Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
JOIN THE FIGHTING GAMES DISCORD TO FIND MATCHES WITH GOONS WHO SUCK AS BAD AS YOU DO!

Hey so after approximately 47 years in development, Tekken 7 is finally coming out and this thread is about that! Shoutouts to LunaWasHere and other goons for helping out. Play Tekken it's a good game.

:siren::siren:Trying to learn Tekken? Watch these videos, they will help connect a lot of the dots for you!:siren::siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJEJ8PJXoaM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF7LA-sS3h4

Also check out the Official Basic Mechanics Guide and the Top Moves List for each character

TEKKEN 7 RELEASE INFO

Release date: June 2, 2017
Platforms: Steam, PlayStation 4, Xbox One

The home releases of Tekken games historically have incredibly robust features, including a lengthy story mode, lots of cosmetic customization, and special fun bonus modes. Even if you're not the super competitive type, this game will keep you busy for a while! The netcode in the previous Tekken game was also incredibly good, and there's every expectation that T7's will be excellent as well. Also, for the first time, Tekken is coming to PC, so pick it up on Steam and you will have lots of goons to play with.

If Street Fighter V's release left a bad taste in your mouth, get Tekken 7 to see what a good fighting game release is supposed to look like. You can even be Akuma because Akuma is in this game!

Pre-Order the game and get early access to Eliza aka Narcoleptic Titty Vampire*

The Digital Deluxe Edition comes with the season pass, meaning you get both of the DLC guest characters (when they release), a "Unique Game Mode" and additional costumes for you to play dress-up with. Speaking of DLC characters, those have been pretty controversial for fighting games to have. What's the plan with them in Tekken? For one, they will not be releasing any Classic Tekken characters as Paid DLC. For two, they have two characters lined up, both from non-Tekken franchises similar to how Akuma from Street Fighter is in here. Season Pass info, along with very broad dating on the DLC characters can be found here.

*not actually her official title absolutely 100% her official title

Since its inception in 1994, Tekken has grown to become the #1-selling fighting game series in the world. It does this by being as fun for college bros to mash in as it is for frame-counting nerdos to obsess over, but since you're in a SomethingAwful fighting game thread, you can pretty much guess which group you're gonna be dealing with here.

Honestly, Tekken can be an incredibly fun game, but it's also obtuse and hard to learn and doesn't give a poo poo if that makes you feel bad. But with Tekken 7's arrival, lots of series newcomers will be trying to pick up the game, so if you've never given it a serious shot before, this is the time to get in on it!

The core gameplay from Tekken Tag 2 (sans tagging) is largely intact, but with a few major new additions:
  • Rage Arts - Think Ultras from Street Fighter 4. When your HP gets low enough for you to enter Rage, you can sacrifice the general damage boost you'll get to instead go for a big super. Most of them are unsafe, but many can be comboed into, giving you the chance for some clutch turnarounds.
  • Rage Drives - If Rage Arts are Ultras, Rage Drives are like EX moves. Again, you spend your Rage to do one, but these can be situationally really good moves (like a safe low that launches on hit, or moves that enable combo extensions that wouldn't otherwise work).
  • Power Crush - Each character now has at least one move with baked-in armor, allowing you to blow through your opponent's pressure if their pokes become too predictable. You still take the full damage for any armored hits you take, but landing the hit anyway can really help you reverse the momentum of a round. (Particularly helpful for newer players who wouldn't otherwise know how to escape pressure.)
  • Bound Screw Attacks - T7's version of bound moves, i.e. moves that play a core part in letting you extend your bnb juggles. Indicated by S! in combo notation.
  • Unreal Engine - Tekken 7 might just be the prettiest fighting game out there right now, thanks to being moved over to the latest Unreal Engine.
  • Slow Mo - This isn't really a "mechanic" per se but it's loving hype as poo poo.
    http://i.imgur.com/TdncNLU.mp4

Character Specifics: Tekken Zaibatsu Forums

Tekken Zaibatsu is the heart of the online Tekken community, and some good players post here. That doesn't mean it's any less terrible than most other online communities, however, so don't stray too far outside your character's movelist or strategy forum.

