Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Dumb noob question:
What do I do against Dragunov's fff2 other than just taking it on the chin? The only possible way to deal with it that I've found it to sidewalk it but either I'm bad or the timing needs to be hella precise for that to work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Is there anywhere I can find information on all universal wake-up options and specifically the frame data of all the various wake-up attacks? I can't find info on that anywhere.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Perfect, thanks.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

CRISPYBABY posted:

Old man rant. I kinda wish that info was written down somewhere cause I like reading better than YouTube videos and I like having tables to reference. I'm old.

You mean like this?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I'm having a lot of problems with using movement and moves together in tandem with each other when it comes to Tekken, for some reason, and I'm not really sure why because I don't have a problem like that in Street Fighter or Guilty Gear or whatever. Something about Tekken feels really jank and weird when it comes to that part.

Is it possible that I'm missing some crucial piece of the puzzle or are you actually supposed to play everyone like they're Makoto from Street Fighter?

I'm not sure how else to explain my problem.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Is back recovery safe or not? The one that's called "Back Quick Roll" in the training mode.

Because I'm trying to find some setups to punish specific recovery options after certain combos and that one sometimes seems to get hit by meaties and sometimes the dummy just blocks it even though the timing seems to be the same.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

hitchensgoespop posted:

I bought this game yesterday after hankering after it for a while. Im familiar with the mechanics but im absolutely getting my poo poo pushed in in the online PvP.

Is the learning curve as steep as it seems?

Do you have previous fighting game experience? Then yes, it is.
And if you don't have previous fighting game experience then no, it's even steeper than it seems.

Don't let that discourage you though. There are plenty of resources and tutorials available for new players to learn the game.

EDIT: Also I recommend finding someone in your region that has about the same level of Tekken experience as you, it makes the learning process more fun when you have someone to play against regularly.

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Nov 18, 2017

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Pretty much. Playing fighting games is about constant improvement and not about winning.

Winning 1 out of 100 matches is not a problem, it's the expected.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I found an easy setup that lets Claudio punish Back Recovery with a STB f1+2 , 1+2 and it's sooooo satisfying.
Some people just back recover every time and get hit by that constantly.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I few days ago me and my friend couldn't figure out why he couldn't punish my spring kick wakeups, since those are supposed to be between -10 and -20.
It really confused us at the time.

Only recently did I found out, by complete accident from some random 30 second YT video, that Claudio doesn't actually have a weird looking spring kick, like I thought, and that crosschops are a thing.

Why hasn't anyone made a strategy guide for Tekken 7? It's the fighting game that needs it the most considering the amount of weird illogical stuff that it has, without any tutorial at all and with some pretty lacking online resources even.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Man, I'm having such a hard time getting used to the fact that every character moves like a cripple and that I need to backdash/SS to get any kind of decent movement to happen at all.
At this point I don't understand why they let you walk in the first place.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

It's time to ask the real question that on everybody's mind.

Are Leo players gay?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Who is this Geese character even? Also he's just one guy so shouldn't it be Goose?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

After learning to play the game as Claudio I was planning on switching my mains to Eliza but Geese seems to have most of the neat things she has and more so I'll probably main him instead.
Now if only the game would do me a favor and loving drop that Classic costume for him.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

G-Corp Helipad theme rivals SFV's Juri Theme in it's masterful composition.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Man, online Tekken players sure hate fireballs huh?
When I play Claudio online, almost everyone always rematches no matter if they win or lose, but when I try to play Geeser or Akuma people just run after one game almost always.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Dodoman posted:

If I've never played a Tekken game before and my only fighting game experience is the Injustice 1 and MK9 SP campaigns, will I enjoy the Tekken 7 story mode (I'll never play it online)? All I know about Tekken has been gained via osmosis (Dads and sons throwing each other into volcanoes, pandas and tigers. Also there's a demon guy?) so I have no real nostalgia as a base.

There's about 5 hours of story mode content where you get to watch silly action scenes and mash buttons as/against different characters, which is pretty entertaining.

The meat of the game lies in multiplayer though, and I don't think I could recommend Tekken 7 based on it's singleplayer content alone.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Romes128 posted:

You spelled Miguel wrong.

Miguel has nothing even close to being as fancy as Claudio's WS1,1

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I got to Brawler with Paul by just doing Deathfist or Demoman randomly over and over.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Shockeh posted:

"Having a fast low that leads to damage" is pretty much one of the key 'Why you play Kazuya?' queries anyway, so don't sweat it.

*Looks mournfully at his 40 damage max off a low for Kazumi, whilst repeating 'Low is basically chip damage' from Aris like it'll make it hurt less.*

40 whole damage?!
That's twice the damage Claudio's only good low does.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Shockeh posted:

Oh, I should probably clarify, I’m A-OK with it. I wish I could get a combo off a low just for the threat, but I’ll happily hit db4 to open them for a mid all day.

