Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I buy every fighting game on the PS4 and uninstall them when I realize I suck rear end, find multiplayer frustrating, and the single player isn't fun and has no decent progression/unlocks/hooks to tickle my lizard brain. Is this a good buy for that? I know Injustice 2 is going to hit the target but I've only played Tekken for short periods of time and new things are always fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Zand posted:

no, you don't like fighting games at all

I do! I'm just a weirdo who dumps hundreds of hours into Smash, MKX, SFV (lol) single player matches.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I’m annoyed that Aris videos have been so useful to me because he’s incredibly unlikeable in every capacity.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Dracula Factory posted:

I'm trying to pick an alternate character to Feng and I've narrowed it down to Asuka and Josie. Anyone here play either of them often enough to comment on the things they like/dislike about them? Right now I'm kind of leaning Josie because her moves look a lil cooler but Asuka seems more mechanically well rounded and apparently got heck of buffs so I may have more fun playing her. Any thoughts?

I am new to Tekken and suck at fgs but Asuka organically turned into my main. She feels really awesome to use all around and learning to punish with her has proven to be relatively easy. Judging from the internet pre patch she’s a good character to learn if some of the mechanics of tekken throw you for a loop. I’ve found that at my super low level she has very strong options for playing some beginner mind games and getting comfortable with the base level of the movement and all that.

She’s also leggy and has cool shorts and kicking the poo poo out of people while wearing cool shorts is neato.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Somehow Tekken seems to have some of the nicest most helpful players in the fgc as well as some of the most toxic insanely pissy ones. I wonder why.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I only play fighting games online/vs the cpu but luckily I’ve only had nice messages. Both that I remember were from T7.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Maaaan all this hype makes me want to get back into T7 and try to get Okay at it. I tried before but ended up a little overwhelmed. Couldn’t see what was in front of me because my eyes were focused on the 726273737 things to learn in the horizon. At least the net code always seemed good to me but I’m not good enough to really tell. I did manage to pick it up and get comfortable way faster than “easier” fgs like DBFZ. I never really got the hang of that at all. Maybe it’s the slower place of Tekken? All this cool poo poo though. This game’s hype and vitality are on a completely other level than every other fg. It’s really refreshing to see a company go all in like they have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

In Training posted:

its the only game ill play ranked in bc you sometimes roll into someone with a wonderful connection who doesnt mind playing forever. which is nice. my rank sucks but i dont really care, i just like playing tekken.

I like this