TZ's best info can be found in two places: the site itself has a glossary of terms, explanation of mechanics, and specific character movelists that are maintained by the owner. This means that sometimes hard data is only posted or maintained when he gets around to it, and sometimes he doesn't get around to it for a while. Still, it's a good first stop for that stuff.

The other resource here is the TZ forums themselves. Head to the forum for the character you're trying to learn, and look toward the top of the thread list for juggle indices, punishment guides, frame data, and so on. The only issue here is that it can be a bit of a crapshoot: some characters might happen to have players who go to the trouble of making an organized, informative thread; others don't. If yours doesn't, you may have to do a little more digging to get good info, and it may be worth checking secondary sites (like the shoryuken forums) as well.

And if you don't like reading, there's always...

Tekken is a fast game, so seeing how stuff works can be an easier way to learn mechanics than reading about them. Level Up Your Game was asked by Namco themselves to produce a set of tutorial videos for Tekken Tag Tournament 2, and a lot of the info is still relevant for T7.

Video 1 - The Basics: Notation, Blocking, Hit Ranges, Basic Movement, Differences From Other Fighting Games, Full Crouch/While Standing, Counter-Hits, Basic Mixups/Mind Games (applying lows/mids/highs/throws), Intermediate Mind Games (low parries, stepping moves, crushes), Advanced Mind Games (baiting whiffs, okizeme/wakeup game), Tag Basics
Video 2 - Intermediate Part 1: Zoning in 3D, Throw System, Advanced Movement (backdash canceling, wavedashing, snake dashing, etc.)
Video 3 - Intermediate Part 2: How to Get Up, Running Attacks, Reversal System, Tag Crash
Video 4 - Combos: Tag Assaults, Rage, Red Life Management, Auto Tag Assault Fillters, Universal Tag Assault Bounds, Combo Building

Aris is a fat disgusting sexist racist homophobic piece of poo poo. But he has posted helpful videos about sort of a random array of Tekken mechanic esoterica. You can look at his YouTube channel to see if any of the concepts sound useful.

Tekken's move notation system is a bit different from other games, at least in English. It doesn't use the typical anime numpad style (66P 236K, etc.), nor the jumping/standing/crouching-state notation typical of Street Fighter (e.g. j.HK, c.MP, c.MP xx qcf+P). Instead, Tekken assigns numbers to each of the attack buttons, and uses abbreviated directions to attach to them where needed, while also adopting some of the more common abbreviations for motions (like qcf/hcf).

Below is the full guide to Tekken's (Western) notation system, as printed in the legend on Tekken Zaibatsu. If something is unclear or you see some character-specific notation that you're not sure you understand, you can see the move lists on TZ for more info, or ask in the thread. And, should you ever happen to find yourself looking at moves/frame data on a Korean or Japanese site, note that they use anime notation instead (but they also do other stupid poo poo like referring to moves by their actual names, so who cares what they think).

Also, note that spacing and punctuation imply timing when writing out strings or juggles in Tekken. In descending order of speed:
  • 3~4 (Quickly slide across buttons 3 and 4)
  • 3,4 (Press 3 and 4 in direct succession)
  • 3, 4 (Press 3, slight pause, then 4)
  • 3>4 (Press 3; 4 can be delayed for some length of time)
If you see something like: 1,2,3, b+2,4, it's likely that b+2,4 is a separate string from 1,2,3, based simply on the pause between the two that the space suggests.

:siren: Click this Google Doc! :siren:

Tekken games in the past have had a very diverse cast of characters, and 7 is no different. Most have very distinct playstyles, and there isn't necessarily a "Ryu" of Tekken. Fortunately, the very helpful doc above contains info on every character in Tekken 7 (barring Eliza, Kuma, Panda and Eddy as they are not currently available in Arcades, which is where this info is pulled from), and gives you a rough sense of what they do and how hard they are to use.

