Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
After 190 hours, I finally hit warrior. God bless...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Does anyone know where I can read about various get up options and "long run" moves in detail?
Particularly the latter, because I can't find poo poo online about various "long run" moves and how exactly they work and their frame data, etc.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Jack Trades posted:

Does anyone know where I can read about various get up options and "long run" moves in detail?
Particularly the latter, because I can't find poo poo online about various "long run" moves and how exactly they work and their frame data, etc.

pres forward 3 times a significant distance from your opponent, then press a button during the sprint animation. thats how they work.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

MrJacobs posted:

pres forward 3 times a significant distance from your opponent, then press a button during the sprint animation. thats how they work.

What's the input on the running armored tackle?
What's the frame data on block on the armored tackle?
How do you do the running slide?
How does teching and reversing the running tackle grab works?

Ixiggle
Apr 28, 2009

Jack Trades posted:

Your available options from run are based on how many steps you've taken. Tackle and shoulder are automatic after # of steps, d3 will do the slide.

For getup options, you can tech on hitting the floor with 1 or 3. learn the rest of them by putting yourself on the floor in training mode and experimenting with buttons. I think mid getup kick is -11 and low getup kick is -13?

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Jack Trades posted:

What's the input on the running armored tackle?
What's the frame data on block on the armored tackle?
How do you do the running slide?
How does teching and reversing the running tackle grab works?

Taking more than 4 steps after starting a run automatically converts the tackle into the shoulder charge
Don't block. Sidestep it.
Running 3 or 4 I can't remember
1+2 when they first touch you to deflect, 1+2 when you hit the ground to reversal. If you also guess and block correctly (1 or 2) when they start punching or on the fourth punch you will end early, this does not apply to certain attack series or if you're BT. To escape the Arm Bar it's 1+2 mash 1, for the leg lock it's 1+2 mash 2.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

mango sentinel posted:

Taking more than 4 steps after starting a run automatically converts the tackle into the shoulder charge
Don't block. Sidestep it.
Running 3 or 4 I can't remember
1+2 when they first touch you to deflect, 1+2 when you hit the ground to reversal. If you also guess and block correctly (1 or 2) when they start punching or on the fourth punch you will end early, this does not apply to certain attack series or if you're BT. To escape the Arm Bar it's 1+2 mash 1, for the leg lock it's 1+2 mash 2.

Thanks.
Is armored tackle + or - on block though? I want to know for when they block mine.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
It's + IIRC but you can lab it out in training mode if you want to be sure

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

Hit my first hundred wins online with Josie today. Course I'm only sitting at Mentor right now so it doesn't mean much, but it's better than I've ever done in a fighting game beforehand so I'm pretty happy about it.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Jack Trades posted:

Thanks.
Is armored tackle + or - on block though? I want to know for when they block mine.

armored tackle and the running crosschop (running + 1+2 after running 4 steps like for the slide] are both like +5 ish. the running 4 slide is minus but idr how much.

there's a video with all the getup kick frame data in the description or you can watch all 8 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkLNgpVsGwY

Kobold Sex Tape
Feb 17, 2011

i made the recording dummy run fullscreen and do the armor tackle into various moves and the only thing slow enough to get interrupted by jab was a slowly input blazing kick so i think it's actually super duper plus on block. lee's 1+2 is like 21 frame startup and jab was getting counterhit by it.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Kobold Sex Tape posted:

i made the recording dummy run fullscreen and do the armor tackle into various moves and the only thing slow enough to get interrupted by jab was a slowly input blazing kick so i think it's actually super duper plus on block. lee's 1+2 is like 21 frame startup and jab was getting counterhit by it.

wowzers

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

armored tackle and the running crosschop (running + 1+2 after running 4 steps like for the slide] are both like +5 ish. the running 4 slide is minus but idr how much.

there's a video with all the getup kick frame data in the description or you can watch all 8 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkLNgpVsGwY

Kobold Sex Tape posted:

Good poo poo. Thanks bunches.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Exactly what kinds of moves can you low-parry?
I thought that you could only parry lows but recently I noticed that I could low parry Akuma's special mid hitting FC 1 and FC 2.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

all lows and special mids can both be low parried with a few exceptions

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

sharrrk posted:

all lows and special mids can both be low parried with a few exceptions

It's not possible to low parry standing special mids, is it? Like Akuma/Geese standing 2.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Jack Trades posted:

