Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Is there a story reason Nina is in a wedding dress? Or does that remain to be seen, and for now it's just about people fantasizing about finally marrying the woman they've been dreaming about since she was this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

SyntheticPolygon posted:

The guys at Namco have put together a recap for the first 3 Tekken games in case you're new to the story. With the rest probably coming soon.

It's a very serious and heartwarming tale.

This is so amazing.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

"Haven't seen Nina since her and King's wedding night, any idea what happened?"

King in corner crying "I....just wanted to tend to HER needs..."

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

boxcarhobo posted:

I don't want to dissuade you from using whatever waifu you have your heart set on, but her go to damage BnBs are kind of tough since they rely on hitting while standing moves quickly and consistently

I mained Nina in 1, 2, 3 and 5, but didn't play much 6. Am I in for a bad time wading in with her? I know she's high execution but assuming she hasn't changed THAT much it's probably better that I stick with her than try someone I've got no experience, right?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I've been playing Tekken off and on since 1 was in arcades and I'm still poo poo scrub tier. Feel free to add me on PSN if you're not getting it on master race PC. Username is Degasa.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

boxcarhobo posted:

I am 99% sure that PSN will have a significantly larger player base, but all the fun goons are gonna be on pc. Hell I'll probably double dip if there are as many more psn players as I think there will be.

I triple dipped when UMvC3 dropped since I had friends on both Xbone and PS4, and I wanted to see what mods looked like on PC. Probably wouldn't have done it if I didn't have Steam and Xbox credits. :D

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

That would be in line with the DLC cash grab of most games, but would be exactly the opposite of what Tekken has always done before.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I'm not real pumped about the Rage arts. I mean, they look cool, but they are WAY too freaking safe. If I hit you 3 times on your way over that should break the super move. Just played for a few hours with some friends and I literally had to play it as " oh crap, almost at red, let's play it safe until I can land a combo that will kill them completely"

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Keegers posted:

Just don't throw out limbs when you have the life lead is what I've learned from rage arts. That or bait them into using it.

Yeah, after an hour or so of playing I learned that. It just really sucks that most of them combo off any hit, period. :(

I am reminded of how god awful I am at the game, because my biggest weakness is people who follow the complex mechanic of "jam on buttons". Hopefully playing online I get a win every 100 matches or so.

Also, man it feels good to use a Playstation pad again. I didn't play much Tekken 6, but I did it with a fightstick and it just feels so much better with a pad.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

What's the basic difference between the two different Rage moves it gives you? I got the game and we pretty much immediately started playing with no research.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Is there anything special I need to do to claim Eliza on PS4 if I entered the code on my PC on PSN? I got the confirmation from them, but despite restarting the game she still hasn't appeared.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Empress Brosephine posted:

I've never been a huge tekken player and enjoying my time so far I just can't decide on who to play as. My big problem though seems to.m be everyone has 200 moves which is annoying. How are you supposed to learn them all?!?!
Anime robot chainsaw girl played alright. But again, 200 moves. What characters have the least? :(

The secret is you only need to remember about ten.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I'm so torn on buying the videos. On one hand, everything is available on YouTube, on the other hand... Laziness.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

giogadi posted:

I was playing against an Alisa earlier and at one point I jabbed her and her head just fell off. I died laughing but I also think I remember that she didn't enter block/hit stun when it happened; is this correct?

She has a number of attacks that she actually uses her head as a weapon, you likely attacked as she was throwing it at you.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

absolutely anything posted:

She also specifically has a counter move where you punch her head off and get distracted.

Are you sure you're not thinking of her up-forward 1+2 throw? She takes her head off and hands it to a surprised enemy, then it blows up.

Then again, I haven't looked at anyone's move lists, I'm going off TO so you're probably right.

Your Computer posted:

I was just looking through her moveset and I think that's her parry actually, she learns forward and if your hit connects her head will fall off and she'll counterattack (headless) :haw:

Edit - I stand happily corrected.

Speaking of counters, is Kazumis only vulnerable to throws and Rage arts? I was drunkenly laughing last night as I perfected my friend twice in a row only using it.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

zelah posted:

It's too bad you can't adjust the training commands. I wish I could just hit the touch pad to reset instead of pad+x.

Also wish I could get into a ranked or player match, but that will hopefully change soon.

PSN is just shocked and wasn't prepared for people who want to play a good fighting game online.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Captain Baal posted:

The initial TE2's they made for USF4 do not and I have one of those and can confirm to you that it does not have one. They didn't make their initial ones with touchpads because they forgot I guess and I think it took a few more before they finally added them.

Are you sure you're not thinking of the Ultra SF4 stick they released that was marketed as a PS3/PS4 stick, but was really just a PS3 stick that worked as a legacy stick in USF4/SF5?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Evil Canadian posted:

TE2 is different than the te2+. I got this big ol fat chunli stick I use for SF that is def a ps4 primary stick, and don't got a touchpad.

Ah. this is the TE2 I was thinking of didn't realize there were other versions.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Brosnan posted:

Hi I can't play this game till tomorrow night so I haven't been able to answer questions in the thread much. But probably worth pointing out that like a solid 80% of poo poo people are asking is directly answered in the OP.