A lot of the info below is going to be info that will be semi-neccessary to learn, but all of this can be a lot to take on when you just wanna fightmans. Look at this later when you want so you don't overwhelm yourself.

First things first: Frame Data. Everyone loves Frame Data. This is "accurate" in that it was measured by people analyzing video's of moves since we don't have access to ingame frame data just yet. This will be updated on Tekken 7's full release.

Now you've finally chosen a character to start with, and you're ready to dive in and see what they can do. Before you start mashing your face on the buttons, there's an extremely important part of Tekken that I can't stress enough: learning to move properly.

Many people whose experience with Tekken is limited complain that they feel like they're stuck in molasses when they move (or, if they've seen higher level play, that everyone is having a seizure all the time). It's true that the way people move around might look a little weird initially, but they're doing it for a reason: baiting your opponent into making a mistake while also maintaining your ability to defend is paramount, and you really can't do so effectively without using things like sidestep cancels or crouch dashes.

Pay special attention to the emphasis a lot of tutorials put on movement. It is supremely important in Tekken, and it's something that you'll continue to master the entire time you play.

:siren: Open-source doc with each character's most important moves here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/14QszwNxYv5VpTq2BY9jAN972SeZRbbw-oqj2dONWINI/edit :siren:

Once you've picked a character (or when you're trying to figure out what a new one does), here's your checklist of stuff to start figuring out:

1. Run through the character's move list completely at least once or twice. The purpose here isn't to memorize every move, but to give you a loose sense of what the character does, what their attacks look like, what some of their more interesting properties are, etc.

2. Pokes and Pressure. See list linked above. What moves do they have that are fast, safe, and useful? What tools can you use to keep your opponent blocking or to interrupt his/her pressure without putting yourself at risk? Look for things like jab strings, quick mid or special mid hits, safe lows, moves that track sidesteppers, or anything fast and safe that has good range and isn't easily ducked or punished on block.

3. Punishment. Really important. Find a TZ thread for your character that talks about punishes and/or check out the list linked above. A punishment guide could look something like this, using Paul from TTT2 as an example:

10f: 1,2(22 dmg, +7)_1,2,3(30 dmg; should be used only if it kills them)
12f: b+1,2(40 dmg, +4, forces opponent into crouch)_d+1+2(36 dmg, KND_W!)
14f: b+3(launch, works only at close range)
15f: d/f+2_u/f+4_u/f+3,4_u/f+3(all 4 launch)_qcf+2(57 dmg clean/38 dmg far, KND_W!)
16f: f,f+2:1(44 dmg, KND_W!)
19f: qcf+1(launch)
23f: u/f,N+4(launch)

Listed on the left are the number of startup frames for each move on the right (for a refresher on how frames and frame data work, see the Fighting Game Thread). Jabs in Tekken usually have 10 frames of startup, so generally anything that's -10 or better on block is safe (but NOT on whiff, mind you).

Looking past the 10 frame level, Paul has lots of excellent options: note that he gets very solid damage at only the +12f mark, and depending on which punish is used, you either force a crouch, or get a full knockdown (or even better, a wall splat, if you're near a wall). At +14, you can use b+3 as a punish and get a bunch of extra damage via juggle followup.

Now, realistically, are you going to know in the middle of a fight that your opponent's move X is -11 on block while their move Y is -13? Probably not. But you might start by trying to punish move X with jabs, and hey, you find out it works every time. And it seems like the recovery on move Y is actually slightly longer, so maybe d+1+2 or even b+3 would work in the right situation. You try d+1+2 and it definitely works, but when you try punishing with b+3, it always gets blocked. Clearly move Y is punishable by d+1+2, but not b+3. This learning process takes place over and over across hundreds of fights, so it's another case of "don't worry about memorizing a bunch of poo poo at once; just pay attention to what's happening and you'll pick it up over time."

