Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
Smackdown will do like 2.2 million tonight or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Reading SD spoilers: I guess is Persona 5 then!!!

Also regarding the cw, they cant even book the main roster properly what makes them think they can write more shows? I hope the womens division doesnt end the same way.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Hey could I get a vinceflex too?

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Defiance Industries posted:

He looks like someone made a man out of leather and pulled it down as tightly as physically possible

If the man is made out of leather than how is the leather pulled down onto something?

#askquestions

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I don't know if you'd put the leather onto a skeleton or some kind of fiberglass superstructure but you'd need something to put it on.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Looking forward to 102.5 Live tonight. On the plus side the change means less waiting until Talking Smack!

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Wrestlers and the wrestler that trained them

RIP Norman Smiley

Also lol they say Daniel Bryan's trainer was HBK. Still.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEOGtKyoiPY

Instead of SD i watched Cobra, what a loving awesome movie.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

DoctorGonzo posted:

You are definitely the disease and Smackdown was the cure.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

DoctorGonzo posted:

Hate that AWSOM50 is too long for a vanity plate. NO I WILL NOT SHORTEN IT.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
loving hell WWE, how are they so bad at gimmicks. The fashion police should always look amazing in their outfits, with tailored clothing. Is that so hard?

Back in the 80's Ted Dibiase was given a fund to live the gimmick, now the fashion police in week 2 are wearing atrocious outfits, and much worse jokes. My hopes for them are already lowered a lot :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1wm_I78qXM

Also, new Usos are weird as hell to me, but at least they now have personalities.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
breezango understands that in different cultures the mores of fashion are inevitably changed, with that in mind they wore the hottest cop fashion in london, i don't see the problem. also yeah the new usos are still a little strange but a lot better than usos 1.0 or the in-between, usos 1.0 but mean

i like the build they're doing for nakamura, it'd be a bit silly to just debut him on a weekly show, he's not tye dillinger over here, but they've had him actually come out, not just video packages until backlash, and tonight they let him show off some offense while still teasing the audience for a full match later down the road. at the very least we all got to see dolph ziggler get kneed in the head a little bit tonight.

also, fandango squatting down, tasting the paint, and saying "that's lead. lead paint" is very, very funny, sorry.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Didn't the usos just do an evil version of the Enzo Cass bit

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

sportsgenius86 posted:

so 205 Live is 30 minutes now

glad to see wwe found a way to gently caress up the best hour of tv they've had going the last few months

i guess with the stories being as slow burn as they are it shouldn't gently caress up the pacing too bad to basically split those matches between different weeks, but still a bummer

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

shiksa posted:

breezango understands that in different cultures the mores of fashion are inevitably changed, with that in mind they wore the hottest cop fashion in london, i don't see the problem. also yeah the new usos are still a little strange but a lot better than usos 1.0 or the in-between, usos 1.0 but mean

i like the build they're doing for nakamura, it'd be a bit silly to just debut him on a weekly show, he's not tye dillinger over here, but they've had him actually come out, not just video packages until backlash, and tonight they let him show off some offense while still teasing the audience for a full match later down the road. at the very least we all got to see dolph ziggler get kneed in the head a little bit tonight.

also, fandango squatting down, tasting the paint, and saying "that's lead. lead paint" is very, very funny, sorry.

They can do the hot cop fashion of london, that's fine. They shouldn't be wearing cheap tacky costumes that don't fit them- they are supposed to always be fashionable, and jerks about it.

And yes, Fandango instantly detecting lead paint by taste was great. More jokes like that would have been swell.

That DICK! posted:

Didn't the usos just do an evil version of the Enzo Cass bit

Yeah, kinda. It's pretty weird, but works. They're having fun, but they're also been massive dicks about it.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Well I for one enjoyed the segment and am glad they did it.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
It's really hard to be invested in anything in the WWE right now. Besides the Breezeango push and the Alexa Nia friendship. The WWE is youtube clips for me right now and I'm alright with that.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
I missed Smackdown this week and had to duck out of Raw pretty early but it's impressive that we cracked 11 pages.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/862141537697882113

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The England Raw/Smackdown both felt so phoned in, nothing particularly special about them at all :smith:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Dimebags Brain posted:

So who becomes Dream Gate champ first: Tozawa or Ben-K?

