Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDK2Da5-tbI

bring this item back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

what if it's tekken force

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

Luna Was Here posted:

Only ps4 has the jukebox mode where you can choose old music and if Knocc em down isn't in there there'll be riots

it isn't

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/Flying_Wonkey/status/869794657496031232

game got updated before its even been released

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

when did I enter the injustice 2 thread

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XjUL2oxIKg

heihachi just wanted to chill with his bear friend ok

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

Real hurthling! posted:

Is akumas ra a grab in this? Can it be teched or only dodged?

it's counted as an unblockable move

the best way to avoid it is to just jump and then punish the recovery

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

Nearly everyone up to around 5th Dan or so just uses it immediately. It's a bit annoying to play a green rank in player match and have them do it over and over. I played a Steve who would do it literally every single round when they were near death, every single time I just ducked it and punished. After the 6th match, he did it again and it finally hit, but he still lost the match. It's almost insulting for someone to keep doing it at that point.

sf4 ultras

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

KingShiro posted:

You don't have to unless you're trying to do Rolling Death Cradle or King's Bridge. Otherwise you can bind and mash all 4 buttons.

then you'll always get the same throw sequences every time

the whole point of those throws is for the mix up potential involved

i'm not saying don't do this, but i'm saying keep in mind why these variations exist

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

Buschmaki posted:

If hitting all 4 buttons registers the correct grab moves does that mean I can just memorize the single attack inputs and just mash a 4 button shortcut for the combination ones?

yes you can do this but just keep in mind that you'll get a single specific throw sequence every time you do this

like it's a handy shortcut, but if your opponent notices that fact, they'll be able to escape out of your throw sequences that much easier

basically, try to learn the other button combinations for when you're not mashing all 4 buttons down

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

the window for inputting the throw break during king's multi-grapples is pretty generous

it's just that if you input the incorrect throw break during that window, the game takes away your ability to attempt to break out of the throw, until the next sequence in the multi-grab

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

you can literally mash all 4 inputs throughout the entire multi-grab and the game will consistently lead you down one path

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

yes because you are technically fulfilling the button requirements, even with the extra added button inputs

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

Jmcrofts posted:

If I'm absolutely, 100% sure someone is going to do d+1 at the very start of a round how do I punish it? Seems like everything I've tried (df+1, uf+4, etc) gets stuffed

most chars d+1 are special mids which means they can be low parried

try that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

mango sentinel posted:

Anyone got a handy King guide?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-79-USan3xKdTvl9_5AEwQ/videos?disable_polymer=1