It's not possible to low parry standing special mids, is it? Like Akuma/Geese standing 2.

yes there are weird edge cases like that. akuma's and eliza's dps and akuma's tatsumaki are also special mids and also can't be low parried. i think noctis's fc2 which is a Real Low might be unparryable too but idr. he swipes with his sword

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

fireballs also can't be low parried for obvious reasons, even when they do them right in your face. and yeah i dont believe any of noctis's weapons can be parried at all except maybe by geese? i could be wrong on that one though

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Is there any trick to being able to do WR moves from 1 backdash range or do I just have to be faster?
I can do Claudio's WR2 from about 2 backdashes away consistently without any problems but no matter how much I practice I just can't make it come out from any closer ranges.

Ixiggle
Apr 28, 2009

Jack Trades posted:

Is there any trick to being able to do WR moves from 1 backdash range or do I just have to be faster?
I can do Claudio's WR2 from about 2 backdashes away consistently without any problems but no matter how much I practice I just can't make it come out from any closer ranges.

Many people find it easier to imagine the input as f, ff instead of a triplet f,f,f. You can do it from any range but you only enter WR state for a frame(or two?) when you are point blank so the button must be input precisely.

tgijsola
Apr 27, 2008

orange
Pillbug
From point blank (and probably from range 1 if you're not super fast) it's a just-frame. You need to hit the '2' on the frame after the last 'f'. Get TekkenBot and put it in the mode where it shows you each frame's input then get it to look like this

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

tgijsola posted:

From point blank (and probably from range 1 if you're not super fast) it's a just-frame. You need to hit the '2' on the frame after the last 'f'. Get TekkenBot and put it in the mode where it shows you each frame's input then get it to look like this

Thanks for the explanation.
I'll give it a shot but my execution skills has always been lacking so I'll probably just stick to using WR2 from ranges 2 and farther.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Something just clicked in my head not so long ago and I finally managed to use kbd effectively in a middle of a match.
I managed to do two quick backdashes to just barely move away from a twin pistons and the do a full launch whiff punish to end the round and it felt SO loving good to do.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
That should be a habbit, tbh.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

God drat I love Harada

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

The Season pass just got more worthless, but that's a good load to get for free.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Am I the only person in the world who has had problems withthe PC version of this game? Every time i return to it the functionality is more and more reduced, and it's all because of my stick. At launch, for like 9 months, it was flawless, but once DBFZ came out my stick no longer worked with this game in PS4 mode, so I swapped to PS3 mode and it was fine. Now, if I have a device plugged into a USB port at all, the game wildly fluctuates between 60 and 39 fps at a constant interval of about 2 seconds. I loving hate BAMCO.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Update: I hate windows because I did some troubleshooting this morning and it was some USB driver update that hosed it up. If anybody else has this issue in the future I can suggest trying this: "If you're still in need of a fix, this worked for me. For Windows 10, Go to Device Manager and disable "Microsoft Device Association Root Enumerator". It's under Software devices." cheers all now i can spam snake edge online in peace

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Bamco's windows support is loving abysmal. As is Windows.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
ok this isn't funny anymore how are you supposed to hit steve

I was getting styled on and couldn't tell how much of the dodges were good movement, his sneaky character specialities, or combinations of both.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Ducking and peek-a-boo go under plenty of stuff, but they're no AOP. Checking Steve with mids shouldn't be any harder than usual.

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Rx Suicide emailed me and all I got was this amazingly awesome forum account.

