health:

"None from me, Captain." Zander confirms. Finishing his ties on the binding ropes. "There, that should hold them. I'll leave these men to you." He says to the Foreman. Returning to the Eldar, so they might be ready to return home.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Alia

A few minutes later, the police arrives, and they're just as confused about the attackers as you are. The police captain then hands you a small amount of money for the capture of these unknown criminal, as per usual terms.

Nevertheless, they get carried off by the officer, and you eventually part with them, making your way back to the ship with your new Chi friend!

Uhm... probably new friend?

Zander

Now that you're on the ship, and have your proper tools, you can start working on getting the restraints off. Your preparatory scans show some good news and some bad news.

Good news?

You should be able to get them off with what you have available to you.

Bad news?

THERE'S A BOMB IN THE COLLAR!

Azzy

"I will be strong in your place." it replies, emotionless.

Shortly after, you wake up again, surrounded by the tentacle lady, the human girl, and... probably the person who was in the big thing from earlier?

Debt

The Chi somewhat abruptly wakes up, and immediately starts shifting and fidgeting around! Oh no! How are you going to tell her to sit still for a bit so Zander can work?

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 13:03 on May 23, 2017

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Health:

Zander looked at the restraints. A mild interest. It wasn't a Precursor artifact, therefore it was inherently more boring. But the presence of an explosive device was certainly curious.

"Hmmm, Captain, there appears to be explosives in this collar. I can remove it. But I'm uncertain what the trigger for them will be. I expect we will need to jettison the collar as quickly as possible once removed." he tried not to sound disappointed. Not even the slightest trace of precursor tech as inspiration for the mechanisms. No appreciation for true beauty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrree
Jan 16, 2008

Debt shot Zander a quick look, don't mention that there's a bomb in the collar while the subject is awake! Ah well, the Chi still seemed a bit groggy, hopefully Debt could distract her from the fact she has an explosive on her throat.

Debt's bedside manner wasn't great, or good, or really there at all, but this was a fairly simple operation. "Hello, little one," she moved directly in front of the Chi, trying to become the sole focus of her attention, "we are the Armstrong Limited Company, a group of," don't say mercenaries, don't say mercenaries, "individuals who travel the galaxy doing useful things for people. You are currently on our ship, the Butterfly."

"I," she flared her tentacles out and pointed them at her own face, "am D-(inaudible whale noises). but you can just call me Debt." I'm the doctor of this ship. Next, she pointed her tentacles towards Zander, "This is Zander, the ship's," precursor maniac, "engineer." Finally, Debt pointed towards Alia, "And this is our astute captain, proprietor of the Armstrong Ltd, Alia Armstrong."

"Now that we've introduced ourselves, would you do us the kindness of introducing yourself," Debt shot Zander a glance, her voice dropped out of the sugary sweet tone she'd been addressing the Chi with, "while the good doctor get's those bonds off?" She snatched a clipboard from Zander's desk, it was full of inspired musings on precursor tech. There was no pen. Whatever, Debt would just fake writing with a tentacle. "Now, would you please tell me..."

"What's your name?"

"Do you have any family, or associations, we can contact?"

"Who were those people chas--" Debt paused, if her goal was to distract the Chi and keep her from fidgeting, bringing up the trauma of the kidnapping now would not help. She forced down her curiosity, "Nevermind. Uh, how are you feeling? Are you in any pain? Are you experiencing any abnormal sensations? We are well stocked in medicine, so if you need anything, please just ask."

Scrree fucked around with this message at 17:13 on May 27, 2017

• Locked thread