4. Juggles. The Tekkenest part of Tekken. Learn your bnbs well enough that you can do them on reaction the vast majority of the time. You want this not only because it's obviously a good idea to be able to stick your damage consistently, but also because of the nature of Tekken's stages and the unpredictable situations in which you might get a launch. Don't get too caught up in trying to do the absolute most damage you can find with your juggles. When a Tekken juggle is hard, it's loving hard, and it's much much better to complete a 40%-life juggle 9/10 times than a 45%-life juggle 3/10 times.

5. Mixups, Oki, Setups, etc. Start thinking bigger. So you've found a cool 3-hit string that ends in a low knockdown and allows for a small juggle follow-up when it hits. So what happens when your opponent has seen that string before? Is there some variant on it you can do to keep them guessing? Is the string safe if you stop after 2 blocked hits, but totally punishable if you do all 3? Could you, say, do the first two hits to bait a reaction, then backdash to avoid it and punish with a mid launch?

At its core, this is what Tekken is really about : based on the options I have and what my opponent is expecting, how can I completely shut him down by seeming to be one step ahead of him at all times? Naturally, this is where the human element comes in, and it's not something you can really learn in Training Mode. I recommend reading about your character online for ideas, but ultimately, just play the game. The more experience you get, the more you learn what other players and characters do, the better you'll get at this, and you may even come up with some tricky poo poo that no one else has really done before.

Q. I'm new to Tekken. Is Tekken 7 a good time to jump in?
A. Yes, absolutely. There are a few mechanics new to T7 that make it more digestible than previous entries, and lots of other new players are going to be picking it up, so you'll be in good company.

Q. Is the netcode any good?
A. YES. Tekken Tag 2 had probably the best non-GGPO online experience in a fighting game thus far. It made basically all other FG netcode look bad.

Q. What system will goons be playing on?
A. Lots of us will be getting it on PC, but no doubt there will be lots on PS4 as well. Don't play fighting games on Xbox though you dork.

Q. Is there cross-platform play?
A. Unfortunately not. Harada has talked about this and would like to do it, but because the game is on Xbox and Playstation (as well as PC), it's not feasible due to incompatibilities in their respective infrastructures.

Q. What's the best place to find matches with goons?
A. #fighting-games on Goonsgarden Discord - You don't even have to register an account or download a client!

Q. Do I need an arcade stick to get good at Tekken?
A. Nope! Actually there are tons of high level players who use regular ol' controllers. Holding a Dual Shock in "claw grip" works perfectly well for Tekken. (I.e., your left hand holds the D-pad side of the controller normally, but instead of gripping the right side the same way, you rest the controller on your lap and hit the face buttons with your fingers. Tekken only has 4 attack buttons, so you don't need R1/R2 access!)

Q. What does the game content look like if I'm not really a competitive fighting game player? Is there other stuff to do?
A. The biggest reason Tekken 7 has taken so long to come out is to ensure a robust Story Mode, tons of unlockable content (like custom outfits for your fightmans), goofy bonus modes, etc. There will be a couple of guest characters sold down the road as DLC, but you can expect a very complete cast (/game) from day 1.

Q. What's a good character for noobs?
A. Check out this character guide for full details, but to narrow it down a bit, take a look at these characters:

[Left to right:]
Akuma (for you SF nerds trying to break in who are too lazy to actually learn the game)
Asuka (defense-oriented waifu)
Jack-7 (rock-solid fundamentals in a Terminator robot body)
Josie Rizal (lots of short strings that give you canned mixup options)
Katarina (high risk/reward, with easy execution)
Kazumi Mishima (small movelist, throws tigers at people)
Leo (androgynous kungfu person who's also top tier)
Lili (does many flip kicks which hurt; wears creepy outfits)
Miguel (fights with the renowned martial art of "drunk guy at a bar")
Paul (super good standing punishment and simple mixups; /!\LORD OF DEATHFISTS/!\)
Shaheen (straightforward character with little execution required)

Again, feel free to ask questions in this thread if you're just getting into the game.