Tortured By Flan

In Training posted:

Update: I hate windows because I did some troubleshooting this morning and it was some USB driver update that hosed it up. If anybody else has this issue in the future I can suggest trying this: "If you're still in need of a fix, this worked for me. For Windows 10, Go to Device Manager and disable "Microsoft Device Association Root Enumerator". It's under Software devices." cheers all now i can spam snake edge online in peace

This was a problem for me some time ago, where my Dualshock 4 would register up/back inputs and the game would freeze/stutter for a few seconds randomly. The entire internet had not idea wtf, up until I found mention of that root enumerator thing in a FFXIV thread, of all places, that had not-so-similar controller disconnect issues. I tripped so hard when that solution worked that I ended up posting about it in some steam thread.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
Pretty good Harada interview from a week or so back: http://tekkengamer.com/2018/05/23/harada-san-says-its-safe-to-expect-more-for-tekken-7/

Couple interesting excerpts:

quote:

Now that we’ve reached the end of all things promised in the Season Pass, is there a possibility of more DLC with new stages and characters? Is there a Season Pass 2 around the corner?

Tekken 7 sales have met expectations of both management and shareholders, so I believe we have enough good will to ask for further investment from them. So, yes, I think it is safe to expect more to come!

quote:

When Noctis first came out there were varying thoughts and feelings about him. I know a popular pro player who stated that Noctis was the “best character in the game,” while at the same time another pro player emphatically said Noctis was “trash.” What’s your take on those widely different opinions, and where would you personally place Noctis on a tier list?

First off, you can’t really discuss a character’s strength or weakness in such absolute terms. I have a degree in Psychology and have done research for many years, so I have some experience in this matter, and have applied this to observing this particular topic as well. When looking at win/loss rates for characters, for players, and also for a variety of skill levels, it is actually quite interesting what you find out. I’ll give you an example that shows how difficult it truly is to talk about fighting games’ balance.

For example, discussion on balance is quite different depending on which player group you are talking to. Tekken fans vary greatly in age, and also skill level. Kids that are of a more novice skill level will all say that Kuma/Panda, and also Jack, are extremely strong just because of their reach. Looking at data for their matches shows they actually have a hard time against these characters. However, when you look at the age group of high-school to university players of the same novice skill level, they will say that Eddy and the Capos are quite strong, and that Kuma/Panda/Jack are not so much. On the other hand, although they don’t take part in tournaments, a group that has played Tekken for many years and is roughly intermediate skill level (this is actually a pretty large group) would say that Steve is very strong. However, when looking at their play data you see that they lose often to King and Paul, and not so much to Steve. Even so, they still say Steve is really strong. When looking into this discrepancy you notice this is also a group that watches tournament streams, and also high-level play of Steve players, and this affects their impressions.

When looking at the data, you’ll notice that when about the top 1% of all Tekken players that use Steve in a tournament, he can be really effective, but for that mass of intermediate players who can’t yet use him to his full potential, he is not really a character that is easy to win with, in fact, the data shows they lose quite often with him. As such, the discussion of character balance that takes place among top level players, and the results of top-level tournament play, in reality isn’t very applicable to the masses that play the game. When this is the case it is difficult to decide the truth of a balance discussion when you don’t know who is saying such, and also whether data backs up their claims. This has been the problem with this discussion for quite some time.

The evaluation of a character’s balance that are different than actual data in some instances isn’t necessarily the same as your reality. Also, a novice player’s evaluation might be quite different than what actual data suggests. Often the case is that the large group of intermediate players’ impression of balance is heavily influenced by top players, but it actually conflicts with many data points. So, which tier list do you take as fact? Now I hope you understand how difficult it is to speak in absolute terms of character balance.

quote:

Last question. Where do things stand with Tekken X Street Fighter?

It’s still on hold part-way through development. Even now, one can get quite excited when seeing some of the schedules and some of the character models that were already created.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Let's not bury the lede here

quote:

Are there any characters strongly considered? I think Taylor Swift would be good!

Also every interview with Harada makes him seem really smart. His answer about tiers is way beyond Capcom saying "We nerfed Gen's hands because they were too strong if you had a turbo button"

inthesto fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Jun 2, 2018

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

inthesto posted:

Let's not bury the lede here

Galaxy Brain: Give Carly Rae Jepsen a sword and put her in Tekken.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Harada buy the rights to def jam and do that poo poo like tekken.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Kill Street Fighter.
Move all Street Fighter characters into Tekken.
Everybody wins.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Tekken 7 is the time for Pepsiman's return to fighting games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Tekken 7 is the time for Wang to return. And Ganryu. I miss my Wangryu team from TTT2.