Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ho Chi Minh Holiday Inn
Jul 11, 2006

You may not know it yet, but I'm your worst nightmare.

i clicked on all of these. you missed this track

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqTYcW_7hNU

and this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4QS2uRwaVY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I didn't buy the season pass but I'll get it if they put Snoop Dogg's stage on it.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The first rounds of the Tekken 7 tournament at CEO are happening now. Watching pro play of the game was how I got interested in it, and watching commentated pro play after learning the game a bit is even more helpful

https://www.twitch.tv/tekken

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The first rounds of the Tekken 7 tournament at CEO are happening now. Watching pro play of the game was how I got interested in it, and watching commentated pro play after learning the game a bit is even more helpful

These pools are very sick right now.

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers
Ok ever since the patch it will randomly stop registering my keyboard. I can tab out but that is it. It always did this if I tabbed out for too long, but now its happening all the time.

Nov 3, 2015

great now I can't even play. Just getting

TEKKEN 7 is attempting to launch with the optional parameters " "

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

1500 posted:

great now I can't even play. Just getting

TEKKEN 7 is attempting to launch with the optional parameters " "

I was getting this as well, restarting Steam fixed it.

Nov 3, 2015

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

I was getting this as well, restarting Steam fixed it.

I had to restart a number of times before it stopped doing it. Seems it can be random on if the restart fixes it.

I think I find a walk around to the game not reading the keyboard. Keyboard started working again when I turned on my 360 controller, and as long as the 360 controller stays on the keyboard keeps working.

1500 fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Jun 17, 2017

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Hwoarang is steadily becoming my least favorite character to play against. It looks like everything he has is way faster than anything I can throw out and everybody online seems to have a combo that takes of 40% of my health bar starting from a normal front kick.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

A surprising amount of people playing on controller in CEO so far. You never see this many controllers in SF or Marvel for example.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Time for the Tekken Royal Rumble:

https://www.twitch.tv/ceogaming

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

IMPROMPTU DANCE OFF

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
Goddamn Akuma is a whack character to play against in this game.

What's the strat to dealing with the demon flip in T7? I already know you're supposed to sidestep-dash the fireballs and jump the demon. There are so many high Green Akuma's who just do low forward tatsu and demon flip over and over.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

Goddamn Akuma is a whack character to play against in this game.

What's the strat to dealing with the demon flip in T7? I already know you're supposed to sidestep-dash the fireballs and jump the demon. There are so many high Green Akuma's who just do low forward tatsu and demon flip over and over.

Hit him out of it, and you should be able to juggle afterwards

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Harada was part of the Royal Rumble at CEO. He got bodied by ShinBlade aka the "who bitch dis is" guy

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

CharlestonJew posted:

Harada was part of the Royal Rumble at CEO. He got bodied by ShinBlade aka the "who bitch dis is" guy

sometimes i think of this clip when someone i don't know accosts me and it makes me smile. this is only one example of how the fgc has made a positive impact on my life

Maximum Planck
Feb 16, 2012

Did they roll back the connectivity patch on PC? I went into warmup for about 15 minutes and only got error messages. It also looks like "match list" is back in the ranked menu.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Pools part 2 just started at CEO

SLUM KING
Nov 16, 2011

Maximum Planck posted:

Did they roll back the connectivity patch on PC? I went into warmup for about 15 minutes and only got error messages. It also looks like "match list" is back in the ranked menu.

Yeah. Patch was broken. Matchmaking took forever and every match I played ended with a premature disconnect.

Maximum Planck
Feb 16, 2012

That's a shame, it was a noticeable improvement in getting into a match for me (fewer prompts but almost all of them connected). Hope they don't take too long fixing it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Maximum Planck posted:

That's a shame, it was a noticeable improvement in getting into a match for me (fewer prompts but almost all of them connected). Hope they don't take too long fixing it.

Same

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I know people complain about Rage Arts but seeing pros armor through and clutch out wins is always hype

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I was just thinking that releasing extra rage art animations as DLC would be a nice cosmetic. Keep all the move properties, just change up the animation. They already kinda did it with King getting the rainmaker alternate rage art if you dress him up in the Okada gear, but it would be cool for other characters to have a choice too.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

attackmole posted:

I was just thinking that releasing extra rage art animations as DLC would be a nice cosmetic. Keep all the move properties, just change up the animation. They already kinda did it with King getting the rainmaker alternate rage art if you dress him up in the Okada gear, but it would be cool for other characters to have a choice too.

