Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

For the armor king stomp it effectively means unless you get a CH on the first hit you are going to be launched when they block the second if they're paying attention. Nothing wrong with one stomp though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Faffel posted:

For the armor king stomp it effectively means unless you get a CH on the first hit you are going to be launched when they block the second if they're paying attention. Nothing wrong with one stomp though.

There are certain oki situations where all three stomps are guaranteed on a downed opponent but I can't remember which.

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Baroness Kanan-Zelaya of the minor House of Carbon
Wait Tekken has a parry mechanic and it's not just Gouki

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Jack Trades posted:

There are also moves that don't have any mixup and they just poo poo on autoblock just because Tekken is inconsistent like that.

I always say in my head "keep holding back don't auto block" but sometimes I let go of the stick to just roll my wrist around and auto block a high high mid string and get caught by the last hit for no loving reason at all and I just laugh. Unless I'm wrong and there's strings that are intended to do that but uhh I don't think so?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Nazzadan posted:

I always say in my head "keep holding back don't auto block" but sometimes I let go of the stick to just roll my wrist around and auto block a high high mid string and get caught by the last hit for no loving reason at all and I just laugh. Unless I'm wrong and there's strings that are intended to do that but uhh I don't think so?

Pretty sure it's just whack, like most of the Tekken's systems to some degree are.

I've been playing against Asuka lately and her cancans turn into an unseeable low launcher unless you're holding back because even though the second hit doesn't combo normally the autoblock just decides to stop working there.

tgijsola
Apr 27, 2008

orange
Pillbug
Don't rely on autoblock, don't even think of it as a system. Just be happy that sometimes you block even though you were too dumb to be holding back, and leave it at that.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Afaik auto block won't block a low into high/mid or maybe even a high into a mid. There's reason to it but not a good one.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

It's not exclusive to those types of moves, Kazumi's hunting hawk is a mid mid mid and it will screw launch you if you don't hold back.

neosloth
Sep 5, 2013

Professional Procrastinator
Guard breaking is just a trait some moves have for weird legacy reasons. I havent been able to discern a pattern on which moves have it

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I usually try to play in a way that will make me better (not using abusable cheese that will evaporate at higher levels. Not re using a move my opponent doesnt know if being repetitive would be dumb vs someone who knows etc.) but every once in awhile you run into such a piece of poo poo it feels good to just scrub them out. Ran into a red rank ki charging (mid match) law on 3 bars while trying to properly learn Fakhuram. I ended up abusing Fakhs sweep and dumb command throw and just trashed him lol. Felt good. Fakhs ~ inputs are still a bit weird to me. Eddy has a lot of them but theyre all at the start of a move or string and I have no problem doing them, for some reason the timing is weird when theyre mid string.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

It's always 3 bar Laws, it's a meme that is 100% true.

Speaking of Fak's throw, apparently it is getting fixed
https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/1246790011455860736

Even with all the drama going on with the game, I've been playing a lot more while working from home. I'm feeling a lot better about my playing and it's a big load off to just realize I only want to play Marduk and I don't have to sit there and think about learning someone new or if the character I just learned is actually working out.

Also apparently the game is like 10 bucks on PSN right now if you have any bored friends under quarantine that want to sit around learning bullshit for a couple weeks.

Nazzadan fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Apr 5, 2020

Bullbar
Apr 18, 2007

The Aristocrats!
I'm probably going to learn Lucky Chloe just to upset a friend

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
A noble goal imo

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

:hmmyes: a noble goal indeed.
My friend that plays lots of Chloe doesn't play much anymore, now I've just got my AK/Bryan and Lee/Ling friends to grind lobbies with all quarantine long.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

the only round I've ever taken off of someone actually good at the game (Brosnan) has been with Lucky Chloe, I love playing her. Good cosmetic options too.

I basically put all my attention on Chloe and Lei, I tried to play some other characters like Law or Shaheen but I keep bouncing off of them. Just biding my time until they bring back Dr B........

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Kind of unreal how badly they botched leroy looking back. Aside from pissing everyone off his moveset is so drat dull, can't believe they handled a wingchun character so bad. You know the character is boring when he's still a top 10 character and I have literally seen a grand total of one since the patch. I used Wang a bit in TT2 and he seems way more fun and interesting. They should break tradition and do a rehaul on his kit for t8.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

I know their martial arts styles only related in the most superficial of ways, but I find Leo to be way more interesting as a character, better animated when using moves, and more fun to fight than Leroy. Any friends I have that were interested in playing him but wanted to wait for the heat to die down immediately after his release tried him for a week and just went back to their other characters.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Nazzadan posted:

I know their martial arts styles only related in the most superficial of ways, but I find Leo to be way more interesting as a character, better animated when using moves, and more fun to fight than Leroy. Any friends I have that were interested in playing him but wanted to wait for the heat to die down immediately after his release tried him for a week and just went back to their other characters.

