Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Yep!
basically, PS3 sticks will work on PS4 but PS1/2 converters won't. X360 sticks don't work on XB1 for the usual reasons, PC compatibility will be discussed closer to release.

I think they're running their own compatibility driver and not the Lab Zero driver so I don't know what that means for PCB-modded PS3 sticks.
Equal parts relieved and disappointed that I don't need to finally buy a PS4 stick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

That's good information but I never knew that he sounds like daxflame.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

It's too bad you can't adjust the training commands. I wish I could just hit the touch pad to reset instead of pad+x.

Also wish I could get into a ranked or player match, but that will hopefully change soon.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Portrait of a young goon. Myself.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Are there any straight up bad characters in 7? I'm still getting a feel for tekken in general and want to try a few more characters out before focusing on one in particular, but are there any that are bad enough to just avoid in general?

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

I'm real into the Kazumi and her tiger summoning so it's good to hear I'm not wasting time. Thanks!

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

My official Kazumi strategy: f2, ff2, fff2, maybe some f(1+2)

Kazumi gotta mean right hook

A few relatively easy juggle combos do about 55 damage, but df2, df2 does about 44 and feels real good. Plus you get to see the tiger twice!

zelah fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Jun 6, 2017

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Throwing a 2+3 rolly tiger is 30 damage and catches people off guard. b3+4 seems better than regular backdashing.

The thing that took me a minute to figure out with her is the f3 fly move. I was hitting f3 then hitting and holding forward. Hold forward with a 3 at the front is way easier than timing two weird forwards

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Might be because everyone can suddenly connect now? Not sure

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Just start winning tournaments if you want high level cheats

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Yesterday when I hit those clearly-too-good-for-low-levels players I made sure to rematch them. The faster they level up the faster I can play people closer to my skill level.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Empress Brosephine posted:

Wait can you actually pin moves to the screen Injustice style?

Just 1 at a time I think. There's so much that injustice spoiled me with.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Shockeh posted:

I'm more hunting for the positive reason to stay with her, rather than bemoaning him.

I'm in this boat. I also feel like I'm so new to tekken that I don't know the right questions to ask. I've spent a little time learning Leo, Xiaoyu, Dragunov, and Kazumi. Kazumi seems to be sticking the most, but I still feel like I have less tools with her. She is a new character though, so maybe there will be some good resources soon outlining her general game plan and strategies.

I'm still planning on trying out Jin, King, and whoever else to see if anyone really clicks, but I feel like the sooner I settle on someone the sooner I dan start getting better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

This is meaningless small talk but I appreciate that I can make Dragunov look like some sorta sad parade clown when he's usually a super serious soldier dude.

Mine has a red headband, shirtless, white karate pants with red belt, and the fake nose/mustache glasses. Because he is Ryu is disguise. Makes me smile every time a match starts.