Give everyone a new gear set that unlocks an alternate rage art, that would be so badass

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I know people complain about Rage Arts but seeing pros armor through and clutch out wins is always hype

Really my only annoyance with Rage Arts is the one button keybind, but even that is getting less annoying. In fact, the fact that it's there leads to a lot of people online being entirely predictable and clicking it as soon as it's available. If the keybind wasn't there, you'd have to think "Does this person know their Rage Art?" and play a guessing game.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Medullah posted:

Really my only annoyance with Rage Arts is the one button keybind, but even that is getting less annoying. In fact, the fact that it's there leads to a lot of people online being entirely predictable and clicking it as soon as it's available. If the keybind wasn't there, you'd have to think "Does this person know their Rage Art?" and play a guessing game.

It is really that different from hitting 1 button to hitting a direction and 2 buttons at the same time? (and I am playing on pad so its just whatever direction plus whatever shoulder button I have 1+2 or 3+4 bound to)

I should hope they know their rage art since it tells you at the start of the match and all.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Evil Canadian posted:

It is really that different from hitting 1 button to hitting a direction and 2 buttons at the same time? (and I am playing on pad so its just whatever direction plus whatever shoulder button I have 1+2 or 3+4 bound to)

I should hope they know their rage art since it tells you at the start of the match and all.

Yeah but it's the difference between Scrub Tier and Scrub Tier +1. It's not THAT big a difference.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Nearly everyone up to around 5th Dan or so just uses it immediately. It's a bit annoying to play a green rank in player match and have them do it over and over. I played a Steve who would do it literally every single round when they were near death, every single time I just ducked it and punished. After the 6th match, he did it again and it finally hit, but he still lost the match. It's almost insulting for someone to keep doing it at that point.

he1ixx
Aug 23, 2007

still bad at video games
Well I've gotten myself promoted to 1st Dan with Asuka and I think I've won 2 games in 30 since then them. So much for the gentle learning curve of the kyus... this poo poo is brutal. Plus I'm terrible so that's not helping.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

Nearly everyone up to around 5th Dan or so just uses it immediately. It's a bit annoying to play a green rank in player match and have them do it over and over. I played a Steve who would do it literally every single round when they were near death, every single time I just ducked it and punished. After the 6th match, he did it again and it finally hit, but he still lost the match. It's almost insulting for someone to keep doing it at that point.

sf4 ultras

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I'm blocking them, but only because I don't know which ones hit mid.

And occasionally I forget (loving CHLOE) some of them hit Low, for some Godawful reason that literally ONLY punishes new players. It's a big 'LOLZ YOU DON'T KNOW YET' that can only serve to put casuals off.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Shockeh posted:

And occasionally I forget (loving CHLOE) some of them hit Low, for some Godawful reason that literally ONLY punishes new players. It's a big 'LOLZ YOU DON'T KNOW YET' that can only serve to put casuals off.

Almost all of em are mid. Here's the list.

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=131582

Stage question: What causes balcony and floor breaks? Does anything that wallsplats on a balcony smash it? Is there an exact mechanic? What about floor breaks? That one I'm even less sure about because I don't quite understand what triggers it at all, other than "a big move that kinda slams your opponent into the ground" or something.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Chloe's is not mid and maybe one or two others. It's kind of dumb but you shouldn't get hit by it more than two or three times before you remember it's a low.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Shockeh posted:

if someone gets hit by something one time and they are completely put off by the game, tekken is the wrong series for them, whether its a super or not. also fighting games are very much the wrong genre for them, and so is practically any other competitive game or even single player game

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

attackmole posted:

Stage question: What causes balcony and floor breaks? Does anything that wallsplats on a balcony smash it? Is there an exact mechanic? What about floor breaks? That one I'm even less sure about because I don't quite understand what triggers it at all, other than "a big move that kinda slams your opponent into the ground" or something.

I'm not sure about balconies, but yeah you're pretty much on the spot with regards to floor breaks. Basically floor breaking is a separate attribute of a move and you'll have to either find a list or just test out stuff to figure out what does and doesn't break floors.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Shockeh posted:

funny coincidence I just made a vid that i think you will find useful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pSBDMjeNRM

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

So are like half the Top 8 Jack? Plus Dragunov

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Jmcrofts posted:

i stood up into alissa's ra once and screamed but it was a valuable learning experience

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Jmcrofts posted:

Hwoarang is insanely badass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Shockeh posted:

If their low doesn't lead to a combo, then focus on blocking high. A common mistake is to block low too much and open yourself up to dastardly mids.