:pcgaming:NOW LET'S PARTY!:pcgaming:
[thx jmcrofts for the gifs]

http://i.imgur.com/mjzKRJO.mp4

http://i.imgur.com/rbQWuv5.mp4

http://i.imgur.com/1PHmbo8.mp4

http://i.imgur.com/CGovXYn.mp4

Brosnan fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Jul 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Play tekken, its good

Brosnan is gonna make fun of me for only playing the game for a week but jokes on him I'll play it for two just to spite him

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Give harada your money

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
soul calibur is a far superior game since battling with weapons is much more interesting, but i'm looking forward to giving this one a try.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I am glad you were freed from your unjust imprisonment Brosnan

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Also I didn't really do a whole lot other than update some bbcode

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Zand posted:

soul calibur is a far superior game since battling with weapons is much more interesting, but i'm looking forward to giving this one a try.

Plz do not troll me in my own thread!!

Kobold Sex Tape
Feb 17, 2011

i can't wait to play some tekken 7

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Miguel is back!

giogadi
Oct 27, 2009

Suuuuuuuper pumped to dive into my first Tekken game (besides T3 when I was in elementary school). I'm glad that the netcode is expected to be great, but what should I expect from the whole online experience outside the matches? In TTT2 was there matchmaking and/or online lobbies? Which did players tend to use more? If there's a lobby system half as good as Xrd's, that'll be all I need.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I buy every fighting game on the PS4 and uninstall them when I realize I suck rear end, find multiplayer frustrating, and the single player isn't fun and has no decent progression/unlocks/hooks to tickle my lizard brain. Is this a good buy for that? I know Injustice 2 is going to hit the target but I've only played Tekken for short periods of time and new things are always fun.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Kilometers Davis posted:

I buy every fighting game on the PS4 and uninstall them when I realize I suck rear end, find multiplayer frustrating, and the single player isn't fun and has no decent progression/unlocks/hooks to tickle my lizard brain. Is this a good buy for that? I know Injustice 2 is going to hit the target but I've only played Tekken for short periods of time and new things are always fun.

no, you don't like fighting games at all

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Zand posted:

no, you don't like fighting games at all

I do! I'm just a weirdo who dumps hundreds of hours into Smash, MKX, SFV (lol) single player matches.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Kilometers Davis posted:

There's a story mode which is supposed to be pretty substantial I think.

Personally I usually find Tekken a fun single player experience and a good game to play around in with friends in local co-op. Even though I get burnt out on the online quickly due to being trash garbage. But maybe this will be the game I actually decide to put effort into learning a character. Who knows?

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Kilometers Davis posted:

I do! I'm just a weirdo who dumps hundreds of hours into Smash, MKX, SFV (lol) single player matches.

There's plenty you can try to have fun with, but as far as unlocking stuff off a list goes I don't think this will work out for you. Unlocks are mostly from grinding money traditionally. But you managed to have fun in SFV so I'd still give an actual good game a shot.

I am hyped for this game, I look forward to being bad with almost every single character on the noob list

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Kilometers Davis posted:

There's a story mode that covers the main story threads of the entire series plus sub-chapters; it's not straight fight/cutscene/fight, there are little minigame/setpiece-type things every so often. There's also Treasure Battle which has you fighting an endless cavalcade of AI ghosts, sometimes under gimmicky circumstances, to unlock wacky dressup items.

It's a minor thing but they've also included a gallery with all the cutscenes from the previous games and even non-games like the pachinko machines and so on.

It should also be said that the PS4 version has a few exclusives: Tekken Jukebox, which lets you create playlists using the music from all the previous games, plus a few exclusive legacy costumes like Jin's T4 costume.

