Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

So many first pitch outs already for the Astros

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I like this inning

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I can't actually watch because I'm at work but gameday appears to show the Astros not hitting the ball particularly hard today

Good Dog posted:

Angels just barely score 1 run after starting off the game with 3 straight walks.

The Astros scored 2 runs in four innings with 13 baserunners last week against the Rangers terrible bullpen, that was sure something

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Beltran goes down 0-2, works a 9 pitch walk

I am not used to seeing Astros do things like that

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Astros win :toot:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Astros :)

(rockets... :negative: )

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

all-Rush mixtape posted:

Spurs good. Life is good.

This is where our friendship ends

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

fast cars loose anus posted:

I could watch Marisnick gun Ellsbury all night

It wasn't even close

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Correa :toot:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

McCullers gets out of it though. Looking more like the McCullers of his rookie year in the past few starts

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

fast cars loose anus posted:

Bregman also redeemed himself making the play on that weird hop

6IP 9K 4H 0BB, Keuchel being Keuchel again, this season owns so far

Time to bring on The Dragon?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kirios posted:

Is it time to start thinking about dropping Bregman to AAA?

And replace him at third with?

Gurriel is slumping hard

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kirios posted:

Keuchel - McCullers is a hell of a 1-2 punch.

I feel like the only thing the Astros really need is a #3 starting pitcher.

After looking at it his OPS is still .686 and WAR is 0.2. He's...not great, but he's not Dansby Swanson levels.

Morton has been a lot more impressive than I thought. Especially now that his fastball hits 97-98 MPH

Fiers is really the major weak link in the rotation. Musgrove has his bad innings but shows at least some promise versus Fiers being complete garbage

Bregman is .280/.337/.373 in his last 21 games which isn't great but it's not terrible and he showed last season he's capable of going on a tear, and I really don't know who you could possibly replace him with unless you want Marwin to play third base every day

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kirios posted:

I feel like Morton's a fine #4. Musgrove is a good #5 as a young guy to slowly ramp him up. Fiers is definitely garbage, that we agree on.

I wish AJ Reed developed into the player we'd thought he'd be, so we could swing Gurriel to third.

Well presumably McHugh will be #3 when he comes back and Fiers will be dumped to long relief

Too bad Martes is off to such a slow start

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

So what exactly just happened

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kirios posted:

Umpire told Chase Headley to get back in the batter's box, looked to be his tipping point after taking a very painful strike.

I get that but why is the ump trying to rush him back into the box after taking a pitch to the hand?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kirios posted:

Astros have a fantastic bullpen.

No real loogy, the setup man and closer have the two worst results in the pen

oof

Sipp being the only lefty in the pen is a massive hole

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kirios posted:

Still fifth in baseball in bullpen ERA, and a mediocre closer is fixed by absolutely dominating Chris Devenski, Will Harris and Brad Peacock. Michael Feliz and James Hoyt also look great so far.

It's definitely an elite bullpen, which is a huge reason why the Astros are so good this year.

I'll believe Peacock is a dominant arm when it lasts for a little longer than it has, his track record isn't great

Devenski, Harris and Feliz are studs though

Devenski is such a great find in the system, having a guy who can come in and just shut teams down for 2-4 innings owns

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

In my head it's canon that the reason for Headley's ejection is that he dared to bunt while down four runs in a game between two powerhouse offenses

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

George Springer bitch!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Yankees fans chanting "Derek Jeter" while down 4 in the 9th for some reason

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Uh oh, RIP Chapman's arm

And he came in the game while down four

e: Eh nevermind, he stayed in

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Astros score a run off Chapman and chase him after two thirds and 24 pitches, perhaps making him unavailable tomorrow night

This owns

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

MrMidnight posted:

Supposed to rain pretty hard tomorrow.

Oh right, they were just talking about that in fact lol

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I can feel it, Judge is about to hit a 700 foot dinger off Hoyt

e: Or not

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Hoyt blows giving the Yankees their first shutout of the year :smith:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Astros win, their reign of terror as the best record in baseball continues :getin:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Sydin posted:

CUBS WIN

CUBS WIN

CUBS. loving. WIN. :toot:

gently caress THE CARDINALS.

I can get on board with this

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I see Valbuena hit a dong tonight

Miss u Luis :(

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

This has been a day to forget for the Astros pen

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

If the Astros lose a game they were up 9-0 in :negative:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Thank loving Christ

Also 3 of 4 from the Yankees in NY :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Should have been a sweep, still can't believe Harris and Devenski laid such a turd

• Locked thread