Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Friend of mine is going to be gutted that there's no Lei, he pretty much exclusively played him. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Bit of a long shot but I don't suppose if anyone knows if this will have legacy (PS3) fightstick support? Not quite ready to retire my MadCatz (RIP) SFIV TE stick.

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Nice, nice. Thanks for that.

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Sefal posted:

My ps4 copy just shipped. It'll be here tomorrow.
You bloody bastard.

I assume PSN unlock times are set in stone, there's no chance of being brought forward to like.. now because of street date breakages?? Cmon Sony, throw us a bone.

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

The connection to the opponent has been lost.

Getting that on pretty much every connection attempt, only managed to play one actual online challenge so far. Anyone else experiencing this?

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Got to the semis of a double elimination tournament, had some really close games, everyone giving eachother props in the lobby - basically the best experience you're likely to get - host gets beaten and decides he's had enough and *bam* that's it - everyone booted to menu with zero fight money or ranking change. :saddowns:

Had another tourney where the OPTION button stopped working for everyone (PS4), everyone ended up just stuck there chatting like it's IRC in the year 2005.

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Evil Canadian posted:

Eliza has divekicks, reppuken, double reppuken, and shoryukens now that's what I call Tekken.
Eliza is actually not half bad, I smiled when I realised she had an EX dragon punch :allears:

Her vamp bikini costume is rather silly though.. hopefully it's a distraction online, I need all the help I can get.

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Goodpart posted:

Coming from a SF background Tekken is completely impossible to me in every conceivable way
That's weird because personally Tekken feels more like Street Fighters of old (e.g. Alpha/Zero 3). I've never been able to gel with the current series where you are punished if you don't do inputs in precise time windows, e.g. combos that only work with disjointed button presses, and where dragon punches have next to no invulnerability. Tekken is a breath of fresh air in that respect.

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

sexpig by night posted:

Pretty much like said there's some missing things that kinda are absurd for a 2017 fighting game developed for years by a major player, but god drat this game is good when you're actually playing the thing.

NRS spoiled me with things like multiverse and character specific tutorials and all, any game lacking similar things will feel weaker, but this is a very well made game when it comes to, ya know, actual fighting.
As good as Tekken's mechanics are, and I do think they save it from a certain level of criticism, is there any excuse for the complete lack of content elsewhere in the game? It's not as if Namco haven't had an age to work on the game. The absence of such basic stuff is conspicuous in a full price game imo.

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Wish there was some kind of host migration in tournaments, have had quite a few now where the host gets beaten in a later round and quits immediately, or more cancerously makes a point until waiting until the final before doing it, dumping everyone to the menu with zero rewards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

It's just bizarre that you get one rematch.. the guy beat you? well you get to try again and if you win you're quits I guess?

Also what the gently caress is up with it doing a full reload for a rematch? That poo poo is still in memory? I realise they might need to reset the stage or something, but surely that doesn't need a total reload. Sort your poo poo out Namco.