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

It's not animation, but the real stories!
This game is gonna be good af, and I'm sad it's gonna be dead in 2 weeks aside from the core community. Please prove me wrong nerds because I want a game to invest time in.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Uznare posted:

This game is gonna be good af, and I'm sad it's gonna be dead in 2 weeks aside from the core community. Please prove me wrong nerds because I want a game to invest time in.

just

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=930H_ZRExbg&t=8s

nerd

nogic
Jul 6, 2002
Can't wait for Tekken 7!!

https://twitter.com/kuro__kuro__/status/805407736192086016

Looking at this again, I wonder if this would basically be an infinite. It looks like Bob only turns around once he gets to rage.

edit: wait, it's not even when he goes into rage, he just randomly turns around

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
If you're wondering if you should play this or Street Fighter V allow me a quick pros/cons list:

Pros: T7 isn't SFV

Cons: doesn't matter it's not SFV

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
this is a good time for fighting games that aren't named Street Fighter

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
uh what about Ultra Street Fighter 2 HD Remix Remix, coming exclusively to Nintendo Switch at the end of the month?

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
Tekken has never really been my jam but DoA, Soul Calibur, & MK don't have BULLET CLUB outfits so idk.

Shame about the wet fart PS VR support though.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
disturbing lack of shower akuma in the op

https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/babyishgracefulcanary

dragon enthusiast fucked around with this message at 06:19 on May 8, 2017

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Deathfist my rear end, Paul Phoenix.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Deathfist my rear end, Paul Phoenix.

I say this to every guy I sleep with.

The day a man responds "oooOOAAAAAGH!" is the day I've found my partner for life.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

:five:

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

I just hope it's a Clean Hit.

Joking aside, I'm happy for 3D fighting fans that they're getting another solid shot in the arm after what seems like years. I guess DOA5LR was probably the last big 3D fighter to have some success and I know there are a lot of folks who aren't into that series for various gameplay and aesthetic reasons.

dog house
Sep 13, 2012

I barely have any experience with 3D fighters but I'm excited to try this and do the camera punching rage art thing with Miguel.

Zero000
Mar 8, 2008

Woof.
I am ready for Tekken

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEGymfKWXt0

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

giogadi posted:

Suuuuuuuper pumped to dive into my first Tekken game (besides T3 when I was in elementary school). I'm glad that the netcode is expected to be great, but what should I expect from the whole online experience outside the matches? In TTT2 was there matchmaking and/or online lobbies? Which did players tend to use more? If there's a lobby system half as good as Xrd's, that'll be all I need.

Tekken 7 looks like it has a built in tournament mode for online where you can win funbucks.

Which is just the greatest

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Pumped for story mode.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I like Bryan he's strong

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
I want to dress Paul up in a Benimaru outfit.

e: actually this will do just fine

:swoon:

Cake Smashing Boob fucked around with this message at 12:08 on May 8, 2017

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Gavok posted:

Pumped for story mode.

mods, change my name to RIPSPLISTS!!

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

So can Rage Drives basically function in the same way EX Moves i.e. have super-armor or go through certain moves? Idk if the other Tekken games I played (T5, TTT2) had this but I'm into spending your super meter on that stuff instead of the ultra move.

That slo-mo is gonna be so loving cool to watch in replays.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

$80 + tax for the Deluxe Edition that only gets you two DLC characters. :eyepop:

I really want this game but will just skip the DLC characters until there is a sale on them. Did anyone get to play the arcade version?

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

DLC Inc posted:

So can Rage Drives basically function in the same way EX Moves i.e. have super-armor or go through certain moves? Idk if the other Tekken games I played (T5, TTT2) had this but I'm into spending your super meter on that stuff instead of the ultra move.

That slo-mo is gonna be so loving cool to watch in replays.

In general, no, they don't have armour at all. They're often far more useful than the Rage Drives though.

An example, I play Leo.

-Her Rage art is a slow, armoured mid that's very punishable on block but does a lot of damage on hit.
-Rage Drive is a fast, wallsplatting, safe mid with incredible pushback, and if it pushes them back against a wall, is one of the very few moves in the game that can chip kill.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

I said come in! posted:

I really want this game but will just skip the DLC characters until there is a sale on them. Did anyone get to play the arcade version?

I played it at Evo but only for like 5 minutes so I can't say much useful about it. The arcade version looks incredible visually, probably the best-looking 3d fighting game I've ever seen. I know the console version has been scaled down to 900p but hopefully it'll still look awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The load times were bad for a long while, do we know what they're like now?