Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

AFashionableHat posted:

Also, I absolutely think Kazumi is in Tekken 8. She is the archetypal Tekken 7 character and she has a huge fanbase.

I think Claudio, Leroy, and Fakhumram are likely to not return. Shaheen is questionable, as he’s in many ways overlapped by Law. Chloe and Kazumi feel like obvious keepers though.

Kazumi is really good character design and a good basics character that has some flavor but the plot has me thinking she might be gone or her moveset transferred to a new character. Claudio is super popular for a newcomer and a big part of the plot, I think he's 100% guaranteed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

I'd never save you in a million years
I hope Tekken 8 has a weird mental daydream scene where just completely out of nowhere Kazuya has to beat up his own traumatic repressed emotions towards both his parents. That is the only justification given for why Heihachi and Kazumi are still on the roster.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

Seltzer posted:

Kazumi is really good character design and a good basics character that has some flavor but the plot has me thinking she might be gone or her moveset transferred to a new character. Claudio is super popular for a newcomer and a big part of the plot, I think he's 100% guaranteed.

The plot of Tekken does not matter.

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Baroness Kanan-Zelaya of the minor House of Carbon
It takes about 3 deaths in Tekken before a character's really dead so Kazumi will likely haunt some young new lady in Tekken 8 which will be an excuse to sell costumes

Heihachi's still dead, his ghost will come back and run the zaibatsu.

Shaheen's the most likely cut since Shaheen only had a side story episode

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

I would bet that Leroy is coming back for tekken 8, people responded really well to his design and I think he would be a lot more beloved if he wasn't so over tuned for such a long time.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Dracula Factory posted:

I would bet that Leroy is coming back for tekken 8, people responded really well to his design and I think he would be a lot more beloved if he wasn't so over tuned for such a long time.

His moveset is quite possibly the lamest in the game. I'm not exaggerating when I say everyone would like the character from a design and play standpoint much more if they just copy and pasted Wang's moveset to him. My conspiracy theory is his cane move was a test and that they probably wanted to introduce a one per set move in Tekken 8 for all characters.

e- Also I've seen literally 0 of him online since he got brought down to earth with patches

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

rip the Leroy dream

Skjorte
Jul 5, 2010
I still run into the occasional Leroy. I usually never mind losing or getting massacred by gimmicks -- Xiaoyu's been my favorite character for two decades, so to me the "real" Tekken is already gimmicky -- but Leroy's toolkit still seems unfair to me, and he's the only character I'm reluctant to rematch with because I find him to be such a bummer.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Leroys design is as cool as Wangs was generic and lame.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the wall carry in this game at the moment is just ridiculous

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Seltzer posted:

Wouldn't surprise me if Tekken 8 would have a new Hajicho family character, both because of Kazumi's popularity and lore-wise them being just as heavily involved with the Devil gene as the Mishimas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paranoid Dude
Jul 6, 2014
Hey, Tekken 3-enjoying Eddy Gordo stan here.

I have been looking to get my pride, ego, and will broken all at once as I can no longer befuddle my opponents by making figure-8s with my joystick anymore, but the discord invites on the OP no longer work... can I get an invite to the Tekken/FGs discord?

e: oh, I did not realize this thread has not had posts in years my b