If he wanted to come back to DG there's no way they wouldn't make him champ immediately. It's too good an opportunity to pass up. Might as well send Uhaa back too since they've given him a whole lot of nothing.

Also Tozawa leaving made H.A.Gee.Mee cry and I'm so not okay with that. :(

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jerusalem posted:

The England Raw/Smackdown both felt so phoned in, nothing particularly special about them at all :smith:

I don't remember the last time a week of England shows wasn't poo poo.

Also Jinder sucks, new MST3K is good, and 205 Live was/is wasted potential but is also overrated in its current form and I don't understand people who say it's the best WWE TV.

I want SD to beat Raw but not with the top program being Orton/Mahal. God I can't fathom a worse top program.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

If you didn't laugh at the Ascension grunting at each other in a closet in black light, you have no soul. SD was pretty drat good and was probably the best show post-shakeup.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Erick Rowan's new finisher is literally a slam

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Jerusalem posted:

This is why I think most people skip them, not because everyone read spoilers. They're just not going to do anything more than tread water on a pretaped show.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/JustinRoberts/status/862163475468099584

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Daniel Bryan on future after WWE contract ends - "If I feel like my health is good, I love to wrestle, and I'm gonna go wrestle" https://streamable.com/w2fds

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

bradzilla posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DN6vfWGrtjE

Oh god it's even worse than I thought. Related from the video: Luke Harper's face makeover is kinda hilarious. Change the singlet to clean black, and get a man bun.

rovert posted:

Daniel Bryan on future after WWE contract ends - "If I feel like my health is good, I love to wrestle, and I'm gonna go wrestle" https://streamable.com/w2fds

He at least seems to be even about it, and somewhat cautious of his health. Not as stupid as he could be, but that's a low bar.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

bradzilla posted:

I only vaguely remember it today but was it that reverse spinning powerslam that Matanza uses in Lucha Underground? It didn't look very intimidating either way.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Wazzu posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DN6vfWGrtjE

Oh god it's even worse than I thought. Related from the video: Luke Harper's face makeover is kinda hilarious. Change the singlet to clean black, and get a man bun.

He at least seems to be even about it, and somewhat cautious of his health. Not as stupid as he could be, but that's a low bar.

I had the opposite read. It's not if the doctors feel good, it is if HE feels good. I unironically look forward to him losing all of his hair to Atlantis.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

rovert posted:

Please don't cripple yourself, Daniel Bryan :smith:

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

This is the guy who asked Luke Harper to "drop me on my neck to test it" after surgery

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

bradzilla posted:

I only vaguely remember it today but was it that reverse spinning powerslam that Matanza uses in Lucha Underground? It didn't look very intimidating either way.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Accident Underwater posted:

It is except without Matanza doing the angle shift and going one way then suddenly reversing direction.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
http://i.imgur.com/wrJOV3C.mp4

Matanza lowers them and swings left before lifting them and swining right. Rowa just holds them and spins.

JOHNSON COCKSLAP
Apr 2, 2017

by Lowtax

Jerusalem posted:

Hopefully he'll listen to his wife. He doesn't strike me as a misogynist so he should do what she tells him to.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

JOHNSON COCKSLAP posted:

Hopefully he'll listen to his wife. He doesn't strike me as a misogynist so he should do what she tells him to.

imo Daniel Bryan should strike all misogynists

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

RacistGuidingLight posted:

Hey could I get a vinceflex too?

beetlo
Mar 20, 2005

Proud forums lurker!
For some reason Fandango just walking through that barrier like it wasn't even there cracks me up every time I watch the clip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

JOHNSON COCKSLAP posted:

How is not listening to your wife now misogyny?

• Locked thread