Hi I have a question that isn't in the OP which number Tekken is this and is Akuma in it because I like Akuma

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

1982 Subaru Brat posted:

I've just noticed that after using Kuma's rage art, the fish continues to flop around the stage indefinitely. Proof that video games are art.

I love that he has a customization of "Backup salmon"

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I posted this a few pages back, but am still having problems. I got the game for PS4 and it had the pre-order character. I've been conditioned to always so poo poo on the PSN website on my PC, and not in game, so I entered the code on the website. I got a confirmation email for "Eliza voucher", but have not had the character appear. Someone recommended​going to the DLC section to download her, and I'm ASSUMING that's what I need to do because it's a voucher, but the only DLC I see on the website is the season pass. When I try to go to the PlayStation store from the main menu of the game, I get a pop up that it's not available.

I've emailed Sony support, but wanted to check again with anyone here to see if they've had the same issue.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Other than achievements and challenge, is there any differences in Story Mode difficulty level?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Real hurthling! posted:

No and a tool tip even says so

Wasn't sure if it gave you more fight money or whatever.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I was starting to learn Katarina and then I learned this game has a Karin knockoff, so now I have to switch over. Also it sounds like she is a good character to learn sidestepping with

They're sisters, not a knock off!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Finally got Eliza to download. I'm surprised they went with a "new character" and didn't just bring in Morrigan, since her move set is veerrrrrryyy familiar.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Evil Canadian posted:

Also, Swamp thing spotted in t7, pulling double duty.

I haven't done much with customization yet - can you play around with different looks and then commit to the total cost, or do you have to buy a piece and color at a time?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

8-bit Miniboss posted:

You get a preview of it on the model when you have it highlighted but you have to actually buy it and set it to keep it on to model it with other parts.

That stinks. =/ Oh well...I blew a good chunk of my fight money unlocking a bunch of the videos so I need to grind a bit more before I start playing pretty princess anyway. :)

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Anyone happen to have a screenshot of the Heihachi / kid Kazuya "quick time" event from story mode?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I think this thread is actually the most informative place for Tekken 7 on the internet

Awesome thanks!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Meridian posted:

I liked it alright, but then I skipped everything that wasn't a bad rear end Heihachi/Akuma cutscene.

See, I didn't really like Akuma's stuff. Maybe I'm just getting bored of him being oversaturated.

I liked how the story humanized Heihachi. As hard as the Kazumi fight was, I LOVED the in fight mini cuts where he would have memories of her... though it got old on the 50th try. :)

I just really like that ever since the beginning, the main characters of Tekken have not been good guys. Just lovely and shittier.

Tekken 1 seemed like a fairly simple Street Fighter parallel, Kazuya with the Ryu colors and Paul with the Ken colors, but boy oh boy did they evolve.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Evil Canadian posted:

did a quick little ditty about the throw game in tekken

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MC2IltYoEc

so apparently its somewhat new, somewhat old. You only gotta pay attention to how their hands move on command throws vs every throw now.

Old Tekkens the standard 1+3 and 2+4 throws had to be broken by 1 and 2 respectively. Now, standard 1+3 and 2+4 throws can be broken by either 1 or 2, it appears. I approve of this change because I have friends that have been throw whores for 20 years and looking for the right or left hand to break it is pretty much impossible.

Command throws have always been trickier to break, though once your friend who only knows one variation of King's multi-grapple's grabs you it's easier because you know what's coming. :D

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Wall smash

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Trykt posted:

Tekken 7 replaces them with its insane and actually somewhat novel Story mode.

There's short character specific endings you access after story mode. Some are okay, most very short. I think Tekken 3 is the standout for best endings overall, most of the others are good animation but not necessarily "great".

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Yodzilla posted:

I legitimately don't know why they exist and why Arcade Mode is still in the game and why those two things weren't merged together.

I'm happy with it, one fight to see an ending is better than 6. Arcade mode is there to tool around, Treasure mode to actually be productive single player.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

he1ixx posted:

Is there any way to get the neato vampire girl if I didn't pre-order?

Supposedly she'll be DLC in 30-60 days.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Does the host have to participate in the tournament? Is there any way someone could set up a tournament and go AFK for a while? Or do they have to invite/fight?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

PunkBoy posted:

Bryan is a member of the Bullet Club, so he's a jerk gaijin heel.

Ever since Tekken 3 I've just wanted SOMEONE to admit Bryan is based on Stephen Lang in The Hard Way.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Real hurthling! posted:

I dont have any download in NA. :negative:

Same. Was hoping it might be a server side only one. :D

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Jmcrofts posted:

It won't be long before 1st dan is basically trash tier, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Ugh I thought ranks were character based but now I remember this coming up before. So much for me being happy I've gone through treasure mode undefeated with Nina so far and not dipping into online yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

attackmole posted:

1) They are, you just get boosted to 1st Dan for everyone once you hit it with one char because they want the lower ranks to be for 'literally doesn't know game mechanics' tier.
2) Your treasure mode rank is independent from your online rank, they're different.

Ah cool, I look forward to getting violated because I've tortured myself with Nina for years because a young me liked breaking arms