Doesn’t stop me feeling jealous that I’m the Mishima without the option, was all. :)

You have FLY 3,2 for a hellsweep. :downs:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Learning framedata for all the things in Tekken is a god drat nightmare too.
There are insane number of strings that every character has in Tekken and a lot of them aren't very distinct either.

What makes the matters worse is that Tekken 7 doesn't even have replays to help you out, so if you wanna know how to punish that annoying move you got wrecked by online, you better start going through the whole 150 moves long movelist of that other character and you better remember what that specific move looked like.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Brosnan posted:

If you have a PC, every game has replays.

Recording the matches won't show you the inputs of the other guy.
You'll still have to look thought the whole god drat movelist to find that one specific move you're looking for.

TekkenBot overlay is the only saving grace for learning frame data in Tekken really.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Is waking up by holding back from a FUFT position safe or not?
I know you can punish people that hold back from a FDFT by hitting them meaty for example but I can't find a setup for when they land into a FUFT position.

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm pretty sure I managed to find a setup to punish holding back from FUFT so it definitely looks unsafe.

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Mar 29, 2018

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Does anyone know where I can read about various get up options and "long run" moves in detail?
Particularly the latter, because I can't find poo poo online about various "long run" moves and how exactly they work and their frame data, etc.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

MrJacobs posted:

pres forward 3 times a significant distance from your opponent, then press a button during the sprint animation. thats how they work.

What's the input on the running armored tackle?
What's the frame data on block on the armored tackle?
How do you do the running slide?
How does teching and reversing the running tackle grab works?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

mango sentinel posted:

Taking more than 4 steps after starting a run automatically converts the tackle into the shoulder charge
Don't block. Sidestep it.
Running 3 or 4 I can't remember
1+2 when they first touch you to deflect, 1+2 when you hit the ground to reversal. If you also guess and block correctly (1 or 2) when they start punching or on the fourth punch you will end early, this does not apply to certain attack series or if you're BT. To escape the Arm Bar it's 1+2 mash 1, for the leg lock it's 1+2 mash 2.

Thanks.
Is armored tackle + or - on block though? I want to know for when they block mine.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

armored tackle and the running crosschop (running + 1+2 after running 4 steps like for the slide] are both like +5 ish. the running 4 slide is minus but idr how much.

there's a video with all the getup kick frame data in the description or you can watch all 8 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkLNgpVsGwY

Kobold Sex Tape posted:

i made the recording dummy run fullscreen and do the armor tackle into various moves and the only thing slow enough to get interrupted by jab was a slowly input blazing kick so i think it's actually super duper plus on block. lee's 1+2 is like 21 frame startup and jab was getting counterhit by it.

Good poo poo. Thanks bunches.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Exactly what kinds of moves can you low-parry?
I thought that you could only parry lows but recently I noticed that I could low parry Akuma's special mid hitting FC 1 and FC 2.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

sharrrk posted:

all lows and special mids can both be low parried with a few exceptions

It's not possible to low parry standing special mids, is it? Like Akuma/Geese standing 2.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Is there any trick to being able to do WR moves from 1 backdash range or do I just have to be faster?
I can do Claudio's WR2 from about 2 backdashes away consistently without any problems but no matter how much I practice I just can't make it come out from any closer ranges.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

tgijsola posted:

From point blank (and probably from range 1 if you're not super fast) it's a just-frame. You need to hit the '2' on the frame after the last 'f'. Get TekkenBot and put it in the mode where it shows you each frame's input then get it to look like this

Thanks for the explanation.
I'll give it a shot but my execution skills has always been lacking so I'll probably just stick to using WR2 from ranges 2 and farther.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Something just clicked in my head not so long ago and I finally managed to use kbd effectively in a middle of a match.
I managed to do two quick backdashes to just barely move away from a twin pistons and the do a full launch whiff punish to end the round and it felt SO loving good to do.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Kill Street Fighter.
Move all Street Fighter characters into Tekken.
Everybody wins.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

algebra testes posted:

Tekken x Street Fighter would make my dick so hard theyd have to remove my prostate to allow me to pee properly again

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Mans posted:

Claudio, Lars and Lee: GOOD

What other flamboyant characters can i use to strike stylish homosexual desires into my oponents?

Not very flamboyant but Geese got me questioning my own sexuality.
He's bare-chested all the time, acts like he owns the place and he's literally the only character that smiles on his default portrait.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I liked this lady.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I just wanna point out that soon we'll have a mainstream fighting game where Negan from Walking Dead can fight Noctis from Final Fatnasy.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Uncle Kitchener posted:

I don't know about the wall bounce mechanic, tbh. I'd rather stick to the regular wall splash system.

I don't think it's going to replace normal wallsplats.
It looks like they just decided to add Gesse's wallbounce mechanic as an option for other characters as well.