If you check out ba ji quan on youtube, Leo's version is actually incredibly well animated and most of their moves are very, very close to the forms. Ba ji doesn't really feature much by way of high kicks, but you gotta fill in those movesets.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

leroy, visually, as a character himself, is an incredible design and I very glad he exists

everything else about leroy is wack as hell

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
I think it's cool that leroy uses the cane he carries around, unlike saheen who just has a sword because it's an Arabic sword

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Nazzadan posted:

Unfortunately Leroy is also better at basically everything than Leo, even after tye nerfs

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Mechanically his parry and cane are dope as gently caress and visually he's the coolest but everything else is meh.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Spuckuk posted:

Unfortunately Leroy is also better at basically everything than Leo, even after tye nerfs

Probably why I like fighting her more than him. Also I don't know about you folks but when I run into the rare (for some reason?) Leroy online, they never use the cane. I think they just forgot they have it or something.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Leo is v good at many things, but also I'm rear end and haven't played since Leroy hit. They're a great loving character. I'm literally a blue/green rank super scrub but I found them fun and had trouble adjusting to new characters after them cause they were so versatile. Good mixups at medium range, awesome wall carry and wallsplat game, tons of easy oki options.

CRISPYBABY fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Apr 16, 2020

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

I keep entertaining the thought of learning Leo, but end up putting them away as soon as I fire up practice mode.
In my quarantine boredom I've been learning Anna and she's the first character since Marduk to click naturally and I don't have to actively think about anything and I commited her kit to muscle memory real fast compared to Josie, Julia, any anyone else I've tried to pick up. Full crouch launching is uhhhhhhhh extremely fun.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

I played so much over quarantine I couldn't back dash and wave dash anymore. The way fatigue builds up in fg is so strange feeling. I just forget how to do stuff properly until I take a week off and then I perform better than ever. It's like clockwork.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Fakhumram is fun to play occasionally but I've been using Lee a lot recently and might make him my 2nd behind eddy. The execution is high for a lot of stuff but thats what makes it satisfying. Hitting one 40+ dmg 10f acid rain punish is worth only landing two hits on three missed attempts.

e- also selecting the violet customs for lee and it giving you violet's name, screen, avatar, and custom rage art in game is cool. It would be a neat touch if they could do that for other clones that had a similar body type like forrest law.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Apr 17, 2020

neosloth
Sep 5, 2013

Professional Procrastinator
Leo is a lot of fun but her combo damage is quite possibly the worst, and she's in the game that's all about killing your opponent in one and a half combo

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Patch early next week
https://twitter.com/mykeryu/status/1251071606178279424

Based on the wording and previous tweets from Harada, it's probably primarily to extend the break window on Fak's command grab. Pipe dream is fixing why the game is crashing for people now more than ever and desyncing out of control.

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Baroness Kanan-Zelaya of the minor House of Carbon
A patch for crashes would be real nice. I'm getting crashes when multitasking on two monitors and it's rough because the locked up application displays over the task manager. CTRL+ALT+DELETE doesn't even work as a result and it requires a hard reboot.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

What platform is that happening on? It rarely happens for me and I'm on Xbox. Also weren't like 5 mystery items for tekken in the steam store? Hopefully we learn what they are.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

PC users are seeing crashes way more in season 3, and from what I can gather even more in 3.30. I've locked mine up a few times when multitasking on another monitor so I chalk that up to my fault, but most of my issues have been in the middle of a set or the loading screen for the next one.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
fixed unintended issue where the mishima matchup was turned into a mid/low guessing game

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

- Fixed an issue where certain characters were able to sidewalk mishimas in certain situations.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

I faced to bloodshed and ordered an Etokki Omni in Canadian dollars. On one hand I'm stoked, on the other hand I'm annoyed it's actually the most economical option for what I want cuz that is a shitload of Canadian dollars. Oh well. At least sticks last for a decade. Exchange rates on paypal for CAD > USD are under 70 cents per dollar lol.

E: I will say it's exciting upgrading from a complete and utter struggle stick to something very nice. I wouldn't even bring my old stick to locals if they were still around, it's that hideous.

Faffel fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Apr 18, 2020

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

That stick looks clean as gently caress. I love my RAP Hayabusa but I am not the biggest fan of the stock art, I need to get around to replacing it at some point.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

I practiced throw breaks against Jin for 10-30 mins a day for a week and what do you know, I can break throws again.

It's a real headscratcher.

Skjorte
Jul 5, 2010

Faffel posted:

I practiced throw breaks against Jin for 10-30 mins a day for a week and what do you know, I can break throws again.

It's a real headscratcher.

I break 99.9% of 1 breaks, and get murdered by 99.9% of 2 and 1+2 breaks unless I play against someone who uses them very often and very predictably. I also think I've been hit with approximately 10,000 shining wizards, of which I've seen maybe 1 or 2 coming. :(

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

darealkooky posted:

fixed unintended issue where the mishima matchup was turned into a mid/low guessing game
Unironically, yeah.

New patch:
https://media-center.bandainamcoent.eu/games/tekken/tekken-7/TK7_changelist_v331_EN.pdf

cliff notes:
-reverted the Kazuya/devil jin hellsweep tracking change
-fixes Fakh's throw break window
-more leroy nerfs
-katarina buffs
-some other things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Lmao