Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

tap my mountain posted:

I like Dragunov's cause it gives my opponent a nice closeup of my horrible outfit

Solid snake dragunov best dragunov

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Jmcrofts posted:

Reminder: tonight from 7-10 EST I'm running online tournament mode on stream :siren:and this time it's on PC version!:siren: Stream is on my YT channel, show up in chat if you wanna play!

http://youtube.com/jmcrofts

noob friendly? this is my first tekken game and I'm still learning.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Mondian posted:

Man, sometimes I'm a bit bummed there's no communication with other players

Mondian posted:

they've always turned out to be a toxic shitlord.

Yeah.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

swims posted:

Lol like I said wrong thread. Trip reporting: Input lag is non existent from what I can tell- considering it's emulated. All player info is deleted for anyone wondering however. You start fresh.

Tekken trivia- "akuma" is censored in the text chat for some reason. It may have already been covered but just incase.

Haven't used Fuerte in years. The guy owns so hard.

I was in a tournament and someone said ggs to another player and his whole name was censored. I can't remember what the word was, but it was an incredibly common word and everyone was confused

Like when dark souls censored names with "nig" in a game full of knights and poo poo. Lol.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

swims posted:

New Xbox update I'm pretty sure changed something. Moves come out different (slower). I've seen that PS4 input is slower and I think that somehow they may have made them all the same now.

If anyone else on Xbox knows what I mean chime in please. It's like move lag. Also it's lame.

might have something to do with the ram

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Buschmaki posted:

Does you mean this, my dude?

https://www.mgtow.com/

:eyepop:

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

brainSnakes posted:

I'm in a strange spot where i've got a lot of old fighting game experience but absolutely no Tekken experience before this game came out.

So I feel like this weird loving edge case of a Kazuya that can ewgf and do the Korean backdash pretty decently, but cannot fathom how to juggle a launched opponent and constantly forgets that while rising attacks even exist.

I was in the same boat (this being my first tekken game too) and I realized combos are just;

starter > string >extender > string > finisher

or some variation. Just break them down to individual parts. The only thing I had to work on after that is timing.

Also using UF to launch broke my brain.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Himuro posted:

I'm on ps4. :(

Add me on ps4. Duffman128

I also suck at tekken

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
poo poo about king is once you start fighting people who know how to break his throws you’re gonna start losing a lot. He’s a good noob killer tho.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lmao

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Jack Trades posted:

Dumb noob question:
What do I do against Dragunov's fff2 other than just taking it on the chin? The only possible way to deal with it that I've found it to sidewalk it but either I'm bad or the timing needs to be hella precise for that to work.

just have to block it.
fff2 is his main pressure tool and one of his best moves, which is why everyone throws it out. if they're far enough maybe u can sidestep if you time it right, but id say just block and hope they follow up with something more punishable.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
It was rickstah iirc. I dunno which tournament tho.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
you can easily find poo poo on youtube that would explain mechanics and character stuff better than a tutorial probably would.

even though gg had a really good tutorial, I still ended up looking stuff up online anyway.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Real hurthling! posted:

Im in my own head on qcf motions in this game i cant get them to come out when i need them online no matter how many i do consecutively in training (50!)
Blessed harada made flubbing a death fist be a death sentence to teach me humility as paul looks to the sky with an upturned palm and prepares to get juggled.

I don’t start with down. I just df,f and get out my deathfists consistently. You gotta make sure to see him do the little sway forward before you hit 2.

You’re probably hitting 2 too quickly and getting his while rising 2.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Yeah inputs are weird in tekken. You can get out a ewgf with f,n,df and not bother hitting down. Just like with qcf.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Fruitsnacks posted:

Only Kazuya's godfist can be done without d because of his Mist Step (f,n). With Devil Jin and Heihachi you must hit d or you won't get a godfist.

d,n,df registers a down. definintely not hitting down on the stick to get x2 ewgf.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
I’m a doorknob

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
They should have put rugal instead of geese

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

MechaX posted:

and very much preferred over ever getting G-Corp Helipad ever.

:thunk:

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Mans posted:

Claudio has the best style in the game

You spelled Miguel wrong.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
You can play ranked until you hit silver. You don’t get demoted in wood ranks.

But mostly play regular matches. Are you in the discord with us?

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Even Jin has turned into an rear end in a top hat now. Lars is probably about the best person from that messed up family.

But he’s anime

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Who did Akuma actually kill in sf cannon?

Isn’t the whole joke that he’s supposed to be all murderous intent blah blah but he hasn’t actually killed anyone.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Chacmool posted:

your mom. she dead

Rude

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Bloopsy posted:

I fired this up for the first time in over a month and the game is about to give me a seizure. Once the initial in-game loading screen hits the colors switch to a pink/green colors scheme and the screen begins to flash extremely fast. Anyone else have or heard of this problem?

Have you updated your drivers? Pink/green is usually an issue with the graphics card.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Harada buy the rights to def jam and do that poo poo like tekken.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Paul

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Pomp posted:

They nerfed deathfist poo poo game

Nooooo

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
I always thought he was wearing like a leather onesie

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
it better be johnny.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
What time eastern does the finals start?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Nazzadan posted:

The Fahkumram trailer loving sucked because Marduk got owned in it I will NOT be buying this character.

Just watched it again and they need to increase his head size by like 20% and I think that'll fix his weird profile at a glance.

The trailer was stupid cause it showed fuckerman towering above Marduk in the cutscene and immediately after in the gameplay he’s slight shorter lmao.