Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

That was such a fantastic throw.

Astros are possibly the best team in baseball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

curried lamb of God posted:

what's basketball, go astros

Baseball is superior to basketball any ways

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Is it time to start thinking about dropping Bregman to AAA?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Keuchel - McCullers is a hell of a 1-2 punch.

I feel like the only thing the Astros really need is a #3 starting pitcher.

Intruder posted:

And replace him at third with?

Gurriel is slumping hard

After looking at it his OPS is still .686 and WAR is 0.2. He's...not great, but he's not Dansby Swanson levels.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Intruder posted:

Morton has been a lot more impressive than I thought. Especially now that his fastball hits 97-98 MPH

Fiers is really the major weak link in the rotation. Musgrove has his bad innings but shows at least some promise versus Fiers being complete garbage

Bregman is .280/.337/.373 in his last 21 games which isn't great but it's not terrible and he showed last season he's capable of going on a tear, and I really don't know who you could possibly replace him with unless you want Marwin to play third base every day

I feel like Morton's a fine #4. Musgrove is a good #5 as a young guy to slowly ramp him up. Fiers is definitely garbage, that we agree on.

I wish AJ Reed developed into the player we'd thought he'd be, so we could swing Gurriel to third.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

HAHAHAHA

gently caress off Chase Headley

Intruder posted:

Well presumably McHugh will be #3 when he comes back and Fiers will be dumped to long relief

Too bad Martes is off to such a slow start

I suppose, but McHugh doesn't inspire a lot of confidence either...

I feel like Derek Fisher needs to get called up, though. He's absolutely dominating AAA and we have a little bit of a gap in left field.

Kirios fucked around with this message at 02:22 on May 13, 2017

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Intruder posted:

So what exactly just happened

Umpire told Chase Headley to get back in the batter's box, looked to be his tipping point after taking a very painful strike.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Astros have a fantastic bullpen.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Still fifth in baseball in bullpen ERA, and a mediocre closer is fixed by absolutely dominating Chris Devenski, Will Harris and Brad Peacock. Michael Feliz and James Hoyt also look great so far.

It's definitely an elite bullpen, which is a huge reason why the Astros are so good this year.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Astros fans, I don't want to blow your mind or anything, but I think Mike Fiers is awful.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

So....when is McHugh coming back?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Adam Warren laid out his worst performance of the year at the perfect time.

Go 'stros!

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Cubs have regressed pretty hard this year.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

This game is making me way more nervous than I thought. And there's ANOTHER game after this?!

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Our two best relievers and they give up two runs in the inning.

gently caress me.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Worst case scenario the Astros split the series with the Yankees and I'm perfectly OK with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I could watch that first inning 100 times and never get bored of it.

• Locked thread