Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Io came from a mob run meat farm and did a try-out at WWE and apparently her takeaway was "I don't like it".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

MotU posted:

doctor gonzo makes terrible posts but i would never censor him. i like phrenia
yesssss, i'm the best

RE: indie stars coming to WWE, it makes me confront whether i care more about the people doing the wrestling, or care more about them entertaining me. it's presumably a pay boost and definitely an exposure boost for an indie star to be on WWE TV, and I'll get to see them more often, but the quality of their matches will decline. the wwe style seems safer than a lot of indie wrestling, but the schedule seems to cause as many injuries.

i usually just end up hoping they make it, but not getting too attached to how successful they are. being a 'former wwe superstar' probably helps their value for indie bookings, so even if they wind up wasted, it should hopefully help their careers.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

At this point, there's so much talent out there in the world that is so easy to find ways to watch, I don't know that I really care where anyone ends up. Even if there's some dream match I'd love to see AJ have in Japan, I'm not exactly going to complain that he's in WWE still putting on great matches.

e: Heck, the reason we have the emergence of someone like Omega is almost directly becuase NJPW had to fill a void because guys jumped ship.

sleepwalkers fucked around with this message at 19:13 on May 11, 2017

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

it's just - you know - you're alright, dromal, you're an alright guy - but, it's just, like, you know, Steve Forbes, was the WORST person to EVER host SNL, and this is the guy you turn to.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Wazzu posted:

Re: Merch numbers and what's stephanie's merch - the connor's cure bracelet comes under 'her' merch, apparently. HOLY poo poo THAT'S CARNY

That's her only "merch" and 100% of the Net goes to Connor's Cure.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/VinceGoogling/status/862413296325902337

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
They should send Alexa Bliss to 205 Live to help boost the numbers. Have Noam Dar start calling her Alexa Piss and either team her up with or feud with Alicia Fucks.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

the drop in posts and ratings directly correlates with my resignation

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

oatgan posted:

YOU STILL GOT IT *clap clap clapclapclap*

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Jeroman is lucky Lowtax loves him so much, because no other forum in the world would even let him post.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

oatgan posted:

You were fired for massive corruption!

Oh wait, that's what they're going to get me for.... :ohdear:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

DarkstarIV posted:

Speaking of Japanese talent, Kairi Hojo did an interview with Tokyo Sports. I cant be assed to translate all of it but here are the interesting things in it:

The rest of the article is basically her acknowledging local fans being understanding that she wants to go, and noting that foreign fans have been a lot more receptive to her than they expected.

As for Io Shirai, I would say that while she isn't signing right now, never say never. People thought AJ Styles would never sign with the WWE, and look where he is now.
Dave has also said that Hojo's contract is 60 K per year which probably puts things in perspective of how much they short change people going into NXT

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

achillesforever6 posted:

Dave has also said that Hojo's contract is 60 K per year which probably puts things in perspective of how much they short change people going into NXT

I imagine she's making significantly less in STARDOM, to be honest. Joshi is not a profitable job profession, and the majority of her revenue most likely comes from merchandise. Just a completely random guess though.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 23:23 on May 11, 2017

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

DarkstarIV posted:

I imagine she's making significantly less in STARDOM, to be honest. Joshi is not a profitable job profession, and the majority of her revenue most likely comes from merchandise. Just a completely random guess though.

Rossy pays very well to those who are loyal to the company by reputation. The foreigners are always very happy with the money they come home with and are pretty desperate to return. But in terms of number $ figures I've no clue.

$45k is the lowest NXT pay I've heard of but women tend to get paid more in part due to upkeep costs (clothes & make up). NXT doesn't tend to bump you up to pay fairly quickly. Also NXT is your whole life so you don't have much time to spend money anyway.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Anecdotal but I have actively been posting less because of certain posters and styles of posting. Anyway, Raw is hosed because of Brock and ripple effects related to Brock. SD is hosed because the top program is Orton/Jinder. These are, thankfully, temporary.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

My viewing has been spotty lately but when did Breezango become babyfaces? Did I miss something?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
RAW is hosed because Seth Rollins is a failure as #2 babyface and is getting zero people excited. He is so bad.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
It's insane how badly they hosed up Seth. And Joe. And Bayley.

Raw is just so, so bad.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

RAW is hosed because Seth Rollins is a failure as #2 babyface and is getting zero people excited. He is so bad.

and his run as top heel and champ was bad for the company too. basically seth rollins stinks all around

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
They push Seth insanely hard repeatedly. He has failed every time. He is so bad and stinks.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

They push Seth insanely hard repeatedly. He has failed every time. He is so bad and stinks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7C0xkSpGINY

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Roman showed better selling in the Payback match with BRAWN than Seth has done in his entire career. Now hold on while I suddenly do flips on my bad leg.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Anecdotal but I have actively been posting less because of certain posters and styles of posting.

You got something to say you say it to my face pal!

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

No Irish Need Imply posted:

It's insane how badly they hosed up Seth. And Joe. And Bayley.

Raw is just so, so bad.

I saw him in Ring of Honor. I don't know what I'm supposedly missing.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

That laugh loving sucks.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I like Seth but "Seth Freaking Rollins" is the worst name, worse maybe than WWE Great Balls of Fire

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

They never shoulda broken up the shield

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

RacistGuidingLight posted:

I saw him in Ring of Honor. I don't know what I'm supposedly missing.
Two of the three I listed were in ROH, can you clarify whom you mean?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Seth was great when he was the Jeff Hardy of the Shield and just jumped off tall things. Then they gave him a really long, bad heel run as Triple H's hand picked champion, then a really long bad face feud with Triple H.

What I'm saying is that I mostly blame Triple H.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

seth rollins is very good but their booking and writing for him has been really bad for the most part

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

If WWE committed to Jinder Mahal half as much as they have to Seth Rollins, he'd be ten times the star Rollins is.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

jinder mahal is bad.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

jinder mahal is very good but their booking and writing for him has been really bad for the most part

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Cardboard Box posted:

seth rollins is very good but their booking and writing for him has been really bad for the most part

i think seth makes his booking and writing worse. he has dolph ziggler syndrome, where you come off like an actor trying to play a character instead of the actual character. sadly there is no cure

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

rare Magic card l00k posted:

jinder mahal is very good but their booking and writing for him has been really bad for the most part

If WWE committed to Seth Rollins half as much as they have to Jinder Mahal, he'd be ten times the star Mahal is.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Who's hurt more people so far, Jinder or Seth

At the very least Jinder's gotta be getting close

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

SD is hosed because they killed Luke Harper

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

but yeah, putting your top fake belt on a dude and then letting him disappear for months is also not smart

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Aye Doc posted:

i think seth makes his booking and writing worse. he has dolph ziggler syndrome, where you come off like an actor trying to play a character instead of the actual character. sadly there is no cure

i feel like at least part of this is just because of the awful, awful scripts they give him but yeah i can't buy anything the dude says regardless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Niwrad posted:

My viewing has been spotty lately but when did Breezango become babyfaces? Did I miss something?

Officially about two weeks ago. I think they were on face teams in multi-mans a few times before that, and AA were the only face team on SD so they really needed someone else. New Day will presumably balance it out again at least.

• Locked thread