Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«91 »
CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

*~ayoo comin thru~*

Fridurmus posted:

As Leo, what's your basic gameplan? I really like them, but I'm pretty bad in general and unsure how to use their tools properly.

Big carries into mixups at the wall. Use b+1 4 and BOK stuff for mid screen mixups. Shes got lots of great neutral moves too. Once you get them at the wall you can try to gently caress them up with any number of mixups, but some of the go tos are u+ 3+4, d/f+ 2+3, and fc d/f+3. You can u/f+1,1 or d/b+3 for wallsplat, among many other things. You can get fancy and go for BOK mixups too. There's some good YouTube videos on it in the zaibatsu discord.

CRISPYBABY fucked around with this message at Jan 19, 2018 around 20:59

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

Two hours with Lee tonight. Two promotion to Mentor matches lost and a short time in 3rd Dan. Ouch. Been using a few more moves with him and getting his 1,3,3,3 punish down so definitely improving as a player. I think I've figured out why I'm having a harder time, though, it's because of my ethernet cable. People who beat me now rematch and rematch, the two players I dominated quit after one match, one way to get an education, I guess.

Lee's lower win % means I'll be playing Hwoarang next time, his stances have scared me off since T3 but I think I can do something with him.

Walton Simons fucked around with this message at Jan 19, 2018 around 23:32

Kobold Sex Tape
Feb 17, 2011

Walton Simons posted:

Two hours with Lee tonight. Two promotion to Mentor matches lost and a short time in 3rd Dan. Ouch. Been using a few more moves with him and getting his 1,3,3,3 punish down so definitely improving as a player. I think I've figured out why I'm having a harder time, though, it's because of my ethernet cable. People who beat me now rematch and rematch, the two players I dominated quit after one match, one way to get an education, I guess.

Lee's lower win % means I'll be playing Hwoarang next time, his stances have scared me off since T3 but I think I can do something with him.

instead of practicing the double just frame that even purple rank lees never use, practice anything else at all! except mist trap, which is used even less i guess.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

IN
THE
FIIIIIIIIRE!!!!!!!! : : : : )

When you're learning, practical will serve you way better than optimal.

Kobold Sex Tape
Feb 17, 2011

here's two lee things in case you're not j-chillin' in the zaibatsu discord or w/e:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/...DZc8kt7dXo/edit lots of words

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDDH_KZPohg this one's a video, wow!!

inthesto
May 12, 2010

There is a point where we needed to stop, and we have clearly passed it.

BUT LET'S KEEP GOING AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS!

Walton Simons posted:

Sounds like I need to head to practice mode for a while. I've only ever used him in arcade mode before T7.

Learning Steve is a full-time loving job. His weaknesses are really glaring, and his strengths are subtle by comparison.

Fridurmus posted:

As Leo, what's your basic gameplan? I really like them, but I'm pretty bad in general and unsure how to use their tools properly.

The great part about Leo is that she's above average or better at everything. The hard part about Leo is that she's above average or better at everything. That is to say, she can do just about drat well what she pleases, and that might be a little daunting when you're new. If you want some basics to start with, I'd say you want to learn how to space and whiff punish with df+2 (it reaches absurdly far and the "trade off" is that it won't launch crouchers) and how to bully people with b+1,4 (your follow ups are 2 for the safe high that will also launch on CH, 3 for the mid launcher, and 4 for the low; ignore 1 as it's one of the very few completely useless moves Leo has).

Weremacht
Nov 4, 2002

THE ONLY THING THAT TURNS ME ON MORE THAN A MONKEY IN A FURRY SUIT IS SPOILING PLOTS

Walton Simons posted:

as a new years resolution i decided to switch mains from chloe to lee because lee fuckin rules

he's not good! save yourself

don't use 1,3,3,3 for anything ever, it's technically good but it's so stupidly hard to actually pull off it's just not worth it. use 1,2,4 or 2,1,4 for i10 punishes. i'm pretty sure that both of these are negative on hit (1,2,4 definitely is) so your turn is over afterwards, you can only safely block or sidestep.

lee has high execution for no reason other than he's a legacy character and he's apparently always been like that. there are ways around it though, the last patch buffed 4,u+3's hitbox so that it works from every launcher so his damage isn't quite so poo poo terrible without four or five b+2~f mist step cancels if you can't do those yet. the way around 1,3,3,3's ridiculously strict timing is to just not use it, same with 3,3~4 (mist trap).

in lower ranks (and also in...not lower ranks too) you get a lot of mileage out of just counterhitting people with 2,2,3. it's i10, does like 47 damage, wallsplats, knocks down and it's safe on block if they don't duck the 3. it's good. the other thing you can do in low ranks is mist step 3+4 for the bad slide a lot to condition people to duck when they see mist step, then just launch them once they do with MS3,4 into a combo for...well, wildly varying damage depending on how good your execution is.

Kobold Sex Tape
Feb 17, 2011

2,1,4 is not a combo and i don't know if learning an extremely bad gimmick is the best way to start learning a character

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weremacht
Nov 4, 2002

THE ONLY THING THAT TURNS ME ON MORE THAN A MONKEY IN A FURRY SUIT IS SPOILING PLOTS

Kobold Sex Tape posted:

2,1,4 is not a combo and i don't know if learning an extremely bad gimmick is the best way to start learning a character

lmao is it really not? it's never not worked the couple times i've done it so i had no idea

what a good character

«91 »