Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

Gaz-L posted:

They can't be that dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Point well made

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

How much do you think Stephanie will be featured?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Baron Corbyn posted:

How much do you think Stephanie will be featured?

I know I'm replying to a joke post, but probably not at all, outside of MAYBE part of a video package. Pretty sure this is a Triple H thing through and through, and she's only appeared on non main roster network events two or three times. (Takeover, and I think one or two episodes of NXT)

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Wow, Erick Rowan trying to compete with Byron Saxton for worst finisher ever.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Yay for Daniel and Brie :3:

Please don't cripple yourself, Dadniel Bryan!

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Gaz-L posted:

I'm curious about the announce team. I'm guessing JR as PBP, probably, considering this tertiary Network stuff makes the most sense for his current deal, and then maybe Mickie for colour? (They have to use a woman for the colour spot, right? They can't be that dumb)

It will probably be Lita since she is their go-to woman for color commentary.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Gaz-L posted:

I'm curious about the announce team. I'm guessing JR as PBP, probably, considering this tertiary Network stuff makes the most sense for his current deal, and then maybe Mickie for colour? (They have to use a woman for the colour spot, right? They can't be that dumb)

Lita would be my guess, but I'd love to see someone like Molly Holly do it.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Helicity posted:

Wow, Erick Rowan trying to compete with Byron Saxton for worst finisher ever.

Good thing you'll never see it again

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

How about noted WWE Women's Champion, Harvey Whippleman?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Meltzer got some details about the Paige movie and they took some ... creative liberties with the story.

quote:

We got some notes on the “Fighting with My Family” movie that Dwayne Johnson is doing, inspired by the TV special on the Bevis family that aired a few years ago. I could see watching that piece where you’d get the idea to do a comedy movie because everyone in the family are characters. Stephen Marchant, who was the co-creator of “The Office,” wrote ad directed the movie, which has already finished production. The storyline is that the Knight family are a broke, trailer park trash type of family from Norwich that run their own small wrestling company. The father, Ricky, played by Nick Frost, served time, but tried to turn his life around running a wrestling company, but it’s a money losing company and in the money they are constantly on the run from people they owe money to. His wife, Julia (Sweet Saraya), is played by Lena Headey). In the movie they have two children, Zak (played by Jack Lowden) and Saraya (played by Florence Pugh). Roy Knight, the other brother who wrestles, doesn’t exist in the movie. Also in the movie, even though the parents run a wrestling company, the kids aren’t wrestlers as apparently it would ruin a place they want to go. The kids want to be wrestlers in the WWE. The idea was that the two kids just bugged WWE officials so badly they were given a tryout. That’s where you can’t have them previously wrestling because it’s the comedy of the tryout of them not knowing what they’re doing, when actually both were fairly experienced at wrestling when they got their tryout. Also, the idea is it’s a joke they’re getting a tryout wouldn’t fit because in reality everyone pretty much knew of Britani Knight and she was probably the most popular of the women wrestlers in the U.K. and was pretty much a lock to be signed. The WWE signs Saraya and not Zak, which is how it happened. The fact was on the Knights’ shows, Paige was the star of the shows because she was a pretty girl and Zak, who was the better wrestler and wanted it more, had no special look. So in the movie, she ends up in the U.S. knowing nothing, but a kindly coach, played by heavy hitter Vince Vaughn, takes her under his wing at NXT (which is referenced as NXT even though it wasn’t NXT at the time). The coach teaches her to set her mind to it after she wants to quit at first. The film makes it look like Saraya is struggling in developmental when in actuality, she was a hit immediately because she was a very pretty young woman who looked more like a pretty girl who looked like she could be the prettiest girl in the college (at the time the crowd was almost all Full Sail University male students) as opposed to the other women who didn’t look like young college girls, but more models. The story culminates in Paige winning the title over A.J. Lee at WrestleMania in a pretty much exact duplicate of what happened, except when it happened it was the Raw the day after Mania. Dwayne Johnson has some cameos as The Rock, showing up at the U.K. tryout and also giving her pointers before her title win

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Soon they'll be celebrating their baby's 'firsts'; first steps, first words, first concussion...

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Benne posted:

Meltzer got some details about the Paige movie and they took some ... creative liberties with the story.

