Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I like Bryan he's strong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I only play kuma

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Nina is going to stomp on some bad boys tomorrow my dudes.

I'm need your psn name my dude

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

That doesn't even sound real but I'll add it anyway. Y'all should add me at MSX6800 if you want to fight a scrub.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Yeah I was able to play through story mode on normal up to that point. An hour of bashing my head against the final boss and I set it on easy. It's so dumb.

The online in this also sucks, I've only managed to connect to 1 match, which I won, so I have a 100% win rate so that's cool. Biggest problem is the lack of SP content. And with MP not working all I can really do is mess about in treasure mode and practice mode. Getting decent at Josie at least. There are too many cool characters in this and it's hard to pick a main. Josie seems simple and straightforward.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I've been playing fighting games for years and years and while I'm in no way a pro player the one thing I've learned from them is that you will get A LOT worse before you get better. To use percentages I just made up on the spot, a brand new player could have maybe a 30% chance to win because even though they have no idea what they're doing they sometimes manage to mash out a win. But the moment you decide "Hey, I wanna actually learn how to play this thing" that 30% drops down to 0%. You look at move lists and combos and watch pros to see what they do and all of that and you end up with fractured bits of knowledge with no understanding of how any of it comes together in a fight. You practice moves and combos and then go into an online fight to try it out against a real person and you get beat by a guy you swear is just mashing because you were so intent on punishing his whiff with the move you just learned that you ignored everything else that was going on. All of this has happened to me and it will happen to you too.

So basically all I'm trying to say is that we should all practice our fundamentals. Also Josie needs to stop crying jesus why did you even enter this tournament.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

Your Computer posted:

:yeah:
I just wish I had a training regiment for practicing my fundamentals, because it can be hard to focus on.

I'm just sitting here in training doing shoryukens with eliza over and over because SF and KOF got me sloppy so the precise timing is making this difficult. I don't even know if I want to main her.

Also, if you aren't proficient with someone yet I'd stay out of ranked. It can be demoralizing to not rank up. Player matches are for funsies, and like I said, you are going to get worse before you get better. You can't avoid it so you might as well set realistic goals and enjoy your time with the game and not worry so much about becoming as good as you can as fast as you can. I know I'll never be a pro and so personally I'm gonna settle for knowing what to do in a fight and if I win one, thats cool.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

Real hurthling! posted:

You rank up even when you lose tho at first.

Also yeah its sobering as hell to find out your tried and true 100% reliable fireball technique in every game isnt up to tekkens high standards cause it reads your inputs as 23p6 or 2366p half the time.

Oh well in that case, nose to the grindstone young grasshopper. You will reach Tekken Grand Master through sheer determination.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

Your Computer posted:

As someone who have never played a SF before, the shoryuken is madness. I wanted to play Eliza so I've practiced it a lot but man is it tough :o:

Also that picture isn't ranked, I was playing against tyblazitar locally and he's way above my skill level for now :v: I just thought it was a hilarious picture for the contrast between the plates and everything on them.

Yeah, I've started on cancelling dark wave into moon glide and my thumb hurts now so maybe I'll shelve her. It's a qcf 1 into a fdd/f 3+4 how hard can that be??? Apparently very, in Tekken.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Guys I did it I think I found my main.

It's Lili. As soon as I started messing with her in training mode I was like yes this is it, she has fancy evades, she has flips, nothing super fancy and its easy to understand.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Yeah, I'm really digging her. Flip all day every day. I worked on integrating her side hop move today, I can't tell if it's actually good for evasion compared to sidestepping but it seems like a good mix-up tool

Also I wish I could set my customization thumbnail to be the loading portrait

her back + kick seems to get stuffed by everything at close range so it's kinda hard to use it to evade. Sometimes I can confuse low level players by spinning around everywhere then dashing in with a 3 for a flip kick but I don't see these tricks working on people who know what they are doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

The frilly dress is distracting.