Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
Why do people say Xiayou is broken-tier levels of good?

Does it just come down to something like a character has very few moves that are punishable and they have much easier or more damaging ways to punish stuff than most of the cast?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

I bought my samsung 850 evo for £55 last year and for whatever reason they're now £90.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqC8pQzun44

It's really interesting reading the opinions of people who absolutely avoid fighting games for learning the mechanics and playing against other human opponents. Just one of the first comment trees alone is pining for the days of Tekken 4. Baffling in this day and age.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqS9clzJblY

I main lucky chloe!!!

The PS4 version of this looks pretty bad though.

rednecked_crake fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Jun 1, 2017

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

Loading times are WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too loving long. I'm on SSD too.

This is also yet another game that you cannot alt tab with while waiting for everything to load, poo poo will straight up crash. Guess I have to just use my phone.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

Why can't you select your training dummy in warm-up mode? If I play against the robot girl and they keep doing wakeup super when down on health, the first thing I want to learn after the match is what the appropriate punish is. It just gives you a random character every time. Why is it 2 matches max? Pretty glaring errors considering this game has been cooking for years.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

Goodpart posted:

:v:

I'm talking more... I can't create space, I can't defend properly, not being able to see the physical space I'm creating with sidesteps makes it hard to know why I'm being hit, and most of the time I just feel like I'm brawling. No rhyme or reason to anything that I do, and it doesn't feel like there's any from my opponent either.

Not saying this is the game's problem; I've watched Saints and JDCR have amazing sets literally three feet away from me, but I just... profoundly suck at this?

This is a game where guides are essential, otherwise you're going to spend months playing while you're missing central concepts.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

God bless the chat room feature, reminds me of the old GFWL days with SF4.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

Meridian posted:

Are there any supers that hit low?

I know Lucky Chloe does.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

DoubleDonut posted:

Yeah, I realized that for King's chain throws. I guess I'll just have to practice until I can hit each combination consistently.

I'm guesing there's input shortcuts for whatever his throw inputs are. I was trying Nina's throw grapples and found some shortcuts that make it 10x easier to remember which is which. For example, you can just mash 1+2+3 4 times to get this followup. I just do 1+2 3 times and then 1+2+3 once though.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

guppy posted:

Scrub question: I just got matched against a Bryan player for the first time, and he spammed jabs a lot. I could block them but I could never seem to counter, because nothing I did was fast enough after blocking, even my own jabs (I was Law). Jabs, low kicks, grabs, nothing worked. Any tips?

Scrub answer; sidestep or backdash, punish the whiffing jabs.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

Empress Brosephine posted:

I've never been a huge tekken player and enjoying my time so far I just can't decide on who to play as. My big problem though seems to.m be everyone has 200 moves which is annoying. How are you supposed to learn them all?!?!
Anime robot chainsaw girl played alright. But again, 200 moves. What characters have the least? :(

This guide helped me out.

https://drunkardshade.com/2017/05/27/tekken-7-top-15-moves-for-all-characters/

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

PC version is da bess.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

Just-frame EWGF might be the only reason I want to learn Kazuya.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

Is it cheating to use my last 4 stick buttons for 1+2, 1+3, 2+4, 3+4. Feels like the input reader is super strict in reading a double press.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

You can get all the treasure chest stuff by putting 3 in autofire with Katharina overnight in the treasure battle mode. Saves wasting time fighting the AI.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

Keegers posted:

How high does she get before she loses?

I've left it going for half an hour and I can hear it still going. I'll see how far it is when I wake up.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

Keegers posted:

How high does she get before she loses?

Left it for 6 hours and it got 228 wins and a bunch of money / items.

I also turned everything down to minimum so my PC wasn't running on full all night.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

tyblazitar posted:

You've only got a 3-win streak in the screenshot though, what's the win/loss ratio?

No idea. Does it matter? I just left it to grind out money and custom items.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

I went up against a King last night who didn't seem to know any of his normal moves but had managed to memorize all those crazy multi-stage throws.

That's probably the easiest part of it, I learned a couple in 15 minutes. With the way that the button shortcuts work, you can bind 2 buttons to each shoulder button or spare stick button and if the input is something like 1, 2, 1+2 all you need to do is press the bind for 1+2 3 times.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

Let me buy the titty vampire already.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

People leaving when they finally get a single win, especially when you've been bopping them for the last 15 minutes, is a really common thing in the endless match mode I've noticed.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

Goddamn Akuma is a whack character to play against in this game.

What's the strat to dealing with the demon flip in T7? I already know you're supposed to sidestep-dash the fireballs and jump the demon. There are so many high Green Akuma's who just do low forward tatsu and demon flip over and over.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I know people complain about Rage Arts but seeing pros armor through and clutch out wins is always hype

Nearly everyone up to around 5th Dan or so just uses it immediately. It's a bit annoying to play a green rank in player match and have them do it over and over. I played a Steve who would do it literally every single round when they were near death, every single time I just ducked it and punished. After the 6th match, he did it again and it finally hit, but he still lost the match. It's almost insulting for someone to keep doing it at that point.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

I've lost count of how many times I've selected go to match list after finishing a ranked match when I'm mashing x to go back into the warm up mode.

Like holy fuckin poo poo why is that even an option and why does it default to it. Why does it even say go back to it when I have never even used it after day 1.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

They're selling a shitload more costumes right.

Seems like this game would be perfect for selling a few dozen tops and pants for each character every few months for £5 or so.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

How are you supposed to do that kazuya hellsweep into heavens gate move when in devil form?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

I hit brawler pretty quick with Josie just by rotating through 4 or 5 different things and knowing how to do 50 damage of juggles.

If I started playing King I'd probably rotate through doing that rising knee into big damage and learning the two command grab paths that lead to RDC or dragon sleeper. Probably no one up to that rank would punish the knee for much or know how to break properly.

I played a King who did that alley kick thing and I learned quick to low parry. The mid seems like a poo poo mixup because it's so slow as well. You could probably use Josie's counter against it.