That sounds like total garbage.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Who cares about Paige.

Alexa is the real deal, brother!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/blakeoestriecher/2017/05/05/how-alexa-bliss-became-wwes-biggest-female-superstar/#7350c9cf224b

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

Benne posted:

My god that movie sounds terrible.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Benne posted:

Since Stephen Merchant wrote and directed this, I'm going to give it the benefit of the doubt.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Benne posted:

jesus christ

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Braun's been pulled from all events even past July 9 (Great Balls of Fire). Everything's been hosed up because of the injury, Bray's now against Reigns on house shows and Finn's currently got no feud lined up

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Sounds better than the Vince McMahon movie at least

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
was braun going to fight brock at great balls of fire or was that for summerslam

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Jerusalem posted:

Yay for Daniel and Brie :3:

Please don't cripple yourself, Dadniel Bryan!

He will probably not cripple himself

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

was braun going to fight brock at great balls of fire or was that for summerslam

Great Balls of Fire

Extreme Rules was supposed to be Braun/Reigns again, this time likely ambulance match, but welp :rip:

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Can't we just have Bray and Finn go at it on house shows while Reigns continues to chill out until Braun comes back?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Soon they'll be celebrating their baby's 'firsts'; first steps, first words, first concussion...

Nah, Birdie will go over. Bryan has a history of losing to an angry baby :)

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Birdie is a dumb name

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Jerusalem posted:

Nah, Birdie will go over. Bryan has a history of losing to an angry baby :)

'Daniel Bryan Play Wrestles Babies' would be a perfect Network exclusive. Bryan gets back in the ring with a minimum chance of killing himself.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Don't expect Shirai. Dave says her Performance Center visit "didn't go swimmingly"

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

'Daniel Bryan Play Wrestles Babies' would be a perfect Network exclusive. Bryan gets back in the ring with a minimum chance of killing himself.

And with King Maxel Hardy, they already have a veteran on their baby roster!

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Chris James 2 posted:

Don't expect Shirai. Dave says her Performance Center visit "didn't go swimmingly"

Just couldn't remember where the hard cam was, smdh.

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Congrats Bryan and Brie on your Birdie

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Benne posted:

i love stephen merchant but this does not sound great

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Man, now that they've split Alexa and AJ onto different shows I really can't be bothered with watching either Raw or Smackdown.

At least with them both sitting on Smackdown I'd have two segments I wanted to watch on one show, but now it's one apiece and I really can't be bothered with it.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

I'm just left wondering what the hell merch Steph even has, and who the hell is buying it.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Shane was on Austin's podcast and more or less confirmed that Road Dogg books Smackdown:

quote:

Let’s separate the two shows for a second; Raw and SmackDown. SmackDown has a lot more spontaneity than Raw. I think it’s because it’s not as regulated as much as Raw. Raw is #1 and has become the longest reigning TV show in episodic television history. SmackDown is #2 or #3, anyway back to SmackDown Live. Kudos to Brian James, everyone is working hard to come up with that spontaneity to give the guys and girls an opportunity they wouldn’t have had if it had been under one brand. So we try to take having the right opportunity along with telling the right stories. Whatever your story is, let’s make the best out of these two guys. Well, they don’t yet because we don’t know their story so let’s make them care.

No mention of Ryan Ward :allears:

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

bradzilla posted:

Shane was on Austin's podcast and more or less confirmed that Road Dogg books Smackdown:

No mention of Ryan Ward :allears:

As he is below Brian James.

Total Divas finale was last night. The clock is ticking on Eva's release now.
https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/862476491967389696

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
post shakedown SD has been trash, gently caress you road dogg go back to tna

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

DoctorGonzo posted:

post shakedown SD has been trash, gently caress you road dogg go back to tna
You post there less so it actually gotten pretty good now :v:

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

achillesforever6 posted:

You post there less so it actually gotten pretty good now :v:

gently caress off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Braun is smart. Get "injured" before a program with Brock Lesnar so you don't have to have a lovely match with him where he does nothing but suplexes, gives you nothing, and kills all your heat. Just like Daniel Bryan missing the Summerslam match so John Cena got destroyed instead.

This guy is already a political mastermind and will dominate the WWE for years to come. Braun owns

• Locked thread